We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Official Season Three Speculation II

Luxmee_aqua

[5601]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 1

Hello,

I don't know about thefirst few paragraphs but about the part where Aang teaches the new avatar Air-Bending - it just can't happen. See, the current avatar has to die first for the next avatar to be born.

I have a theory about the air benders... I'll refine it first then I'll post it here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

[5602]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 7
    Proximity42 wrote:

Hey everyone hows it going.

I was recently watching the Season 2 boxset of Avatar and I think I have a theory on the season 3 outcome. I have a feeling Azula will be the main villian by the end of the season. After watching "Zuko Alone" I'm starting to think that Lord Ozai is just extremely loyal to his country.

When he was talking about taking over instead of Iroh, He never said Iroh was weak or an unfit ruler, just that his bloodline had ended which made Ozai a better choice to keep the royal family in power (i'm assuming that their bloodline had been ruling for a while). He also used the line "use me" which made it seem less like a grab at power and more at doing what was right for the Fire Nation.

I'm starting to think that by the end of season 3, we will learn that Ozai is just a loyalist to only his country and thats why he did the things he did (to Zuko and the war). I also think he will have a last minute change of heart about his ways and thats where Azula steps in. She would go crazy after hearing her father change sides and then murder him and try to succeed as the FN ruler.

I also had a cool idea for Season 4 while watching season 2. I think in Season 4 they should make it 100 years later. It would be cool to see the changes in the world and how much of an affectAang had on the world after that long. He could also have a cameo apearance as the current Avatars Airbendingmaster. The first few episodes could show him finishing his training by learning Air (We've alreadyseen Aang learn the others so no need to show them) and could be about him traveling the world going on different adventures and meeting new people as well as maybe relatives from old characters.

not a bad theory seeing as Azula gets knocked off a throne in the trailer the only thing i dont see happenin is Ozai changing heart..tho i can see Azula possibly stepping in somehow

Luxmee_aqua

[5603]Oct 15, 2007

Theory about the new Air Benders:

In the Episode 'The Guru', guru Patik said that all the nations was actually one. Therefore I have this theory that Bending is not in the genes. i.e. If someone is born in the Earth kingdom it doesn't mean that (if he is going to be a bender) he is going to be an Earth bender. I think that he/she has a chance to become a Fire, Air or Water bender. But of course he/she will be able to bend only one material. Therefore I have a dream.

I have dreamt this day that there will come a day when an air bender (or several air benders) will be born thus re-creating the air benders nomads. And this will happen only and only when Aang restores the balance in the world. i.e. every nation is at peace.

If you look at it this way: One fire-bender girl falls in love with a water bender guy they get married and have children what will their child be fire or water bender? and if you continue along this line you will see my logic.

Edited on 10/15/2007 4:25am

Dragon_Of_West

[5605]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 2
    Proximity42 wrote:

I was recently watching the Season 2 boxset of Avatar and I think I have a theory on the season 3 outcome. I have a feeling Azula will be the main villian by the end of the season. After watching "Zuko Alone" I'm starting to think that Lord Ozai is just extremely loyal to his country.

When he was talking about taking over instead of Iroh, He never said Iroh was weak or an unfit ruler, just that his bloodline had ended which made Ozai a better choice to keep the royal family in power (i'm assuming that their bloodline had been ruling for a while). He also used the line "use me" which made it seem less like a grab at power and more at doing what was right for the Fire Nation.

I'm starting to think that by the end of season 3, we will learn that Ozai is just a loyalist to only his country and thats why he did the things he did (to Zuko and the war). I also think he will have a last minute change of heart about his ways and thats where Azula steps in. She would go crazy after hearing her father change sides and then murder him and try to succeed as the FN ruler.

