We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iOMG/Episode #310" Episode Discussion

vanillacupcakes

[81]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 16

Dan also said he thinks all fans will be happy about this episode. Okay, fine, he says this about every episode. Still, I think it's going to have enough of both Creddie and Seddie in it to keep people pleased. I think it will have the perfect amout of love triangle-ness. I'm pretty sure that funfacts will be after it airs, but it's fine with me, because that way he can write them without worrying about being TOO spoilery. I can't resist spoilers, so they often ruin the episode for me when I watch it.

Edited on 03/29/2011 6:47pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[82]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 21
    Dan has said that some fans think that this episode will get more viewers than iSaved Your Life. http://twitter.com/DanWarp/status/52098921635389441

He will ABSOLUTELY do FUN FACS about iOMG.
    http://twitter.com/DanWarp/status/51707472964108288

Also shooting new iCarly episodes in about 7 weeks. http://twitter.com/DanWarp/status/51708134464569344

pscf3

[83]Mar 29, 2011
    So, about a month before we run out^^

Anyway, I wa thinking it may be more creddie/seddie throughout the episode, then have a ending that favors the opposite ship.

RomanZolanski

[84]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 12
    QUESTION: What's a lock-IN? A lockdown is when no one could get in or out of the school because of danger, so what's a lock-in?

vanillacupcakes

[85]Mar 29, 2011
    A lock-in is because you CHOOSE to stay in school overnight. Apparently they're doing a project, but usually it's like a "bonding experience" and you do games and stuff. Like a sleepover at school...kind of. Usually you can't leave unless you get checked out.

I don't really think it can surpass iSYL just because of the air date. iSYL was at a really good date. Wasn't it on Martin Luther King day?? It was a holiday that people don't really do anything to celebrate, yet they're off school and work. I know a lot of people who are dying to watch this episode but can't because of some reason or another.

I was thinking it would be Brad/Sam in the beginning, but the end will have Creddie and Seddie.

I posted in the Seddie thread the other synopsis, but didn't post it here. Whoops. Tv Guide says: "Episode Synopsis: Carly and Freddie think that Sam has a new crush and assume the lucky guy is their intern, Brad. Freddie then uses his Mood Reader app, which confirms that Sam is in love but doesn't specify with whom".

First magic meatballs and now this. Gotta love iCarly's strange technology.

teenj12

[86]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 26
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    A lock-in is because you CHOOSE to stay in school overnight. Apparently they're doing a project, but usually it's like a "bonding experience" and you do games and stuff. Like a sleepover at school...kind of. Usually you can't leave unless you get checked out.

I don't really think it can surpass iSYL just because of the air date. iSYL was at a really good date. Wasn't it on Martin Luther King day?? It was a holiday that people don't really do anything to celebrate, yet they're off school and work. I know a lot of people who are dying to watch this episode but can't because of some reason or another.

I was thinking it would be Brad/Sam in the beginning, but the end will have Creddie and Seddie.

I posted in the Seddie thread the other synopsis, but didn't post it here. Whoops. Tv Guide says: "Episode Synopsis: Carly and Freddie think that Sam has a new crush and assume the lucky guy is their intern, Brad. Freddie then uses his Mood Reader app, which confirms that Sam is in love but doesn't specify with whom".

It surprises me they have the money for all this technology.

You guys, I'm just now thinking about it, wouldn't their webshow be running up Carly and Spencer's light bill and stuff? Lol..

KatiePhil

[87]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 3
    well see, youtube stars get paid for making videos ya know. so maybe icarly gets paid to keep going. we dont know if they have made deals by showing off products unknowingly to the audience. its kinda like that shoe episode where they get paid to talk about the new shoe and how everyone should get one. i hope that makes sense.

anyways, i love how Dan made a whole episode about how shipping wars arent good and that we show just watch the show for its comedy and crap, yet he goes and makes an episode like this which stirs up controversy AGAIN! its annoying, but i guess he figures a lot of ppl have been watching lately just bc of the ships. he may notice that the shipping episodes get more viewers and i honestly hope that some of u are right about neither of them ending up together at the end.

frontman19

[88]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 14

I personally still think no pairing will come out of this episode, and I do find it annoying that Dan did this whole anti-shipping episode, but then has an episode later on in the season solely focused on the concept of love, it really is aggravating. However he did his job, with this episode and the last episode iPTN, I am more interested in iCarly than I've been since iSYL period season 3. So he did his job as a producer, creator and advertiser/hype-man.

