We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly has officially finished filming for the final time. 20th of June 2012.

teenj12

[241]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 26
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

One more thing. You know what kind of show we don't need? Another Mr. Meaty....
    Lol I remember that show. It was weird...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[242]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 21
    Also, Sam and Cat start production in January or February. (They have already shot the pilot).

MusicAddictBabe

[243]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 18
    Mr. Meaty was this puppet-sorta-show about these two teenage guys who worked at a burger place at the mall or something. I don't remember a lot about it. But, yes, it was really weird.

Can't wait to see what Sam and Cat's like. (That was not sarcasm, btw lol.)

pokemonmonmon

[244]Dec 10, 2012
    • level: 5

i remember mr.meaty. i did NOT like that show lol. well one more thing before i leave this topic alone.. (sorry i know this is a late reply)

a lot of shows were drawn poorly and the characters were disfigured. dont even get me started on courage the cowardly dogs creepy animation or ed edd n eddys horrible animation. yet those shows are praised and highly popular among 90s and even some reccent generation kids.

same goes for powerpuff girls. i mean seriously think about it they have no hands or feet, their eyes are almost as big as their oversized heads. even professor utonium brought it up in that cockroach episode. i just feel like you guys are being a tad hypocritical and hate on the shows just because they are that: new. so i had to bring it up.

again, sorry for the ranting but i sometimes feel the need to call a spade a spade.

MusicAddictBabe

[246]Dec 11, 2012
    haha I don't think anybody liked Mr. Meaty.

Anyway, I see what your saying. But the only reason I hadn't listed shows like PPG and Ed, Edd, and Eddy was simply because I forgot. I mean, heck, there are a ton of poorly animated shows, I don't just mean the shows that are on today. Even Fairly Odd Parents wasn't really that well-drawn. I know I said something about older shows being more detailed or whatever, but I meant the shows that were actually detailed.

Like I said a few comments ago somewhere, does being poorly animated mean a show is bad? Of course not. I mean, I don't like some of the newer cartoons today, but it's not only because of their animation. It's like video games with bad graphics. I have this old Playstation game (Driver) that my brother let me have once he "upgraded" to a PS2, probably about 11 years ago. I have a PS2 and that's still one of my favorite games to play. But it has terrible background graphics. I guess, to be fair, though, all this has to do more with nostalgia and such. The reason a lot of people don't hate on old cartoons (and video games) with any sort of bad quality as much is because they grew up with them and overlooked stuff like that as kids. I'm sure in about 10 years or so, people will be like, 'Oh, yeah, I remember Adventure Time. I loved that show!' because they love it now.

The one thing that comes to mind in all of this is the Pokemon games (of course I'd bring that up again lol). There isn't one person I've met who can say that they hate the Red and Blue versions, despite having terrible-looking sprites. There are a lot who love some of the other games more, but the reason they can't give up liking the old ones is because of nostalgia.

Don't worry. I'm not trying to argue or anything. I just wanted to clarify what I said before...and I ended up rambling about nothing real important.

MusicAddictBabe

[247]Dec 12, 2012
    *justify, not clarify

Diamondgrl13

[248]Dec 13, 2012
    • level: 6
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

Like I said a few comments ago somewhere, does being poorly animated mean a show is bad? Of course not. I mean, I don't like some of the newer cartoons today, but it's not only because of their animation. It's like video games with bad graphics. I have this old Playstation game (Driver) that my brother let me have once he "upgraded" to a PS2, probably about 11 years ago. I have a PS2 and that's still one of my favorite games to play. But it has terrible background graphics. I guess, to be fair, though, all this has to do more with nostalgia and such. The reason a lot of people don't hate on old cartoons (and video games) with any sort of bad quality as much is because they grew up with them and overlooked stuff like that as kids. I'm sure in about 10 years or so, people will be like, 'Oh, yeah, I remember Adventure Time. I loved that show!' because they love it now.

Fair point, well made MusicAddictBabe. :-)

MusicAddictBabe

[249]Dec 13, 2012
    Why, thank you ^_^

pixarprincess

[250]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 13
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

Like I said a few comments ago somewhere, does being poorly animated mean a show is bad. Of course not.

No kidding.Just look at South Park.

Although I should bring up that the newer My little pony show has a different (better) animation than the hideous designs from previous generations. It one of the many factors as to why it's gained popularity (y'know, besides actually being funny, having likable lead characters, etc.)

Raj: I don't like bugs, okay? They freak me out.
    Sheldon: Interesting. You're afraid of insects and women. Ladybugs must render you catatonic.

MusicAddictBabe

[251]Dec 23, 2012
    South Park is a really good example. I don't like it very much, but a lot of people do.

I haven't seen a lot of MLP, but from what I have seen, I'd say the animation is really good. Everything in it is so sleek.

vanillacupcakes

[252]Dec 24, 2012
    • level: 16
    Even though shows can be good/bad regardless of animation, it really makes or breaks a show for me. Same goes with movies. Visuals are a huge part of everything, especially entertainment. The animations set the style and tone of everything, which to me is almost as important as the story. I'll deal with the predictable plot in "Rise of the Guardians" for the eye candy(the animation is gorgeous!). On the other hand, I'll be turned off from South Park despite it having good jokes. If South Park had better animations, I would probably like the show, rather than thinking it's "just okay". Good shows can exist without it being....visually appealing, but good animation sure helps a lot. You can cover up a mediocre storyline with good visuals. Same goes for any visual effects, costumes, sets, etc in movies or shows. Just look at Magic Mike.

