We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iOMG/Episode #310" Episode Discussion

frontman19

[241]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 14

I agree, I really don't want them to get together in the sequel, I would actually much rather Freddie say he needs to wait and figure out what he wants. I mean there's been friendship development sure, but not enough I think the sequel should end without a relationship and let it be an overarching theme in season 5 with the decision coming at the finale, after plenty of opportunity for their relationship to consistently develop. I do think Dan has to be careful, especially because he overdid it with the violence, (the one thing I really don't like about this show), he can't make it sudden like he did with a couple like Quinn and Logan in Zoey 101, it needs to be a multi-episode arc, starting now,

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[242]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 16

To the person who wanted to view it without downloading it: http://www.megavideo.com/?d=1POIE7K6 Credit also goes to eddaket.

Uh-oh, long post following. Look out...=/

@ilivelovemusic: Yes, the download is safe and the person who uploaded it is trustworthy. I made sure of that. Do the free download. If you wouldn't mind paying for the RapidPro, then you might as well get the iTunes version. If you just wanted to see it again, there's a low quality version on youtube(but it's flipped) if you search it. Or you can use the megavideo link I just posted if you don't mind watching megavideo for your iCarly episodes. *agrees with windwaker's entire post* Dan puts a lot of detail in all his episodes, and there is a lot that shouldn't be taken at face value, so I think the overanalyzing of Creddie/Seddie is sometimes necessary. I like your interpretation of it.

The issue is that this entire time Seddie has mostly been one sided romantic wise. Sam/Freddie do have a close friendship that developed, it's just that Freddie doesn't want to think that they do. Regarding feelings, all the development has been through Sam. Freddie's love for Carly was also one sided until iSYL. Sam is sometimes too subtle at her feelings towards Freddie and is a little too good at acting. Freddie and Carly, her two best friends, had no idea Sam would ever love Freddie. Even Spencer found it weird Sam would want to go to the movies with Freddie and Brad. So I also feel that anybody who doesn't see how Sam could possibly love Freddie has a completely valid point. The subtle hints Dan supposedly gave, seemed more like moments to please Seddie shippers. They were also balanced out with some Creddie moments. Like the "Awww, Sam, if you're in love with me just say so" line seemed like something he just put into there to make Seddie shippers(like me) squeal. Has he been keeping Seddie in mind while writing that line?

The way I have interpreted iCarly so far can be seen through completely different views. I've seen those views through Creddie shippers, and even sort of shipped Creddie temporarily. The "groundwork" I supposedly see may or may not be there. Basically I used to think that Sam would torture Freddie either hoping for him to fight back, to push him away because she's scared of her feelings towards him, or for his attention. When they fight or bet, they basically shun the world around them, and I thought she wants that. However, any time they are alone without Carly, they're pretty civil to each other, or pretty sincere. I always found that kind of interesting. In iTTK, it seemed like the kiss was what was on her mind. If she really did forget about the kiss, laughing gas would not make her randomly think about it again. If you are not saying something honest, it's usually what's on your mind, right?? Then iSpeed Date's last scene(Seddier's POV isself explanatory). She's good at hiding feelings and can tease him about relationships since she's so good at teasing people, but still has disappointed looks through his love interests(Ashley, the fangirls from iPTN). I think all this time she wanted somebody who could challenge her or stand up to her, and so far the only people who have been able to do this is Carly and Freddie.

Others could say Sam could simply torture Freddie because she likes it. That's their routine and neither would change that. The look in iSD could just be because she was disappointed she didn't get a date, and cannot even hang around her two best friends to shake it off. Her reactions to Freddie's relationship can simply be because she disapproves of the girls themselves. Like she said "Nice nauseates me. It's taken me years to get used to [Carly]." I think sockstar put up a development of Creddie on this thread a few pages back and it make sense of Freddie's build up to liking Carly.

Long story short, I admire the way Dan puts out an episode and we get opposite reactions and analyses of them. I think the "groundwork" depends on the way you've seen everything so far. I see groundwork, I think the episode makes sense, I loved this episode, and I feel it could go in the Seddie direction. Then others think vice versa and that Seddie will not last long and there will be a twist resulting in Creddie. Nothing is going to change that. All in all it depends what the heck has been going through Dan's head. Gosh, I love this show.

