We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iOMG/Episode #310" Episode Discussion

SimbiAni

[101]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 1

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    ^ YES! I love this!! Fanon is the greatest, isn't it? I'm more of a Spam shipper than Cam, but Cam is pretty good too. I like the "double date" theory, hehe. By the way, welcome. http://youtube.com/watch?v=aP2oHLsav5k

^ Speaking of which, there's a new promo out, where Carly says "You act like you're such a tough girl, but you're really just scared!" Oh Carly, I love you. I can't describe how much I adore you. Just stick that line in the "Go for it!" part of your Cam spin on it, and there you go. We all know that Carly understands there's more to Sam than a tough girl, but this time she actually says it in words and confronts her about it.

It would make a little more sense to air this right after the KCAs, but Dan just HAS to promote Victorious and shove it everywhere it shouldn't, including iCarly (and just putting in the fact that Freddie has a crush on Tori, despite never meeting her, just making the plot hole bigger). KCAs = the perfect opportunity to get more people to watch Victorious!

OMG new promo! I need to be more up-to-date with things, lol (in my defense, I kinda have a-ton-too-many fandoms, haha) but huh, interesting.. altho even *I* am feeling the "Seddie" vibe now, oy XD I've been brainwashed! [EDiT] Oops, almost forgot! Thanks about the writing & thanks for the promo link!!

So I'm still behind on a few eps of iCarly (this season has been so all over the place with so few eps, I ended up missing most of them- was there a reason mentioned why it's so short this year?) but I caught iHire an Idiot earlier & was like.. wow, at the way Sam cleared the table & just sprawled across it, haha & then Carly using her as a "desk" for the laptop.. awkward ;P But re: the rest of the ep, I wanted to mention, the "Cam"-spin version would explain that Sam only went along with hiring the "hottie" because she knew it was what Carly would expect- "normal" girls like the pretty boys!- plus, how strange would it look if she sided with Freddie? etc. Also, don't know if anyone else noticed (or if it meant anything on purpose, but this is a "spin" anyways, so.. lol)- Sam usually seemed to only chime in after Carly had expressed her opinion, re: keeping the guy. The one exception is when Carly is finally giving in because of Freddie & Sam protests- but again, could be she's just acting how Carly would (unconsciously) be expecting her to act. Hmm..

..why yes, I can get carried away with fanon! & I just now found & read an old Cam thread here under the "Sarly" name (ahaha)- there were some good points, but mostly I want to say I agree that IF we could get it in canon, it would be the cutesy, G-rated type of ship that everyone else gets, & really, across all my fandoms, that's the only rating I ever prefer anyways, lol I live for the adorkable moments!

Edited on 04/02/2011 1:28am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

saylavee

[102]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 18
    That better be the last promo. We're seeing too much. Anything more it'll be like a movie where the only thing we don't know is the surprise twist at the end.

Though I'm liking Carly in this ep from what I'm seeing.

Also, welcome to the forums simbi!!

frontman19

[103]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 14

I agree, I hope this is the last promo, I've seen enough scenes from the episode so that I know what's going on, but am still curious. I wonder what Spencer's role in this episode is. You see him twice in the new promo but he doesn't say anything...and he seems to be trapped in a glass box. Weird. I also think that Carly is going to be a great supporting character in this episode, everything she says in the promos is right on about Sam, shows she really knows her well. One week away!

Fireofnature

[104]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 13

I would love to see Spencer actually starting to get a life started for himself, moving on up, like he wants to do something more with his life. He seems about that age, and the last episode where he did "nothing" seems to portray a little bit of that yearning to where he may feel like there's a void somewhere in his life that needs fulfilling.

I will be honest, while I don't care what ship happens, I sort of hope that it IS Freddie she ends up with, and I'm thinking more and more that it will be..

Edited on 04/02/2011 10:49am

KatrinaCarras

[105]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 3

I'm pretty sure Dan made ISAFW because he WANTS to go in the direction of a particular ship, so he knew that people who liked the other ship would then be unhappy. Therefore ISAFW was just to convince people (or prepare them) ahead of time that they should watch iCarly regardless of who ends with who. He's basically trying to keep viewers that he may potentially lose when one ship happens and another one doesn't.

Uranium_OJ

[106]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 6
    You know what? I'm tired of Dan and the writers leading us on and then consistently disappointing us. I haven't seen a good episode since iSpeed Date. The comedy's gotten boring, the entire show's gotten boring and if Dan is sitting on his butt in his living room wondering why iCarly doesn't have as many views as they used to have then maybe he should consider finally making Seddie or Creddie happen... you know, like actually pleasing his fans? And you know what was an even bigger slap in the face? iStart a Fan war. The whole episode insulted icarly shippers instead of rewarding us for all the ratings and fame that only viewers can truly bring to a show. And we thought it was going to be a seddie/creddie episode because of those stupid promos.

I dunno. I'm just tired of all of this. I used to be excited when a promo for iCarly came on and now I know I just can't trust them. I'll watch the episode, and then i'll be disappointed cuz it's nothing like what the promo led me to believe. Whether it be nickolodeon or the producers of iCarly, these misleading promos need to STOP happening. I don't care if they want more viewers by making the episode appear "juicier" than what it really is like. If they DO want bigger ratings, they should consider making the ACTUAL episodes interesting. iOMG is prolly gonna be a let down contrary to what the promos want us to believe.
    -end rant lol.

teenj12

[107]Apr 2, 2011
    • level: 26
    Uranium_OJ wrote:
    You know what? I'm tired of Dan and the writers leading us on and then consistently disappointing us. I haven't seen a good episode since iSpeed Date. The comedy's gotten boring, the entire show's gotten boring and if Dan is sitting on his butt in his living room wondering why iCarly doesn't have as many views as they used to have then maybe he should consider finally making Seddie or Creddie happen... you know, like actually pleasing his fans? And you know what was an even bigger slap in the face? iStart a Fan war. The whole episode insulted icarly shippers instead of rewarding us for all the ratings and fame that only viewers can truly bring to a show. And we thought it was going to be a seddie/creddie episode because of those stupid promos.

