We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar: The Legend of Korra News

edmasterchaos

[161]Jun 17, 2010
    • level: 41
    I'm gonna ask them to marry me again, this time more elaborately and i'll add "then can you tell me about the Korra thing?" ^_^
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

katrah88

[162]Jun 20, 2010
    • level: 11
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    I'll be honest, after, what was it? 3 years? i pretty much just forgot all about the Spirit World shorts, can someone get me a small summary of what they all said?

Well, I'm almost certain that those of the "Aang didn't die" crowd are correct and that Aang just succeeded in locking the Avatar State.

I'm also almost certain the transcripts can be found on avatarspirit.net.

I'm additionally almost certain that said transcripts will give us all the answers we need but will not stop the current debate since certain people seem overly confident that Aang died.

EDITED FOR PROOF:

Aang: What happened? (confused) Where am I?
    Yue: (from off-screen) You are in the Spirit World...
    Aang: (looks up, happily) Princess Yue!

(Yue is seen floating in the air, looking like she did when she became the moon in "The Siege of the North, Part 2", with the moonlight behind her.)

Yue: Aang, your Avatar Spirit has been injured. If you don't act fast, you will lose your connection to your past lives... (the camera focuses on Aang's saddened face) ...and the Avatar cycle will end. You must find your previous four past lives and reconnect with them.
    Aang: How do i do that?
    Yue: You will find them here, in the Spirit World. But be careful... Koh will try to steal your face.

~~~~~~~~~~

Yangchen: So the Avatar continues to take human rebirth. And with each life, learns what it means to be human.
    Aang: Now that I've reconnected with all of you, does that mean the Avatar Spirit is okay?
    Yangchen: Yes. But your physical body is still injured. You need time to heal.

(Yangchen touches Aang's forehead. Aang's arrow tattoo starts glowing and so do Yangchen's hand and forehead arrows.)

Yangchen: And unfortunately, it seems your ability to enter the Avatar State has been disrupted. You won't be able to rely on your past lives to help you. You must rely on your friends. And when you wake up, you won't remember this journey to the Spirit World. It will be like a forgotten dream.

Those apples, how do you like them?
    Edited on 06/20/2010 9:45am

edmasterchaos

[163]Jun 20, 2010
    katrah88 wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    I'll be honest, after, what was it? 3 years? i pretty much just forgot all about the Spirit World shorts, can someone get me a small summary of what they all said?

Well, I'm almost certain that those of the "Aang didn't die" crowd are correct and that Aang just succeeded in locking the Avatar State.

I'm also almost certain the transcripts can be found on avatarspirit.net.

I'm additionally almost certain that said transcripts will give us all the answers we need but will not stop the current debate since certain people seem overly confident that Aang died.

EDITED FOR PROOF:

Aang: What happened? (confused) Where am I?
    Yue: (from off-screen) You are in the Spirit World...
    Aang: (looks up, happily) Princess Yue!

(Yue is seen floating in the air, looking like she did when she became the moon in "The Siege of the North, Part 2", with the moonlight behind her.)

Yue: Aang, your Avatar Spirit has been injured. If you don't act fast, you will lose your connection to your past lives... (the camera focuses on Aang's saddened face) ...and the Avatar cycle will end. You must find your previous four past lives and reconnect with them.
    Aang: How do i do that?
    Yue: You will find them here, in the Spirit World. But be careful... Koh will try to steal your face.

~~~~~~~~~~

Yangchen: So the Avatar continues to take human rebirth. And with each life, learns what it means to be human.
    Aang: Now that I've reconnected with all of you, does that mean the Avatar Spirit is okay?
    Yangchen: Yes. But your physical body is still injured. You need time to heal.

(Yangchen touches Aang's forehead. Aang's arrow tattoo starts glowing and so do Yangchen's hand and forehead arrows.)

Yangchen: And unfortunately, it seems your ability to enter the Avatar State has been disrupted. You won't be able to rely on your past lives to help you. You must rely on your friends. And when you wake up, you won't remember this journey to the Spirit World. It will be like a forgotten dream.