I also had a cool idea for Season 4 while watching season 2. I think in Season 4 they should make it 100 years later. It would be cool to see the changes in the world and how much of an affectAang had on the world after that long. He could also have a cameo apearance as the current Avatars Airbendingmaster. The first few episodes could show him finishing his training by learning Air (We've alreadyseen Aang learn the others so no need to show them) and could be about him traveling the world going on different adventures and meeting new people as well as maybe relatives from old characters.

here comes another (the other one being Zuko) interesting redemption theory about a villain that would be pictured as fan-girl interest worthy. It is interesting that Ozai redemption theories were non-existent till his face was hidden Anyways, the fact remains that Zuko, Ozai and Azula are villains of the story and probably will remain so. I think there is as much a chance of Ozai refining his ways as Azula does. And Zuko's redemption chances are not that great either - the way he has discarded and bad-mouthed his uncle - who stood by him during his worst times. That is why he is a villain. I really think Ozai will not get much screen time and would not be a formidable villain, as Azula or Zuko would be. Granted Aang would have his work cut out beating Ozai in the final battle, but unless Ozai gets screentime, like Azula did in season 2, you would not appreciate him as a villain. All in all, I think the directors of the show highlighted the wrong things (like Zuko's humanity), and after doing that - they did not follow up on it. Season 2 end was about Zuko making his choice - and for the wrong side. Season 3 saw Zuko betraying his uncle literally and trying to use him again to his own benefit - to track the Avatar again !!! Then he goes ahead and hires an assassin to hunt for Aang. All in all, I think Zuko being redeemable is becoming less believable as the episodes go by. And also - Ozai would run out of episodes to make an impact as a worthwhile character. The directors will have their work cut out to not make this seem an abrupt end to the season.

Proximity42

[5606]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 4

Man I can't believe I forgot about Aang not being able to be alive in order for the next avatar to exist. d'oh!

I also don't think Zuko will have much a redemption. I picture him taking a lightening shot from azula which was directed at Aang and dieing saving the Avatar. Thats of course after Zuko watches his uncle die at the hands of Ozai (for being a traitor to his country)

Proximity42

[5607]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 4
    Also, my Ozai redemption idea came after revisiting old episodes from season 2. Im kinda offended by the fan girl remark since im not a girl :/

diamond428

[5608]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 3

HOPEFULLY in the avatar and the firelord zuko will be coming to a realization about how he and aang's lives are somewhat connected and will finally get some sense knocked into his stupid head im guessing this is their "shared past" ?

esquisofrenic

[5609]Oct 15, 2007
    • level: 18
    diamond428 wrote:

HOPEFULLY in the avatar and the firelord zuko will be coming to a realization about how he and aang's lives are somewhat connected and will finally get some sense knocked into his stupid head im guessing this is their "shared past" ?

yea his grandgrandfather knew avatar roku but how he killed him

Dragon_Of_West

[5610]Oct 16, 2007
    Proximity42 wrote:
    Also, my Ozai redemption idea came after revisiting old episodes from season 2. Im kinda offended by the fan girl remark since im not a girl :/

I apologize. I am sorry I offended you.

It was a good theory. But somehow I dont see him getting much airtime.

shorterthanme

[5611]Oct 16, 2007
    Princess_Sasuke wrote:
    Terribly mean, I know, but I'd rather it be Iroh.
    you will burn for that Iroh is the best.

momothelemur

[5612]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 13
    Dragon_Of_West wrote:
    Proximity42 wrote:

here comes another (the other one being Zuko) interesting redemption theory about a villain that would be pictured as fan-girl interest worthy. It is interesting that Ozai redemption theories were non-existent till his face was hidden Anyways, the fact remains that Zuko, Ozai and Azula are villains of the story and probably will remain so. I think there is as much a chance of Ozai refining his ways as Azula does. And Zuko's redemption chances are not that great either - the way he has discarded and bad-mouthed his uncle - who stood by him during his worst times. That is why he is a villain. I really think Ozai will not get much screen time and would not be a formidable villain, as Azula or Zuko would be. Granted Aang would have his work cut out beating Ozai in the final battle, but unless Ozai gets screentime, like Azula did in season 2, you would not appreciate him as a villain. All in all, I think the directors of the show highlighted the wrong things (like Zuko's humanity), and after doing that - they did not follow up on it. Season 2 end was about Zuko making his choice - and for the wrong side. Season 3 saw Zuko betraying his uncle literally and trying to use him again to his own benefit - to track the Avatar again !!! Then he goes ahead and hires an assassin to hunt for Aang. All in all, I think Zuko being redeemable is becoming less believable as the episodes go by. And also - Ozai would run out of episodes to make an impact as a worthwhile character. The directors will have their work cut out to not make this seem an abrupt end to the season.