MusicAddictBabe

[253]Dec 25, 2012
    Yeah, that's true. I feel like it's especially essential for movies. I mean, if a TV show has bad graphics, it could have other potential and will either make some sort of first impression. If a movie has bad graphics, it could really hurt the movie.

I really like Pixar movies but my least favorite is definitely Ratatouille. I love the graphics, just not the storyline.

pixarprincess

[254]Dec 26, 2012
    Hey, what if we listed in order from worst to best our favorite Pixar films? I'll start:

Least Favorite-Cars, Ratatouille, Cars 2(No questions, dang-it, no questions), Brave, Toy Story 2, The Incredibles, A Bugs Life, Up, Toy Story, Monsters Inc., WALL-E, Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo-Most Favorite

Oh, and MERRY (late) CHRISTMAS!

vanillacupcakes

[255]Dec 26, 2012

Yeah IA that a tv show can get away with bad graphics more than movies, although I feel like they are a bit more lenient than movies in almost everything.

Aw, didn't expect the Ratatouille hate. =/ I thought the Cars franchise was always the hated one. Least favorite-Cars 2, Cars, Brave, A Bug's Life, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Monster's Inc, Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Toy Story 3, Up-Most favorite

Can I also say how great the animation has been for movies this year? Even the non-Pixar movies? Rise of the Guardians was gorgeous, like it was all eye candy. Paranorman had some really great stop motion, along with Frankenweenie(the black and white was cool too). Wreck it Ralph went beyond my expectations for a non-pixar Disney film. And of course Pixar never disappoints animation wise. Even though the storyline was underwhelming, Brave's animation was BEYOND incredible.

Edited on 12/26/2012 6:04pm

marcdragicevic

[256]Dec 27, 2012
    • level: 21
    The thing about animation is that they are always improving. The colour also improves by time. It's weird looking back to the first episode of any tv series, because it looks so old and outdated, including non-animation tv shows.

teenj12

[257]Dec 27, 2012
    • level: 26
    marcdragicevic wrote:
    The thing about animation is that they are always improving. The colour also improves by time. It's weird looking back to the first episode of any tv series, because it looks so old and outdated.
    Yea, like the first episode of SpongeBob or Rugrats or even Fairly Oddparents

vanillacupcakes

[258]Dec 27, 2012
    Within a show, I would say the animation and color improves, but not really overall through the years. I feel like they did more 2 dimensional stuff and stop motion, which they later replaced with all CGI. Depressing.

MusicAddictBabe

[259]Dec 30, 2012
    haha I feel like such an outcast right now. Cars is my favorite Pixar movie. But I think that's just because I love cars in general (almost every video game I own is a racing one).

I have a hard time listing my favorites of almost anything. But I'll try (though, I'll probably forget a few).

Least favorites: Ratatouille, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2
    Most favorites: Cars, Up, Finding Nemo, Toy Story, Toy Story 3, Monster's Inc., Wall-E

They're in no particular order, though, and everything else falls in the middle (except for Cars 2...I haven't seen that yet, though, I heard it wasn't really that good).

Yeah! I know exactly what you guys mean about looking back at early episodes of certain cartoons. It just looks so weird. Anybody remember Oh Yeah, Cartoons!? Remember how some shows started there (like Fairly Oddparents and My Life As a Teenage Robot)? Well, if you watch the first episodes of those shows (the original ones), they look way different than the more recent ones. But yeah. I think it's cool to see how much shows like that improve over time.

VC - Animation graphics were really good this year, IA. When it comes to computer animation, I'm really observant (I don't know why) and some animated films can just be...eh. But I went to see both Paranorman and Wreck It Ralph and both were beyond any expectations I had. I was thoroughly impressed.

Dude, I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely hate it when they add in 3D computer-generated graphics to a 2D cartoon. They do that a lot, now, and I think it just looks weird, IMO. Like, it's one thing if it's barely noticeable. But when it's so blatantly obvious that it doesn't even blend in with the rest of the animation around it, it's just sad.

pixarprincess

[260]Jan 1, 2013

MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Dude, I don't know about anyone else, but I absolutely hate it when they add in 3D computer-generated graphics to a 2D cartoon. They do that a lot, now, and I think it just looks weird, IMO. Like, it's one thing if it's barely noticeable. But when it's so blatantly obvious that it doesn't even blend in with the rest of the animation around it, it's just sad.

^I know what you mean. They did that in the latest episode of MLP. It's bad enought the episode itself was "Meh" at best. Oh, Merriwether Williams, just when your recent attempts to write a decent script for this series was going well. I loved "Wonderbolt Academy"... if only because it more or less supported my OTP.

Rainbow Dash: No disrespect, ma'am, but there's a big difference between pushing yourself as hard as you can and just being reckless. And if being reckless is what gets rewarded around here, if that's what it means to be a Wonderbolt, then I don't want any part of it.