We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iOMG/Episode #310" Episode Discussion

vanillacupcakes

[41]Mar 26, 2011
    • level: 16
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    Wait, this is gonna sound stupid but....who was Brad in iHire an Idiot??? Was he the one they almost hired? The one that was all techy and brought fudge??

Yup, that's exactly who he is. It's not a stupid question, he only had about 2 lines, but for some reason I like him. I loved iSpace Out, but that's another subject.

If Creddie were to happen, I don't think Sam should develop a crush on Freddie at all. For her to be scared like that, Freddie saying that "Anything can happen, go confess your feelings", Sam kissing him, have Freddie to say "Uhh...obviously I still love Carly", then a few episodes later live happily ever after with Carly...I think it would just be cruel to Sam. It would just make her feel insecure all over again and never wanting to put her feelings out there ever, ever, again. If Creddie happens, a Seddie kiss would NOT be the way to approach it. If anything, it would be development between Sam and Brad, then something Creddie. Doubt it would happen, but that's the way I'd like it to be.

I don't see Creddie as being predictable nor obvious. If anything, Seddie would make a little more sense than Creddie. That's just me personally. Heavy shipping goggles may or may not be on. Oh yeah Dan is going to post funfacts for this. Apparently he said the promos aren't teasing, but ironically it seems like he's teasing us while he's at it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pscf3

[42]Mar 26, 2011
    It is his job to do that.

teenj12

[43]Mar 26, 2011
    • level: 26
    I just saw the promo and OMG! If Seddie do kiss what will Carly think? remember in the promo she was watching them Watching them do what is the biggest question, but I wonder if they will kiss! Um, to the person who started this topic, can you change the name of the thread to iOMG please?

vanillacupcakes

[44]Mar 26, 2011

^I don't even know how. I was going to originally call it #310/iOMG, but I didn't want people to think I was crazy and making it up...because besides what Jennette said it wasn't confirmed from Dan or Nickelodeon yet. Ummm, so how do you change the title?? God, I'm stupid. All I had to do was change the title to make it different than the other one.

Song from the promoThe song is called "Call Me". I like it. For some reason I like all the songs from season 4. (:

Edited on 03/26/2011 8:36pm
    Edited 2 total times.

kurain

[45]Mar 26, 2011
    • level: 4

I just thought of something. Two possibilities, rather. please don't hit me, Seddie fans

1) Sam and Freddie could roleplay the situation, and Sam could spill her feelings without Freddie ever realizing they're about him.

2) Carly could find out about Sam's feelings while Freddie never does (at least, during this particular episode).

Of course, some of this speculation depends on what Carly really witnesses through that window.

--------

Now here's an interesting observation.

Sam's wearing stripes in this episode.

Edited on 03/26/2011 9:06pm
    Edited 2 total times.

RomanZolanski

[48]Mar 26, 2011
    • level: 12
    kurain wrote:

I just thought of something. Two possibilities, rather. please don't hit me, Seddie fans

1) Sam and Freddie could roleplay the situation, and Sam could spill her feelings without Freddie ever realizing they're about him.

2) Carly could find out about Sam's feelings while Freddie never does (at least, during this particular episode).

Of course, some of this speculation depends on what Carly really witnesses through that window.

--------

Now here's an interesting observation.

Sam's wearing stripes in this episode.

I noticed that she's wearing the same clothes from iHAI, which also featured Brad. So I'm starting to maybe think that maybe, just maybe, Sam and Brad WILL end up together. IDK, but I have a small feeling the OMG moment will have something to do with the lockdown or something. Which brings me to another thing, if it's a lockdown, shouldn't the kids stay in ONE ROOM? Anyways... Sam hates stripes, so I'm confused as to why she's wearing it.

vanillacupcakes

[49]Mar 26, 2011
    @Roman: I thought it was a lock-in, meaning that they are purposely staying locked in the whole school and staying overnight for fun. Sam doesn't neccessarily follow rules so...being outside?? Sure, why not.