Some people take for granted that Zuko will redeem himself and fight with the Gaang, but it'd be very interesting if he didn't. Zuko and Aang's stories have been paralleled since Season One, and it'd be a fitting end for Aang to have to battle Zuko. My theory is that Ozai dies (probably by Azula's hands) and Zuko, being the eldest and a male, will rule the Fire Nation. Besides, Azula and Zuko are formidable fighters when they're fighting against other people.

esquisofrenic

[5614]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 18
    momothelemur wrote:
    Dragon_Of_West wrote:
    Proximity42 wrote:

Some people take for granted that Zuko will redeem himself and fight with the Gaang, but it'd be very interesting if he didn't. Zuko and Aang's stories have been paralleled since Season One, and it'd be a fitting end for Aang to have to battle Zuko. My theory is that Ozai dies (probably by Azula's hands) and Zuko, being the eldest and a male, will rule the Fire Nation. Besides, Azula and Zuko are formidable fighters when they're fighting against other people.

zuko for me n have face to be a killer or a leader i'm talking of kand of leader like hitler that can made mass of people to attack inocent zuko is not that way of leader

sqevans

[5615]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 5
    Here's my theory of the second half of Season 3:
    At the conclusion of Day of Black Sun, Episode 3-10, Aang & Co. are captured! (And you thought things were bad at the finale of Crossroads of Destiny!)
    In the next episode, Aang discovers he's a spirit in the Spirit World. He escaped his body, and then Hei Bai hid Aang's physical body (like he did with Sokka and the villagers). But there's trouble in the Spirit World, and by the time Aang gets back to the physical world and reunites with his body, things have changed.
    To save everyone with them, plus prevent the Fire Nation from invading the North Pole & South Pole water tribes, Katara, princess of the South Pole water tribe, had to make a deal and enter into a political marriage of convenience, a marriage to Prince Zuko!
    So Aang gets back and rescues everyone, but he has to leave Katara behind.
    Much Aangst ensues. Anyway, Aang has to get it together to beat the Fire Lord before Sozin's comet returns, while Katara learns Zuko's not such a bad guy.
    Then, near the finale, Katara discovers Azula is plotting against Zuko or Ozai, but before she can tell anyone, Azula attacks her and there's a big fire vs. water battle. Katara disappears. Azula then might convince Zuko that Aang was behind her diappearance.
    So more battles, Zuko vs. Aang, Azula vs. whoever, culminating in the epic conclusion Ozai vs. Aang, Katara returns, the fate/destiny of Zuko, etc.
    I doubt if it'll happen.
    But it would give the fans what they want.

Dragon_Of_West

[5616]Oct 17, 2007
    I just noticed the names of episode 6 and 7. 6- The Avatar and the FireLord
    7- The Runaway

It seems like Ozai might get to know about Aang being alive in episode 6 of Season 3 ? If that is the case, the Runaway could be Zuko. Or Iroh for that matter.

Also - it seems like the season ends with the Western Air Temple !!! That is interesting. This happens after the "Day of Black Sun - part 2: The Eclipse". Will the fight get extended to the western air temple episode or is it just wrapping up loose ends ?

