We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly has officially finished filming for the final time. 20th of June 2012.

MusicAddictBabe

[141]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 18
    If you have regular cable, you can't get Teenick or Nicktoons, unfortunately.

By the way, just some more of my input on Victorious/iCarly ending. You know, I may have not been too fond of either lately (although, I mean, I guess Victorious wasn't so bad), but once they're both gone, I feel like Nickelodeon's gonna suck worse than what it was before. I'll be honest. I haven't watched Nick in a long time. So, I have no idea what's really on anymore.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BrookeParker

[142]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 12
    Wow.

BrookeParker

[143]Aug 14, 2012
    I love Sopngebob! I know it can be a bit much at times, but I love some the classic episodes. I know someone mentioned a 90s kid. I love some of the new ones as well.

vanillacupcakes

[144]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 16

Idk, the Gravity Falls review doesn't really make me want to see it. It seems similar to Adventure Time/Regular Show/Cartoon Network shows. I've never grown up watching CN and I still haven't, but I've heard they are good. I've always been more into sitcoms than cartoons, with the exception Nickelodeon and a few adult cartoons.

IA that ever since they changed writers after the Spongebob movie it seemed like a completely different series. They should have ended it with the movie and called it a day(it would wrap up the series nicely).

These are the animated series coming to Nickelodeon

1. Sanjay and Craig

Something about two rebellious best friends? I sort of have high hopes for this one, because the writers that did "The Adventures of Pete and Pete" (the best!) are producing this.

2. Monsters vs. Aliens

Based off of that movie I had free tickets to yet still didn't see. I'm sick of Nickelodeon using Dreamworks tv series. It'll probably be like the Barnyard and Kung Fu Panda ones that flopped. It probably won't be as good as the Penguin one(they are actually sort of marketable and amusing).

3. Some Nick Jr. show, I forgot what it was. Maybe there are 2 of them

4. Bad Seeds(not yet greenlighted though) is about a good bird hanging with a bad crowd.

This one has Spongebob alums as writers and the creator of Chowder. Even though I don't like that show, I think it has the potential to be good. I hope Nickelodeon will approve this one.

Overall, I think Nickelodeon can start to get their game back starting with those 2 cartoons. Plus, they still have Legend of Korra. It's probably Nick's most popular show now, which is good. iCarly and Victorious ending shouldn't be making people HAPPY if they hate it. Sam and Cat AND Gibby are going to replace those 2 shows. If you don't like iCarly, do you honestly think you'll like these two shows?? Unless they just hated Carly and Tori or something, then maybe. At least Gibby is going to be singing. I think it's great that Nickelodeon still has Dan Schneider. I think sitcom wise it is as close to old school Nick as they get. Like I said, I really think iCarly has the old school Nick humor. It's like a combination of stoner humor, innuendos, and bizarre/random stuff....yet still very family/kid oriented. He could go downhill with his writing, but I'm not going to judge yet. Wendell and Vinnie sounds like it's going to be really good for Nick @ Nite. They are improving their network, I think.

What they really need to do is get the people who do BTR to make a show more similar to Ned's Declassified again. They need Bucket and Skinner to be cancelled. The ratings for that show sucks. They need to stop trying to make How to Rock happen. I don't care if Master P or whatever wanted this for him and his daughter, sorry. She's not Lil' Romeo. They need to bring back Legends of the Hidden Temple and other game shows besides Figure it Out. They need more slime, maybe slimetime live or something. Keep Dan Schneider. Add a few more cartoons. Cancel Fanboy and Chum Chum(I thought it ended last year damnit). End Fairly Odd Parents and get those writers to make a new cartoon. Also, get them to advertise and air this chiz better. They should bring Amy Poehler back and make a new show, Parks&Rec and Amy is flawless. I never watched The Mighty B, but she would be great for Nickelodeon. [/dream for Nickelodeon.]

BTW, I watched 2 episodes of Jessie on Disney so I could understand the comparisons people make of this "babysitting" storyline and she SINGS. Badly. In the other episode, she wants to be an ACTRESS. What the heck? Come on now, Ariana and Jennette are talented and likable. Plus they aren't going to be always singing/being famous. If they were, at least they'll actually sound good and have a good song.

I was slamming the keys on the keyboard of my computer while typing this really long post. So much frustration lol.

GULPJR

[145]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 5
    How do you know if you don't like it if you've never seen it? Give it a chance. It judged the show too because it was on Disney Channel, but I was wrong. It's nothing like those shows on Cartoon Network though I love them both.

