We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 2 never split

Ruffmanfan882

[1]Jan 8, 2012
    • level: 6

Season 2 was never split.

:According to the blog post, Dan Schneider didn't even know what was going on, so that can't be used as a reliable source. Every other source still goes by the single season plan. Nickelodeon's press releases, DVD releases, and external sources still use the single season. It's not very reassuring when the title of the blog post includes "Huh?" Also, a new intro doesn't automatically mean it's a new season. Networks falsely advertise "new seasons" all the time. Since that's the only thing a split would be going off of, there's no reason to split it. It's not just the title; he later said "I kinda don't even know myself." Unlike the 45-episode order for season 2, the recent 26-episode order actually was split up into two 13-episode orders, as made evident by Nickelodeon press releases, external sources, and DVD releases. That article was published in April 2011, between airings of "iOMG" and "iParty with Victorious". The article says "''iCarly'', which is currently airing third season..." The article proves that the 45 episodes were a single season, and that the currently airing episodes are season 4. This also means that there will be one more season after the current 13 finish. The following reputable websites support the single 45-episode season: [http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/icarly/ a highly respected site with show listings], [http://www.tvguide.com/News/iCarly-Renewed-Season-1031856.aspx the announcement of the season 5 renewal for 2012], and [http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/04/14/report-icarly-renewed-for-fifth-season-by-nickelodeon/89467/ a Nickelodeon press release]. The only thing supporting a split is a single Nickelodeon promo. Promos are incorrectly done all the time, and they occasionally lie to boost ratings. ::The bottom line is that Wikipedia goes off of external reliable sources. The only ones out there support the single 45-episode second season. If the press goes off the production seasons, then so do we. No source goes off of "broadcast seasons," which don't even exist anyway. Dan Schneider's blog is in no way reliable when he says "I guess," "Huh?," "I kinda don't even know myself," and "I think." He doesn't even know himself.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[2]Jan 8, 2012
    • level: 21
    Interesting post actually. Who knows really, every site has it different to be honest. Everyone needs to be on the same page with this.

pscf3

[3]Jan 8, 2012
    • level: 16
    Wow, yall are still going on this? All the fans say it did, all official places say it didn't. Just choose one and go with it. My opinion is it did split. Honestly, though, if Marc wants to know what to put on the site, hold a poll on the fourms and popular vote wins.

Ruffmanfan882

[4]Jan 8, 2012
    pscf3 wrote:
    Wow, yall are still going on this? All the fans say it did, all official places say it didn't. Just choose one and go with it. My opinion is it did split. Honestly, though, if Marc wants to know what to put on the site, hold a poll on the fourms and popular vote wins.

I kind of say what ever awhile back ago ICarlyFan2009 on the Nickelodeon wiki came to wikipedia, the icarly wiki and started complaining about the production codes saying there all wrong. He says that iDo should be production code 302 and iGo to Japan should be 205-207 and other stuff. Well I showed him videos from Dan and he saying that Dan and the crew are wrong on the production codes and he is correct.

http://nickelodeonproductions.wikia.com/wiki/User:ICarlyFan2009

Here is some of the things he posted on Dan's facebook http://www.facebook.com/gettingstarted.php?step=contact_importer#!/photo.php?fbid=314814708537619&set=o.134265793307&type=1&theater
    http://www.facebook.com/gettingstarted.php?step=contact_importer#!/photo.php?fbid=311125468906543&set=o.134265793307&type=1&theater http://www.facebook.com/gettingstarted.php?step=contact_importer#!/DanWarp/posts/10150325300703308
    and other stuff, and just saying Dan is wrong and getting into fight on the iCarly wiki http://icarly.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:ICarlyFan2009

In one email to hime he said Dan is wrong. He even started a petition on it.

Anyway, an user on wikipedia brought this issue up and starting going with the DVD's. So they changed it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:List_of_iCarly_episodes#Sixth_season see why here.

