We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iOMG/Episode #310" Episode Discussion

saylavee

[61]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 18
    Teenj, don't bother you're just guna start an argument.

Also I like your creddie take ^^
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sockstar

[62]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 12
    teenj12 wrote:
    Also, @Sockstar:
    Where did I say I was more a 'true fan' than you? Don't put words in my mouth.

You said "I don't think a real iCarly fan would say that."

Which implies that if I stopped watching you'd be more a 'true fan' than me.

sockstar

[64]Mar 27, 2011
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

Anybody have a Creddie take on this?? Carly could be see them kiss and be jealous(in the window scene). IDK just trying to speculate.

Okay..

Development of Creddie.

Pre-show: Freddie has wanted Carly to be his girlfriend since they first met around 6th grade.

iPilot: Freddie obviously shows a deep crush on Carly.

iDream of Dance: Freddie's dream is about Carly.

iLike Jake: Freddie is obviously jealous of Jake. Carly kisses Freddie for the first time (on the nose lol). It's also the first instance of another character (Jake) thinking that Carly and Freddie are together.

iWill Date Freddie: First time Carly seems a little jealous, of Valerie.

iHate Sam's Boyfriend: Freddie believes in love at first sight. Which we all known happened with Carly.

iDon't Want to Fight: Freddie tells the girls he loves Carly.

iMight Switch Schools: Sam uses Freddie's love for Carly to help her stop Carly from moving away.

iWin a Date: It's made clear twice that Freddie is in love with Carly.

Season Two:
    iSaw Him First: Freddie helps Sam because he still loves Carly.

iStage an Intervention: Freddie impresses Carly with his 'bad boy' prank on Sam. After they stand out in the hallway alone, Freddie gathers up courage to ask or say something to Carly then chickens out, probably wanted to ask her out or something. One of the first moments Carly feels something more than just pure friendship, she's impressed by bad boys, and Freddie acts in a small way like a bad boy here.

iGo to Japan: Another case of another character thinking the two are together. Freddie does an eyebrow raise, and 'honeymoon couple' implies that Freddie has sexually attraction to Carly.

iChristmas: Carly recognises that Freddie has always been in love with her.

iKiss: There's an obvious plot-point that no-one picks up on. Why hasn't Freddie kissed a girl? He's been in love with Carly since 6th grade, so it's unlikely he'd have wanted to kiss any girl but Carly in his life.

iRocked the Vote: Freddie obviously likes Carly all dressed up. Carly gets jealous of him checking out the other girls.

iLook Alike: I love you Carly, LOOOVE you. Loveeee you.

iDate a Bad Boy: Freddie is jealous of Griffin. Freddie still tries to impress Carly by being bad.

iTwins: Audience finds out Freddie's liked Carly since 6th grade. Carly might be jealous of Melanie kissing Freddie.

iFight Shelby Marx: Carly gets jealous again, appears worried that Freddie likes Shelby as well.

Season Three:
    iThink They Kissed: Carly is super-jealous the entire episode, there's a cut scene which has Carly say she's not jealous but her body language appears otherwise. Freddie impresses Carly by physically flipping her around and pinning her on the ground.

iSpeed Date: Do we even need to go through this? The end moment seems to go from just two friends dancing, to the head on shoulder, holding each other tight, it's very possible Carly started to see Freddie in a different light, as potentially more than a friend.

iFind Lewbert's Lost Love: Freddie and Carly share their fantasy of happy-lewbert whilst Sam just looks at them like they are crazy.

iMove Out: Carly is the only one who cares when Freddie runs away.

iQuit iCarly: "No you don't! Freddie LOVES me!" Freddie ends up picking Carly, as he stays and helps her.

iSaved Your Life: Freddie saves Carly's life. Sure, it might be hero worship right then and there, but it's not like people have discovered feelings for each other after something major happens to them.

iEnrage Gibby: Carly gets upset again after Freddie declares he wouldn't mind having a girlfriend like Tasha.

iBelieve In Bigfoot: They spend the entire episode real close and flirty with each other.

iBeat the Heat: Carly gets jealous again.

