We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar: The Legend of Korra News

Bunnygirl

[581]Sep 10, 2010
    • level: 10
    JandSman wrote:
    I wonder why Korra would have flash backs.

To develop her character and establish some backstory, of course. She's only supposed to have two lines. So it'll probably be Tiny!Korra saying something adorably feisty, or maybe it'll be when she first started waterbending training? With Old Lady Katara as her Sifu!

On a somewhat related note, I wonder if we'll get any new info around NYCC? Like another picture (maybe a Tenzin version of the first), a cast/character list, or something like that. Or will we have to wait for next year's SDCC for anything else?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

T7F

[582]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 7

^^I don't know why, but I want Mai to be shown in a flashback during her old age, but instead of being bored, I want her to be the grandmotherly type and she should be voiced by BETTY WHITE LOL JK, but reallyBetty White is awesome I think she should voice someone.

JandSman

[583]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 32
    I hope we get some more news on the show soon

Jinto11

[584]Sep 12, 2010
    • level: 5

When does the new series start?? Do they already have the episodes of The Legend of Korra done with? (are they just waiting to air it?)

My hope for the new series is to bring back Azula I felt they didnt really finish her character in the Avatar series ( just allowing us to see her descend into madness).

My idea has Azula being trapped in like a cryogenic freezer for all those years (they were hoping with time that her mental condition would improve) she is released by a guy mercenary (fire bender/ maybe secret air bender idk) hired by a secret order to free her they get involved in the plot kinda how Zuko was a side story to the Aang's journey in season 2 Azula doesnt understand the new world so she has the guy who freed her guide her through as they find out the master plans of the villains to destroy benders (which would include them since they both bend). As they journey Azula learns how to be a regular person with the guy companion yet still has some troubles dealing with the past, anger, and trust but eventually she starts to trust her companion.

Eventually they decide to team up with Korra to take down the evil rebellion against benders. Like i said they would be like a adventure of their own building up the plot up in til the twist, while Korra discovers her own information about the plot through her adventures.

Bunnygirl

[585]Sep 12, 2010
    Jinto11 wrote:

When does the new series start?? Do they already have the episodes of The Legend of Korra done with? (are they just waiting to air it?)

It is supposed to air November 2011. Last I heard, they had about three episodes recorded, so they might have begun animation for those three. They still have plenty of time.

edmasterchaos

[586]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 41
    I will bet my ass that they'll reveal info and a few artworks at NYCC, i may even dare to say they'll reveal Korra's face then. Though then again, Bryke do like to keep the beatiful people's faces kept secret, eh Ozai?

_Flutterlight_

[587]Sep 13, 2010
    • level: 15

People may have already seen this... But here's a picture of one of the Korra staff memeber's office:

http://ibgraham.deviantart.com/art/Avatar-25-113089197#/d2ym8j4

The drawing on his tablet is probably non-korra related, but just in case it is, I thought I'd post it anyway...

Edited on 09/13/2010 9:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.

T7F

[588]Sep 13, 2010
    Jinto11 wrote:

My hope for the new series is to bring back Azula I felt they didnt really finish her character in the Avatar series ( just allowing us to see her descend into madness).

My idea has Azula being trapped in like a cryogenic freezer for all those years (they were hoping with time that her mental condition would improve) she is released by a guy mercenary (fire bender/ maybe secret air bender idk) hired by a secret order to free her they get involved in the plot kinda how Zuko was a side story to the Aang's journey in season 2 Azula doesnt understand the new world so she has the guy who freed her guide her through as they find out the master plans of the villains to destroy benders (which would include them since they both bend). As they journey Azula learns how to be a regular person with the guy companion yet still has some troubles dealing with the past, anger, and trust but eventually she starts to trust her companion.

Eventually they decide to team up with Korra to take down the evil rebellion against benders. Like i said they would be like a adventure of their own building up the plot up in til the twist, while Korra discovers her own information about the plot through her adventures.

Tech isnt advanced enough for cryogenics

Sofa_King1

[589]Sep 14, 2010
    • level: 9
    I wish that instead they just go back to working on the original series. If the voice actors quit they can easily find new ones. Damn I loved the show. By far the best animated show on television. Why don't they bring it back? The story can still be continued.

