We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly has officially finished filming for the final time. 20th of June 2012.

MusicAddictBabe

[121]Aug 11, 2012
    • level: 18
    Aw, man, what a drag...so, unlike the rest of Dan's shows, this one's actually gonna be discontinued. Well, at least it's a show that doesn't go in chronological order (for the most part). So, there won't be any cliff-hangers or anything. But, still. What a bummer. It's sad that they couldn't have had a goodbye party altogether like the iCarly cast, though
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[122]Aug 11, 2012
    • level: 13
    Well I guess it explains the whole Sam and Cat thing

Still it sucks that Trina and Tori never got that sister episode. I really think they needed an episode for those two, to show like they have a sort of deeper connection than what they show on the show. I mean, as many times as Tori's friends insult Trina, and Tori just lets them or even joins in, that's got to hurt Trina somewhat that her own sister won't say "Okay guys, that's enough, it IS still my sister you're talking about." My brother would have done the same for me even though I annoyed the living crap out of him

MusicAddictBabe

[123]Aug 12, 2012
    Yeah, and as much as I don't really like either of them, I still agree. I mean, it would've been great to see their relationship grow as sisters. As it is now, all they act like are roommates...or in-laws...or I guess they do act like stereotypical sisters, but still. It would've been cool to see anyway. I mean, I don't like Trina and I know she has no talent, but if my sister told me that, I would feel a little betrayed. And as for Trina, if she was my sister and she acted the way she did, I would need to knock some unselfishness and maturity into her. Seriously. I would get pretty agitated with my parents if they made me celebrate my sister's birthday all week. But it's just a show and it's not supposed to matter so, yeah lol.

BrookeParker

[124]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 12
    Yeah, Trina gets on my nerves sometimes. When you said either of them, where you talking about Tori or her friends?

MusicAddictBabe

[125]Aug 12, 2012
    Tori.

teenj12

[126]Aug 12, 2012
    • level: 26
    Wow. I had doubt that Victorious would be seriously ended. I'm just shocked. I think the show got a lot better in Season 2-3.

Wow. Just shocking. I guess the iCarly/Victorious Era (2010-2012) has come to an end . I have faith that Dan's new shows will do just as good .

GULPJR

[129]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 5

Yeah I was talking about President ofNickelodeon! Not the United States! Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Fireofnature

[130]Aug 13, 2012
    Yeah, though in my opinion Spongebob is what led to the death of nick. The 90s were the best

vanillacupcakes

[131]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 16

Ohhh....the president of NICKELODEON. Not the US. Ohhhh. You make sense now. I definitely noticed a huge difference around that time. That explains it!

I'd normally agree, but the show doesn't really have to do with being famous or secret identities like Hannah Montana or WOWP. They don't sing, and they sort of have normal problems. Like, Freddie never kissing a girl is a "normal" problem. Hannah Montana having to deal with dating a movie star and Selena's character having to have a party with an Uncle who is really Shakira is a "famous problem/wizard problem" people can't relate to. I think you can definitely hate on iCarly for other reasons, but it isn't entirely a show about famous people. The time they made Miranda sing in that wedding episode did make me roll my eyes though. I like iCarly more than BTR because it's the closest to old school Nick sitcoms that we're going to get.

Their cartoons are definitely slacking. Even Spongebob sucks now. I'd say without Phineas and Ferb, Disney is slacking on their cartoons too. I just expect more from Nickelodeon since they had such great Nicktoons in the past. Now there's nothing left. Instead of relying on your "The 90s is All That" stuff, why don't you create new and original stuff that is just as good?? I heard the Penguins show is good, but they just got it off of Dreamworks. They need good Nicktoons! Oh I agree, they definitely need to cancel Fred. At least I don't see it on a lot. I would agree that they should cancel all of those shows you listed....but then the network would be non-existant. Like, aren't those ALL of the Nickelodeon shows? Haha.

Oh, and Victorious is cancelled too, so you can cross that show off your list.

Edited on 08/13/2012 12:43pm

georgiah24

[132]Aug 13, 2012
    • level: 2

hey i am georgia i come from great britain and i am new to tv.com so what should we talk about then

GULPJR

[133]Aug 14, 2012

SpongeBob was meant to end after the movie like the creator intended, but the newPresidentdemanded new episodes and she got new writers. That's why new SpongeBob sucks so bad and is nothing like the old one. And the only reason Disney Channel isn't experiencing massiveratingdrops like Nickelodeon is because the don't air as many reruns as Nick andthey'restarting to get animated shows back onto their schedule. Have you seen Gravity Falls? It'sliterallyone of the best animated shows to come out in 10 years!

georgiah24

[134]Aug 14, 2012

yh i know right

GULPJR

[135]Aug 14, 2012
    She's also the reason why the splat logo disappeared. Nickelodeon deserves their 30% drop. All I watch now is Spongebob, Cartoon Network, and Gravity Falls on Disney Channel. Nick needs to go back to their creator driven cartoons instead of horrible reboots like the Ninja Turtles, Dreamworks cartoons, and horrible computer animated cartoons like Fanboy and Chum Chum and Robot and Monster.

giggitysoe

[136]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 1
    Infact here's the President's name: Cyma Zarghami. Thanks to her Nickelodeon is ruined.

Fireofnature

[137]Aug 14, 2012
    The need a 90's kid in there XD. I don't know about Gravity Falls, to be honest. It looks strange and kind of eh...I tend to judge whatever comes out on Nick and Disney nowadays,

georgiah24

[138]Aug 14, 2012

what is teennick i cant find it is it new or something

GULPJR

[140]Aug 14, 2012
    http://www.avclub.com/articles/were-checking-back-into-gravity-falls-so-youd-bett,83679/

This review might change your mind about Gravity Falls, I swear you'll be hooked in after watching one episode.