iSell Penny-Tees: Another episode which makes it obvious how well they work together compared to Sam.

iDo: Freddie jumps at the chance to rub Carly's feet, showing us he still likes Carly. Or he has a foot fetish.

iStart a Fanwar: This is like the third or fourth time a character (Adam this time) has made it clear that they think Carly and Freddie are together. Freddie is obviously jealous of Adam when he shows up.

iHire an Idiot: The entire episode is about the two of them having a huge jealous fight about the other hiring a hot intern, whilst Sam does nothing but drool over Cort.

iPity The Nevel: Apart from the cute webshow "VBF", Carly seems jealous of his new admirers.

iOMG: It's likely when Freddie is talking about how Sam's scared to put her feelings out there, because you aren't sure if they might like you back, he can only mean Carly, because she's really the only girl he's ever really liked, and he could still have feelings for her AND be unsure if she still has any feelings for him. Carly is shocked at something that happens in the room where Freddie and Sam are talking.

vanillacupcakes

[65]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 16
    saylavee wrote:
    HOLY LONG POST!!! (that reminds me whatever happened to jakeo...) Umm, I agree with everything, and since i'm obviously a seddier i cant write a creddie take on this due to bias.

Jakeo made a random post at New Years, and made a random post about Jennette at a meet & greet. Then he disappeared out of the iCarly fandom. Unfortunately my response is more like a bunch of words, and not as insightful *le sigh*

Oh, hooray for Seddie biases!! Although I must say teenj did a good job with the Creddie take. Oh, speaking of which, maybe this is off topic, but I feel that he should get rid of that Carly poster in his closet. If they were to get together, I think the "stalker crush" needs to go away completely. Like there wouldn't be anything that gives off a stalker-vibe at all. Let's face it, it is kind of weird. Does the extended version count as canon though??

Dan does tease a lot. -_- What a lovely one second preview Dan! At least Sam said something other than one word. I'm surprised Dan wasn't all "Notice Freddie is wearing the 'Purple Jerk' shirt. Hmmmm....", then watch people go insane.

vanillacupcakes

[66]Mar 28, 2011
    Whoaa....going above and beyond by doing every episode I see. First of all, good job. But a lot of what you had were moments, and not development(which is good too). A lot of it is "Freddie has a crush on Carly", "Freddie loves Carly", "Freddie believes in love at first sight". Freddie confesses his love for Carly all season one since the beginning. It didn't really change his crush on her until mid season 2. This makes sense though, not every episode is going to be a development between the characters. Also regarding the iChristmas one, Carly has known that Freddie has a crush on her since the very beginning. I mean, the boy makes it quite obvious, doesn't he? I think for iChristmas it would be more of jealousy, since in this alternate universe he was dating somebody else, which did upset Carly. They won't break everything down to have one milestone of development within every individual episode. Other than that, the development is (somewhere) in your post.

Also if he only wanted to kiss Carly in his life, why would he kiss Sam?? Due to everybody teasing him? Wait, when does Carly get jealous in iBeat the Heat? Oh one more thing...Freddie has confessed his love for Carly since the beginning, every time she has said no(well except iSYL), and then he would be okay with it and try again. He's not scared of rejection. It sounded like he was talking about Sam only, and not himself. If anything, he would be telling her to put her feelings out there because he has done so for Carly and maybe one day Carly will fall in love with him(hey maybe I don't suck at doing these).

IDK it's like 2:30 I need some sleep. I'm going to get back to this one though, because for some reason I think if you combined parts of yours with parts of teenjs it could be the perfect speculation.

marcdragicevic

[67]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 21
    This should be an interesting episode. I wonder how Freddie + Carly will react to Sam's 'crush' on Brad.
    Does Sam only have a 'crush' on Brad, because of the fudge? She previously liked a guy only because he brought her bacon. Mentioned in 'iSaved Your Life.'

sockstar

[68]Mar 28, 2011
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Whoaa....going above and beyond by doing every episode I see. First of all, good job. But a lot of what you had were moments, and not development(which is good too). A lot of it is "Freddie has a crush on Carly", "Freddie loves Carly", "Freddie believes in love at first sight". Freddie confesses his love for Carly all season one since the beginning. It didn't really change his crush on her until mid season 2. This makes sense though, not every episode is going to be a development between the characters. Also regarding the iChristmas one, Carly has known that Freddie has a crush on her since the very beginning. I mean, the boy makes it quite obvious, doesn't he? I think for iChristmas it would be more of jealousy, since in this alternate universe he was dating somebody else, which did upset Carly. They won't break everything down to have one milestone of development within every individual episode. Other than that, the development is (somewhere) in your post.