Those apples, how do you like them?
    Good sir, your aid to the forces of logic has given us victory when everyone else was too lazy to fight. Accept this medal for your awesomeness.

JandSman

[164]Jun 21, 2010
    • level: 32
    Any news on this new series.

RafaelTheWeird

[165]Jun 22, 2010
    • level: 9

katrah88 wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:
    Well, I'm almost certain that those of the "Aang didn't die" crowd are correct and that Aang just succeeded in locking the Avatar State. I'm also almost certain the transcripts can be found on avatarspirit.net. I'm additionally almost certain that said transcripts will give us all the answers we need but will not stop the current debate since certain people seem overly confident that Aang died. EDITED FOR PROOF:
    Aang: What happened? (confused) Where am I? Yue: (from off-screen) You are in the Spirit World... Aang: (looks up, happily) Princess Yue! (Yue is seen floating in the air, looking like she did when she became the moon in "The Siege of the North, Part 2", with the moonlight behind her.) Yue: Aang, your Avatar Spirit has been injured. If you don't act fast, you will lose your connection to your past lives... (the camera focuses on Aang's saddened face) ...and the Avatar cycle will end. You must find your previous four past lives and reconnect with them. Aang: How do i do that? Yue: You will find them here, in the Spirit World. But be careful... Koh will try to steal your face. ~~~~~~~~~~ Yangchen: So the Avatar continues to take human rebirth. And with each life, learns what it means to be human. Aang: Now that I've reconnected with all of you, does that mean the Avatar Spirit is okay? Yangchen: Yes. But your physical body is still injured. You need time to heal. (Yangchen touches Aang's forehead. Aang's arrow tattoo starts glowing and so do Yangchen's hand and forehead arrows.) Yangchen: And unfortunately, it seems your ability to enter the Avatar State has been disrupted. You won't be able to rely on your past lives to help you. You must rely on your friends. And when you wake up, you won't remember this journey to the Spirit World. It will be like a forgotten dream.
    AvatarSpirit.net Transcripts Those apples, how do you like them?
    I know this sounds a bit ridiculous, but since we're on the subject of the avatar state thing...... did anyone notice the scene in the S3 Finale where aang gets slammed on his back against a rock, but like, there's a piece jutting out ever slightly, and it hits the spot where his lightning scar is? and then we see the clip of all the avatars eyes lighting up again? cuz when i saw that i was like "dude, its coming back!" see i always figured that whenever he touched that spot he was tempting his locked avatar state. cuz katara touched it with her water and he had flashbacks. i figured if he confronted the spot where his state was locked then that was the reason he unlocked it again. Right ya'll? lol

edmasterchaos

[166]Jun 22, 2010
    Aang was like a tv, you don't fix a tv by gently treating it, you gotta hit it hard.

katrah88

[167]Jun 22, 2010
    edmasterchaos wrote:

Good sir, your aid to the forces of logic has given us victory when everyone else was too lazy to fight. Accept this medal for your awesomeness.

I gladly accept!

Btw... I get my tv to work by reminding it who wears the pants in this house and how I could easily leave it on the corner entertaining the masses just so it could be passed around getting plugged in a different outlet everyday until its left in a gutter with a cord worn bare to the wires and a roach infestation! That's just me... what?

edmasterchaos

[168]Jun 22, 2010
    ^Just like fixing hte avatar state.

RafaelTheWeird

[169]Jun 23, 2010

any of you guys goin to the movie? (my sig says my views on it and therefore...) ...I'm getting there early to see if anyone in line knows about the new show yet. heck, i'll be happy to find a fellow TV.com ATLA forum user =D that'd be sweet. I'm taking my Appa plushie and avatar cup that i got in great america with me =D oh and i ordered a earth kingdom tee

Bunnygirl

[170]Jun 23, 2010
    • level: 10
    RafaelTheWeird wrote:

any of you guys goin to the movie? (my sig says my views on it and therefore...) ...I'm getting there early to see if anyone in line knows about the new show yet. heck, i'll be happy to find a fellow TV.com ATLA forum user =D that'd be sweet. I'm taking my Appa plushie and avatar cup that i got in great america with me =D oh and i ordered a earth kingdom tee

I'm not midnighting but I'm planning to go at the earliest available time that day. I'm going to wear my Water Tribe shirt and probably put my hair up like Katara's. Still trying to decide on movie!Katara or cartoon!Katara though.