Ruffmanfan882

[5]Jan 8, 2012
    Also of what Noah Said http://www.facebook.com/noahBmunck/posts/10150496050078270 (Log into your facebook)
    production seasons and airing seasons are different.. Sometimes during a production season/cycle we will film a lot of episodes so it makes an airing season longer. we are going into a 5th season.

Huntley

[6]Jan 8, 2012
    • level: 4
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

:According to the blog post, Dan Schneider didn't even know what was going on, so that can't be used as a reliable source. Every other source still goes by the single season plan. Nickelodeon's press releases, DVD releases, and external sources still use the single season. It's not very reassuring when the title of the blog post includes "Huh?" Also, a new intro doesn't automatically mean it's a new season. Networks falsely advertise "new seasons" all the time. Since that's the only thing a split would be going off of, there's no reason to split it. It's not just the title; he later said "I kinda don't even know myself." Unlike the 45-episode order for season 2, the recent 26-episode order actually was split up into two 13-episode orders, as made evident by Nickelodeon press releases, external sources, and DVD releases. That article was published in April 2011, between airings of "iOMG" and "iParty with Victorious". The article says "''iCarly'', which is currently airing third season..." The article proves that the 45 episodes were a single season, and that the currently airing episodes are season 4. This also means that there will be one more season after the current 13 finish. The following reputable websites support the single 45-episode season: [http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/icarly/ a highly respected site with show listings], [http://www.tvguide.com/News/iCarly-Renewed-Season-1031856.aspx the announcement of the season 5 renewal for 2012], and [http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/04/14/report-icarly-renewed-for-fifth-season-by-nickelodeon/89467/ a Nickelodeon press release]. The only thing supporting a split is a single Nickelodeon promo. Promos are incorrectly done all the time, and they occasionally lie to boost ratings. ::The bottom line is that Wikipedia goes off of external reliable sources. The only ones out there support the single 45-episode second season. If the press goes off the production seasons, then so do we. No source goes off of "broadcast seasons," which don't even exist anyway. Dan Schneider's blog is in no way reliable when he says "I guess," "Huh?," "I kinda don't even know myself," and "I think." He doesn't even know himself.

I'm fighting to keep the episode list back to the way it was. I do believe there was a split, otherwise why would Dan just completely change the opening credits for the second half of the season? He states that the network was calling the new episodes the broadcast third season. He was probably still confused on the whole thing up until he finished explaining everything. Since then things been like that since. The production seasons are still used when it comes to the DVD releases because they probably go by that. But as it's been said, the production seasons and airing seasons are different.

Ruffmanfan882

[7]Jan 9, 2012
    Huntley wrote:
    Ruffmanfan882 wrote:

I'm fighting to keep the episode list back to the way it was. I do believe there was a split, otherwise why would Dan just completely change the opening credits for the second half of the season? He states that the network was calling the new episodes the broadcast third season. He was probably still confused on the whole thing up until he finished explaining everything. Since then things been like that since. The production seasons are still used when it comes to the DVD releases because they probably go by that. But as it's been said, the production seasons and airing seasons are different.

Nick could of Just wanted new opening credits. Shows do that all the time. Suite life had new opening credits in the middle of the season.

Huntley

[8]Jan 9, 2012
    Suite Life on Deck did it because of the addition of Doc Shaw being added to the cast. There wasn't a massive change to anything else in Season 2 other than to add him in, and in Season 3 when he left. I mean, the Zack & Cody series could have used a new opening halfway through it's second season of 40 episodes but it never got one because it would have thrown people off. Now had it been slightly altered, that's another thing. But I don't think Nick would not have wanted a completely new sequence unless a new season was being authorized, and they had like 20 episodes to air over the course of the 2009-2010 season from the season two production apart from the 25 that already aired by August 2009. According to Dan, Nick was calling the second half of Season 2 the broadcast "third season" on his blog.

