We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly has officially finished filming for the final time. 20th of June 2012.

marcdragicevic

[161]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 21
    I don't get Nick, they are all over the place. They need to get it together.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[162]Aug 17, 2012
    • level: 13
    The network used to be better at that, and it was a solid, consecutive flow, but now it's just crazy. They obviously have the wrong people in their staffing rooms.

marcdragicevic

[163]Aug 17, 2012
    That's true, must be the same group that ended Victorious.

pokemonmonmon

[164]Aug 20, 2012
    • level: 5

vanillacupcakes wrote:

Idk, the Gravity Falls review doesn't really make me want to see it. It seems similar to Adventure Time/Regular Show/Cartoon Network shows. I've never grown up watching CN and I still haven't, but I've heard they are good. I've always been more into sitcoms than cartoons, with the exception Nickelodeon and a few adult cartoons.

IA that ever since they changed writers after the Spongebob movie it seemed like a completely different series. They should have ended it with the movie and called it a day(it would wrap up the series nicely).

These are the animated series coming to Nickelodeon

1. Sanjay and Craig

Something about two rebellious best friends? I sort of have high hopes for this one, because the writers that did "The Adventures of Pete and Pete" (the best!) are producing this.

2. Monsters vs. Aliens

Based off of that movie I had free tickets to yet still didn't see. I'm sick of Nickelodeon using Dreamworks tv series. It'll probably be like the Barnyard and Kung Fu Panda ones that flopped. It probably won't be as good as the Penguin one(they are actually sort of marketable and amusing).

3. Some Nick Jr. show, I forgot what it was. Maybe there are 2 of them

4. Bad Seeds(not yet greenlighted though) is about a good bird hanging with a bad crowd.

This one has Spongebob alums as writers and the creator of Chowder. Even though I don't like that show, I think it has the potential to be good. I hope Nickelodeon will approve this one.

Overall, I think Nickelodeon can start to get their game back starting with those 2 cartoons. Plus, they still have Legend of Korra. It's probably Nick's most popular show now, which is good. iCarly and Victorious ending shouldn't be making people HAPPY if they hate it. Sam and Cat AND Gibby are going to replace those 2 shows. If you don't like iCarly, do you honestly think you'll like these two shows?? Unless they just hated Carly and Tori or something, then maybe. At least Gibby is going to be singing. I think it's great that Nickelodeon still has Dan Schneider. I think sitcom wise it is as close to old school Nick as they get. Like I said, I really think iCarly has the old school Nick humor. It's like a combination of stoner humor, innuendos, and bizarre/random stuff....yet still very family/kid oriented. He could go downhill with his writing, but I'm not going to judge yet. Wendell and Vinnie sounds like it's going to be really good for Nick @ Nite. They are improving their network, I think.

What they really need to do is get the people who do BTR to make a show more similar to Ned's Declassified again. They need Bucket and Skinner to be cancelled. The ratings for that show sucks. They need to stop trying to make How to Rock happen. I don't care if Master P or whatever wanted this for him and his daughter, sorry. She's not Lil' Romeo. They need to bring back Legends of the Hidden Temple and other game shows besides Figure it Out. They need more slime, maybe slimetime live or something. Keep Dan Schneider. Add a few more cartoons. Cancel Fanboy and Chum Chum(I thought it ended last year damnit). End Fairly Odd Parents and get those writers to make a new cartoon. Also, get them to advertise and air this chiz better. They should bring Amy Poehler back and make a new show, Parks&Rec and Amy is flawless. I never watched The Mighty B, but she would be great for Nickelodeon. [/dream for Nickelodeon.]

BTW, I watched 2 episodes of Jessie on Disney so I could understand the comparisons people make of this "babysitting" storyline and she SINGS. Badly. In the other episode, she wants to be an ACTRESS. What the heck? Come on now, Ariana and Jennette are talented and likable. Plus they aren't going to be always singing/being famous. If they were, at least they'll actually sound good and have a good song.

I was slamming the keys on the keyboard of my computer while typing this really long post. So much frustration lol.

1. i understand your frustration but you really shouldnt judge shows youve barely watched. now you need to understand that nick probably has some sort of contract with those shows which is why they probably havent cancelled them yet. on top of that hwo to rock may not be their best show but its pretty decent.

2.figure it out is a 90s show as well. i saw it on the 90s are all that and its the EXACT SAME THING as it was in the 90s.

