We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Will iroh get a new voice actor or will they kill him off.

hakeemadams94

[1]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 3

I hope they don't kill him.He is my 2nd fav character from avatar.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

omichief

[2]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 7
    probly new voice

Eman5805

[3]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 14

there's a good number of gruff voiced old guys they could use to replace him...who's names i don't know but they'll find someone...Iroh is too vital to Zuko to completely remove him from the show..besides i'm sure they've finished this season already...its next season we'll know

dumbTVnut

[4]Aug 3, 2006
    They will make iroh???s voice by audio editing all of mako previous voice acting together??? and then they will kill Iroh off in the most gruesome way possible.

Breakflame

[5]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 8
    I'm with the "Iroh dying" guys on this one. Hell, I might have started that team. I've loved Iroh as a character, but I just think the show would be deeper with a death. Especially to a favorite character. Anybody watch Fullmetal Alchemist? Anybody laugh everytime Hughes came on the screen? Anybody shocked and awed by the fact that he dies, even though people loved his character? Anybody think that the show was better and deeper for it?

If you answered yes to all of those questions, then you are like me. Don't you feel special.

karatewolfpunk

[6]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 31
    I was wondering what they would do about Iroh.

neverbeenpinker

[7]Aug 3, 2006
    Breakflame wrote:
    I'm with the "Iroh dying" guys on this one. Hell, I might have started that team. I've loved Iroh as a character, but I just think the show would be deeper with a death.

a death? you mean like yue? zhao? azulon? gyatso? luten? katara's mother?

you mean like them?

yeah, death always makes a show deeper, but i think we've got enough to be going on with. you want to kill someone, go kill a smaller (but still important) character.

not iroh. he's too big. if they kill off as big of a character of iroh this early, they are going to be getting some weird looks from parents. and that's the last thing they want.

dumbTVnut

[8]Aug 3, 2006
    Major character death is a GOOD thing, not minor characters like those neverbeenpinker. Ever heard of a class of drama called "tragedies"? It high time kides learn the classics.

Breakflame

[9]Aug 3, 2006
    neverbeenpinker wrote:
    Breakflame wrote:
    I'm with the "Iroh dying" guys on this one. Hell, I might have started that team. I've loved Iroh as a character, but I just think the show would be deeper with a death.

a death? you mean like yue? zhao? azulon? gyatso? luten? katara's mother?

you mean like them?

yeah, death always makes a show deeper, but i think we've got enough to be going on with. you want to kill someone, go kill a smaller (but still important) character.

not iroh. he's too big. if they kill off as big of a character of iroh this early, they are going to be getting some weird looks from parents. and that's the last thing they want.

Yes, but of those characters, only one was a big part of the series(Zhao) and absolutely no one liked him. Killing a beloved character would shock and awe. And you'll personally want to see the killer get payback. It's a perfect hook for a show.

hakeemadams94

[10]Aug 3, 2006

Breakflame wrote:
    neverbeenpinker wrote:
    Breakflame wrote:
    a death? you mean like yue? zhao? azulon? gyatso? luten? katara's mother? you mean like them? yeah, death always makes a show deeper, but i think we've got enough to be going on with. you want to kill someone, go kill a smaller (but still important) character. not iroh. he's too big. if they kill off as big of a character of iroh this early, they are going to be getting some weird looks from parents. and that's the last thing they want.
    Yes, but of those characters, only one was a big part of the series(Zhao) and absolutely no one liked him. Killing a beloved character would shock and awe. And you'll personally want to see the killer get payback. It's a perfect hook for a show.

If azula kills him, zuko is going to?? rip apart.

qweasdzse

[11]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 10

No way they would use sound recordings for Iroh's voice he would sound like a gay robot. It would be better if they got a new voice. 3 reasons for Iroh to not die.

1. he's the best asian old guy ever in Nick.

2. If he dies zuko would just have mor to b*tch and moan about.

3.He's in the first episode. Kill Mai, Tylee, Azula or ****ing Toph for all I care not Iroh he's been around to long. Its as bad killing off Sokka.

Breakflame

[12]Aug 3, 2006
    qweasdzse wrote:

No way they would use sound recordings for Iroh's voice he would sound like a gay robot. It would be better if they got a new voice. 3 reasons for Iroh to not die.

3.He's in the first episode. Kill Mai, Tylee, Azula or ****ing Toph for all I care not Iroh he's been around to long. Its as bad killing off Sokka.

Yes, exactly. For all you CARE. If they kill someone off you like, then you'll want to see what happens to the killer. You want to see vengence. and you'll want to make sure that your other favorite characters stay alive. It's a hook.

Tboy_Dragon1

[13]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 9
    Its a hard desicion.
    In an acting position, i would say it is disrespectful to recast a deseased actor.
    In a voice acting, if you can get the voice VERY close to the original, itll be okay. However, i really hope that the voice is close to the old one. if they kill him off, Ill be so sad. he was the best character!

hakeemadams94

[14]Aug 3, 2006
    qweasdzse wrote:

Zuku doesn't bi*** alot.He said that in like one episode and people says he bit***

lynn138

[15]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 17
    I doubt they'll kill him off. Nick has this thing where characters in the shows aren't really supposed to die. Death isn't really big for them. They'll probably just replace his voice.

MasterToph

[16]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 9
    im neutrul

Breakflame

[17]Aug 3, 2006
    MasterToph wrote:
    im neutrul

Now learn to spell it correctly and you'll be perfect.

edmasterchaos

[18]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 41

if they kill iroh i hope they do it something like this

iroh: (zuko is near but partially knocked out) i will not let you do anything to zuko!

azula: blablaba you traitor blalbalba zuko is an idiot lbalbalblablabla (shoot lightning to iroh when he is distracted and this time kills him)

zuko: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! (checks if he is breathing) you.. you!!!

azula: it's your turn! (shoots some lightning at zuko but at slow motion)

zuko: (the lightning is still in slow motion and zuko is doing the lightning bending move iroh tought him) this is for you uncle (hits azula with the lightning)

azula: (in pain) why didnt you killed me you chicken

zuko: iroh tought me never to use my power to kill (or something like that, i hope its not to cheesy)

dumbTVnut

[19]Aug 3, 2006
    Can any prove that Nick has a no death to major characters rule for all its programing???

qweasdzse,

They used voice splicing for "The Crow", but I was thinking more South Park Cheif Dies episode.

edmasterchaos,

F that!, Have zuko kill her, or at least have her die right afterwards from something stupid brought on by her own supprise-attack-while-down.

Breakflame

[20]Aug 3, 2006
    I'm thinking more along the lines of death by Earthbender. Adds to the conflict of the Earthbenders vs Firebenders.it also makes it even harder for Zuko to choose his path. Which would make his character development even better than it already is.