We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly has officially finished filming for the final time. 20th of June 2012.

marcdragicevic

[221]Nov 23, 2012
    • level: 21
    This is an article posted late 2011. It's been rumoured that it's going to end quite soon for about 2 years now

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/06/the-simpsons-next-season-last_n_998418.html
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marcdragicevic

[223]Nov 23, 2012
    "iCarly" officially finished filming on the 20th of June 2012 and aired its final episode on the 23rd of November 2012.

MusicAddictBabe

[224]Nov 26, 2012
    • level: 18
    Ok. If the Simpsons does end soon, could it please take Spongebob with it?

And may iCarly rest in peace. It feels weird to think that there will no longer be any new episodes of this show.

Fireofnature

[225]Nov 27, 2012
    • level: 13
    Well there is ONE good thing to say about spongebob.....it may be a stupid show but it's nowhere near as retarded as the cartoons we have now, such as "flapjack" or "adventure time", need I go on?

pixarprincess

[226]Nov 27, 2012
    Most cartoons nowadays are either okay but boring ("The Looney Tunes Show") or made on whatever drugs were used in the production of (insert trippy movie hear). I understand, some people like surreal humor ("Ren and Stimpy" looks a little raunchy to me but from my understanding it was pretty popular.) I think there's only a handful of cartoons nowadays that have a great combination of smart humor, good animation and likable characters. (coughcoughPhineasandFerbcoughMyLittlecoughPonycoughcoughcough)

R.I.P. iCarly. And later Victorious. (Have they announced a finale date for that yet?)

teenj12

[227]Nov 27, 2012
    • level: 26
    pixarprincess wrote:
    Most cartoons nowadays are either okay but boring ("The Looney Tunes Show") or made on whatever drugs were used in the production of (insert trippy movie hear). I understand, some people like surreal humor ("Ren and Stimpy" looks a little raunchy to me but from my understanding it was pretty popular.) I think there's only a handful of cartoons nowadays that have a great combination of smart humor, good animation and likable characters. (coughcoughPhineasandFerbcoughMyLittlecoughPonycoughcoughcough)

R.I.P. iCarly. And later Victorious. (Have they announced a finale date for that yet?)
    I imagine Victorious will R.I.P sometime in early 2013.

MusicAddictBabe

[228]Nov 27, 2012
    FON - Finally! I'm not the only one who thinks that. I never watch those shows unless I'm with a friend who's watching them. The thing is, I don't understand why shows like Adventure Time and Regular Show are on Cartoon Network at all. They're obviously aimed at a more adult audience.

Pixar - Ren and Stimpy was...eh. Actually, my cousin and I wondered why it was taken off Nick, so we looked it up last year. It's really awkward now (or at least way more awkward than I remember). Incidentally, it was taken off Nick and put onto Spike TV because of it having some more adult content.

I'm not gonna go into a complete rant about stupid shows right now...but I could. One thing that really does tick me off, though, is that I've always wanted to be a cartoonist and seeing cartoons today with really poor animation just saddens me.

Fireofnature

[229]Nov 28, 2012
    I've only seen a few episodes, more than I can tolerate, they don't seem very much like they're directed at adults. They look like they were done by three year olds. I've seen nick jr shows that are far superior!

Which of course reminds me, when I was younger, I did have a love for Blues Clues and Little Bear. Oddly enough, I've hated Barney ever since I was four.

pokemonmonmon

[230]Nov 28, 2012
    • level: 5

Fireofnature wrote:
    Well there is ONE good thing to say about spongebob.....it may be a stupid show but it's nowhere near as retarded as the cartoons we have now, such as "flapjack" or "adventure time", need I go on?
    adventure time is 10x better than spongebob and flapjack ended like last year or 2 years ago so i dont know why youre even bringing that up. spongebob was entertaining at one point but now it just plain sucks and is NOWHERE near the same level of adventure time.

as far as adult content and innuendos go, LOTS of cartoons have had those especially with the more popular ones. remember powerpuff girls where mojo got put in jail and his cell mate looked at him lovingly? remember the episode of cow and chicken where they talked about carpet munchers? in original looney tunes the word jackass was actually used UNCENSORED. dont even get me started on the episde where rocko and that friend of his whos name escapes me at the moment rented a hotel together and then you here them moaning sexually in an off screen moment. in fact in a disney movie i cant quite remember the preist who was marrying them got a boner and if you look closely there is a scene in lion king where they subtly snuck in the word "sex".

seriously i think sometimes people bash at new cartoons sometimes just because theyre exactly that: new. im not gonna retend like every cartoon on tv is good because the majority of them do indeed suck but i bet if shows like adventure time came out a decade ago you guys would be praising it. sorry for the rant but sometimes i get passionate about the things i like

Edited on 11/28/2012 2:47pm
    Edited 2 total times.

marcdragicevic

[231]Nov 28, 2012
    All this talk about cartoons just reminds me that I haven't watched "Cartoon Network" for years and years. The time flies.

Diamondgrl13

[232]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 6

pokemonmonmon wrote:

if you look closely there is a scene in lion king where they subtly snuck in the word "sex".

Actually, it says "SFX", for special effects. The production or whoever cleared that up.

marcdragicevic

[233]Nov 29, 2012
    That's odd for the Lion King. Maybe they could have made it easier to read.

