We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly has officially finished filming for the final time. 20th of June 2012.

MusicAddictBabe

[181]Sep 2, 2012
    • level: 18
    FON - That's so true and that's why I have a "love-hate relationship" with Nick today. For awhile, I was kind of on-the-fence with Victorious. It's a good show, but that's exactly why Tori is one of my least favorite characters. She saves the day with her "angelic voice" (ahem...yeah) and sometimes gets upset over the most unrealistic things, and by unrealistic, I basically mean any issues that we have to (or have had to) deal with at her age. It's not about having a bad hair day, it's about finding a flippin' ride to school (even though you only live 5 minutes down the road) because someone's shooting a movie down the street and you don't wanna ride with your sister who shaves while she drives. I feel like "Sam & Cat" at least will be more realistic.

I can't say that I watch a heck of a lot of Disney except when I'm with a friend who's watching it (mostly for the same reasons I don't watch much Nick or Cartoon Network these days). But I have seen Good Luck Charlie and I actually kinda like it. The first time I saw it, my mom happened to be watching a marathon of it (she said she had turned it on for some background noise while she did some things around the house...yeah, ok, mother xD). So, I sat down and watched it for awhile. Not a bad show. Not a bad show at all.

And speaking of old-time sitcoms, I miss those kinds of shows. Whatever happened to them playing stuff like that on Nick at Nite? I have no problem with the shows they have on now (though, I do feel that they overrate George Lopez just a bit), but I miss watching Full House and Family Matters and stuff like that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[182]Sep 3, 2012
    • level: 16

I used to love Full House. I was freaking obsessed with it. Then I saw an episode about 2 years ago, and I think it's the lamest thing ever with their cheesy music and dad-daughter talks at the end.

I get what you guys mean though. Sitcoms focused around the family is cool. It's a situation everybody can relate to. I heard Good Luck Charlie is good. Actually I heard House of Anubis(I've never even seen this on tv) and BTR are pretty good. I still probably won't be watching though. Isn't Bucket and Skinner still on too? Or did it get cancelled? I've almost never seen it on tv anyways, so I have no idea.

Victorious was sort of okay. At least they didn't have to deal with secret identities or fame(except that Platinum special). It was focused around singing/acting, but not about fame...which is at least a LITTLE bit better. I know WOWP was supposedly really good, but I hated how the episodes I saw were like, "OMG because our family are wizards my uncle actually leads a double life of being the hit singer Shakira so if we throw this party with Shakira people are going to catch on what do we doooooo???" "I know! Let's come up with a lie!" "Whoa, they bought it! They don't know we're wizards and my uncle is secretly Shakira!". I mean I'm sure it's a good show, but episodes like that really bother me. It sounds ridiculous. Also, they have to always hide a part of themselves to be accepted by everybody and treated normally. Hannah Montana's and WOWP basically had a whole schtick of keeping this whole part of their life to be a secret. At least BTR doesn't have that. Shake it Up doesn't either. It could be a good show if the storylines and jokes were better written...and if the acting was a little better.

I'm excited for Wendell and Vinnie on Nick @ Nite, because it will bring back an actual original, normal plot sounding, family-ish focused sitcom. I'm all for it.

MusicAddictBabe

[183]Sep 3, 2012
    ^ Me too! Back in the day (and by that, I mean, like, 5 or more years ago), I watched Full House all the time. It was one of my sister's favorite shows and for awhile I watched it with her. Then, I got really into it, watching it every weekday during the summer and every weeknight during the school year. I even remember the times it would be on (it used to be noon everyday and it changed from 6 to 4 to 3 in the evenings on ABC Family). I also remember that if you missed an episode, the same one would be on the next day at a different time. And it came on at 9 or so on Nick @ Nite which made me really happy at the time. As of today, I've seen pretty much every episode...actually, I'm not sure how many times...I lost count and I haven't seen it in a long time...but a lot anyway.

I watched it with my friends at college recently, and we kept commenting on how predictable the show really is. I still think it's a good show (overall and in terms of sending a good message). But it really is predictable if you think about it. Like, we noted how you could tell when there was gonna be some "adult-child" talk based on the music that would start playing and at the end of every talk, they'd hug. Although, I guess the hugging thing was kind of a good running-gag-type-thing.

