We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly has officially finished filming for the final time. 20th of June 2012.

MusicAddictBabe

[261]Jan 2, 2013
    • level: 18
    They do that with a lot of cartoons today. I know it's because of it being the digital era, but they should at least make it blend in better. Although, I don't know how well that would work with 2-D cartoons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Diamondgrl13

[262]Jan 3, 2013
    • level: 6
    DANG! How come nobody likes Ratatouille?? I loved that movie! One of my favs! I actually own it on BluRay. I also loved Nemo, and The Incredibles-how can you all forget about the Incredibles! That's like, one of the all-time best Pixar movies EVER! Cars was good. Never saw the 2nd one. Bugs Life was cute. Wall-E was LAME! Stupid movie almost gave me nightmares of us all being lazy and fat and stupid in the future, just driven around by our giant armchairs (which is ironic, cuz I use a wheelchair to get around, lol) Didn't like Brave at all either. Toy Story was cute, back when I was like 8. I grew out of it though. Was too old to care about 2, and never even saw 3. Up was really good. Surprisingly good. I've seen it several times, and enjoyed it each time. Slow-moving, but good. Our family still uses the "Squirrel!" joke all the time. Monsters Inc. was bomb! As in good, lol. I'm kinda excited about the sequel-hopefully they don't ruin it. I still think The Incredibles should've gotten a sequel first though. They totally set it up for that and never followed through on it and it bothers me, haha.

vanillacupcakes

[263]Jan 3, 2013
    • level: 16

I loved Ratatouille! Haters gonna hate. Critics loved that a lot too(moreso than Cars, Cars 2, Brave, Bug's Life, and maybe a few others). You didn't like the TS trilogy and didn't even see the 3rd? WOW. I think you grow with the series. I was around the age of Andy(a year younger) in the 1st movie, so I almost graduated high school when he was going to go off to college in the 3rd movie. I liked how they paced it that way. Made it just THAT more emotional and relatable.

The Incredibles deserves a sequel the most, but I like the Monster's Inc prequel idea A LOT, and I'm glad it's not a sequel.

The new movies for Pixar is supposed to be

1. The Good Dinosaur: How life would be for dinosaurs if they weren't extinct

2. Inside Out: Emotions in a girl's life coming to life are the characters telling about how they control her mind (THIS SOUNDS COOL!)

3. A movie about The Day of the Dead

@MAB: This is WEIRD. It doesn't fit in with the rest of the animation! I'm pretty sure it isn't intentional, and it's because they are rendering 3D animation to fit the 2d scheme to save time and money It works when they do a good job and it really does blend in. But sometimes they do a horrible job! And it's OBVIOUS.

nicknameless101

[264]Jan 3, 2013
    • level: 25

I liked all the Pixar movies, so far, including Ratatouille.

MusicAddictBabe

[265]Jan 3, 2013
    Hey, hey, hey. In my defense, I don't hate that movie, but it is one of my least favorites (hey, something has to be, right?). It's gonna sound weird, but one of my favorite things about that movie was the detail in the rats' fur. I'm a sucker for awesome, computer-generated detail

As for TS, you really do grow with the series. Like, I bet that most kids didn't really care for the third but if you're around the age Andy was, you wouldn't think it's so bad. When it came out, Andy would've been in the exact same situation as I was - a high school graduate. You can imagine how bad I felt for my old toys after watching that movie. To be honest (and this isn't because of this movie...just because I hate letting things go), I kept most of my favorite toys and whenever my mom would question it, I'd explain that it was because I didn't want them to go to some random kids who might treat them badly. I've been saving them for when my nephew (and maybe a future niece) for when he gets old enough because I trust him enough.

Oh, and those movies sound awesome. Pixar makes the best films. I mean, some may not be as great as others, but I don't think I truly hate any of them. I can't say the same for regular Disney animated movies, though (and I mean computer-animated, not like the Disney Classics or anything). Some are really good, and some are just like...yeah...you guys could do better. And Dreamworks acts as a really good competitor for the Pixar films because I think their movies are equally as good. One of my favorite movies is How to Train Your Dragon. The detail is just awesome, and it makes me feel like dragons really should exist.

VC - I know! I remember my cousins and I watched the first episode of the new Pokemon series. As a lover of the anime when I was really little, I thought it'd be pretty interesting to watch. But holy crap was I wrong. The whole episode just went back and forth between 2-D and 3-D graphics. The cartoon itself is only in 2-D. But whenever something besides the characters would move (like a ship and I think even Pikachu's tail at one point, when he was using a move), it'd be in 3-D. I got a sort of headache after watching that. >_

pixarprincess

[266]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 13
    In my defense, I don't hate "Ratatouille", heck, I don't hate ANY or the Pixar films- at worst I either find them boring or cliche. "Cars" just happened to be both. (Which is why I ranked it's sequel slightly higher- there was more, exciting things going on, even if it WAS stupid.)