Also if he only wanted to kiss Carly in his life, why would he kiss Sam?? Due to everybody teasing him? Wait, when does Carly get jealous in iBeat the Heat? Oh one more thing...Freddie has confessed his love for Carly since the beginning, every time she has said no(well except iSYL), and then he would be okay with it and try again. He's not scared of rejection. It sounded like he was talking about Sam only, and not himself. If anything, he would be telling her to put her feelings out there because he has done so for Carly and maybe one day Carly will fall in love with him(hey maybe I don't suck at doing these).

IDK it's like 2:30 I need some sleep. I'm going to get back to this one though, because for some reason I think if you combined parts of yours with parts of teenjs it could be the perfect speculation.

I'm just pointing out that right now, there's nothing that has changed the existing Freddie likes (loves?) Carly, Carly possibly likes (is jealous of other girls?) Freddie, Sam has a crush on Spencer canon.

4 or 5 episodes ago Sam told everyone she has a crush on Spencer.

Three episodes ago Sam told everyone that Carly and Freddie were deeply in love, and didn't even look remotely jealous or 'hiding feelings' as she did so.

Two episodes ago Sam stood in the background drooling over Cort whilst Carly and Freddie have a fight over the interns.

RomanZolanski

[69]Mar 28, 2011

sockstar wrote:
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

Anybody have a Creddie take on this?? Carly could be see them kiss and be jealous(in the window scene). IDK just trying to speculate.

iKiss: There's an obvious plot-point that no-one picks up on. Why hasn't Freddie kissed a girl? He's been in love with Carly since 6th grade, so it's unlikely he'd have wanted to kiss any girl but Carly in his life.

Actually, he's kissed Valerie. Although she kissed him, so I bet he still had to intention of kissing Carly first, which is ruined since he kissed Sam and Melanie after Valerie. xD

Edited on 03/28/2011 5:33am

Fireofnature

[70]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 13
    It was mentioned in iKiss that he kissed Valerie. Anyway, I agree with PSCF (I know I got that wrong somehow), I think this is just nick messing with us. Usually the trailers do that. I don't hold any high hopes with iCarly and ships, anyway. Never bothered with that sort of thing.

RomanZolanski

[71]Mar 28, 2011
    Fireofnature wrote:
    It was mentioned in iKiss that he kissed Valerie. Anyway, I agree with PSCF (I know I got that wrong somehow), I think this is just nick messing with us. Usually the trailers do that. I don't hold any high hopes with iCarly and ships, anyway. Never bothered with that sort of thing.

Same here. Whenever I ship in a show, it's always against what the show ends up doing, making me sort of dislike the idea. This happens with me a lot with Disney Channel shows when the main guy and girl fall in love in season 1, start dating and break up by season 2, then get back together in season 3. It's really annoying, so I just stop shipping. But Nick is different because they have all these possibilities. For example, fans of Victorious barely even ship Tori & Beck anymore, and I like how the two don't have feelings for each other.

Fireofnature

[72]Mar 28, 2011
    Definitely, and as for Victorious, there's no reason Beck should feel anything for Tori. He seems like a good guy, is a main character, so he shouldn't and wouldn't hurt Jade like that. Mostly it's the younger generation that doesn't get that, though about shippings.

ruffmanfan88

[73]Mar 28, 2011
    This should be a good episode

JonathonWolf

[74]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 10
    Like has been said, the trailer is likely a bait and switch. For instance, we see Freddie reacting with surprise, Sam sitting on a stool with a vulnerable expression, and then Freddie giving Sam advice. Those could be out of sequence, near the beginning, or something else entirely. I was thinking that part might be Freddie being surprised that Sam was asking for his advice or Sam admitting a crush on him. The dating advice would be because he thinks she's talking about Brad.