3. you need to understyand that just because a show sucks doesnt mean they should get rid of it. networks care about MONEY not quality. anythign that makes them money well stick around even if it flat out sucks. if they havent cancelled it despite bad ratings its most likely because of crappy ratings. i mean look at that scooby doo series. the ratings are so bad that they show new episodes EVERYDAY at 2pm. its liek theyre trying to hurry up and air all the episodes so they never have to show it agqain. i understand where youre coming from but you have to keep in mind this is a business.

4. as far as i know, nobody is happy that victorious is ending. icarly on the other hand has worn out its welcome which would explain the joy in people seeing that go. it had a good run but in the recent years the show hasnt been at its best. so its only natural that people want it to end regardless of how much they like/dislike miranda. im pretty sure shes made enough money to last her 2 lifetimes.

MusicAddictBabe

[165]Aug 20, 2012
    • level: 18
    In VC's defense, we all were sort of involved in this rant/debate.

But I see what you're saying.

To be honest, in my opinion, I really don't think it matters. I've judged shows before that I haven't even watched. I mean, come on, guys, everybody does. When you're watching TV and you see an advertisement for a new show, the first thing you do is judge it by thinking about how good or bad it might be. But anyway, where I was going with that was, in my opinion, it's actually better to judge a show you've barely watched than one you haven't at all.

I actually have no input about why Nickelodeon hasn't cancelled any of their less popular shows. I could go on and on about why it's so dog-gone stupid, but I actually have nothing to back me up. I don't know how TV networks work (although, it'd be great if I did). I don't know if they have view counts or they continue with shows because of money or why else they do the things they do. And I really have no idea why I'm still typing since I made my point in the first sentence...but...oh well.

I actually don't mind Figure it Out. It brings me back to my childhood again. The only thing I don't particularly care for are some of their "Secret Slime Actions" - like the ones that pinpoint one particular person (in my opinion, it kinda takes away from the mystery of who's gonna do it). Other than that, it's fun to watch.

But, like I said...my opinion.

Sorry...that was...split up kind of weirdly...and I...yeah. I'm tired. I'll add on to that later or something.

vanillacupcakes

[166]Aug 21, 2012
    • level: 16

1. I ALWAYS say shows suck, but I will always watch the episodes with an unbiased viewpoint and see for myself what I think of it. All my judgement goes away and I will sit back and watch it. I will watch over a season, or stop a show and pick it up again, because some of my FAVORITE shows have had sucky promos and rough starts. If they give me small bits of information before something airs, I like to speculate and see how accurate I am when it airs. I do this for new episodes, new tv shows, upcoming movies, sequels, books, everything. I'm saying this, because like you I don't like when people judge a show that's airing AND refuse to see it. For example, I don't think people should already be "refusing" to watch the Sam and Cat pilot. I've complained about it, but I'm excited to give it a chance. Sometimes it does fail...I was the one who was said, "C'mon guys! Watch the WHOLE Seddie arc and it might make sense later!" when it still failed to deliver. But it's nice to give things a try and be happy with what you're watching.

How To Rock is decent for a Nick show; I was just giving a "comparison" to iCarly. It's my go-to show for a Nickelodeon "good but lesser" show.

2. I really like Figure it Out, even though the host is kinda ehhh. I forgot to mention it, but I was thinking it when I mentioned they should bring back "Legend of the HIdden Temple".

3. I understand that. I've even argued that. I think iCarly's new ratings kind of suck, but they still make more money off of merchandise compared to other shows. Same with Victorious, plus they have the soundtrack/occasional concerts. Buckett and Skinner doesn't have anything. Not a lot of the people know the people in it besides Ashley Argota. They never had McDonald toys. They never had dolls. They don't even have a Nickelodeon album. I think one of them is a great singer, and I appreciate he does things on his own and not on a Nickelodeon record, but that's not going to make them money.

Also, I hope you know that when I say "This needs to be cancelled" I mean that I want it to be cancelled. Have you ever said something like "Glee needs to end already!" or "Why do the people of Jersey Shore get paid so much?? it needs to be off the air!" or "Why did they get rid of Arrested Development/The Amanda Show/Freaks and Geeks it needs to come backkk!!!". I know legitimate and reasonable answers to all of those questions. It's just my idea of a Nickelodeon network that I would like. I'm not giving Nickelodeon any groundbreaking advice. I don't know chiz about tv programming. It probably wouldn't be a wise decision to cancel every show on Nickelodeon and start fresh. It's just something I wish would happen. I just wanted to make that clear.

