We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Season Three Speculation II

Neroshadow

[81]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 14
    That helps.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

picketposter14

[82]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 8
    the_mental_teen wrote:

People have been talking about a new multi-epi villain coming, but when if "The Painted Lady" is her and not Suki! H3ll, some bounty hunter name or nickname, lol, just a guess.

More on the new villain, I hope it isn't another Firebender, because I think Azula and Zuko are enough, let's get a Ozai-loyal Waterbender here!

Eww. No.
    WATERBENDERS ARE PEACEFUL!

Eman5805

[83]Mar 22, 2007

Kinto??and Avatar Kuruk aren't??peaceful. Kinto(yeah I know he's a trading card character and not canon) would mess with the water in your stomach to make you sick and Kuruk spent alot of time challenging strangers to Agni Kai's and to fights or whatever. I wouldn't mind seeing an evil Waterbender. Of course we have the Firebenders and Long Feng killed Jet. All that leaves is a Waterbender to decide to give Aang(or maybe just Katara) hell...

TVMaster10

[84]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 4
    lightbender15 wrote:
    TVMaster10 wrote:
    picketposter14 wrote:
    nyfan wrote:
    momothelemur wrote:
    I'll say what a few other people have said, that while Toph is stubborn and opinionated (I don't mean that in a bad way) she hasn't told the GAang anything really about her life before she ran away. She??doesn't talk about herself much. Oh, she also hasn't told them that her father didn't let her go with them, and that she had to run away.

That is exactly what I meant. She keeps to herself when it comes to her past, and her family.

I wonder if we'll ever hear/see Xin Fu and Master Yu again...
    If thats the trend then she didnt tell or lied about the reason they saw her "running" towards that wall thingy.?? Girl needs to learn trust people more.

Maybe that's what Episode 2 of Season 3, The Headband, will be about. It could be about her headband and its significance in her life or something. Or it could just be a metaphor relating to Toph. Maybe we would learn more background on Toph in that, since the first few episodes seem to focus on character development.

God I hope so.

picketposter14

[85]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 8
    Eman5805 wrote:

Kinto??and Avatar Kuruk aren't??peaceful. Kinto(yeah I know he's a trading card character and not canon) would mess with the water in your stomach to make you sick and Kuruk spent alot of time challenging strangers to Agni Kai's and to fights or whatever. I wouldn't mind seeing an evil Waterbender. Of course we have the Firebenders and Long Feng killed Jet. All that leaves is a Waterbender to decide to give Aang(or maybe just Katara) hell...

But... but... WATER TRIBE IS MY FAVORITE

Besides, there was Pakku, who ended up giving Katara hell.

Eman5805

[86]Mar 22, 2007

You wanna talk about favorite nations and not wanting something negative attached to it? The last line of the 2nd season "The Earth Kingdom...has fallen" was said by the??Earth King his self,??and I'm the guy rockin' the "Earth Kingdom is Forever" sig...

But, that's aight. Can't keep an Earthbender down for long.

merdok2005

[88]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 19
    the creators have confirmed Jet is dead I repeat jet is dead.

Eman5805

[90]Mar 22, 2007

merdok2005 wrote:
    the creators have confirmed Jet is dead I repeat jet is dead.

About two or three pages too late.

clearwater04

[91]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 10
    So do you think its true that its not starting in april?

clearwater04

[92]Mar 22, 2007
    And no it hasn't been proven whether he's dead or not until its on the show so don't put up propaganda

clearwater04

[93]Mar 22, 2007
    The only character ??that have died in season 3 was Aang but he??only flatlined and was??brought back with the spirirt oasis water

clearwater04

[95]Mar 22, 2007
    pooldude256 wrote:
    Ok I am starting a new thread for season 3 speculation because I felt the other thread had too many off-topic posts. Please only post in this thread if you have opinions/theories about season 3, not to tell how your day was or what you're doing next weekend. This forum is for Avatar: The Last Airbender discussion, with the exception of the Off-topic thread (where all non-Avatar related posts should be placed). Please help keep it that way.

Here's some of the stuff we know so far about season 3:

Episode 3.01: The Awakening
    Episode 3.02: The Headband
    Episode 3.03: The Painted Lady
    Episode 3.04: Sokka's Master
    Episode 3.05: The Beach
    • The characters will get new hair/outfits this season
    • In the Fire Nation propaganda is everywhere

Season is likely to premiere in the fall of 2007, though no official date has been released at this time. Please do not post here or make new threads asking about when the season will premiere, because nobody knows for sure at this point.
    if nobody knows and you don't like when people say things then practice what yu preach
    Edited on 03/22/2007 7:50pm

Eman5805

[96]Mar 22, 2007

clearwater04 wrote:
    And no it hasn't been proven whether he's dead or not until its on the show so don't put up propaganda

No no no, you have it all wrong, you want proof? Here's proof:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Avatar To End With Battle

The creators of Nickelodeon's Avatar: The Last Airbender animated fantasy series told SCI FI Wire that the third set of episodes will end with an epic battle that will please the fans.

"The current Avatar story will culminate in an epic battle between Aang and the Fire Lord at the end of book three," co-creator Mike DiMartino said in an interview. "Book three is all mapped out, and much of it is written. We're excited about it, and we know the fans will be, too!"

All 20 episodes of the animated series' first season are available in a DVD box set, and the second volume, subtitled Earth???Volume 1, has just been released on DVD. The new set features commentary from the voice cast and DiMartino and co-creator Bryan Konietzko.

The story follows Aang, a 12-year-old powerful "Avatar," who wants to be a regular kid but is called upon to help fight the vicious Fire Nation. He is joined by Katara, a girl known as a Waterbender, and her stubborn brother, Sokka, as well as a flying lemur and flying bison.

The creators intended Avatar to be both whimsical and edgy. "Bryan and I wanted to create a show that had a lot of heart and integrity, and we wanted to create a show that we would like to watch," DiMartino said. "Like Aang trying to balance the four elements, we try to balance comedy, action, drama and spirituality in every episode so there is something for everyone. Also, there is a message of balance that is pervasive throughout the series: characters trying to balance their lives."

DiMartino said that he and Konietzko love "serious and dramatic stories and believe you can do that without shocking violence." For example, the episode "Lake Laogai" deals with the nefarious Long Feng, who brainwashes Jet and eventually kills him???not the usual stuff of children's shows. Such dark moments are "written and directed in a very tasteful and dramatic way, where it's clear what's going on without having to show gratuitous violence," DiMartino said. "And we are always careful to balance the serious moments with humorous ones." ???Mike Szymanski

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=40634&type=0

Edit: I'll bold the part about Jet.

Edited on 03/22/2007 7:52pm

Princess_Sasuke

[97]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 7
    the_mental_teen wrote:

People have been talking about a new multi-epi villain coming, but when if "The Painted Lady" is her and not Suki! H3ll, some bounty hunter name or nickname, lol, just a guess.

More on the new villain, I hope it isn't another Firebender, because I think Azula and Zuko are enough, let's get a Ozai-loyal Waterbender here!

0.0 Dude, that just made me think! (And you all know how hard that is for me! JK, JK) What if JUN is the new multi-episode villian?? Makes sense! (And I know those 2-3 JunxZuko shippers out there are happy)

Princess_Sasuke

[99]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 7

bag10 wrote:
    Stoh

Okay newb. I'll bite. What. The. F*ck?

TVMaster10

[100]Mar 22, 2007
    • level: 4
    clearwater04 wrote:
    He is DEAD. The Gaang may not know it but he is.