I don't know if Bucket and Skinner is still on Nick. Though, I have seen it on Teenick a few times.

I don't know. The whole concept of Victorious still kind of annoys me. I mean, if I had never heard of it and someone were to describe it to me, I don't know if I'd watch it a lot. But by actually watching it and knowing it's a Dan Schnieder show, I know better than to judge it that way. And I do remember mentioning somewhere that I didn't like how they'd have problems that not many of us can relate too since most of us don't live in Hollywood and go to average public schools instead. But that's just me being overly critical since it is just a show, I suppose. It really isn't such a bad show and it is a bit better than those "fame" shows.

The only "double life" show I actually liked growing up was Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Again, I mean, I guess it could be really cheesy, but I don't know. I really liked it. And there were some realistic things in it that you could relate too.

teenj12

[184]Sep 4, 2012
    • level: 26
    I definitely remember loving Sabrina The Teenage Witch when I was younger ^^ . But now I fell out of touch with it. I don't really see it on anymore. Which goes for all the shows that you guys have listed.

MusicAddictBabe

[185]Sep 4, 2012
    These shows...I remember coming home from school everyday and watching them. I miss being able to do that. Although, I do sometimes come home and watch Ned's Declassified on Teenick...but it's not the same

And, yeah. It's such a bummer that some of these shows aren't on anymore. I haven't seen them in such a long time.

marcdragicevic

[186]Sep 4, 2012
    • level: 21
    I remember watching Sabrina and the Teenage Witch when I was younger as well, that was a great show. Sabrina and the Cat got back together earlier this year for once scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b858rOO21Fw

RiciSmokes2

[187]Sep 5, 2012
    • level: 7
    Super surprised by the cancellation of Victorious, but less so for How to Rock. Not bc it had great ratings but I just thought it had avg ratings for Nick while it's in a slump. Going to miss iCarly, ESP Spencer.

marcdragicevic

[188]Sep 5, 2012
    The thing with Victorious is that is wasn't actually cancelled, Nick. just ended it. Normally when a show is cancelled, it's due to poor ratings; this wasn't the case with Victorious.

RiciSmokes2

[189]Sep 5, 2012
    House, iCarly, and Zoey 101 were ended. Ended generally means all parties agree to no longer go on, but when a network makes the decision unilaterally then u got cancelled, which is what happened to Victorious. But the ratings all over Nick are down, except for Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents and some random NAN shows, mainly Friends, make the daily top 100 regularly. Disney actually started beating them regularly this last couple of years, that is why they are revamping, I just thought they would start with other shows (b&s anyone) not Victorious. Thus the surprise.

marcdragicevic

[190]Sep 5, 2012

"Please understand: Almost all Nickelodeon live-action shows have a life span of about 60 episodes. We made around 60 episodes of Drake & Josh… of Zoey 101… and we made 41 episodes of The Amanda Show… and all those shows were big hits. (Yes, iCarly did more, but the vast majority of Nick live action shows do around 60 episodes, total.) I would love to have made more than 60 of Victorious, but that's how it usually goes. Whenever I begin a new TV series for Nick, 60 episodes is the plan, from the beginning. I've heard some people use the word "canceled" ��" which isn't accurate in this case. The term "canceled" is usually used when a TV show gets poor ratings, causing the network to end the show early. TV shows that aren't doing well get canceled."

Still trying to figure out the exact reason why the show will not go on. It could just be the 60 episode outline, is why the show was ended.

RiciSmokes2

[191]Sep 6, 2012
    I remember reading that when Dan wrote it and I couldn't help but be reminded of Kathy Bates when her show got cancelled. She thought that bc NBC was so sad ratings wise that they wouldn't care that her 18-49's were horrible bc she had a lot of viewers (old people). At the end of the day it's just semantics, the network didn't think that your show was profitable enough to give u air space. They made the decision without u, I know VJ was fully expecting to return, so in truth they cancelled u. It just seemed like Victorious wouldn't have had to go tho. Sam & Cat plus Jerry's new show (and all the other new projects) probably had quite a lot to do with it.

