We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iOMG/Episode #310" Episode Discussion

futuramarama

[221]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 37
    the next episode (not iParty, after that of course) is going to continue where this left off, but it's not called iReact; someone posted that earlier in this thread that that was the title that person is going to use, until we get official word what the title is.

though if it turns out it is iReact that would be pretty funny
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KJLwriter

[222]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 8
    Oh, okay! Thank you for clearing that up for me!

futuramarama

[223]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 37
    no problem

frontman19

[224]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 14

EDIT: Futuramarama beat me to it, but yeah, what he said.

Edited on 04/09/2011 11:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Canada_Michael

[225]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 10
    @ KatiePhil

To me it seemed rushed as well. It's like one day Sam just woke up & was like wow I have to be close to Freddie because I really like him LOL.

@ RemDiamond

I would prefer Creddie as well, I will never understand the love for Seddie . If Creddie is predictable as some say I say so is the whole opposites attract angle of Seddie. This episode makes iSAFW pointless. It just reaffirms what I thought, which is the whole Creddie/Seddie stuff has been done consciously & on purpose.

Fireofnature

[226]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 13
    Somewhere someone creddie said good for Creddie that Seddie happened first but there's 2 things:

1) Shows don't always hop like that, I guess some do and that leads to point 2.

2) Creddie DID happen first, unless for some reason fans refuse to admit that ISYL existed.

frontman19

[227]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 14

Canada_Michael wrote:
    @ KatiePhil To me it seemed rushed as well. It's like one day Sam just woke up & was like wow I have to be close to Freddie because I really like him LOL.

@ RemDiamond I would prefer Creddie as well, I will never understand the love for Seddie . If Creddie is predictable as some say I say so is the whole opposites attract angle of Seddie. This episode makes iSAFW pointless. It just reaffirms what I thought, which is the whole Creddie/Seddie stuff has been done consciously & on purpose.

I actually can understand why Sam chose now to make her move, she was actually just using Brad as interference to have an excuse to hang out with Freddie, remember in previous episodes the gang would mostly hang out together and Sam and Freddie would usually be with Carly while on screen, and since Sam was still unsure about her feelings, didn't make any moves. Now that Freddie is hanging out with Brad and Carly doesn't feel a desire to come along she could use Brad to get closer to Freddie.

And of course Dan did the Seddie/Creddie stuff on purpose, what gets an audience more riled up than an episode attacking a large part of it. Then later on winning them back in a huge way by giving them what they want.

Edited on 04/09/2011 11:11pm

KJLwriter

[228]Apr 10, 2011
    frontman19 wrote:

Canada_Michael wrote:
    @ KatiePhil To me it seemed rushed as well. It's like one day Sam just woke up & was like wow I have to be close to Freddie because I really like him LOL.

@ RemDiamond I would prefer Creddie as well, I will never understand the love for Seddie . If Creddie is predictable as some say I say so is the whole opposites attract angle of Seddie. This episode makes iSAFW pointless. It just reaffirms what I thought, which is the whole Creddie/Seddie stuff has been done consciously & on purpose.

I actually can understand why Sam chose now to make her move, she was actually just using Brad as interference to have an excuse to hang out with Freddie, remember in previous episodes the gang would mostly hang out together and Sam and Freddie would usually be with Carly while on screen, and since Sam was still unsure about her feelings, didn't make any moves. Now that Freddie is hanging out with Brad and Carly doesn't feel a desire to come along she could use Brad to get closer to Freddie.

And of course Dan did the Seddie/Creddie stuff on purpose, what gets an audience more riled up than an episode attacking a large part of it. Then later on winning them back in a huge way by giving them what they want.

Yes, Freddie thought Sam was hanging around him and Brad because she liked Brad but she really wanted to be around him.

Fireofnature

[229]Apr 10, 2011
    I can't believe Carly and Freddie were so oblivious, though. Then again, it makes sense that they were...as much as she denied Brad, who was the only other guy in the room? Freddie...

KJLwriter

[230]Apr 10, 2011
    I don't think no one disliked this episode!

gideonbernstein

[231]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 45

No wonder Sam hasn't been tormenting Freddie much lately. She'll probably focus her abuse on Gibby now.

gideonbernstein

[232]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 45

A future episode will show us Freddie's reaction. Maybe he still has feelings for Carly.

ilivelovemusic

[233]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 5

I watched the live-stream and at the end, RIGHT after Sam kisses Freddie and Carly reacts, my dad shuts off our internet because I didn't do what he asked me to do.[only because i didnt want to miss any of iOMG] -.- Then turns out he broke our internet connection and I only got back on the internet 7 HOURS later..Anyway, I just watched the ending and now im ALL SMILES. I guess the 7 hours of stress and depression was worth it xD

Sorry for my ramblings but I just really wanted to vent that out. Anyway when Sam kissed Freddie I kept screaming and shrieking 'OH MY GOSH' again and again lmao. I

ilivelovemusic

[234]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 5
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I said I would give a download link to somebody right?? Or did you just want the livestream?? Um, just in case-Download for iOMG: http://www.multiupload.com/1KKOGH1WLG
    Credit goes to eddaket

Um sorry for the double post but I just want to make sure for this. Is this ABSOLUTELY SAFE? cause ive had viruses in my laptop before... they weren't very fun. Lol anyway... Do i do the Rapidpro user or just the free account one?

mitsukigirl13

[235]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 18
    I loved the comedy this episode. The Old Spice parody had me laughing so hard (I'm on a cow. God I love Gibby). I also loved the forehead conversation, the Horses talk, and Spencer in that box (It smells like ...! That had me and my parents laughing.)