Sam hates stripes on GUYS. She doesn't mind if she wears them herself. It's a fact Dan has actually said straight-forward online. Sam and Freddie are always wearing stripes. Yupp, I noticed that she wore it in iHAI too. I love when characters rewear their clothes. It makes it seem more realistic to me. I still think the OMG moment will somewhat relate to Seddie, but that doesn't mean that Creddie isn't still a possibility. It's like iSYL, if you are the opposing ship you think it won't happen. So if it DOES, it's much more satisfactory. The shipping pair isn't a straightforward "It's so easy to see from the beginning" pathway, which I like. I think the major endgame would be the last episode.

@kurain: Why would Seddie shippers hit you?? They sound like Seddie speculations to me, am I missing something here?? Yupp, also Sam is wearing red, while Freddie is wearing blue. Red + Blue = Purple. And that, my friends, is why some Seddie shippers are insane. The second the promo went up somebody had to mention the colors. I haven't really followed the whole "Stripes being the Seddie Pattern" thing. I think all of this is coincidence or Sam and Freddie's personal style.

sockstar

[50]Mar 26, 2011
    saylavee & frontman19: The reason I'd stop watching is because I think the comedy side of the show has gone far downhill this season. Only a couple of episodes this season have been funny to me, and iSAFW is right up there with iMeet Fred as one of the worst.

That's why I'd stop watching.

Not just because of Seddie, but because Seddie, combined with the poor quality of the show (with all the time and energy seemingly spent on Victorious, which has been a far funnier show recently than iCarly) makes me not want to keep watching.

teenj12

[51]Mar 27, 2011

sockstar wrote:
    saylavee & frontman19: The reason I'd stop watching is because I think the comedy side of the show has gone far downhill this season. Only a couple of episodes this season have been funny to me, and iSAFW is right up there with iMeet Fred as one of the worst. That's why I'd stop watching. Not just because of Seddie, but because Seddie, combined with the poor quality of the show (with all the time and energy seemingly spent on Victorious, which has been a far funnier show recently than iCarly) makes me not want to keep watching.

I don't think a real iCarly fan would say that. No one's forcing you to watch. The door is right there. You can leave anytime.

sockstar

[52]Mar 27, 2011
    Here we go again with the phrase "real iCarly fan".

I've been watching this show for years. I've spent a lot of time watching it, discussing it, being a moderator on a iCarly forum.

You don't think I'm a "real fan"?

I don't care what you think.

I don't need to be talked down just because I don't like what the show has become lately and I might stop watching it if a certain event happens and combines with other changes that ruin the show in my eyes.

Of course I can leave at any time. Everyone can. What's your point?

Maybe it makes me the 'real fan' because I'm not willing to watch the show go down the toilet with a random Seddie hookup, Sam and Freddie's characters being ruined to make Seddie happen, and increasingly stale comedy?

If you like the show, or like Seddie, and don't mind (potentially, nothing will be known for sure until Dan's funfacts and the episode airs) Freddie's character flipping from "in love with Carly since he first saw her" to "suddenly in love with girl who has been a terrible friend towards him on several occasions" then go ahead. I'm not stopping you.

If Creddie happens I'm not going to say people who don't watch the show any longer aren't real fans. Everyone who takes the time to come or post here is a 'real fan' no matter if they make 1 post, or if they lurk, or if they make hundreds of posts then stop because they dislike the direction of the show.

So please, don't act like you might be superior just because you can continue to watch the show, whilst others might stop because of certain events.

It doesn't make you a 'true fan' any more than the person who stops watching the show is.

