We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar: The Legend of Korra News

JandSman

[561]Aug 19, 2010
    • level: 32
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Yeah, but the Avatar being with a non-bender would be interesting, since the Avatar masters all four and a non-bender can't bend all that.
    yeah it would be interesting i think Korra could end up with the one that looks like Sokka i think Meelo i could definetly see that happen it would be odd though that Korra (Aang) fell in love with Sokka's grandson ( i think it would be his grandson).
    my theory is that Korra is allso a Sukka by product so I dont want that
    Possibly but if Korra isn't related to Katara/Aang then i don't think Korra will be related to any of the Gaang. But i hope this show gets picked up for more then 12 episodes still.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

T7F

[562]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 7
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Yeah, but the Avatar being with a non-bender would be interesting, since the Avatar masters all four and a non-bender can't bend all that.
    yeah it would be interesting i think Korra could end up with the one that looks like Sokka i think Meelo i could definetly see that happen it would be odd though that Korra (Aang) fell in love with Sokka's grandson ( i think it would be his grandson).
    Possibly but if Korra isn't related to Katara/Aang then i don't think Korra will be related to any of the Gaang. But i hope this show gets picked up for more then 12 episodes still.
    if she is related to anyone katara and aang is the least likely well, of the possible canidates

Helices

[563]Aug 20, 2010
    • level: 2

I have a feeling that they may do this show as a 26 episode one

JandSman

[564]Aug 20, 2010
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    if she is related to anyone katara and aang is the least likely well, of the possible canidates
    i disagree she is from the water tribe which is where Aang and Katara may have lived. And i don't see why it couldn't be them.

edmasterchaos

[565]Aug 21, 2010
    • level: 41
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    i disagree she is from the water tribe which is where Aang and Katara may have lived. And i don't see why it couldn't be them.
    Cuz Aang is the avatar?

T7F

[566]Aug 21, 2010
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Cuz Aang is the avatar?
    and she didnt know where tenzin is and it would be a really bad thing if the new avatar is born into the same family

JandSman

[567]Aug 22, 2010
    T7F wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Cuz Aang is the avatar?
    and she didnt know where tenzin is and it would be a really bad thing if the new avatar is born into the same family
    i mean now we know they're not related but think if we didn't know as much information as we did why is it so bad if the Avatar is born into the same family i think it would make the family very powerful but they would most likely be able to not over use the power as long as the Avatar is in the family and with the thousands of past Avatars i bet it has happened before.

T7F

[568]Aug 23, 2010
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Cuz Aang is the avatar?
    i mean now we know they're not related but think if we didn't know as much information as we did why is it so bad if the Avatar is born into the same family i think it would make the family very powerful but they would most likely be able to not over use the power as long as the Avatar is in the family and with the thousands of past Avatars i bet it has happened before.
    the avatar is about balance, if they were born into the same family, that would continually make them more powerful along with their nation, that is not balance

JandSman

[569]Aug 24, 2010
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Cuz Aang is the avatar?
    the avatar is about balance, if they were born into the same family, that would continually make them more powerful along with their nation, that is not balance
    i'm saying for Korra specifally that wouldn't make the nation more powerful since Katara would be loyal to both the Water and Air Nations and it wouldn't be so bad if the Air Nation was more powerful since there is only 1 air bender that we know that is alive while Korra is alive. It would make the family more powerful yes but that doesn't mean they would use there power wrongly and like i said before the Air Nation could use some more power.

T7F

[570]Aug 24, 2010
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Cuz Aang is the avatar?
    i'm saying for Korra specifally that wouldn't make the nation more powerful since Katara would be loyal to both the Water and Air Nations and it wouldn't be so bad if the Air Nation was more powerful since there is only 1 air bender that we know that is alive while Korra is alive. It would make the family more powerful yes but that doesn't mean they would use there power wrongly and like i said before the Air Nation could use some more power.
    There currently is no Air Nomads, only an Air Family. But that isn't the point, it wouldn't have balance in it if the Avatar was born into the same family.

