We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

What do you expect from the NYCC? (Make a list of questions!)

What are you expecting?

[61]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 9

i cant wait till february!!!

cngflsngllgfgafdjgsdjhg[afdhsio

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bl0ndi3girl18

[62]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 9

ME EITHER!
    KMH*(&IH&%^*%^*R&YJHB&^%TUKT%^!!!!!

isabelwhatx

[63]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 14
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:

ME EITHER!
    KMH*(&IH&%^*%^*R&YJHB&^%TUKT%^!!!!!

WOOT 4 FEBRAURY! )(#&*%)(#!!!

Maylene

[64]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 13

WiseLad: Where did it say that Suki and June arm wrestling was a cut out scene from the finale. They were supposed to arm wrestle? I didn't find this. That would have been so neat. But where was this stated?

My questions are:

Is that it for Azula? A mental health facility? She's just stuck there? (As you can tell I wasn't satisfied with Azula's ending). Does she still have her bending or did Aang take it away?

(And seriously, how is it that she's the only one who was able to attain Blue fire? I mean they said in the commentary that her flames burn more intensely than the others--but what of her father?)

Is Spiritbending/Energybending reversible? Could Aang one day change his mind and say, "Hey you can have your bending back." XDD I know he probably wouldn't, especially if it's Ozai--but just wondering.

And is it surprising I'm not all that into Ursa's wherabouts? I mean I care, and I want to know--but not that badly.

isabelwhatx

[65]Sep 5, 2008
    "Is that it for Azula? A mental health facility? She's just stuck there? (As you can tell I wasn't satisfied with Azula's ending). Does she still have her bending or did Aang take it away? "

Aang did not take away her bending. Aang, in fact, didn't even associate with Azula the entire finale.

"Is Spiritbending/Energybending reversible? Could Aang one day change his mind and say, "Hey you can have your bending back." XDD I know he probably wouldn't, especially if it's Ozai--but just wondering. "

I actually like that question. If Aang can take away something, why can't he give someone something? Maybe he can allow people like Katara to have more than one bending power, or give people like Sokka the bending of their choice. Very cool idea.

kratosgod69

[66]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 11
    I dont think he can give people more powere, I think he can only take it away. And I also got that spiritbending was meant to be used sparingly with the possible risks that came with it.
    As well, Aang could have easily been asked by Zuko to take away post-comet.

isabelwhatx

[67]Sep 5, 2008
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    I dont think he can give people more powere, I think he can only take it away. And I also got that spiritbending was meant to be used sparingly with the possible risks that came with it.
    As well, Aang could have easily been asked by Zuko to take away post-comet.

But if he can change someone, why can't he add things instead of taking them away? I mean, he's bending someone's soul, not taking away their power. So, he's not just limited to taking away their power. At least, I think. It's a debatable subject and I want a straight answer from Bryke.

kratosgod69

[68]Sep 5, 2008
    But you cant add whats not there. He cant simply create energy and give it to people. Transferring energy might be possible, but I think only to non-benders.

isabelwhatx

[69]Sep 5, 2008
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    But you cant add whats not there. He cant simply create energy and give it to people. Transferring energy might be possible, but I think only to non-benders.

Where does the energy go that he takes, then? And he's not taking energy, he's taking away a gift. An ability. Something like that can be given just as easily as taken.

kratosgod69

[70]Sep 5, 2008
    In Sozins comet, Aang breathed out a large amount of light after he took away Ozai's bending. I got that he was 'spitting out' Ozai's energy.

isabelwhatx

[71]Sep 5, 2008
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    In Sozins comet, Aang breathed out a large amount of light after he took away Ozai's bending. I got that he was 'spitting out' Ozai's energy.

I guess you could perceive it that way. I took it more as a sign that Ozai just didn't have any power and Aang did.

Maylene

[72]Sep 5, 2008
    When I asked about Spiritbending, I meant if Aang chose do to so, could he give Ozai back his bending? I highly doubt he can give Katara another element to bend (Bryke already said the Avatar and only the Avatar has the power to bend more than one element); or that non-benders can suddenly become benders.

And how do you know that Aang didn't take Azula's bending away from her? There's a thing called: off-screen action.

Just b'cuz we didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Sorta like with Ursa--people can debate that Ozai knows where she is or not; or that Zuko got a good answer cuz the next scene we see him in, his quite happy, so the news of his mother couldn't have been that depressing.

isabelwhatx

[73]Sep 5, 2008
    "When I asked about Spiritbending, I meant if Aang chose do to so, could he give Ozai back his bending? I highly doubt he can give Katara another element to bend (Bryke already said the Avatar and only the Avatar has the power to bend more than one element); or that non-benders can suddenly become benders."

Oh, I know you didn't imply that, I was just thinking about it. A stray thought, if you will

"And how do you know that Aang didn't take Azula's bending away from her? There's a thing called: off-screen action."

I don't think Aang would do that unless absolutely neccessary. Azula has been through tons of pain already. Taking away her bending would be just heartless. Aang doesn't have a reason to take away Azula's bending.

Axrendale

[74]Sep 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    I think Aang can only take bending away from people that he feels he can do so with in good conscience. After people saw how messed up Azula was, she no doubt began recieving just the tinest smidgeon of sympathy from everyone.

Maylene

[75]Sep 5, 2008
    I absolutely agree that if Aang took away Azula's bending it would be heartless, and frankly I don't want her to lose her bending--it's just that people have pointed out that with her bending Azula's a danger to herself. Her mind isn't in the right place, and she may try hurting those who try to help her in the mental health facility.

I guess I just need confirmation ^^; the same way people need to be confirmed that Ursa is alive and that she does reunite with Zuko.

KingofSpades209

[76]Sep 7, 2008

It seems that February isn't that far away but its really 20 weeks away. It is also the same day as the superbowl though.

I expect for a confirmation for mini-episodes.

isabelwhatx

[77]Sep 8, 2008
    Pshaw, February is almost here. But Bryke has NEVER addressed the poster that got leaked. Why would they now?

PsychoPass

[78]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Pshaw, February is almost here. But Bryke has NEVER addressed the poster that got leaked. Why would they now?

Because they care about the mental health of their fans? ;p I do believe somebody asked them at a past NYCC about said mini-episodes/movies and they said they had never heard anything about them. It was an interview from either ASN or Dongbufeng but it was a while ago so... I have no idea. That's why we need to hear something about them; we have no idea if the proposal is real or not.

isabelwhatx

[79]Sep 8, 2008
    PsychoPass wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

Because they care about the mental health of their fans? ;p I do believe somebody asked them at a past NYCC about said mini-episodes/movies and they said they had never heard anything about them. It was an interview from either ASN or Dongbufeng but it was a while ago so... I have no idea. That's why we need to hear something about them; we have no idea if the proposal is real or not.

But this poster has been around since the beginning of time. Why didn't they address it at the SDCC? I hope they do, but I honestly don't think Bryke will acknowledge the poster.

gilvatar

[80]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 17
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    PsychoPass wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

But this poster has been around since the beginning of time. Why didn't they address it at the SDCC? I hope they do, but I honestly don't think Bryke will acknowledge the poster.
    really? I saw the poster after SDCC, but of course I was on vacation then...idk. But i bet if someone asks, they'll answer.