We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Four Nations War RPG (EARTH KINGDOM turn and postions still available)

Who Will Win

ross93

[1]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 14

hi guys for thoes who dont know me im Ross93 and i feel that the RPG should come back here aswell as the refuge.

The Teams:

Fire Nation:

Dragon Emperor: Spazdog (as Azula)

(Admiral (CL): Aaronofhearts (as Iroh)

General: (military consultant): Axrendale (as Firelord Sozin)

Crown Prince:Flashheat (as Zuko)

Rouge Assasain:

Earth Kingdom:

Earth King (L):libraman_92 (as Sokka?)

Grand Secretariat (advisor):-TheSecondSign-

King of Omashu: isabelwhatx (as Bumi and CL)

Head of the Co5:

Water Tribe:

Chieftain of NTW (L): EmoHaruno

Chieftain of STW (CL): Water78

Chieftain of ST: Water78

Spirit: FireLordZuko93 (as YUE)

Swamp Mystic:

Air Nomads:

Head Monk - NAT (L):FrigginGodess (as Mikuru)

Head Monk - SAT (CL):KingofSpades209

Head Monk - EAT:

Guru: Count_Dracula08

Avatar: Note that these titles and characters remain subject to change at all time.

NATION STATUS UPDATE:

Fire Nation:

Troops: 12,000

Air Nomads:

Troops: 14,750

Water Tribes:

Troops: 19,000

Earth Kingdom:

Troops: 19,000

RULES

The underlying idea of this game is fairly simple: there are four nations, and each nation has a number of soldiers. You post what you would like your soldiers to do (eg: a typical post might say that 4500 soldiers are dispatched to attack *insert place being attack here* using *insert tactics here*), and once this has been done, the judge of the battles (known as "the Avatar") will decide the outcome of the battle. The game is turn based - following the Avatar cycle (Water, Earth, Fire, Air) as the order of the nations moves. Based completely on the world of Avatar, the winner is the person who can destroy all their rivals, and rule the entire world!

So that is the main idea. Now onto the details:

Here are some fairly general changes that have been pushed through:

- Each Nation will have four positions - one ruler, a chief lieutenant, and 2 others.

- Each Nation will start off with 15,000 soldiers.

- The Leader will be in effective command of the soldiers, however, he/she can grant commands to the other players on their team.

At the end of each turn cycle (so after all four nations have made their moves), there will be a brief interlude as each team seeks new recruits. Nations who during their turn won a battle against another nation will be able to use that victory as propaganda, and so will recieve more troops than nations who have not won a battle. nations who have won a battle that gained them new land (eg: they invaded another nation and took over part of it), will also be able to use captured loot to offer rewards to their soldiers in addition to the propeganda, and as such will recieve the most recruits of all (note - it has to be territory taken from somebody else - re-capturing land that was taken from you previously does not count. At the opposite end of the spectrum, if a nation loses a battle in it's turn, then it's citizens will become disheartened, and the nation will recieve fewer recruits. If a nation not only loses the battle, but also loses part of it's homeland territory, then in addition to the disheartenment of the people, it is assumed that there will be fewer people to recruit from, and so there will be far fewer recruits than normal.
    In a basic summary of this system:

Battle won, new territory gained = Much more recruits than normal.

Battle won, no new territory gained = More recruits than normal.

No battles / battles that were a draw/stalemate = Normal amount of recruits.

Battle lost, no homeland territory lost = Fewer recruits than normal.

Battle lost, homeland territory lost = Far fewer recruits than normal.

This new system is designed to encourage people to be far more aggressive than they were in the last game - attacking people doesn't cost you troops - if you win you gain troops.

- Technologies and types of soldiers:

At the start of the game, each nation can only use the Technology that that nation has been seen to use in the show. As the game goes on however, nations may come up with new technologies, and types of soldiers.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

You cannot make an attack on another nation in the same move where you are developing your technology.

- New technolgies and types of soldiers are allowed to be invented, but they have to consist of things seen in the show - no completely new ideas. You can combine old ideas in new, interesting ways (for example, the earth Kingdom could theoretically mount soldiers on Badger Moles, and the Fire Nation could theoretically use the cannons from TSR on it's warships), but you can't make up something completely new. Alos important - the measure that we're going to be using for whether something is "god-modded", is whether such a thing could have occured in the show. So no flying sandbenders.

