We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Will iroh get a new voice actor or will they kill him off.

Colonel_Brian

[41]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 12
    That would be a shocker.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Gantros

[42]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 7
    dumbTVnut wrote:
    Gantros,

I thought of that idea before (it in a post somewhere on another one of those Mako has died threads) many were not please with it.

It may not be pleasant but it's a fact of life, and in the interest of the story it would strengthen Zuko's character, I think. At the same time, it would be a solemn honoring of Mako.

Colonel_Brian

[43]Aug 4, 2006
    How deep can Zuko get

dumbTVnut

[44]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 3
    yes it is a shocker taht I thought of something.

Basically in longer words they said something like "that awful, F#$% you" they could not grasp the tragic life jerking beauty and realistic meaning of it. They seemed to have this crazy idea that it was a kids show and kids could not handle it... Like kids don't have to handle death: pets and grandparents.

Colonel_Brian

[45]Aug 4, 2006
    Nick's pathetic why are they sheilding their veiwers from humanity were not immortal?? we have to face death Nick are just losers.

Breakflame

[46]Aug 4, 2006
    • level: 8
    dumbTVnut wrote:
    Gantros,

I thought of that idea before (it in a post somewhere on another one of those Mako has died threads) many were not please with it.

Because many come too attached to a character. I'll admit to becoming attached to a character that died (Maes Hughes, Fullmetal alchemist) and going WTF for a moment. But when I really looked at it, I found the show that much more awesome for it. I like the character of Iroh very much, and because of his near death experience with Azula and Zuko's dependence on him, I feel it would make Avatar that much better for it as well.

I would rather see an episode start with Zuko leaning over a grave, then we see a small flashback of what happened to Iroh. Then Aang or Azula or whoever supposed to take the spotlight in the episode do their thing and then have Zuko do what he's going to do at the end of the episode.

Breakflame

[47]Aug 4, 2006
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    Nick's pathetic why are they sheilding their veiwers from humanity were not immortal?? we have to face death Nick are just losers.

Avatar has done far from that. They have killed characters and mentioned Deaths. We're just talking about taking out a major character.

Colonel_Brian

[48]Aug 4, 2006
    Azula will take advantage of this loss and mess with Zuko's head.

Colonel_Brian

[49]Aug 4, 2006

Breakflame wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    Avatar has done far from that. They have killed characters and mentioned Deaths. We're just talking about taking out a major character.

I know that but I was trying to say Nick should be like Avatar and exploit certain themes.

dumbTVnut

[50]Aug 4, 2006
    Breakflame wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    Nick's pathetic why are they sheilding their veiwers from humanity were not immortal we have to face death Nick are just losers.

And what wrong with taking out a major character?

Colonel_Brian

[51]Aug 4, 2006
    I don't think theres anything wrong but I fear what Nick would say after it's shown.

dumbTVnut

[52]Aug 4, 2006
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    I don't think theres anything wrong but I fear what Nick would say after it's shown.

What do you think Avatar could go the way of R&S or Invader Zim?

Colonel_Brian

[53]Aug 4, 2006
    Nick might think that showing death on screen is a bad idea and there overprotective.

dumbTVnut

[54]Aug 4, 2006
    But would the creators stand up for them self???s (like R&S and Invader Zim did) and get canceled? Would nick cancel avatar over it? Or do you think avatar???s creators lack the balls?

Breakflame

[55]Aug 4, 2006
    dumbTVnut wrote:
    Breakflame wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    Nick's pathetic why are they sheilding their veiwers from humanity were not immortal we have to face death Nick are just losers.

Have you listened to nothing I've said? I WANT them to take out a major character. and Iroh is the perfect choice

dumbTVnut

[56]Aug 4, 2006
    and that why I'm asking what is wrong with it, try to think like they do and you see the problems.

Colonel_Brian

[57]Aug 4, 2006

Breakflame wrote:
    dumbTVnut wrote:
    Breakflame wrote:
    Colonel_Brian wrote:
    Have you listened to nothing I've said? I WANT them to take out a major character. and Iroh is the perfect choice

I'm begaining to question DumbTvnut.

Breakflame

[58]Aug 4, 2006

dumbTVnut wrote:
    and that why I'm asking what is wrong with it, try to think like they do and you see the problems.
    I have thought like that. I see all four sides of the situation. My side, the rabid fan side, the nick side, and the Avatar side.

My side(which I consider the regular fan of the show side) says that Iroh should be taken off for some great storyline reasons, plus Mako's death.

The Rabid fans side don't want Iroh to die, But there really isn't much they can do about it. If they're that rabid then they'll still watch the show.

The Nick side are probably fuming over the two character deaths already(Yue and Zhao). Plus they're probably getting ragged on by overly concerned parents.

The Avatar creator side seems like one focused on telling a story and telling it right. They'd probably do anything just to tell the story they intended to tell. If they want to kill Iroh, they'll kill Iroh. If Nick won't have it, I'm sure that the Avatar creators will have multiple other networks vying for such a successful show. If the Rabid fans won't have it, who cares? they'll still watch the show and more regular fans, like me, will be drawn in by such plot development.

So I see all the sides, and I see that more than likely, if Iroh's supposed to die, He's gonna die.

Edited on 08/04/2006 10:33pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Colonel_Brian

[59]Aug 4, 2006
    Brillaint Breakflame just brialliant!

Anmoranalina

[60]Aug 5, 2006
    • level: 32
    DarkPaladin1000 wrote:
    Breakflame wrote:
    Anmoranalina wrote:
    hakeemadams94 wrote:

I hope they don't kill him.He is my 2nd fav character from avatar.

I don't think they gonna kill him, cuz the first two episodes of the avatar Aang's voice changed two times by two different guys, but we didn't realize change, did we? So, I think they are gonna find someone with Iroh old voice.

Ain't the point. Least not for me. I believe they were gonna kill him anyway.

yeah, me too

They still need to talk about the time he went to the spirit world and a few other things, but that can be cleared up before the end of season 2, I think he will die in the last episode and leave a cliff hanger

Ok, maybe they will kill him, but not because of the voice achtor - because he supposed to die. And I don't think Zuko will die, I think he'll get what he wants, but... We'll see.