So many alternate interpretations. Carly being surprised outside the window could be because she watches Sam turns down Brad. It could even be that Sam tells Brad that she's in love with Freddie. Or Freddie admitting that he's partially given up on ever getting Carly.

I can kind of see how Sam may have developed into falling for Freddie. If Carly heard her say something about a guy she's crushing on, it could likely apply to both Freddie and Brad since they are similar characters. Sam's mom hasn't exactly had the most stable relationships, so Sam may not know how to deal with being in love versus infatuation. In iHate Sam's Boyfriend, she needed someone to ask him out for her. Pretty much all other instances could be attributed to joking flirtation. Then you have Freddie, who is her only male friend. She's shown she cares a great deal about Carly, and she may realize she cares similarly about Freddie. All the abuse may be her way of distancing herself from him because he would choose Carly over her. Or punishment for not choosing her over Carly, ever. Over time, she's developed the same kind of respect that made her and Carly friends. Even moreso, since Freddie is able to give about as much as he gets; this has only increased into a friendly rivalry over the years. Sam can't be the same way with Carly since Carly is more the type to pout and talk about feelings.

I'm excited for the new episode. I enjoy looking for the nuances of storytelling and performance.

vanillacupcakes

[75]Mar 28, 2011
    @sockstar: Fair enough. When I think of development, I think of change and growth. I don't think Carly has been jealous. He asked for her okay when Valerie asked him out and she responded jokingly "I'll try to be strong". Before she knew that Valerie was a b*tch, she was all for it. After Carly said "I thought you wanted ME to be your future wife" in iFSM, Freddie asked "Could it happen?". She responded with "Could not happen". She also seemed pretty supportive of Sabrina, by saying "A girl, who Freddie's in loooveee with", and inviting her over. Also, it seemed like she was sort of happy over his vampire admirers. The Freddie part sounds right though.

Off topic: I wish Spam would happen....but unfortunately it probably wouldn't. Sam admitting she had a crush on Spencer is good enough for me.

@Fireofnature: WHOA, you're back! You probably don't remember me because I was a lurker when you were around. Heyyy. I love how the old people are coming back now. Dan said in his blog that for once they aren't teasing us with the promo, so I really do think it will be that big. Also, if it's called iOMG, I expect something that will make us OMG. @JonathanWolf: AHHH, you're back too!! Hiii!! I completely agree with everything your 3rd paragraph. I agree with everything you said, but that 3rd paragraph in particular....YES. If it didn't take too much room I'd quote it and put a giant "THIS" next to it.

Fireofnature

[76]Mar 28, 2011
    hah, thanks. Yeah I vaguely recall you...but I do remember you

If Dan said they're not teasing us and he's not lying, then I'm a little more apt to believe it could be something big. He might be saying they're not teasing us on the fact that Sam likes somebody, perhaps not how we're all interpreting it as. Who knows, maybe I've just given up the ghost as far as relationships go.

Fireofnature

[77]Mar 28, 2011
    hah, thanks. Yeah I vaguely recall you...but I do remember you

If Dan said they're not teasing us and he's not lying, then I'm a little more apt to believe it could be something big. He might be saying they're not teasing us on the fact that Sam likes somebody, perhaps not how we're all interpreting it as. Who knows, maybe I've just given up the ghost as far as relationships go.

saylavee

[78]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 18
    Dan also said he's guna make funfacts for this episode.

That shall be interesting

Fireofnature

[79]Mar 29, 2011
    Pity those fun facts will probably be later on, I don't know. I probably should start getting on this twitter...

teenj12

[80]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 26
    Fireofnature wrote:
    Pity those fun facts will probably be later on, I don't know. I probably should start getting on this twitter...
    I visit occasionally, but I'm not an avid reader. I have a Twitter. i should follow him .