I dunno. I'm just tired of all of this. I used to be excited when a promo for iCarly came on and now I know I just can't trust them. I'll watch the episode, and then i'll be disappointed cuz it's nothing like what the promo led me to believe. Whether it be nickolodeon or the producers of iCarly, these misleading promos need to STOP happening. I don't care if they want more viewers by making the episode appear "juicier" than what it really is like. If they DO want bigger ratings, they should consider making the ACTUAL episodes interesting. iOMG is prolly gonna be a let down contrary to what the promos want us to believe.
    -end rant lol.
    I have faith that it wont.Then again, you have to abandon faith sometimes.

Diamondgrl13

[108]Apr 3, 2011
    teenj12 wrote:
    Uranium_OJ wrote:

-end rant lol.

Abandon faith?? NEVERRRRRRR!!!! Haha. Jk. ;-)

JonathonWolf

[109]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 10
    Diamondgrl13 wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    Uranium_OJ wrote:

-end rant lol.

Abandon faith?? NEVERRRRRRR!!!! Haha. Jk. ;-)

Choosing one ship over the other to become the official pairing would reduce viewership. Whichever side wasn't chosen would boycott until the show switches sides. And then it would just be role reversal if the writers did change the pairing. By not endorsing either side, the fans keep watching for justification for their choice and for the chance of resolution in their favor.

Also, it's likely not Dan that does the teaser commercials. It's usually some marketing firm that does it. I'll keep my hopes positive for the episode. If I maintained a negative outlook, I'd start to wonder why I watch the show and just stop.

RemDiamond

[110]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 5
    We may find out Sam has feelings for Freddie but no couple is going to emerge until closer to the end of the show.

pscf3

[111]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 16
    I'm watching iSAFW, and it's actually pretty funny seeing the crazy shippers.

windwaker06

[112]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 7

Ha, I don't know if Dan put little hints here and there. I'm sure he did some scenes with the intention of getting fans all riled up like this! But I've heard Nathan Kress say that the little things fans see, like how she looks at him then or now and here or there, they aren't intentional XD. Radio interview with him on Youtube, can find the link if anyone is interested.I have heard thoughthat Dan was a Seddie shipper though, and that he wrote the "Seddie" episodes. Does anyone here have proof of that though? I'm hoping it's not just a rumor.

Hm.. I agree with someone up there (too fast, I can't type fast enough to keep up with all of you!), that this episode may reveal that Sam has a crush on Freddie, but that's it. Like maybe... keep this in mind, we're seeing a side of Sam that we've never seen before. Don't you think that just acting civil with Freddie, let alone maybe giving him a hug for his advice, would be "shocking" at this point, enough to put that look on Carly's face?

Personally at this point, just having them flirt or ban together on things every so often is enough. Having them just throw together... where would they even go from there? It's the tension that leads up to it that's always the most fun in these shows for me. And it feeds fans and keeps them coming back for more! Most of the time. *frowns* Sorry for those it annoys.

^^^ And to the poster above, yes! It is crazy. I've no doubt that episode is the most realistic and amusing one I've seen (the Jack Black Spencer thing was funny too, but that's not for this thread, just a side-note)

Edited on 04/03/2011 9:00am

Shadowswhisper

[113]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 2

The more times I watch the promos I get the feeling that Sam has a crush on Nevel. Does he still have her shoe? Or maybe her crush on Spencer is getting more intense. Anyway, I just don't see Sam and Freddie as a couple. Also, agree with some of the posters above, please no more promos. Otherwise, just air the episode early.

vanillacupcakes

[114]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 16

RemDiamond wrote:
    We may find out Sam has feelings for Freddie but no couple is going to emerge until closer to the end of the show.

AGREE WITH THIS x1000.

Not even "we", the audience, because some people believe that happened in iSD. Maybe she will openly admit it to somebody, which for her, is huge enough to be an "OMG".

That way the ship can go either way during the series finale, which will definitely rake in the viewers for sure. As much as I want to see how either would play out after they get together, I really think the endgame will be really close to the end of the show.

futuramarama

[115]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 37
    as long as this is better than iStart a Fan War, I'm happy

Diamondgrl13

[116]Apr 4, 2011
    futuramarama wrote:
    as long as this is better than iStart a Fan War, I'm happy

No chiz.

RomanZolanski

[117]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 12
    So... I'm guessing that Seddie WON'T happen. In the iPWV promo, Freddie's checking out Tori, but I'm guessing it's just him and then Carly will snap him out of it, reminding him that he has a girlfriend, IF Seddie does happen.

saylavee

[118]Apr 4, 2011
    ^Wasnt iOMG filmed AFTER iPWV and is technically the season finale?

That's my main reason why if seddie does happen, it wont be a lasting thing/end of episode cliffhanger to go into the next season, or there would be a plot hole. that or nick is stupid.

RomanZolanski

[119]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 12
    Wait, it was filmed AFTER?! :S Nvm then.

saylavee

[120]Apr 4, 2011
    Ahh wait wait never mind that I got my production codes mixed up xD filmed right after it. I thought it was filmed right before it xD