KatiePhil

[53]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 3

I think no matter what, if you quit watching the show, you will come back bc there will be some curiosity in ya and it doesn't matter if someone wants to quit watching the show lol its their choice. we should respect it. but yea....i DEFINITELY agree about the quality of comedy lately. sure i laugh in every episode, but i used to DIE when watching the 1st half of season 3, season 2 and season 1. let's all be honest....we haven't had a good laugh in awhile from this show.

saylavee

[54]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 18

vanillacupcakes wrote:

^I don't even know how. I was going to originally call it #310/iOMG, but I didn't want people to think I was crazy and making it up...because besides what Jennette said it wasn't confirmed from Dan or Nickelodeon yet. Ummm, so how do you change the title?? God, I'm stupid. All I had to do was change the title to make it different than the other one.

Song from the promoThe song is called "Call Me". I like it. For some reason I like all the songs from season 4. (:

Omg that song is so pretty

frontman19

[55]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 14

I was surprised that I kind of enjoyed that song, it's pretty much totally the opposite of what I usually listen to, but it was really sweet.

Teenj I do see where sockstar is coming from, I was a bit disappointed in this season as well, actually if iPTN hadn't been as good as it was I would have lost interest in this show entirely, since a majority of the episodes were really week in the comedy department (iSell Penny Tees, iDo and iStart A Fan War were some of the weakest episodes I've seen since iSpace Out and iMeet Fred). I still think sockstar did go a little far in saying Sam and Freddie's characters got ruined, because they definitely didn't, they got much better. I would hardly believe that fans would still actually want Freddie to be that awkward, irritating kid who was obsessed with Carly as he was in Season 1, if he hadn't grown and changed I would have never watched this show at all (because I hated season 1) And while Sam is taking developing much slower than Freddie, she isn't the same obnoxious, aggressive and selfish character she was in season 1, she still has those traits but there have been many moments in this series that have shown a bit of growth, just because characters are different than they were in season 1 doesn't mean they are ruined. (And once again, I can guarantee you sockstar 99.999999% that Sam and Freddie are NOT going to kiss in this episode, and he isn't going to be in love with Sam either, that talk was clearly just advice from a close friend, I can't think of any possible way it could make any bit of sense so don't get hung up on that part)

Edited on 03/27/2011 11:03am
    Edited 4 total times.

vanillacupcakes

[56]Mar 27, 2011

Oh, it didn't post my comment. Weird.

I was saying that people can watch the show however they want to. We're all iCarly fans, and we all like the show for some reason. Maybe it isn't Dan's intention for people to watch it a certain way, but so what?? Sockstar is another viewer who's watched every episode. Like he said, he's even a moderator of one of the biggest Creddie forums out there. He's just as much of a "true" fan as anybody else, so are all of you guys, and so are the pervs watching it to jack off to Jennette and Miranda(IMDB people I'm looking at you guys). It's a tv show, it is meant for your personal entertainment. If TheSchwab is entertained by thinking every episode is Seddie, then fine. It makes him happy, that is the purpose of tv shows. You can't watch it "wrong", it should up to your interpretation. Even if it contradicts something, doesn't make sense, or isn't what Dan wanted, it all comes down to how YOU want to watch it. He wants to stop watching iCarly because he won't like it anymore. What's your problem with that? Maybe I don't always agree with him, but we're both fans.

To me, even though it's about the comedy, the shipping is still important. It impacts character development and the way they interact with each other. It gives a certain depth to the show the comedy doesn't bring. I love the comedy, but I feel both are important. I never will stop watching the show, because the comedy will still be there, I just think it would be better with some sort of relationship happening. I would prefer almost any pairing over none. Maybe I make fun of "crazy shippers" a little too much, but I wouldn't say they weren't a fan, and I wouldn't ever try to stop them.

---------------

Here's how I see Seddie so it doesn't seem "out of the blue". I emphasize that's it's just my interpretation and if you don't agree, then I don't care. Feel free to post why you disagree.

End of Season 1/Beginning of Season 2: Sam and Freddie start tolerating each other other than hating each other. They start the betting, annoying each other, pushing each other to see who goes overboard, and so on, but they don't exactly HATE each other enough to ignore each other. May the games begin.

iOwe You: He's been around Sam enough to kind of know and understand her. He gets that she has a "pride" issue. Maybe that's small, but it's sort of a step up.

iKiss, end scene: She showed some vulnerability to Freddie. When Carly tells her she crossed the line, she goes above and beyond to fix it. She didn't have to confess to Freddie she didn't kiss anybody, but they're truthful and seal their friendship with a kiss(or it's desperation but whatever).