RemDiamond

[89]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 5
    This episode was filmed right after ISAFW so he made a shipping episode following Carly's speech about shipping. Maybe he was trying to prepare people for this episode.

saylavee

[90]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 18
    So its basically saying:

HEY YOU GUY BETTER STOP SHIPPING AND FOCUS ON THE COMEDY!!!

HAHAHA NEVERMIND!!

Like he's trying to get us off track and then surprise us to make is unexpected. But the trailers and showing it out of order kinda ruin it. I guess that why we did get a name with the production code right away

JonathonWolf

[91]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 10
    teenj12 wrote:
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

It surprises me they have the money for all this technology.

You guys, I'm just now thinking about it, wouldn't their webshow be running up Carly and Spencer's light bill and stuff? Lol..

For some reason, I was under the impression that they have ads on their website. With the number of viewers they receive, they might be able to get some decent revenue from that.

vanillacupcakes

[92]Mar 30, 2011
    Apparently fun facts are out on Monday. :O Also there might be a hint about the episode during the new Victorious episode.
    RemDiamond wrote:
    This episode was filmed right after ISAFW so he made a shipping episode following Carly's speech about shipping. Maybe he was trying to prepare people for this episode.

Agreed. Either that or it was the opposite; they wanted to surprise everybody. Everyone who thought there wouldn't be anything shippy is more excited than they usually are. Well, Dan DID say that people disappointed with iSAFW will be very pleased by a new episode coming out in a few months, it's just that nobody believed him. I really did think Dan was teasing us.

I STILL go by the fact a ship will happen. I've never heard of a Nickelodeon show where there wasn't some sort of couple, unless it was a sketch show. I honestly don't care what ship, it could be completely obscure, I just want one.

Fireofnature

[93]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 13
    I still think a ship all their own would be best, meaning Carly with someone, Sam with someone, Freddie with someone. Not with each other, just someone else. I don't know, I kind of gave up on the whole Seddie/Creddie thing.

sararose244

[94]Mar 31, 2011
    • level: 2

Fireofnature wrote:
    I still think a ship all their own would be best, meaning Carly with someone, Sam with someone, Freddie with someone. Not with each other, just someone else. I don't know, I kind of gave up on the whole Seddie/Creddie thing.

I really agree with what you said. After all this time a ship would be nice and even though I do prefer one over another on the whole seddie creddie debate, at this point I'll happy with something lol. I just hope the episode itself is enjoyable and satisfying overall even if it makes a lot of super crazy shippers even more crazy online lol

Fireofnature

[95]Mar 31, 2011
    • level: 13
    Hah, definitely. I actually almost hoped Freddie and Ashley had something going on XD. And as far as Sam goes, for her to end up with ANYONE would be great. So if she were to get together with Brad or Freddie, I'd be happy.

However, part of me thinks it will be Freddie. Here's why: "Sam's in Love", right? Well, Brad's appeared in one episode thus far, so this would make his second episode. If this were a crush thing, it'd be understandable, like Jake/Griffin/Jonah/Pete/Shane/Zeke/You're getting my point here....It'd be a single episode, whereas this one looks like it's going to be a really big thing, maybe an hour. So, it would be more understandable for it to be someone who has, well, been around. Gibby, Freddie, any of those guys would make more sense because they've been around. Chances are likely that it may be Freddie over anyone.

But if it's not, I wouldn't be surprised. As long as she ends up with someone and ends up happy, I will be fine. My ex is really what killed Seddie for me, believe me, BIG TIME. The whole thing with how she was, how her mother was, how they were like around each other...dear god, almost killed iCarly for me completely. But that's a story for another day and time.

