We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

What do you expect from the NYCC? (Make a list of questions!)

What are you expecting?

gilvatar

[101]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 17
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:
    Still, you have to admit, a full week of Avatar was the definition of awsome
    It was awesome, but I wished they would've spread it out. We barely had time to analyze
    yes it was awesome. But i would have rather it been every friday night like the old days!
    YEah, I had to work 2 of those nights too. Luckily it was the two that leaked from Canada or wherever and I already saw them. But still, they never showed them again and now I may never get ot see The Firebending Masters in the glory of the tv screan again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

isabelwhatx

[102]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 14
    gilvatar wrote:
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:
    It was awesome, but I wished they would've spread it out. We barely had time to analyze
    yes it was awesome. But i would have rather it been every friday night like the old days!
    YEah, I had to work 2 of those nights too. Luckily it was the two that leaked from Canada or wherever and I already saw them. But still, they never showed them again and now I may never get ot see The Firebending Masters in the glory of the tv screan again.

They're reairing the entire third season this fall

Axrendale

[103]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 10

gilvatar wrote:
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

For me, I had seen WAT, TFM, and TBR all on DVD, long, long before Nick ever aired them. But I watched them again anyway

isabelwhatx

[104]Sep 8, 2008
    I missed WAT because I thought they were airing at 8:30 instead of 8:00. But I had already checked it out on youtube

KingofSpades209

[105]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 11

isabelwhatx wrote:
    Does anyone think they'll release the casting to the movie earlier than the NYCC?
    I think that they will talk about it but not introduce the cast of the movie

bl0ndi3girl18

[106]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

really???!!
    i think they should start from Book 1 though and reair the entire series!

isabelwhatx

[107]Sep 8, 2008
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    bl0ndi3girl18 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

really???!!
    i think they should start from Book 1 though and reair the entire series!

Don't we all...

Axrendale

[108]Sep 8, 2008
    I think that Nick will air the entire series again, or perhaps just the first season, when the Shyamalan movie comes out. Every time a movie comes out that is based on a book, the book is usually re-published with a flashy new cover, and a series of pages halfway through with pictures from the movie. Likewise, I expect that Avatar will be brought back.

Maylene

[109]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 13
    Axrendale wrote:
    I think that Nick will air the entire series again, or perhaps just the first season, when the Shyamalan movie comes out. Every time a movie comes out that is based on a book, the book is usually re-published with a flashy new cover, and a series of pages halfway through with pictures from the movie. Likewise, I expect that Avatar will be brought back.

I see them doing a marathon of it. Like airing the entire show the week before the movie comes out. Or the days before it. Sorta like the CountDown to the Comet thingy...except they can't air the movie on television. XD

I don't know...

gilvatar

[110]Sep 10, 2008
    Maylene wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

I see them doing a marathon of it. Like airing the entire show the week before the movie comes out. Or the days before it. Sorta like the CountDown to the Comet thingy...except they can't air the movie on television. XD

I don't know...
    nah, it would cut into their sponge bob time

isabelwhatx

[111]Sep 10, 2008
    What happens if Bryke announces the new series won't be taking place period?! Who else will cry?

gilvatar

[112]Sep 10, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    What happens if Bryke announces the new series won't be taking place period?! Who else will cry?
    Me!!

isabelwhatx

[113]Sep 10, 2008
    gilvatar wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Me!!

If they do that I will CURSE AND SCREAM AND KICK AND GAH.

[114]Sep 10, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:

ME! but i dont think the creators are that stupid to not continue avatar. if they didnt make a new series...all they are doing is...well...not making more money!!!

Axrendale

[115]Sep 10, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:

I seriously doubt that they will openly deny it. They may avoid the subject, but they will definitely want to keep their options open for the future.

bl0ndi3girl18

[116]Sep 10, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    gilvatar wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Me!!

If they do that I will CURSE AND SCREAM AND KICK AND GAH.

I WILL CRY TO! I think you should throw a tantrum right in front on them! haha

Im2Good

[117]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 6
    Whens the NYCC supposed to be anyway?

[118]Sep 10, 2008

Im2Good wrote:
    Whens the NYCC supposed to be anyway?

february

isabelwhatx

[119]Sep 10, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

I seriously doubt that they will openly deny it. They may avoid the subject, but they will definitely want to keep their options open for the future.

Oh, I know they won't deny that. Even if they aren't planning on continuing the series, it's a horrible business move. But it just keeps popping into my head OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Axrendale

[120]Sep 10, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

Oh, I know they won't deny that. Even if they aren't planning on continuing the series, it's a horrible business move. But it just keeps popping into my head OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Bryke will no more say that Avatar is finished forever than George Lucas said Star Wars was finished forever back when the original trilogy was coming out. Back then, George had no intention of ever continuing the series, incidently. Several years later however, he changed his mind, and was grateful that he had never actually said he would never go back to Star Wars. The result was episodes I, II, and III. And more than one hundred novels, dozens of video games, etc, etc.

Even when people say they're done with stuff, they usually stick with it. When you've found the perfect thing, why get rid of it?