4. I was just saying that the people who dislike the style of either show shouldn't be getting TOO happy....because they will "live on" in future shows. I know plenty of people who don't like iCarly, but it's not like ending it will make it any better. They don't like Sam and Sam will still be here. But yes, of course there are people who want it to end because it's old (including me). They're usually fans though. I was responding to the person who was being happy that iCarly and Victorious was being cancelled.

Also, my rant sounds really hateful. I don't hate any of these shows. They aren't overexposed, so I don't have an issue with it. I can change the channel quite easily. I guess that's the problem....I don't hate Nickelodeon but I barely watch it regularly either. It used to be a network I really enjoyed. It's not even because I grew up, because I'll still watch "good" kiddie shows.

marcdragicevic

[167]Aug 25, 2012
    Remember, if you liked iCarly and Victorious; there will be a good chance you will like Sam and Cat.

BrookeParker

[168]Aug 25, 2012
    • level: 12
    You ALWAYS say shows suck?

marcdragicevic

[169]Aug 26, 2012
    Who exactly does?

MusicAddictBabe

[170]Aug 26, 2012
    Whoa, guys. I don't really wanna get in the middle of this...whatever it is...but, I mean, they're just shows. It's really not that big of a deal. And don't even point the gun at me for saying this because I'm just trying to stop this argument before it even starts.

I really need to start watching iCarly again. I haven't really watched Nick in a long time.

vanillacupcakes

[171]Aug 31, 2012
    • level: 16

BrookeParker wrote:
    You ALWAYS say shows suck?

Haha, only Nickelodeon shows. *shrug*

Also, "How to Rock" is cancelled. I'm not quite sure what Nickelodeon is doing at the moment with their canceling spree.

MusicAddictBabe

[172]Aug 31, 2012
    Seriously, though, what shows does Nickelodeon have anymore? (Not counting any that are being cancelled.)

teenj12

[173]Sep 1, 2012
    • level: 26
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Seriously, though, what shows does Nickelodeon have anymore? (Not counting any that are being cancelled.)

Big Time Rush, Fred, Super Ninjas, and House Of Anubis (When it airs from Jan-March every year) will be the remaining live action shows from the 2010-2012 era left on Nick, after the deaths of iCarly, Victorious, and How To Rock, this winter season.

Fireofnature

[174]Sep 1, 2012
    teenj12 wrote:
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

Big Time Rush, Fred, Super Ninjas, and House Of Anubis (When it airs from Jan-March every year) will be the remaining live action shows from the 2010-2012 era left on Nick, after the deaths of iCarly, Victorious, and How To Rock, this winter season.

Basically..............................nothing good at all

MusicAddictBabe

[175]Sep 2, 2012
    ^Agreed. Though, BTR isn't too terrible. Fred, on the other hand, is just plain ridiculous.

teenj12

[176]Sep 2, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

Basically..............................nothing good at all
    BTR is actually okay.

and House Of Anubis is AWESOME .

Fireofnature

[177]Sep 2, 2012
    I suppose I don't like BTR because it's another one of those annoying band shows or "wannabe famous" shows that litter Nick and Disney these days. Same reason I watched, but despised, Wizards of Waverly Place for its "look we have powers" concept. Is it too much to ask for a simple normal people television show that doesn't focus on either being famous, being part of a band, getting recognized, or having powers? Even iCarly, good as it was, was somewhat guilty of this to a degree with their webshow. At least they found a healthy balance, and that's what I liked about it, there was a balance and they weren't focused on trying to be popular/famous. They were focused on just hanging out and having fun, something that is missed in a lot of these shows.

Maybe these spinoffs coming out will give us that. It would be horrible if they turned out to be just another "let's be famous" show. I've lost a lot of faith in Nick over the years, more so for Disney sure, but both are *almost* equal.

teenj12

[178]Sep 2, 2012
    Your right FON. The plot of these spin-offs don't really sound too out of this world/stereotypical as most kid shows do these days. They might actually turn out to be really good, while especially keeping "Realistic" qualities.

pixarprincess

[179]Sep 2, 2012
    teenj12 wrote:
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:

Well, nothing left to say to that but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy-0ZwgeSvc

And to be fair on Disney channel's part, "Good Luck Charlie" is basically about a family and it's daily issues, so THAT's kinda realistic-ish.

Morso than double lives and magical powers, anyway. Or famous bands.

Fireofnature

[180]Sep 2, 2012
    I know, I actually love Good Luck Charlie. It's one of my favorite shows because of the feel of it. It reminds me of those old timey sitcoms, like "Full House" and "Cosby Show".