Post iKiss: They spend time together without Carly and they are civil with each other. It means that they aren't just spending time with each other because of the webshow or because of Carly.

iMake Sam Girlier: Freddie openly admits to being "really close friends".

iReunite with Missy: Freddie proves he cares about Sam. I know he would have done the same for Carly, but that's not the point. The point is that at this point he's almost as close with Sam as he is with Carly.

iSpeed Date: To me, I think it shows Sam's true emotions towards Freddie. I repeat, my interpretation. I realize why people would think otherwise, and we've had this argument before.

iSaved Your Life: Sam truly cares about Freddie's feelings. He actually listens to her and follows her advice.

Somewhere along the way, Freddie sticks up to Sam and gets more confident. That is probably maturation on his part, but it has impacted their relationship. He's not going to let Sam push him around all the time.

Sam will NEVER make the first move. When it comes to relationships she's scared thinking they "probably won't like her back". The way she approaches it is always different, it could be changing herself or physically hurting people, but either way it's because she's scared. Freddie is the opposite, he doesn't care about rejection so if he likes a girl, he'll tell her. I think it would make sense to Freddie to understand that about her and tell her. I don't find it that OOC and I can imagine a kiss happening.

Right now, Freddie probably doesn't have feelings for Sam, at least not consciously. He's supposed to love Carly, heck it's in his 10 year plan. So it would have to take something really big(cough this episode cough cough) to get remotely close to the point where he could have some sort of realization. I doubt they'd get together after this episode. It's way too quick for that, they had a lot of conflicts to overcome and a lot development to get to this point. If they did, yes, I would be surprised. I do think there will be some development and it won't be that sudden. I also think Sam has had feelings for Freddie since iKiss, and it's been one sided. She's so used to teasing him she continues to do so. Sam is a complicated character and the way she deals with guys is really subtle. She's a good liar, so it's hard to tell when she's telling the truth and when she isn't.

-------------

Anybody have a Creddie take on this?? Carly could be see them kiss and be jealous(in the window scene). IDK just trying to speculate.

Edited on 03/27/2011 1:00pm

saylavee

[57]Mar 27, 2011
    HOLY LONG POST!!! (that reminds me whatever happened to jakeo...)

Umm, I agree with everything, and since i'm obviously a seddier i cant write a creddie take on this due to bias.

saylavee

[58]Mar 27, 2011
    Double post sorry

Dan teases us so much: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJIvIY2EGcU&feature=feedu

teenj12

[59]Mar 27, 2011
    ^I'll do it, I'm both:

The Development of Creddie:

Season 1 -
    Freddie is extremely obsessed with Carly being his girlfriend. Carly shows no signs of mutual affection.

Season 2 - Freddie has calmed down on his crush for Carly, giving Carly a chance to grow a real friendship with him, that's not based on his crush on her.

iThink They Kissed -
    Carly is shown to be insecure about Freddie kissing Sam, possibly jealousy. iSpeed Date -
    Carly dances with Freddie, possibly seeing him in a new light.

iSaved Your Life -
    Freddie saves Carly from being ran over, making Carly fall for him...or for what he did. Still, it shows Carly's not totally against being with Freddie like she was in S1.

Post iSaved Your Life - Present -
    Freddie shows little signs of still being in love with Carly. Whether he's gotten over his feelings for Carly is still up in the air, but he is not as obsessive. Although, Carly begins noticing Freddie in a new light, (the whole "Why is your chest so big?" in iSam's Mom).

That's my Creddie take.

teenj12

[60]Mar 27, 2011
    Also, @Sockstar:
    Where did I say I was more a 'true fan' than you? Don't put words in my mouth.