- Nations in search of technology do not necessarily have to invent it themselves - it is allowed for Nations to trade technology with eachother, for certain favors. For example, the leader of the Fire Nation might agree to trade Tank Technology with the water Tribe in return for Submarine Technology. In another scenario, if the Fire Nation invaded the Air Nomad territory, the Air Nomads could offer glider technology in return for the Fire nation leaving them alone. In another scenario, the Fire Nation could offer drill technology to the Water Tribes, and in return, the Water Tribes would have to attack the earth Kingdom. It is important to note that these agreements are binding - if the Water Tribe took the Fire Nation's technology, it would be obligated to uphold it's agreement and attack the EK. After the agreement had been fulfilled, it could do whatever it wanted.

- A note on Diplomacy:

Basically, the rule here is simple - whatever you post in the actual thread is binding. As such, all forms of alliance and promises that are made here must be upheld. Things said in pms do not count. As an example, if the leader of the Fire Nation sent a pm to the leader of the Water Tribes suggesting that they attack the Air Nomads together, it would mean nothing - it woudd not become concrete until both of them had posted their intentions in the thread. On the subject of this obvious reference to the last effectual move of the old game; I cannot stress enough: THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO CAN MOVE A NATIONS SOLDIERS ARE THE PLAYERS FROM THAT NATION. So to continue with the example above, even if the leader of the Fire Nation had made clear tha he/she wanted to attack the AN with the help of the WT, nothing would happen until he/she had made a post on the thread saying that the FN troops would be making said move. So basically, pms have no effective standing on the game. There is only one exception in this: pms to Foxhole7 - those are binding. Hope that clears things up.

- Battles features:

Once two forces (or more, potentially) come into contact with eachother, the battle starts. The attacker makes a post in which he/she describes the strategies and tactics they will be using, and points out any factors that they think will alter the battle in their favor (eg; their soldiers are veterans, or are attacking down a hill). Once they have done so, it is expected that everyone stop posting until the Avatar arrives and decides what the outcome of the battle is.

A few things to note about this:

• The defender is not allowed to make a post of their own describing strategies or factors. At the end of each turn, a player must post a list of the strategies that their armies will be using if they are attacked - those are what is used for the defender.

• These will not be fights to the death. It is assumed that once it is clear that one side will lose, the general of that army orders a retreat. this means that a defeated army is unlikely to lose more than 1/4 of it's men - perhaps 1/2 in a truly extreme battle. The average loss for the victorious army will probably be about 10% (a rough estimate). The exception to this rule is sieges - an army defending a city/fortress will have no way to run away and will probably be wiped out (unless they surrender).

• Surrender is an option in this game - if a player (the defender) feels their army is sure to lose, they can surrender. If this happens, then they place themselves at the mercy of their conqueror. If he/she wants, the victor can choose to ignore the surrender and wipe them out completely, sustaining no losses in doing. However, if they choose to do this, their people will be disgusted at this dishonorable behavior, and as a result the recruitment bonus they would normally have gotten for a victory is cancelled - the victor recieves only an ordinary amount of soldiers at the next recruitment interval. Since this means the enemy loose a large proportion of soldiers though, this can still be a viable tactic. If on the other hand, the victor chooses to act honorably, then the prisoners are allowed to return to their nation, which loses no troops. As a reward for their honorable behavior however, the victor will recieve a monumental bonus at the next recruitment interval.

Here is the previous game, for some examples of how this is played (remember, we have now adopted the changes described above):

Previous RPG

(^^ For this one, after reading the first page, skip forward 10 pages or so to the start of the game).

IMPORTANT CHANGE:

And now, for one of the biggest changes of all in this game, and one that I am sure may spark some controversy, nevertheless, it has been decided upon:

As participants in the previous game will be aware, over time, a number of players got into the habit of utilizing characters from the actual show in the game. I propose that we actually expand on this. For this game, every player will adopt the name and personality of one of the characters from the show. The idea is to try and act, behave, and speak exactly as that person would were they in your shoes.