Ruffmanfan882

[9]Jan 10, 2012
    Well it seems that alot of cable shows do that and arn't really clear no season. Cable shows have massive seasons than the regular television stations. A great example of this is most shows on the USA Network. Many times when a show takes a midseason break, they advertise new episodes falsely as a "season premiere". Just to avoid future confusion and countless inevitable changes that arise from it

Many shows (including Monk, White Collar, and The Office) have had theme song changes midseason
    White Collar's return from midseason hiatus this past year was even advertised as a "season premiere", but we do not consider this to be a new season.

Huntley

[10]Jan 10, 2012
    I understand how things work on other networks, but the fact of the matter is, "iCarly" had it's opening change where we would expect a new season to begin (in mid-September and more than a month after the "iFight Shelby Marx" episode). As for Dan's blog, he wasn't confused in the sense you thought he was regarding the split. Think about it, he wrote the blog post on September 1, 2009 and stated that we were still on Season 2 and that Season 3 was going to start sometime afterwards. So in other words, he was actually confused on when the last Season 2 episode was going to air before the marketed "third season" as a result of the split. Some time afterwards he must have been informed by the network that the "iThink They Kissed" episode was where they wanted to start things off for their broadcast third season officially ending the broadcasted Season 2 with the "iFight Shelby Marx" episode (and what a good cut it was). By the end of the blog he is very confident with the whole ordeal which all makes sense now since I've explained this all to you apart from how we were thinking he was confused about the split season, when he was really referring to when Season 2 was going to end and when the marketed "third season" would begin.

This is what I analyzed and sent to this Wikipedia user KevinBrogers who began debating on the issue leading to the sudden change in the episode listing. I'm waiting to hear feed back on it and see if we can get things back the way it was on there. I feel like praying for this. I gave examples on how a season episode list usually goes on a broadcast label anyway despite what the production season labels say that can still be used when it comes to official reasons such as press and DVD releases. Most web sources go by the broadcast labels. I gave an example regarding the TV series "Just Jordan" that had 16 episodes in it's second and last season. However the first 13 were actually part of the Season 2 production whereas the last three were part of the third season production before the show was soon cancelled. So those three episodes in the third season production were added to the Season 2 count. Broadcast-wise they're Season 2 episodes, but we're not going to have people splitting them up because of what the production labels are in a similar manner but opposite of what was now done to "iCarly" on Wikipedia.

pscf3

[11]Jan 10, 2012
    Solution-

"Seasons" are traditionally seasonal, or lasting a year. Season 1 spanned a year.

Seasons 2 split:

Season 2 spanned one year

Season 3 spanned one year

Season 2 not split spanned TWO years, however.

Season 4 (3 prod.) spanned about one year.

( Season 5 (4prod.) actually will have only spanned 1/2 of a year, though.)

teenj12

[12]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 26
    pscf3 wrote:
    Solution-

"Seasons" are traditionally seasonal, or lasting a year. Season 1 spanned a year.

Seasons 2 split:

Complicated solution.

pscf3

[13]Jan 10, 2012
    Basically each "season" lasts a year.

Huntley

[14]Jan 10, 2012
    So apparently my feedback didn't get handled too good as I expected. I thoroughly analyzed things about the blog, but it's still being considered unreliable so I need to look for something else to support the network's decision to split the season. Mr. Brogers isn't entirely convinced the network made the decision despite Dan going by what they suggested when it came to the issue. He was obviously informed somehow that the network was calling the second half of Season 2 the broadcasted third season otherwise how would he refer to them about what they said? He is associated with them after all.
    pscf3 wrote:
    Solution-

Seasons 2 split:

This is pretty much how it's looked at on a lot of websites, and those that have these episodes listed. Season 5 is likely to end in March I'm guessing with just three more episodes after the "iMeet the First Lady" episode airs on January 16th.