Dragon_Of_West

[5617]Oct 17, 2007
    sqevans wrote:
    Here's my theory of the second half of Season 3: At the conclusion of Day of Black Sun, Episode 3-10, Aang & Co. are captured! (And you thought things were bad at the finale of Crossroads of Destiny!) In the next episode, Aang discovers he's a spirit in the Spirit World. He escaped his body, and then Hei Bai hid Aang's physical body (like he did with Sokka and the villagers). But there's trouble in the Spirit World, and by the time Aang gets back to the physical world and reunites with his body, things have changed. To save everyone with them, plus prevent the Fire Nation from invading the North Pole & South Pole water tribes, Katara, princess of the South Pole water tribe, had to make a deal and enter into a political marriage of convenience, a marriage to Prince Zuko! So Aang gets back and rescues everyone, but he has to leave Katara behind. Much Aangst ensues. Anyway, Aang has to get it together to beat the Fire Lord before Sozin's comet returns, while Katara learns Zuko's not such a bad guy. Then, near the finale, Katara discovers Azula is plotting against Zuko or Ozai, but before she can tell anyone, Azula attacks her and there's a big fire vs. water battle. Katara disappears. Azula then might convince Zuko that Aang was behind her diappearance. So more battles, Zuko vs. Aang, Azula vs. whoever, culminating in the epic conclusion Ozai vs. Aang, Katara returns, the fate/destiny of Zuko, etc. I doubt if it'll happen. But it would give the fans what they want.
    Wow - nice soap right there ! good imagination - but guess not as the whole series (with the current characters) end on episode "3-11: The Western Air Temple"

MarryLarry

[5618]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 11

Dragon_Of_West wrote:
    I just noticed the names of episode 6 and 7. 6- The Avatar and the FireLord 7- The Runaway It seems like Ozai might get to know about Aang being alive in episode 6 of Season 3 ? If that is the case, the Runaway could be Zuko. Or Iroh for that matter. Also - it seems like the season ends with the Western Air Temple !!! That is interesting. This happens after the "Day of Black Sun - part 2: The Eclipse". Will the fight get extended to the western air temple episode or is it just wrapping up loose ends ?

sigh. AFL is a flashback about Roku and Sozin. There was a video clip.

And this season has 20 episodes like every season it's just that only the eppie titles up to WAT have been revealed.

gummiqueen

[5619]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 6
    I just had a thought (no wai!!! ). The summary for this season on itunes or something said that Aang and Zuko find out about their shared past, which is probably Ruko and Suzon (sp?) being friends turned enemies yadayadyada. It would make sense (to me anyway) that at the end of "The Beach," Zuko would desert the FN, what with him breaking up with Mai (and I'm not saying that as a Zutarian. I can't stand that girl ever since I saw REturn to Omashu), and (possibly in the next episode) run into the gaang. Aang and Zuko find out about past and he joins or something. This probably won't happen, but it's speculation. *eats a marshmellow*??

sqevans

[5620]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 5
    Dragon_Of_West wrote:
    sqevans wrote:
    Here's my theory of the second half of Season 3: At the conclusion of Day of Black Sun, Episode 3-10, Aang & Co. are captured! (And you thought things were bad at the finale of Crossroads of Destiny!) In the next episode, Aang discovers he's a spirit in the Spirit World. He escaped his body, and then Hei Bai hid Aang's physical body (like he did with Sokka and the villagers). But there's trouble in the Spirit World, and by the time Aang gets back to the physical world and reunites with his body, things have changed. To save everyone with them, plus prevent the Fire Nation from invading the North Pole & South Pole water tribes, Katara, princess of the South Pole water tribe, had to make a deal and enter into a political marriage of convenience, a marriage to Prince Zuko! So Aang gets back and rescues everyone, but he has to leave Katara behind. Much Aangst ensues. Anyway, Aang has to get it together to beat the Fire Lord before Sozin's comet returns, while Katara learns Zuko's not such a bad guy. Then, near the finale, Katara discovers Azula is plotting against Zuko or Ozai, but before she can tell anyone, Azula attacks her and there's a big fire vs. water battle. Katara disappears. Azula then might convince Zuko that Aang was behind her diappearance. So more battles, Zuko vs. Aang, Azula vs. whoever, culminating in the epic conclusion Ozai vs. Aang, Katara returns, the fate/destiny of Zuko, etc. I doubt if it'll happen. But it would give the fans what they want.
    Wow - nice soap right there ! good imagination - but guess not as the whole series (with the current characters) end on episode "3-11: The Western Air Temple"

I didn't check the current episode list. I only had up to Episode 10.
    So it's the same thing, except they're captured at the end of 3-11 (Day of Black Sun Part 2, The Eclipse).
    Epsode 12 is The Western Air Temple, which could be anything
    (but probably the place they escape to).