This is a hypothetical scenario - the characters you adopt will be in whatever position you wish (for example, Toph will probably end up ruling the Earth Kingdom, Azula the Fire Nation, etc).

And last, but certainly not least:

The Avatar:

Myself Ross93 is the judge of this game. my word is basically law.

final note i hope Axrendale dosnt kill me for copying his rules and everything because its an effective system and i think it works ok. so in that id like to thank Axrendale.

Edited on 12/12/2008 4:02pm
    Edited 25 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

isabelwhatx

[2]Oct 9, 2008
    I'M QUEEN OF THE EARTH KINGDOM! Except I want to be Bumi... -_-

So Bumi will be a tranny

Spazdog

[3]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 7

I want to be Azula, even though I am a guy

Fire nation rules

Edited on 10/09/2008 10:34am
    Edited 2 total times.

Spazdog

[4]Oct 9, 2008
    edit: just call me Firelord Azula XD

FireLordZuko93

[5]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 12
    O gosh, are we going this AGAIN?! Ah well, I'll be in the WT again
    Only this time, i think i'll stick to a female character that's accually in the WT....Yue!! With her awesome moon spirit powers!

EmoHaruno

[6]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 11
    Hmm Ross...I guess its only fair.
    I'll be WT again. Except I'll be SWAMP TRIBEEE -hugs forgotten Swamp Tribe-

Spazdog

[7]Oct 9, 2008
    damn it so it now going to be dragon emperor Azula

Water78

[8]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 47
    if this one last i want to be Chieftain of ST WATER TRIBE!

EmoHaruno

[9]Oct 9, 2008
    Water78 wrote:
    if this one last i want to be Chieftain of ST WATER TRIBE!

Um no. Swamp tribes MINE.
    It was originally mine in the first one, and its mine for the last one!

Axrendale

[10]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 10
    *emerges from the shadows*

Axrendale

[11]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 10

I, Axrendale, do give my blessing to this RPG, provided that my acknowledgment in the first post is made much bigger and more colorful, and mentions that the entire set of rules was effectively my sole creation, and that I was the originator of both the original TV.com RPG (this is the 4th RPG tital, and the 3rd on TV.com)

Yes, this is blatent, utter egotism speaking.

ross93

[12]Oct 9, 2008
    ok Water78 would you like to be the swamp mystic?

isabelwhatx

[13]Oct 9, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

I, Axrendale, do give my blessing to this RPG, provided that my acknowledgment in the first post is made much bigger and more colorful, and mentions that the entire set of rules was effectively my sole creation, and that I was the originator of both the original TV.com RPG (this is the 4th RPG tital, and the 3rd on TV.com)

Like usual Ouch, burn, ouch. I just can't pass up playing another one of these. They're too fun

Spazdog

[14]Oct 9, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

Like usual Ouch, burn, ouch. I just can't pass up playing another one of these. They're too fun

QFT

ross93

[15]Oct 9, 2008
    hey guys i need more publicity so can u guys tell other people if they are interested in joining and the first move is gonna be made by the Water Tribe the Earth Kingdom then Fire Nation and Air Nomads (i.e the avatar cycle)

EmoHaruno

[16]Oct 11, 2008
    ross93 wrote:
    hey guys i need more publicity so can u guys tell other people if they are interested in joining and the first move is gonna be made by the Water Tribe the Earth Kingdom then Fire Nation and Air Nomads (i.e the avatar cycle)

Okay, you can give water the swamp tribe and I'll take NWT and be the leader. Again

ross93

[17]Oct 11, 2008
    EmoHaruno wrote:
    ross93 wrote:
    Okay, you can give water the swamp tribe and I'll take NWT and be the leader. Again
    ok cool and dont forget that you can play as a character
    Edited on 10/11/2008 8:36pm

Spazdog

[18]Oct 11, 2008
    so when we start, any specific date or are we just waiting til every slot is filled.?

ross93

[19]Oct 11, 2008
    Spazdog wrote:
    so when we start, any specific date or are we just waiting til every slot is filled.?
    im waiting for atleast 1 or 2 people in each nation then i guess we can start

KingofSpades209

[20]Oct 12, 2008

The link to the old RPG doesn't work for me. Is there another link?