Oh, didn't see frontman's post there. I agree with everything(I've been doing that a lot lately, haven't I?)

Edited on 04/10/2011 9:37am

saylavee

[243]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 18

First I want to talk about the actual episode.

I really like it overall. ^^ Gibby wasnt as annoying as he's been in past episodes. And Spencer in that box was VERY amusing. lol. Also, I LOVED the main cast's acting in this. It was really good. Especially Miranda and Jennette. Just, really really good. Can't express it as anything else. Also, if Sam doesn't want Brad, can I have him? Please?

Okay now for the ending kiss part ^^. I don't think it looked fake for starters. Like other people said, it was a stage kiss. And the other two kisses from both sides had more build-up. This was just Sam plunging into it. So freddie looked shocked. Of course that was going to be the only emotion from him.

As for iReact. Even though I'm a Seddie shipper I can't see them getting together next episode. Though what I CAN see is Freddie being like "Give me time to think about this" and then have him chose between Sam and Carly in the series finale. That would give him time to develop feeling for whoever. (Really, I don't care which side wins in the end I just wana enjoy the show, though I'd prefer seddie) It would also give Sam a chance to be nice. Also, see my little mini rant on OOC in the Seddie thread if you want because I don't feel like re-typing it.

Fireofnature wrote:
    Somewhere someone creddie said good for Creddie that Seddie happened first but there's 2 things:

1) Shows don't always hop like that, I guess some do and that leads to point 2.

2) Creddie DID happen first, unless for some reason fans refuse to admit that ISYL existed.

^THIS

chicamusica12 wrote:

Right now, if anything Sam and Freddie should be closer friends. Freddie is shown to care about Sam a lot more than he lets on, but right now it only indicates friendship. (though he won't admit it)

Sam on the other hand has been extremely tsun-tsun to Freddie and has rarely shown her dere-dere side. (A tsundere is a japanese term that describes someone who can be extremely cold and irritated, while still having that sweet side to her. The tsun side is the angry, irritable side, while the dere is her sweeter side. Sam leans heavily on the tsun side of the scale, and if Dan wants to believably portray this, he has to show her dere side a lot more, but not to OOC levels)

I was reading your post. and once I saw the word "tsun" pop in there I was like "Oh god you're going to talk about tsundere yet I bet most people here don't know what that means! Okay time for me to pop in an explanation after i read this!" Then I read on and was like "Oh okay good" I REALLY gotta stop reading these things on my phone so I can quickly read the post before reading it fully so I can see what people are talking about right away without having to go a few lines at a time XD

vanillacupcakes

[244]Apr 10, 2011

Apologies for the double post...again. Geez, every time I post something, I find a new one and want to respond to this. I love this thread. *presses imaginary "like" button onSaylavee's post*

@chica: Ah, yes! Thank you for mentioning Sam being tsundere. I see I'm not the only who has thought of this. She needs to find the optimal distance between them, like somebody else said similar to porcupines. They want to be close enough to keep warm, but far enough to not hurt each other. [/bizarre rant]. I think as addressed, Sam has been very, very scared to address her feelings, mostly because she feels weak. In iOwe You, she didn't want Freddie to see her cry. Right when he showed up, she screamed at him like a maniac. That's how she has been for such a long time. Now that this has officially been addressed in an episode, I think that will change. It already seemed like she was tired of hiding in all her emotions and building them up inside of her like that. I think this is the very beginning of her development, regarding her fear of being too vulnerable. Carly and Freddie are doing a really good job of making her dere side become more apparent. I think eventually it will be addressed why she changed her behavior, but everybody's response sounds legit enough to sound believable even if they don't confront it. Yes, he has to be careful. I don't want TOO much drama. As I said a lot of times before, it all depends on the epic season 5 episode that will come.