teenj12

[192]Sep 6, 2012
    RiciSmokes2 wrote:
    I remember reading that when Dan wrote it and I couldn't help but be reminded of Kathy Bates when her show got cancelled. She thought that bc NBC was so sad ratings wise that they wouldn't care that her 18-49's were horrible bc she had a lot of viewers (old people). At the end of the day it's just semantics, the network didn't think that your show was profitable enough to give u air space. They made the decision without u, I know VJ was fully expecting to return, so in truth they cancelled u. It just seemed like Victorious wouldn't have had to go tho. Sam & Cat plus Jerry's new show (and all the other new projects) probably had quite a lot to do with it.
    I think he could of waited to do the Gibby show...or just go with the Gibby show and scrap Sam and Cat for a while, but once Victorious completes its deserved final season (Season 4), then he can bring Sam and Cat. It would make sense continuity wise as well.

MusicAddictBabe

[193]Sep 6, 2012
    ^ That's a good point.

MusicAddictBabe

[194]Sep 6, 2012
    (Oh, and, Marc, nice link. That was hilariously crazy xD)

Fireofnature

[195]Sep 6, 2012
    • level: 13
    So If I'm noticing the final episode is confirmed to air in November, and there are ten episodes...if they do an episode a week format for the rest of the iCarly episodes...with November 30th being the last day, they would have to start airing around September 20/21 one episode a week in order to reach the tenth new episode by November 30th -_-

marcdragicevic

[196]Sep 7, 2012
    teenj12 wrote:
    RiciSmokes2 wrote:
    I think he could of waited to do the Gibby show...or just go with the Gibby show and scrap Sam and Cat for a while, but once Victorious completes its deserved final season (Season 4), then he can bring Sam and Cat. It would make sense continuity wise as well.

I have no idea why Noah is getting his own show. These new spinoff shows are getting a bit crazy now, that don't exactly prove to be popular.

pixarprincess

[197]Sep 7, 2012
    • level: 13

vanillacupcakes wrote:

I used to love Full House. I was freaking obsessed with it. Then I saw an episode about 2 years ago, and I think it's the lamest thing ever with their cheesy music and dad-daughter talks at the end.

...First that Nostalgia Critic episode, now you... AM I THE ONLY ONE IN THIS WHOLE BLASTED WORLD WHO GENUINELY ENJOYS THIS SHOW!?!?!?

(calms down) Okay, nothing I can do, I guess... at least I have MLP, a light-hearted, feel good show that people actually give a rat's hat about. (hehe, Drake and Josh reference. )

Wait, so Noah's getting his own show, too? You know, I've noticed different patterns both DC and Nick use to help there rising stars. On DC if anyone capable of singing and acting provides recurring/guest roles on an existing show and is likeable and/or popular enough, they sign em on for a starring role in an upcoming sitcom and go on from there. On Nick, ever since All that, nearly ALL it's shows are spinoffs of the last show, focusing on one of the former cast members. Usually the most popular ones get the gig. (All That-The Amanda Show-Drake and Josh-iCarly-whatever new spinoff gets picked up)

Basil: Ratigan, no one can have a higher opinion of you than I have... and I think you're a slimy, contemptible sewer rat!

teenj12

[198]Sep 7, 2012
    Isn't MLP ending soon? I thought I heard that somewhere .

MusicAddictBabe

[199]Sep 7, 2012
    Pixar - I still like that show. And I sometimes have a hard time watching the Nostalgia Critic because he's very critical lol. Although, some of the stuff he says is very true for some shows.

I feel like one of the main reasons Noah's getting his own show is because Gibby's probably a character a lot of people like, almost like a popularity contest or something (kinda like what Pixar said). I don't know. I don't really like Gibby that much. Or at least anymore. I liked him more as a side character.

teenj12

[200]Sep 8, 2012
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Pixar - I still like that show. And I sometimes have a hard time watching the Nostalgia Critic because he's very critical lol. Although, some of the stuff he says is very true for some shows.

I feel like one of the main reasons Noah's getting his own show is because Gibby's probably a character a lot of people like, almost like a popularity contest or something (kinda like what Pixar said). I don't know. I don't really like Gibby that much. Or at least anymore. I liked him more as a side character.
    Yea. The fact that he was always taking his shirt off was what made his character so popular.