We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

What do you expect from the NYCC? (Make a list of questions!)

What are you expecting?

gilvatar

[21]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 17
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    I am so all alone in my new series hope
    That's fine. I was all alone in my love for Urskoda. (I prayed for this ship ever since Ursa was introduced. It's eeven in my fic. I thought up the betrothal necklace & everything.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bl0ndi3girl18

[22]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 9
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    I am so all alone in my new series hope

I hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope for a new Avatar Series
    is that enough hope for you?

kratosgod69

[23]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 11
    MY POSTS IZ IGNORED
    So I dont get TOS'd....

isabelwhatx

[24]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 14
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    Probably because Im kind of indifferent to the thought of a new series... A series in the past would feel boring and a future story would feel like it was basically recycling Aang's. To clear up my past series statement I think a mini-series would be good for a past avatar, but an entire series I dont think I could stomach.

It won't be ignored any longer I think that, if done correctly, the new series could be fabulous. A popular idea around here is the creation of the Avatar. Surprisingly, some people have had great, new, original ideas for another series. If we can think up something, I'm sure Bryke can.

kratosgod69

[25]Sep 3, 2008
    The problem with past stories is that we all know where it leads. Seeing the seeds of corruption planted in the Dai Li would be interesting for a mini-series or a tie-in novel but for an entire series would be asking too much. Even the first avatar wont have much story to tell, aside from the circumstances in which they were conceived.

isabelwhatx

[26]Sep 3, 2008
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    The problem with past stories is that we all know where it leads. Seeing the seeds of corruption planted in the Dai Li would be interesting for a mini-series or a tie-in novel but for an entire series would be asking too much. Even the first avatar wont have much story to tell, aside from the circumstances in which they were conceived.

It would tell a very large story if you think about it. First the creation of such a being. Then, the discovery about it and learning to harness its power. THEN, the epic battle this Avatar has to face.

gilvatar

[27]Sep 3, 2008
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    I think we all know how the 1st avatar was concived

isabelwhatx

[28]Sep 3, 2008
    gilvatar wrote:
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    I think we all know how the 1st avatar was concived
    I don't I don't! Tell me.
    Edited on 09/03/2008 3:51pm

kratosgod69

[29]Sep 3, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    kratosgod69 wrote:

It would tell a very large story if you think about it. First the creation of such a being. Then, the discovery about it and learning to harness its power. THEN, the epic battle this Avatar has to face.
    Well it would have to be quite a while after all the elements have been discovered.... That's something I don't quite understand about the timeline... Bending has clearly been around for hundreds of years, possibly thousands, but they're just discovering things like bloodbending and metalbending now? I mean, I'm sure they were discovered prior to the series, but all of the gaang acts if theyve only seen them recently, although you also have to consider all but Aang have been isolated their entire lives, and even Aang was frozen during their lives... hmm... Seems I've steered off in a totally different direction then I intended...

gilvatar

[30]Sep 3, 2008
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    kratosgod69 wrote:

Well it would have to be quite a while after all the elements have been discovered.... That's something I don't quite understand about the timeline... Bending has clearly been around for hundreds of years, possibly thousands, but they're just discovering things like bloodbending and metalbending now? I mean, I'm sure they were discovered prior to the series, but all of the gaang acts if theyve only seen them recently, although you also have to consider all but Aang have been isolated their entire lives, and even Aang was frozen during their lives... hmm... Seems I've steered off in a totally different direction then I intended...
    Well, chocolate & peanut butter have been around for a while but it took a while for someone to discover the reeses cup.

isabelwhatx

[31]Sep 3, 2008
    kratosgod69 wrote:
    Well it would have to be quite a while after all the elements have been discovered.... That's something I don't quite understand about the timeline... Bending has clearly been around for hundreds of years, possibly thousands, but they're just discovering things like bloodbending and metalbending now? I mean, I'm sure they were discovered prior to the series, but all of the gaang acts if theyve only seen them recently

I'm sure they were discovered before, but not really released to the public. Hamma never told anyone except Katara about her blood bending, and Toph doesn't exactly flaunt it around.

sonjayRJskillz

[32]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 5

Hmmm...I think it will be something about the live action movie. Its not a bad thing, I would like to hear more about it, but it would be better to get some info on a new series or something. I'm game for anything avatar at this point.

BTW

Anyone who is going to NYCC...YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!

isabelwhatx

[33]Sep 3, 2008
    sonjayRJskillz wrote:

Hmmm...I think it will be something about the live action movie. Its not a bad thing, I would like to hear more about it, but it would be better to get some info on a new series or something. I'm game for anything avatar at this point.

BTW

I'M GOING I'M GOING I'M GOING! WOOTWOOTWOOT! I'm so excited!!!! EEEEEK. Is anyone else going?

sonjayRJskillz

[34]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 5
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    sonjayRJskillz wrote:

BTW

I'M GOING I'M GOING I'M GOING! WOOTWOOTWOOT! I'm so excited!!!! EEEEEK. Is anyone else going?

THANK YOU! I know you will ask good questions...way better then those losers at SDCC.

I wish I was going...but can't

Stuff happening...

FrigginGodess

[35]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 22
    sonjayRJskillz wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    sonjayRJskillz wrote:

BTW

THANK YOU! I know you will ask good questions...way better then those losers at SDCC.

I wish I was going...but can't

Stuff happening...

Me too. Besidees, I went to one comic con, and it was HARD!

isabelwhatx

[36]Sep 3, 2008
    Oh, can you guys make a list of questions on here for me to attempt to ask? ATTEMPT to ask. I'll bite and shove and kick as much as possible, but it might be impossible to get a question in.

FrigginGodess

[37]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 22
    Well, the most obvious is that

IS AVatar gonna be a sequal?!

isabelwhatx

[38]Sep 3, 2008
    You mean will there be a sequel? Not in the sense that the gAang will be continued. If there is one then it will include a different time period with different characters. Epiccc.

kratosgod69

[39]Sep 3, 2008

I think a better question is why Zuko's grandfather was about 20 before Aang was born.

isabelwhatx

[40]Sep 4, 2008
    Is anyone else attending?