Fireofnature

[146]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 13
    I usually give a show the 3 episode rule before I judge it nowadays, and usually if the first episode interests me enough I'll see a second. If after 3 episodes it has intrigued me enough I'll give it a fairer shake to see if it will "Catch" me. (I also always say, a show is going to be good if it can inspire a fanfiction idea for me. A show is also determined good if it's good enough to make it onto my DVR list). I've seen one episode of that Gravity Falls, and I'm still honestly not sure about it. Ambivalent, if you will. I don't really like the drawing, but then, the drawing of most animated shows nowadays suck in comparison to the way shows used to be drawn in my day (the 90s). Frankly after one episode, Gravity Falls kind of reminds me of those hideous, god awful "Adventure Time" and "Flapjack" shows. In order for me to give it a chance to impress me, it needs to prove to me that it is nothing like shows like those two I've mentioned. The mystery aspect DOES intrigue me, however.

marcdragicevic

[147]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 21
    Still wondering when Nickelodeon will release a finale date.

nicknameless101

[148]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 25

BrookeParker wrote:
    I love Sopngebob! I know it can be a bit much at times, but I love some the classic episodes. I know someone mentioned a 90s kid. I love some of the new ones as well.
    Me too. I honestly can't see much of a difference between the older and newer episodes.

Fireofnature

[149]Aug 15, 2012
    marcdragicevic wrote:

Yeah, I mean it's already been said it was in November that the very final episode of iCarly would air, but I'm beginning to wonder how that'll work with we're getting so close to that time and there's still several new episodes left.

GULPJR

[150]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 5

Well I guess everyone has theiropinion. I find that art and characters are beautifully designed and that the animation is very smooth. Especially during the opening credits. It reminds me very much of the 90's. The only show I've seen nowadays with horrible animation is Fish Hooks and Johnny Test.

georgiah24

[151]Aug 15, 2012
    • level: 2
    hey thanks but would i not have it because of where i am cause live like in gb

vanillacupcakes

[152]Aug 15, 2012
    Oh, I'm not judging it(I did before it came out though, because I didn't like their animation). I saw one episode while I was babysitting and I thought the storyline was pretty good. I watched a clip somewhere and didn't care for it. I just meant that review in particular didn't catch my interest. There are so many cartoons that are supposedly good that I just haven't gotten around to because I watch too many sitcoms(any good show on CN, Danny Phantom, American Dad, etc). I'll post a review I think is cool. Idk I thought the easter egg hints were interesting.
    http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/06/gravity-falls-disney/

@georgiah: Internet. I don't watch tv often, especially during the school yr. I watch stuff online, and a lot of the international people do so they don't have to wait for episodes.

MusicAddictBabe

[153]Aug 15, 2012
    See, some of the new shows that are coming out sound pretty decent. The only one I'm not really thrilled about is the Monsters Vs. Aliens one. Don't get me wrong, the movie wasn't so bad. But I'm getting tired of all these animated movie spin-offs. The only one I've ever really liked is Jimmy Neutron. The rest are...eh...ok. Another thing is I don't particularly care too much for the shows on Cartoon Network anymore. I'm not even gonna judge the non-cartoon shows because I didn't really ever wanna watch a non-cartoon show on Cartoon Network in the first place. And my opinion of the network is that I feel like it's "growing up" with any of us 90's kids because a bunch of them are full of adult humor. Again, I can't judge a lot of it, though, because the only thing I've watched on CN lately is that Cartoon Planet hour block program thing that comes on every Friday (which kinda goes along with what I just said). As for the Disney Channel, I hardly ever watch it. I have nothing against it, I just have never watched it. Only when I was little.

Oh, and one thing I do have to say about Spongebob is that it wasn't such a bad show back in the day (along with Fairly Odd Parents). I really don't mind the old episodes. It's the new stuff I hate because they're definitely milking it now and you can tell.

BrookeParker

[154]Aug 15, 2012
    Just sayin, but I know some of us became teens during that time.

BrookeParker

[155]Aug 15, 2012
    I know I don't have to put this, but I figured yall saw my message(s).

marcdragicevic

[156]Aug 15, 2012
    Fireofnature wrote:
    marcdragicevic wrote:

Yeah, I mean it's already been said it was in November that the very final episode of iCarly would air, but I'm beginning to wonder how that'll work with we're getting so close to that time and there's still several new episodes left.

Nickelodeon ends up changing it's air dates fairly regular, it's not a smart move. They need to space out the new episodes by about 2 or 3 weeks; it's all over the place at the moment.

MusicAddictBabe

[157]Aug 16, 2012
    Well, hopefully when it comes out, I'll be able to see it seeing as I've missed almost every other episode this season. xP

vanillacupcakes

[158]Aug 17, 2012

marcdragicevic wrote:
    Nickelodeon ends up changing it's air dates fairly regular, it's not a smart move. They need to space out the new episodes by about 2 or 3 weeks; it's all over the place at the moment.

Yeah, unfortunately I doubt that will happen.

marcdragicevic

[159]Aug 17, 2012
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

marcdragicevic wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately I doubt that will happen.

Haha, I know. Most other networks tend to follow this schedule of 1 new episode every 1-2 weeks.

Fireofnature

[160]Aug 17, 2012

Yeah and Nick's sporadic with their new episodes. You might get one a week later, then the next will be three months down the line! Or they just do what they did last year, have them all surge into one month, then wait another several months before the next episode.

Quite frankly, it ticks me off

Edited on 08/17/2012 10:52am