The Seddie thing on the other hand. I'm a seddie/neutral shipper (I want Seddie to happen, but if it doesn't I won't start ranting about it). However, this episode just didn't seem to work Seddie wise. I mean, all of a sudden Sam wants to hang out with Freddie and Brad. No explanation whatsoever. But I guess you can say she was starting to really like Freddie and thought she could be nicer to him. But then he would catch on, so she decided to only do it when Freddie is with Brad. I guess that seems reasonable. Also, the kiss scene. Don't flame me, but it reminded me of something from Grey's Anatomy. Male/Female character is talking to Male/Female character, gives big dramatic speech, before he/she can finish, Male/Female character surprise kisses him. I didn't like it as much as the iKiss kiss. That one seemed a little more realistic (yes, I'm agreeing with everyone who said the kiss looked fake. But hey, they're 17, give them a break). Plus, it seemed really ooc for Sam to just kiss Freddie like that. The whole Seddie part of the episode just seemed rushed.

I'm looking forward to part two, just to see what happens next, but as for part one, it was okay.

windwaker06

[236]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 7
    Hey all. *nibbles virtual cookie*

I once heard in a Nathan Kress interview that fans disect everything in these shows a lot more than they were intended to be, but Dan did say in the iOMG fact page to pay special attention to that last scene.

Now I have always seen Sam and Freddie as having a love/hate relationship. As in a friendship I mean, like she shows her affection for him through physical abuse. Ha, can't say I don't have friendships like that! I've never seen this as a facade for greater feelings, but rather the only way that she can connect with him. The only time they really are on the same side is when they're teasing Carly, for the most part! I don't want to put all my eggs in one bucket!

Anyway, notice that Carly made Sam think a lot in this episode. She said things such as that Sam deserves a nice boyfriend, that he's smart and nice. A lot of Brad's attributes fit Freddie as well. I do think that Brad suddenly being there gave Sam an excuse to interact with Freddie in a way that she has never been able to without being questioned. Although didn't work very well, but still. She hasn't had much of a chance to do anything without Carly being there.

I think that Carly's reaction is big in this. She seemed kind of freaked out by it, even though she told Sam to just be with a nice guy, make her move. I mean, if they did date, where would that leave Carly? Imagine all that is going through her head.

Last thing, Freddie's non-reaction. He was in shock, though he did not say he didn't like it. But come on, he is a guy, and he just got kissed by a pretty girl. I think he needs some time to think about this whole situation. I am very curious to see his and Carly's reactions to this in the next episode, as well as if Sam is going to keep at it or just stop- and how Freddie would react to either.

Canada_Michael

[237]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 10

@ mitsukigirl13

It was rushed there was very little groundwork before this sudden shift in feelings, iKiss maybe but I think to call that groundwork would be a little much. Since Creddie didn't last past iSYL I expect similar treatment for Seddie, if Seddie even happens. The kiss was definitely a one way show of affection from Sam to Freddie, Freddie reacts with shock & confusion.

In iSYL because of the groundwork done early on, of Freddie having a crush on Carly & their close friendship, it was believable & the affection was mutual.

Edited on 04/10/2011 8:37am

KJLwriter

[238]Apr 10, 2011
    Sam heard Carly's advice about dating a nice guy and making a move and thought of Freddie. So, that's what she did. I thought that was really sweet. I liked the kiss. It was more of a surprise. I have always imagined kisses on stage or t.v. to be like that. That's how great kisses should be. They should be a surprise. So, I loved it.

chicamusica12

[239]Apr 10, 2011

As much as I enjoy Seddie, I don't want this ship to spring out of nothing. The whole point of these is the buildup, and so far there hasn't been much except for iKiss. I dislike when writers just spontaneously decide 2 people should be together without showing us WHY.

Right now, if anything Sam and Freddie should be closer friends. Freddie is shown to care about Sam a lot more than he lets on, but right now it only indicates friendship. (though he won't admit it)

Sam on the other hand has been extremely tsun-tsun to Freddie and has rarely shown her dere-dere side. (A tsundere is a japanese term that describes someone who can be extremely cold and irritated, while still having that sweet side to her. The tsun side is the angry, irritable side, while the dere is her sweeter side. Sam leans heavily on the tsun side of the scale, and if Dan wants to believably portray this, he has to show her dere side a lot more, but not to OOC levels)

This is why it seems so weird that she wants to be nicer all of a sudden. Although I can somewhat see where she's coming from, seeing as I acted the same way with my old crush (though not as violently, I'm pretty sure the only reason Sam is so violent with Freddie is because Dan thinks it's hilarious to grievously injure someone repeatedly) and so I can see where Sam might be coming from.

If Dan is going to make this serious, then he's got to be careful. He seems like those types that when something doesn't come out right and no one likes it like he wanted them to, he pulls a "Why so serious guys?!" gambit like iSAFW. I guess it all depends on the iReact episode, so we have to see from there.

Carly's reaction could be out of jealousy, or sadness that her friends might hook up and leave her out, but no doubt there is shock there.

Edited on 04/10/2011 9:19am

RomanZolanski

[240]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 12
    All I can say is that I didn't expect a kiss AT ALL!