Edited on 04/10/2011 9:51am

chicamusica12

[245]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 13
    THe issue with Dan, is that he doesn't do well with continuity. If anyone is expecting whatever happens now and in iReact to bleed into other episodes, then they'll be disappointed. It's one of those shows that don't show the aftershocks of certain episodes until 40 have passed, and then the writers expect us to believe the transition was smooth.

Sam and Freddie will most likely act the same, at least until some big OMGSPESHUL episode. This is good if they want to keep the status quo, but not if they want believable reactions.

hurr05

[246]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 10

ahaha...the creddie fans have been silenced!! no offense.

but yeah, that kiss was a little random. i totally knew it was going to happen though. and carly's probably gonna get pissed off and confront them..

AND THE SEDDIE RELATIONSHIP BEGINS!!!

KatiePhil

[247]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 3
    i am actually kinda pissed off at dan for telling all of us fans that this freakin show isnt about the relationships then he goes and pulls this crap. wtf ever. i hate the games. i just want him to give it to us straight. i honestly dont care about the whole seddie thing...that aint ticking me off. the fact that he made a whole ep about how we fight so much and how we should just watch the show for comedy and then doing this to work everyone up is bull crap. just sayin. i honestly think he did it for more ratings. he notice how every major shipping episode shot up the ratings so he wanted more. i have my own opinions, u can call me out if u want, but this is what im basing my thoughts off of.

UnovaChampion

[248]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 19
    Psh, probably just another overhyped episode and...

*sees Sam kiss Freddie* HOLY ****! Yea I said that out loud last night and nearly got myself grounded. >.>

Anywho, I was on Team Creddie, but I don't care which happens, the most annoying thing would have to be the crazy fans that Nick is just eating off of for ratings.

teenj12

[249]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 26

KatiePhil wrote:
    i am actually kinda pissed off at dan for telling all of us fans that this freakin show isnt about the relationships then he goes and pulls this crap. wtf ever. i hate the games. i just want him to give it to us straight. i honestly dont care about the whole seddie thing...that aint ticking me off. the fact that he made a whole ep about how we fight so much and how we should just watch the show for comedy and then doing this to work everyone up is bull crap. just sayin. i honestly think he did it for more ratings. he notice how every major shipping episode shot up the ratings so he wanted more. i have my own opinions, u can call me out if u want, but this is what im basing my thoughts off of.

Its not. The comedy of them trying to hook up Sam and Brad is what DROVE this episode.

Canada_Michael

[250]Apr 10, 2011

@ KatiePhil I totally agree the whole iSAFW stuff was BS. The comedy stuff is getting pushed to the sidelines as the cast gets older. In my opinion what was funny when they were younger isn't as funny when they're older, so now relationships make sense. The problem I see is because the show is a "kids" show they can't really focus too heavily on dating & couple issues. So what ends up happening is moments used for shock value, which are then all but forgotten.

The whole Creddie/Seddie thing is Dan yanking everyone's chain for ratings, & in the end nothing major will come out of it. Doing so is fine but coming out with a episode that tells people it's not about relationships, & then a few episodes later it is is just plain dumb.

Fireofnature

[251]Apr 10, 2011
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Psh, probably just another overhyped episode and...

*sees Sam kiss Freddie* HOLY ****!

That was almost exactly how it went for me too XD. Except it was more a calm, subdued "holy..." The episode as a whole really didn't affect me. I used to be Seddie, still am, but I need some time...and until then, Seddie just doesn't affect me much and nearly makes me want to cringe...and not because I don't like Seddie, I love Seddie, but because of the memories it brings that I need not go into, haha.

While everyone's busy analyzing the episode and dissecting it piece by piece, I think I'll just sit back and enjoy as I've already basically dissected it a million times over in my head. I don't know if the React episode will be based off of Freddie or based off of Carly and Freddie comes to grips in the victorious episode. I don't see how they could manage to push that in there, but who knows.

Now if you think about it, Freddie and Sam COULD work, because WHERE else have we seen a somewhat similar type of relationship? I'll give you a hint, the show involves a group of multi-talented youths at a hollywood school and it's going to be crossing over with iCarly.

Yeah, Jade and Beck can be attributed to similar to Sam and Freddie. So seeing them might also have an effect on the seddie couple too, who knows? Either way, time can only tell what will come next.

