We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

What do you expect from the NYCC? (Make a list of questions!)

What are you expecting?

isabelwhatx

[81]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 14
    gilvatar wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    PsychoPass wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Pshaw, February is almost here. But Bryke has NEVER addressed the poster that got leaked. Why would they now?

Because they care about the mental health of their fans? ;p I do believe somebody asked them at a past NYCC about said mini-episodes/movies and they said they had never heard anything about them. It was an interview from either ASN or Dongbufeng but it was a while ago so... I have no idea. That's why we need to hear something about them; we have no idea if the proposal is real or not.

But this poster has been around since the beginning of time. Why didn't they address it at the SDCC? I hope they do, but I honestly don't think Bryke will acknowledge the poster.
    really? I saw the poster after SDCC, but of course I was on vacation then...idk. But i bet if someone asks, they'll answer.

The posters were around way before SDCC. I don't understand why we haven't gotten our answer about the mini-episodes yet. There are two explanations:

1. There will be no mini-episodes and Bryke thinks it's obvious this rumor is false.

2. Bryke is waiting to release the news (or, at least, Nick is making him).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gilvatar

[82]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 17
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    PsychoPass wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Pshaw, February is almost here. But Bryke has NEVER addressed the poster that got leaked. Why would they now?

Because they care about the mental health of their fans? ;p I do believe somebody asked them at a past NYCC about said mini-episodes/movies and they said they had never heard anything about them. It was an interview from either ASN or Dongbufeng but it was a while ago so... I have no idea. That's why we need to hear something about them; we have no idea if the proposal is real or not.

But this poster has been around since the beginning of time. Why didn't they address it at the SDCC? I hope they do, but I honestly don't think Bryke will acknowledge the poster.
    really? I saw the poster after SDCC, but of course I was on vacation then...idk. But i bet if someone asks, they'll answer.

The posters were around way before SDCC. I don't understand why we haven't gotten our answer about the mini-episodes yet. There are two explanations:

1. There will be no mini-episodes and Bryke thinks it's obvious this rumor is false.

2. Bryke is waiting to release the news (or, at least, Nick is making him).
    the poster said fall 2009.

isabelwhatx

[83]Sep 8, 2008
    It wasn't made then. How do you explain that we can see it right now if it said Fall 2009?

Axrendale

[84]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 10
    Nickeloddeon have always been notorious for sitting on information about Avatar that they actually hold until almost the last minute. Think about what happened with the final few episodes. The last half of Season 3 was finished months before it came out, but did Nick ever so much as give us the tiniest hint as to when the episodes would be airing? No. We didn't get a definite confirmation for the air dates until about a month or so prior

isabelwhatx

[85]Sep 8, 2008
    I don't think would be as stupid now. Or, at least, I hope. Avatar has proved to be a worthy adversary to some of the best TV shows EVER AIRED. Avatar fandom is slowly dying out. They've got to use something to bring it back, and THAT would be the key. I think that if they haven't used it yet it won't be used at all.

Axrendale

[86]Sep 8, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:
    I don't think would be as stupid now. Or, at least, I hope. Avatar has proved to be a worthy adversary to some of the best TV shows EVER AIRED. Avatar fandom is slowly dying out. They've got to use something to bring it back, and THAT would be the key. I think that if they haven't used it yet it won't be used at all.

I'm never going to get tired of saying this

The fandom isn't dying, they're going into hibernation. On the surface they no longer worship Avatar at every available opportunity, but the instant new Avatar manifests itself, the slumbering inner-avatards will awaken from their dormancy and come back with a vengance

isabelwhatx

[87]Sep 8, 2008
    I would hope so. But, although I agree with your hibernation theory, Nick has no idea what you're talking about. As far as they can tell, Avatar fandom has died. Partially, at least. They were desperate enough to bring back Avatar to post a commercial of the MMO on their TV station. That's HUGE for them. I think that if given the chance they would promote the mini-series as much as possible. Well, at least promote it a LITTLE bit.

Axrendale

[88]Sep 8, 2008
    I think Nick will be willing to cut Avatar's ratings a little bit of slack. This isn't the first time something like this has happened - during the 9 month hiatus between B2 and B3, I presume that Avatar declined quite a bit as far as the numbers went. But as soon as B3 started airing, everyone came rushing back

isabelwhatx

[89]Sep 8, 2008
    I hope you're right and that they're hiding the mini-episodes. I wouldn't put it past Nick to advertise them days before they come out *COUGH The 2nd half of the third season COUGH*

Axrendale

[90]Sep 8, 2008
    In any case, Avatar's fandom should endure. Just because the internet community is not quite as active as it used to be doesn't mean the rest of the fandom has slowed down too much. People continue to watch Avatar for the first time, and become hooked The DVDs keep selling, doing fairly well. The MMO will help too. And even if all of this ceases (which it won't) the Shyamalan movies are set in stone, and I have 100% faith that they will bring Avatar back, and take it to a whole new level

gilvatar

[91]Sep 8, 2008
    btw izzy, I ment the poster said the miniseries or w/e it is is coming in 2009. I agree w/ Ax's hibernatng thing. I hibernated the second I got home from school. lol.

isabelwhatx

[92]Sep 8, 2008
    Oh, I have no doubt Avatar will thrive on. But, for the moment, it's pretty much dead. In a few months, most likely because of the NYCC, Avatar will be in full fledged Avatard mode. I don't think Nick realizes that, though, which is why I thought they might have released the mini-episode information by now.

bl0ndi3girl18

[93]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    I hope you're right and that they're hiding the mini-episodes. I wouldn't put it past Nick to advertise them days before they come out *COUGH The 2nd half of the third season COUGH*

haha yeah then they would probably air them back to back just to get them out of the way like they did with the 2nd half of book 3

isabelwhatx

[94]Sep 8, 2008
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    haha yeah then they would probably air them back to back just to get them out of the way like they did with the 2nd half of book 3
    That was practically an insult. Those were good episodes, and Nick treated them like bombs that were about to explode.
    Edited on 09/08/2008 2:36pm

gilvatar

[95]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Oh, I have no doubt Avatar will thrive on. But, for the moment, it's pretty much dead. In a few months, most likely because of the NYCC, Avatar will be in full fledged Avatard mode. I don't think Nick realizes that, though, which is why I thought they might have released the mini-episode information by now.
    Oh you know nick, they like to surprise us with omething we already knew.

bl0ndi3girl18

[96]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    That was practically an insult. Those were good episodes, and Nick treated them like bombs that were about to explode.
    i know! some of the best episodes in the entire series. I was very disappointed when they decided to show them all in 1 week..

Axrendale

[97]Sep 8, 2008
    Still, you have to admit, a full week of Avatar was the definition of awsome
    Edited on 09/08/2008 2:53pm

isabelwhatx

[98]Sep 8, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

It was awesome, but I wished they would've spread it out. We barely had time to analyze

bl0ndi3girl18

[99]Sep 8, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:
    It was awesome, but I wished they would've spread it out. We barely had time to analyze
    yes it was awesome. But i would have rather it been every friday night like the old days!

isabelwhatx

[100]Sep 8, 2008
    Does anyone think they'll release the casting to the movie earlier than the NYCC?