MusicAddictBabe

[234]Dec 1, 2012
    FoN - What I mean is that there is a lot of adult humor in those shows. I'm not saying that other cartoons don't have any, but those ones just stand out to me. For one thing, I remember watching an episode of one of them where one of the characters swore (it was minor but shocking, in a way, considering you wouldn't expect that coming from a show on CN that's not on Adult Swim). For another thing, though this is just my theory, I feel like Cartoon Network (along with Nick and maybe Disney...idk) is trying to appeal to an audience our age because they know that we still watch their shows. Like I said, it's just my theory, but when I really think about it, I've noticed more college students walking around with Adventure Time/Regular Show apparel than I've ever seen any little kid wear. Even in high school, the guys in my class were obsessed with Flapjack. And yeah, you're right. They do look like they were made by 3-year-olds. This kind of thing only makes me madder, being an artist. I don't do this as much anymore, but when I was in middle school and a little throughout high school, I used to make comics with my own characters, and they looked way better than those shows. Even now, when I draw in a cartoon-style way, I make sure whatever I'm drawing looks decent and proportional and whatnot. I mean, I'm no professional cartoonist, and I understand it's probably difficult to be one, but you can't tell me that it's so hard that a bunch of these newer cartoons have to look less detailed than the older ones. It's like, pick any 90's cartoon and compare it to any cartoon today. I'm sure there'll be a huge difference. Sorry for the rant, but these sort of cartoons just disappoint me because it just looks like animators today are starting to get lazy. Does this mean that they're necessarily bad shows? No. But the animation is, imo. (Thought I should add that in before I make someone mad lol).

haha Remember when I said I wasn't gonna rant about this? I lied lol.

Marc - It's ok because neither have I really

And yeah, Diamondgirl's right. I think they do that in a couple other Disney movies too. But I do have to agree with Marc on that one. I feel like they could've made it a little bit clearer.

vanillacupcakes

[235]Dec 1, 2012
    • level: 16

Fireofnature wrote:

Whoa there, no need for that. Also, I heard Adventure Time was one of the quality cartoons that are out there.

I don't really know much about the current children cartoons, but I think Nickelodeon and Disney needs more of them. The only good things I hear there are Gravity Falls, P&F, Spongebob(though it should end) and Penguins of Madagascar. Also in my opinion, adult cartoons have gone downhill, especially Seth McFarlane's work.

Also speaking of animation, I also wish there would be more stop-motion movies out there (random thought). Paranorman and Frankenweenie were both really good.

Fireofnature

[236]Dec 1, 2012
    I'm still on the edge about Gravity Falls. I don't particularly care for the animation. Honestly I miss the drawing of the older cartoons, nowadays they just kind of creep me out. Just not the same as it used to be, though hard to explain.

I like Phineas and Ferb I guess, though I'm often more interested in the parts with doofensmirz (I know I misspelled that). Spongebob really should end, I think it's worn it's welcome.

teenj12

[237]Dec 1, 2012
    • level: 26
    Fireofnature wrote:
    I'm still on the edge about Gravity Falls. I don't particularly care for the animation.
    But don't you think the animation is beautiful? Your actually the first person I've seen say they don't care for it .

Fireofnature

[238]Dec 2, 2012
    The animation, the drawing, it's really hard to explain. It's kind of remotely similar to the drawing/animation of the stuff like Regular Show, Adventure Time, Flapjack, and those creep me out enormously. I don't know how to explain it, there's just something kind of disturbing to me. Whether it's the spaghetti-like arms, the ghoulish faces. A lot of today's animated shows just disturb me for some reason. Unlike the few mentioned like Phineas and Ferb, the drawing and animation on that show is fine. As was the fairly odd parents, or even back further like the Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, etc etc. Even Rocko as well as Ren and Stimpy was a borderline example of what I'm talking about with today's drawing/animation, only it was more subtle and reserved, not as blatant as today's stuff. Eh well, Cartoon Network, Nick, and Disney have gone to the dogs.

MusicAddictBabe

[239]Dec 2, 2012
    VC - I think you're right. The reason I grew to like Nick so much is the surplus of cartoons they had. And now it's, like...nothing. haha I unexpectedly went to see Paranorman with my mom. We wanted to have a girls' day out and decided to go to the movies. I don't remember what we were going to see originally but whatever it was wasn't playing at the time (we read the sign wrong). One of the workers told us that he had heard that Paranorman was a pretty good movie so we decided to see that instead. It was pretty good.

FoN - I know what you mean. I think that animated shows today (at least in the cartoons we mentioned earlier) are really exaggerated animation-wise. Like when someone's arm is suddenly longer than his/her body. I want to be a cartoonist someday. Guess I should feel confident knowing that I don't have to put much effort into the characters since today's cartoons obviously don't have that.

Also, I guess I can't really speak for everyone when I talk about my opinion of Adventure Time. I'm actually out-voted in that sense, considering most kids my age really like that show. Then again, I guess I'm just being a bit nit-picky when I watch shows like this because of the animation style. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't mind them so much.

I also remember how my cousin and I would watch Chowder a lot. We loved picking out the clothes and textures and stuff with unmovable patterns because it really bothered us lol xD.

Oh, and Spongebob...yeah, I'm not going into that right now. Although, let this be a lesson to any show/cartoon producer - don't milk your show for more than it's worth...you'll just wind up killing it. (And now all I can picture is a sad, scared cow.)

One more thing. You know what kind of show we don't need? Another Mr. Meaty....

marcdragicevic

[240]Dec 3, 2012
    Mr. Meaty?