SimbiAni

[96]Apr 1, 2011
    • level: 1

Found this site/thread via random surfing, new to these forums- so hiya XD

Since there's already been "Creddie" versions of how iOMG could turn out (I prefer calling them "Cardie", hehe), I figured why not post my own even-if-only-"fanon"-ish speculation.. so here's mine for CAM! XD (Personally, that would be the only really "life-changing" and *true* OMG-type of twist that could happen; everything else is cliche, haha- but you kno.. that's just me XD lol) And yes, we KNOW it will never happen in canon (most likely never ever in any fandom of this type of genre). This is just for fun!

(just the iOMG ep; I've done the same for others but never really written anything out, let me kno if you'd like to hear my "CAM" spins on any of them!)

- Carly has noticed how Sam has been acting somewhat.. differently, lately. Some random things happen, & Carly then guesses that Sam has a crush someone, but she isn't exactly sure who, tho she has an idea.. & getting Sam to 'fess up is not exactly easy.

- Carly: "I know you love Brad! Admit you love him!" Sam: "No!"

- Sam actually has been increasingly confused about what to do about- yes, a crush. She kind of wants to tell the person but she is worried about how they might react.. because this isn't your usual "oh-no-I've-fallen-for-my-best-friend"-type situation. No, this is even more- way more- complicated.. & being ~flustered is so not Sam's style.

- Carly: "Don't you want a nice boyfriend?! Go for it! Make a move!"

- Sam thinks to herself, I already kno who'd make a nice ~girlfriend.. but still doesn't say anything. When Carly & her go to different classes, she realizes there's only one person she can really ask for advice- Freddie. If anyone knows about unrequited crushes.. Of course, him being speechless when she tells him is an *understatement*.

- Carly, ever the fixer-upper who of course, just wants to see her best friend happy (plus how awesome would it be if they both got boyfriends & could double-date? yes! finally, something she can get Sam to share "girly excitement" over.. haha) decides to set up Sam with her suspected crush in a room ~alone so they can get a chance to talk together.

- Carly: *turning the lights off* "I'm not coming back.."

- Sam doesn't stick around- as soon as Carly's gone, she heads for the opposite door, leaving behind the unfortunately clueless Brad. Except she runs into Freddie in the hallway, & wouldn't you kno, he's finally able to talk again. But it seems he's come to terms with it- more than that, he's actually being, *helpful* to her. Huh.

- Freddie: "I know, it's scary for you to put your feelings out there.. cuz you never know if the person you like is gonna like you back- but you never know what might happen.."

- Freddie was indeed shocked, and had also realized, maybe this is why she'd always tried to keep him & Carly from getting ~too close. Yet somehow, he actually sympathized with her, cuz it definitely couldn't be easy not only having a crush on your *best* friend, but also never being able to even say a single word about it, feeling that unsure. He didn't really know how Carly'd react, but he figured he should at least give Sam some comforting advice.. then she HUGGED him. Yeah, this day was just full of surprises!

- Carly ~had come back just because her curiousity was insisting she find out what happened as soon as possible- plenty of time had passed by now for them to get all their mushy feelings out, right? But all she found was an empty room. Disappointed, she glanced around- & noticed someone in the opposite hall. Wait, was that-? She moved closer to the window to get a better look, and was suddenly startled by what she was seeing. SAM- FREDDIE- *hugging*?! WHY?! But- what?! OMG!

..possibly overdid the cheese with that ending, but it's still cuute ;P I tried making it in a way that worked in all the bits from the extended promo.. think it works?