Mack: Wait a minute here... they're just using the same actor over and over! What kind of a cut-rate production is this?!

(It's funny because he's voiced by John Ratzenburger, who... oh, never mind.)

MusicAddictBabe

[267]Jan 11, 2013
    Yeah. Like I said, I don't think I could hate a Pixar film. There's something awesome about each one. I mean, I love Pixar films in general just for their animation and storylines/morals. They all give sentimental value to some things you never really think about. And each one has some slightly sad moment in it, which I had never really thought about until just a few hours ago because I just got done watching Finding Nemo. But it's true. A lot of them make me tear up at some point.

Also, since I have no idea how to get us back on topic, I'm going to create filler content until someone does by asking this question: since we're on the topic of Disney films, what's everyone's favorite Disney Classic movie?

pixarprincess

[268]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 13

...OY! TEN DAYS CHECKING THE FORUMS will give you such a crick in the neck!

And the answer to that last question is Beauty and the Beast.

MusicAddictBabe

[269]Jan 30, 2013
    haha It really does too xD

My favorite animal-based Disney Classic movie is a tie between The Lion King and Oliver and Company (I love kittens :3).

My favorite Disney princess one, though, is Pocahontas (I'm not sure if that qualifies or not, but I really like it and don't know what else to call it if it's not).

teenj12

[270]Jan 30, 2013
    • level: 26
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    haha It really does too xD

My favorite animal-based Disney Classic movie is a tie between The Lion King and Oliver and Company (I love kittens :3).

My favorite Disney princess one, though, is Pocahontas (I'm not sure if that qualifies or not, but I really like it and don't know what else to call it if it's not).
    I think Pocahontas counts .

I liked Mulan and Princess and The Frog.

MusicAddictBabe

[271]Feb 2, 2013
    Mulan is a good one. Though, I haven't seen it in a long time. And I've never seen the Princess and the Frog. I heard it's good, though.

teenj12

[272]Feb 3, 2013
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Mulan is a good one. Though, I haven't seen it in a long time. And I've never seen the Princess and the Frog. I heard it's good, though.
    Yea, I watched it with my sisters one day and it was good.

marcdragicevic

[273]Mar 17, 2013
    • level: 21
    Mine's probably the 'Lion King' or 'Monster's Ink'.

MusicAddictBabe

[274]May 9, 2013
    Lion King 1 1/2 is really good too. It's hilarious!

And speaking of both those movies, I just got Lion King on Blu Ray. I got a PS3 for Christmas and told my mom that I wanted to get that movie first since I wanted that to be my very first Blu Ray movie. So, for Easter, she surprised me by getting me that and Wreck It Ralph (we probably mentioned this before, but that is also an awesome Disney movie).

Also, by any chance, is anyone going to see Monster's University when it comes out?

Sorry this is, like, a month-and-a-half late, but I've been busy lol.

teenj12

[275]May 10, 2013
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

Also, by any chance, is anyone going to see Monster's University when it comes out?

I totally want to , but I haven't been to the movies in a long time.

vanillacupcakes

[276]May 30, 2013
    • level: 16
    Do people still post here? I hope so! (I feel late to the party).
    I TOTALLY want to see Monster's University. I'm basically a sucker for all PIXAR movies though. Have you seen their "website"? Like monstersuniversity.com/edu one? It looks like a legitimate website and it is so detailed. It just makes me more excited for it. My favorite Disney movie is The Lion King. It's the very first movie I ever saw in theaters. Beauty and the Beast is a very close second.

teenj12

[277]Jun 1, 2013
    I didn't see the website, but I heard about it. I would also like to see Monster's University in theatres, especially since me and my family enjoyed seeing Brave last year.
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Do people still post here? I hope so! (I feel late to the party).
    I TOTALLY want to see Monster's University. I'm basically a sucker for all PIXAR movies though. Have you seen their "website"? Like monstersuniversity.com/edu one? It looks like a legitimate website and it is so detailed. It just makes me more excited for it. My favorite Disney movie is The Lion King. It's the very first movie I ever saw in theaters. Beauty and the Beast is a very close second.

tommybertini

[278]Jul 12, 2013
    • level: 1

so when are you posting a new sam and cat please....bye....

tommybertini

[279]Jul 12, 2013
    • level: 1

ok

marcdragicevic

[280]Sep 4, 2013
    • level: 21
    Monster's University should be good, can't wait.