Ruffmanfan882

[15]Jan 11, 2012

Huntley wrote:
    So apparently my feedback didn't get handled too good as I expected. I thoroughly analyzed things about the blog, but it's still being considered unreliable so I need to look for something else to support the network's decision to split the season. Mr. Brogers isn't entirely convinced the network made the decision despite Dan going by what they suggested when it came to the issue. He was obviously informed somehow that the network was calling the second half of Season 2 the broadcasted third season otherwise how would he refer to them about what they said? He is associated with them after all.
    pscf3 wrote:
    Solution- "Seasons" are traditionally seasonal, or lasting a year. Season 1 spanned a year. Seasons 2 split: Season 2 spanned one year Season 3 spanned one year Season 2 not split spanned TWO years, however. Season 4 (3 prod.) spanned about one year. ( Season 5 (4prod.) actually will have only spanned 1/2 of a year, though.)
    This is pretty much how it's looked at on a lot of websites, and those that have these episodes listed. Season 5 is likely to end in March I'm guessing with just three more episodes after the "iMeet the First Lady" episode airs on January 16th.
    acutaully There is only one or episodes left for this year or iToe fate cakes is the last episode.

season 4 production

401 May 2

402 May 9

403 May 16 Could of taken off

404 May 23

405 May 30 could of taken off

406 Jun. 6

407 Jun. 13

408 Jun. 20

409 Jun. 27

410 Jul. 4 Miranda left at the end of the week

411 Jul. 11

412 Jul. 18

They could have taken the week of the 16 or the 30 of may off. Miranda left for her tour after the week of the July 4th Can you change season 4 and 5 episodes to TBA for now since they did not film all of the episodes for this production season. Next season they are going to be filming more than 13 episodes according to Noah. (log in to your faceboo) http://www.facebook.com/noahBmunck/posts/10150410593663270

Edited on 01/11/2012 7:12am

Huntley

[16]Jan 11, 2012
    Actually, Miranda left for tour on July 15th. I remember her writing a twitter post on that day saying that she was leaving for tour. I recall Noah Munck making a tweet that following week about making a final run through, along with Dan uploading a video from that week with the other cast members on set shooting an episode without Miranda there. Also, does anyone know if "iStill Psycho" was shot in the same week or over the course of two since it was a two-part episode production? Regarding the DVD labels of the seasons, there's an observation I just wanted to elaborate on. A user at Wikipedia commented on how the press and DVD releases marked the final say on how the seasons should be labeled even if the split of Season 2 was properly proven. Well, that's not always the case because the seasons are usually followed by the broadcast labeling anyway. It's clear Nick and press sources still use the production labels, despite thinking how Nick could have titled the Season 3 DVD as such instead of Season 2 Vol. 3, and Season 4 as such instead of "The Complete 3rd Season". In a unique similarity, look at how the new season was marketed. "iLost My Mind" was clearly the start of the new season, but "iDate Sam & Freddie" was labeled as the premiere episode. You wonder why this was the case, but look at the production numbers. "iLost My Mind" was the second episode produced whereas "iDate Sam & Freddie" was the first (I'm confused at why this was the case). Hint. Hint. Like the DVD labels, one could think that Nick could have promoted "iLost My Mind" as the premiere since it came first and the story coming before "iDate Sam & Freddie". But seeing how things were handled it's clear they follow by the production labels despite what the TV label is. I mean, we didn't count "iLost My Mind" as a Season 4 episode. So even if we can properly prove the split of Season 2, the production labels shouldn't indicate that the season should be labeled as a whole broadcast-wise.

marcdragicevic

[17]Jan 11, 2012
    [QUOTE="Ruffmanfan882"]

Huntley wrote:

They could have taken the week of the 16 or the 30 of may off. Miranda left for her tour after the week of the July 4th Can you change season 4 and 5 episodes to TBA for now since they did not film all of the episodes for this production season. Next season they are going to be filming more than 13 episodes according to Noah. (log in to your faceboo) http://www.facebook.com/noahBmunck/posts/10150410593663270

This content is currently unavailable
    The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
    It doesn't work.