Background: I fell for Cam because their *potential* is so obvious, it *feels* like it could definitely happen, even if kno it most likely never will in "canon". (My "fanon" pov: Sam has totally been in love with Carly this entire time & that's why she's always kept her & Freddie apart, whether by pushing him away or even approaching him first aka iKiss- she knew Carly felt bad for him & might've gone to him if she hadn't; also including making Freddie doubt Carly's feelings, which made Carly doubt herself, when she could have actually been serious but self-doubt is difficult to get past, leading them to break up for what they thought was for the best)

As for the ratings, THiS is really an ep that should be on right after the KCAs, cuz the combined viewership carry-over would make it even bigger.. XD A few other stations have done this with shows after certain events (mostly sporting ones tho- such as the SuperBowl) & it can be very effective, depending on the target audience of both (in this case, using the KCAs would possibly pull in even non-iCarly / non-regular Nick viewers who would just stick around & check it out, etc). Eh well, with the hype it's building in the fandom already, it might yet surprise us..

TL;DR ~ CAM + CARDiE = CARDiAM FTW!! XD ~ xoxoxo SimbiAni

vanillacupcakes

[97]Apr 1, 2011
    ^ YES! I love this!! Fanon is the greatest, isn't it? I'm more of a Spam shipper than Cam, but Cam is pretty good too. I like the "double date" theory, hehe. By the way, welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP2oHLsav5k&feature=feedu

Speaking of which, there's a new promo out, where Carly says "You act like you're such a tough girl, but you're really just scared". Oh Carly, I love you. I can't describe how much I adore you. Just stick that line in the "Go for it!" part of your Cam spin on it, and ther you go. We all know that Carly understands there's more to Sam than a tough girl, but this time she actually says it in words and confronts her about it. It would make a little more sense to air this right after the KCAs, but Dan just HAS to promote Victorious and shove it everywhere it shouldn't, including iCarly(and just putting in the fact that Freddie has a crush on Tori, despite never meeting her, just making the plot hole bigger). KCAs = the perfect opportunity to get more people to watch Victorious

JonathonWolf

[98]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 10

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    ^ YES! I love this!! Fanon is the greatest, isn't it? I'm more of a Spam shipper than Cam, but Cam is pretty good too. I like the "double date" theory, hehe. By the way, welcome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP2oHLsav5k&feature=feedu Speaking of which, there's a new promo out, where Carly says "You act like you're such a tough girl, but you're really just scared". Oh Carly, I love you. I can't describe how much I adore you. Just stick that line in the "Go for it!" part of your Cam spin on it, and ther you go. We all know that Carly understands there's more to Sam than a tough girl, but this time she actually says it in words and confronts her about it. It would make a little more sense to air this right after the KCAs, but Dan just HAS to promote Victorious and shove it everywhere it shouldn't, including iCarly(and just putting in the fact that Freddie has a crush on Tori, despite never meeting her, just making the plot hole bigger). KCAs = the perfect opportunity to get more people to watch Victorious

I apparently need to watch more television. Or less. These promos just make me want to see the episode more. Thank goodness I work so much, so the time will pretty much fly by. And, if Dan puts up those episode notes on Monday, I'll be able to get my fix. I enjoy spoilers so that I can focus on the details of the episodes. It's like watching the episode twice the first time.

It's becoming fairly obvious the choice is down to Freddie and Brad. I'd imagine that Nick and Dan wouldn't glorify open relationships. Even though it's weird how Gibby isn't exclusive with Tasha, but he freaked out when he thought Freddie made a move on her. If there was at least one more episode featuring Brad, it would be easier to believe he might be the one. Otherwise, there would have to be some seriously good setup at the beginning to lend credence to it.

But, the most logical choice still remains Freddie. He's the only one of the three one could say Sam would love versus crush on and be afraid to admit feelings about. She has no problems hitting on guys, and her only problem with asking Gibby to the Girl's Choice Dance was pride. Be interesting if it does turn out to be Seddie, and Dan decides to do something with Melanie again. Attack, plot bunnies!

Edited on 04/01/2011 11:01pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Diamondgrl13

[99]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 6
    Anyone else see this promo yet??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP2oHLsav5k

marcdragicevic

[100]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 21
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    Anyone else see this promo yet??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP2oHLsav5k

Nope, but thanks.