RafaelTheWeird

[171]Jun 24, 2010
    Bunnygirl wrote:
    RafaelTheWeird wrote:

I'm not midnighting but I'm planning to go at the earliest available time that day. I'm going to wear my Water Tribe shirt and probably put my hair up like Katara's. Still trying to decide on movie!Katara or cartoon!Katara though.

is the shirt from the movie, show, or homemade? and depending on how much length your hair loopies get, that should help you decide which one. cuz movie katara's aren't so long i dont think... doesnt she leave them down?

katrah88

[172]Jun 24, 2010
    Bunnygirl wrote:
    RafaelTheWeird wrote:

I will be "midnighting" wearing FN inspired eye makeup (inspired by the colors... not by any makeup styles on avatar XD) while sporting this shirt:

and a button with the airbender insignia on it. I plan be subtle enough to walk around in the street without a second thought though more obvious to fellow Avatards--the only important people that will be attending the showing. I'd probably cosplay Koh (if he was going to be in the movie *shakes fist at the world*) but that probably be impractical. I found similar problem with my second option of going as Jet's eyebrows. I'll just wait until the third movie and go as Hama! (BTW, I would LOVE to see a Sparky Sparky Boom Man cosplayer. Someone make that happen.)

Bunnygirl

[173]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 10

RafaelTheWeird wrote:
    Bunnygirl wrote:
    RafaelTheWeird wrote:

is the shirt from the movie, show, or homemade? and depending on how much length your hair loopies get, that should help you decide which one. cuz movie katara's aren't so long i dont think... doesnt she leave them down?

It's one of the movie's shirts so it would make sense to wear the movie Katara hair. Yeah, her hair loopiesaren't very long.

Katara and Aang

I think it would be easier with my hair to do the movie's style and I kind of like it more than the show's book 1 style anyway. Probably because it's a mix of books 1 and 3.

DiamondLights

[174]Jun 27, 2010
    • level: 8
    soo.... who's super pumped for this?

Pablo_808

[175]Jun 27, 2010
    • level: 14
    ....yeah, imma gonna wait for it to cum out on DVD to rent or watch some bootleg of it or something. Best wait until i hear how good or bad it is first.

DiamondLights

[176]Jun 27, 2010
    • level: 8
    OMG NOT ACCEPTABLE! YOU GOTS TA SEE IT IN 3D !!!

yeah, i might just do that too.

katrah88

[177]Jun 28, 2010
    Pablo_808 wrote:
    ....yeah, imma gonna wait for it to cum out on DVD to rent or watch some bootleg of it or something. Best wait until i hear how good or bad it is first.

While I understand your logic, I hope you are only one of few who are doing this. Nick wants the fans to vote with their pockets: sad but true. I, for one, hope the lot of us do in order to get some of the things we've been wanting for a while: better airtime, better merchandise, and better marketing/advertising for current and future Bryke and ATLA future projects. What I mean by "better" is MORE. Much has already improved with the launching of The Last Airbender and I don't want to see this stop here.

edmasterchaos

[178]Jun 28, 2010
    Yeah, we gotta support the movie, hell, i'm going to Your overpriced U.S. theaters in order to support the movie.

_Flutterlight_

[179]Jun 28, 2010
    • level: 15
    I agree. Think of Nick like a big, hungry, orange dog. Staring at a youtube video of it isn't going to make the dog jump. Peanut butter, on the other hand, might.

katrah88

[180]Jun 28, 2010
    ^^^^^^^^

EDIT: No offense to Flutter... but I wasn't trying to point to you. However, I did like what you said as well. So,I will offer both you and ed this:

Edited on 06/28/2010 6:02pm