Huntley

[18]Jan 11, 2012

So apparently I was able to scrap up some more evidence over on Wikipedia to help support the split season. We have sites like Amazon and iTunes where downloaded volumes of the seasons available (apart from the from the DVD release labels of the seasons released by the Nick studio) are labeled according to their broadcast labels as a result of the split in Season 2 that had to take place. Check them out for yourself and scroll down to look at each of the episode lists:

AMAZON:

Season 1: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J9H9QE/ref=atv_dp_season_select?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

Season 2: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JG113Y/ref=atv_dp_season_select?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

Season 3: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002P8ETHA/ref=atv_dp_season_select?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

Season 4: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y3OCE0/ref=atv_dp_season_select?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

Season 5: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005HBT5YY

iTUNES:

Season 1: http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/icarly-vol.-1/id263187724

Season 2: http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/icarly-vol.-2/id290882237

Season 3: http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/icarly-vol.-3/id329885929

Season 4: http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/icarly-vol.-4/id380670972

Season 5: http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/icarly-vol.-5/id450548497

As I pointed out when I listed these, this seem to have had an impact on the "True Jackson" episode list resulting in a split in Season 2 that was originally listed covering the whole 2009-2011 season. Out of the 34 production episodes of the season, the last 14 are labeled as "Season 3" on Amazon and iTunes, and now Wikipedia. However unlike "iCarly" the split of it's season was well known before it happened and listed that way on a lot of websites soon afterwards as a result. I saw Mr. Brogers' edits regarding the list after the split was made on the "True Jackson" list and didn't seem pretty concern with that. So I don't see why he should be concern here especially when we do have some reliability regarding it from Dan's blog before this marketed third season premiered.

Edited on 01/11/2012 9:34pm

marcdragicevic

[19]Jan 12, 2012
    Our best hope is to get Dan to settle this, I think. Probably need to email him about this and hopefully he will respond.

marcdragicevic

[20]Jan 12, 2012

"iCarly: Second Season? Third Season? Huh?!?

Yo Hobos!

Recently, my Twitter and DanWarp gmail have been filled with iCarly questions about when the 2nd season ends, and when the 3rd one begins.

Believe it or not, I kinda don't even know myself. Well, I do and I don't. I'll explain...

On most prime time shows, the "seasons" are very clear. Generally you start writing in June... start shooting in August... you shoot 22 episodes... then you wrap (end shooting) in February. That's your season.

So, when the shows air, it's very easy to say, "Oh, that's an episode from season one" (or whatever). It's clear cut because the production season was clear cut.

But on iCarly we seem to never stop shooting episodes! We have an insane schedule.

I shot the pilot of iCarly in January of 2007. And about three weeks ago we completed the seventieth episode (in August '09). Yep. Seventy episodes in just two years (if you subtract the WGA strike). That's a crazy pace by anyone's standards in television. I don't know if you can find any scripted TV show that's made that many episodes that fast.

Currently, there are somewhere around 21 episodes of iCarly you haven't seen yet. The ones airing now are the 2nd season. I think the 2nd season began with the episode iSaw Him First.

And I guess what the network is calling the "3rd" season starts airing a few weeks from now. That's when you'll start seeing the new opening sequence (I haven't decided whether or not to keep the Spencer-Ostrich shot yet, but most people say "Keep it!").

And there you have it.

• We're in the 2nd season now.

• The 3rd season starts airing in a few weeks (with a new opening sequence).

• There are many new episodes of iCarly to come.

Now, since I've answered your questions... will someone please tell my why I seem to have more hair in my ears now than I did 10 years ago? Why does God play this cruel joke on men?

I'm going to get the tweezers.

Luv, --Dan

@DanWarp on Twitter"