Bunnygirl

[591]Sep 14, 2010
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    I will bet my ass that they'll reveal info and a few artworks at NYCC, i may even dare to say they'll reveal Korra's face then. Though then again, Bryke do like to keep the beatiful people's faces kept secret, eh Ozai?

Korra's face won't be seen until the finale, calling it right now. Either that, or Koh got to her.

edmasterchaos

[592]Sep 14, 2010
    Sofa_King1 wrote:
    I wish that instead they just go back to working on the original series. If the voice actors quit they can easily find new ones. Damn I loved the show. By far the best animated show on television. Why don't they bring it back? The story can still be continued.
    What? i'm pretty sure many VAs are coming back, even if for another characters. Bryke from the start knew and wanted to end the story at Aang defeating Ozai, that is the end of his epic journey, the rest is normal avatar stuff if they say so.

Jinto11

[593]Sep 15, 2010
    • level: 5

Bunnygirl wrote:
    Jinto11 wrote:

It is supposed to air November 2011. Last I heard, they had about three episodes recorded, so they might have begun animation for those three. They still have plenty of time.

man that suks we have to wait a entire year before we can see the new adventures and series thx for the info Bunnygirl.

T7F: the technology was advanced enough to freeze someone in the fire nation they had that giant drill, war machines, and that freezing cooler in that prison. So I think they had the tech to freeze someone, its possible if the writers make it that way, I just wanted a more complete character out of Azula I feel they didnt give her a good ending, hopefully they will bring her back in legend of Korra (but since its been like 70 yrs she would have to be frozen in time so she wouldnt age) I mean if they brought Azula back it would bring a twist to the story.

edmasterchaos

[594]Sep 15, 2010
    Or, they could bring her in, being like 84 years old was it?

Sofa_King1

[595]Sep 16, 2010
    • level: 9
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Sofa_King1 wrote:
    What? i'm pretty sure many VAs are coming back, even if for another characters. Bryke from the start knew and wanted to end the story at Aang defeating Ozai, that is the end of his epic journey, the rest is normal avatar stuff if they say so.

The main loose end is Zuko's Mother. Maybe she can come back and convice Zuko to free Katara and Ozai and somehow rebuild the fire kingdom and restart the war? Zuko's Mother can come back evil. If the fire nation sees their lords reunited, they'd join them in a heartbeat.

T7F

[596]Sep 16, 2010

Jinto11 wrote:

Bunnygirl wrote:
    Jinto11 wrote:

man that suks we have to wait a entire year before we can see the new adventures and series thx for the info Bunnygirl.

T7F: the technology was advanced enough to freeze someone in the fire nation they had that giant drill, war machines, and that freezing cooler in that prison. So I think they had the tech to freeze someone, its possible if the writers make it that way, I just wanted a more complete character out of Azula I feel they didnt give her a good ending, hopefully they will bring her back in legend of Korra (but since its been like 70 yrs she would have to be frozen in time so she wouldnt age) I mean if they brought Azula back it would bring a twist to the story.

They can freeze them, the problem would be unfreezing them without killing them...

Sofa_King1 wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Sofa_King1 wrote:

The main loose end is Zuko's Mother. Maybe she can come back and convice Zuko to free Katara and Ozai and somehow rebuild the fire kingdom and restart the war? Zuko's Mother can come back evil. If the fire nation sees their lords reunited, they'd join them in a heartbeat.

That would ruin her character...Ozai wants to hurt him, she does not want Zuko hurt, that would be completely OOC, I take it you are a zutarian?

Edited on 09/16/2010 10:49pm

_Flutterlight_

[597]Sep 17, 2010
    • level: 15
    I think if they DO bring voice actors back, they won't be voicing their old characters. Bryke was clear that the Last Airbender's character's stories ended with the Finale.

JandSman

[598]Nov 1, 2010
    • level: 32
    Still no more updates grr i want to see the show now

edmasterchaos

[599]Nov 3, 2010
    Dante Basco is in the show.

AllieAllie

[600]Nov 3, 2010
    • level: 22

Here's the link to that:

http://dantebasco.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/the-new-avatar-series/

Maybe he'll be a descendant of zuko.