KatiePhil

[252]Apr 10, 2011
    teenj12 wrote:

KatiePhil wrote:

Its not. The comedy of them trying to hook up Sam and Brad is what DROVE this episode.

but dan led ppl on

Canada_Michael

[253]Apr 10, 2011
    teenj12 wrote:

KatiePhil wrote:

I disagree because the title iOMG suggested something big was going to happen, from the promo's it was clearly about relationships.

Fireofnature

[254]Apr 10, 2011
    Canada_Michael wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

KatiePhil wrote:

I disagree because the title iOMG suggested something big was going to happen, from the promo's it was clearly about relationships.

Yeah but I think in the fanwar episode, it may not have been so much Dan saying the SHOW ITSELF was supposed to be about comedy and whatnot, rather the WEBSHOW was not about relationships.

You have to consider, this is the iCarly world. The Seddie/Creddie fans in that episode have NO IDEA what the gang is about or like outside of their webcasts, like we do. All they see is what we would see if we go to iCarly.com

So I'm almost certain that they were talking about the webcast to their fans in that episode, rather we all know that the show itself is about more than just comedy, it also deals with other dramatic stuff, such as relationships.

So I think everyone's taking the fanwar a bit out of context and analyzing that episode a bit too much. That's just my two cents.

teenj12

[255]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 26
    Canada_Michael wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:

KatiePhil wrote:

Yes, but comedy still overridden the drama. As I said, it was of them trying to hook up Sam and Brad drove this episode. Not JUST the OMG ending.

vanillacupcakes

[256]Apr 10, 2011
    Well the main focus was on the end scene, not really Carly and Freddie trying to hook up Sam with Brad. It was important, it was needed as the build up to the end, but that wasn't the most important part of this episode. The comedy was a side to the drama, and balanced the episode out.

Normally the episodes are vice versa, the drama is very small, usually a little moment and comedy is Dan's intentional focus. I guess what Dan expected out of iSAFW is that the shipping wars would end a little and when a couple does arise at the end of the series, the losing ship wouldn't be too mad because they weren't "too into it" anyways. As if we would stop arguing with each other because the iCarly characters told us to. The only agreeing between both ships after this episode was a "We all hate Dan for doing this" and people will look at episodes thinking it's all hype. Other than that, nothing has changed from that, and iSAFW's main plot was a little pointless through my eyes(Gibby's plot was pointless too but that's a different story). Just because Dan writes it more for the comedy doesn't mean that others should watch it for the comedy. When he makes episode like iSYL and iOMG, it's to be expected that people will be hooked into shipping. It's like he makes people feel so excited about ships, then laughs and spits in their face, then makes people feel excited again. It's how he rolls with stuff. I do think the Seddie shippers who were disappointed with iSAFW got "revived" though, and forgive him/love him all over again. *sigh* Dan sure is something, but I freakin' love his shows regardless.

KatiePhil

[257]Apr 10, 2011
    well i wont be petty and crap and say " well im not gonna watch icarly anymore bc creddie didnt happen". i am gonna continue watching it bc i enjoy it. and i can say this, i bet all of u would continue watching no matter what ship happens. that is what i enjoy about coming on here and talking to yall. thats one of the greatest things we have in common. i know that was sorta off topicish,but i am just sayin that i respect all of ya

Fireofnature

[258]Apr 10, 2011
    OKAY then, I'm going to stop posting my thoughts since nobody ever picks up on em. Feel like I'm talking to a brick wall here.

saylavee

[259]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 18
    Dont worry I feel your pain : /

chicamusica12

[260]Apr 10, 2011
    Fireofnature wrote:
    OKAY then, I'm going to stop posting my thoughts since nobody ever picks up on em. Feel like I'm talking to a brick wall here.

Tends to happen a lot huh?

Actually, I think Dan wasn't saying we forget about the romance completely. I think that we shouldn't take it as seriously. There are always fans that ignore the entirety of the episode and just focus on the so-called hints. Honestly, unless stated: Plot: 95% Romance=4.5% Other: .5%