_Flutterlight_

[571]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 15
    Not to butt in, but if Katara was the last Southern Waterbender, wouldn't Korra have to be somehow related to her?

I realize that part of the whole "bending inheritance" thing is environmental/based on faith (as seen in the identical twins in the Auntie Wu episode), but at least part of it is genetics.

So there's a strong argument for Korra being a descendant of Sokka and Suki.

JandSman

[572]Aug 26, 2010
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    Not to butt in, but if Katara was the last Southern Waterbender, wouldn't Korra have to be somehow related to her?

I realize that part of the whole "bending inheritance" thing is environmental/based on faith (as seen in the identical twins in the Auntie Wu episode), but at least part of it is genetics.

She could have been born in the Northern Tribe the only problem is they don't allow Woman as benders in the originial series i wonder if that has changed. Or maybe she was born in the new city.

T7F

[573]Aug 26, 2010
    JandSman wrote:
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:

She could have been born in the Northern Tribe the only problem is they don't allow Woman as benders in the originial series i wonder if that has changed. Or maybe she was born in the new city.
    She is from the South, they confirmed this, but genetics does not matter with bending, so that really doesn't support or deny.

Bunnygirl

[574]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 10

T7F wrote:
    JandSman wrote:
    _Flutterlight_ wrote:
    Not to butt in, but if Katara was the last Southern Waterbender, wouldn't Korra have to be somehow related to her? I realize that part of the whole "bending inheritance" thing is environmental/based on faith (as seen in the identical twins in the Auntie Wu episode), but at least part of it is genetics. So there's a strong argument for Korra being a descendant of Sokka and Suki.
    She is from the South, they confirmed this, but genetics does not matter with bending, so that really doesn't support or deny.
    Actually, Bryke said that genetics do play a factor in bending, like you can have the genetic potential but how you're raised, spirituality, and whether you build on that talent will also matter. Source

Also, Sifu Kisu, Dee Bradley Baker, and JM Animation (one of the animation studios who worked on ATLA) are confirmed to return. Just wondering, should I have posted this and any future news on the new Korra board?

Edited on 08/26/2010 4:05pm

azndood111

[575]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 1

If I remember correctly, Pakku said that he and some other water benders from the North Pole would go and rebuild the south pole. They could have brought their water-bending skills and families to allow that aspect into the gene pool 75 years later

edmasterchaos

[576]Aug 27, 2010
    azndood111 wrote:

If I remember correctly, Pakku said that he and some other water benders from the North Pole would go and rebuild the south pole. They could have brought their water-bending skills and families to allow that aspect into the gene pool 75 years later

...shoot, you're right. @Bunny: Sifu Kisu is back! awwright! btw, random fact, he and Bryan did the Sokka/Ty Lee Fight/Dance from Crossroads irl. Yay.

Bunnygirl

[577]Aug 28, 2010
    • level: 10

edmasterchaos wrote:
    azndood111 wrote:

...shoot, you're right. @Bunny: Sifu Kisu is back! awwright! btw, random fact, he and Bryan did the Sokka/Ty Lee Fight/Dance from Crossroads irl. Yay.
    I'm guessing Bryan was Sokka and Sifu Kisu was Ty Lee? I wish I could've seen that! I hope we get more information soon. These next fifteen months or so are going to be brutal.

EDIT: I don't want to double post so here's another little bit of news. Dee Bradley Baker's young daughter will be voicing five year old Korra in a short flashback scene. Coincidentally, his daughter's name is Cora. Source

Edited on 08/28/2010 9:35pm
    Edited 2 total times.

edmasterchaos

[578]Aug 29, 2010
    That would've been worth a double post! omg so cute!!

T7F

[579]Aug 29, 2010

Sorry to be off topic and not to sound rude but....that sounded very girly

JandSman

[580]Sep 9, 2010
    I wonder why Korra would have flash backs.