We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar RPG*: Create your own Bender

luke_moonwalker

[9341]Jun 25, 2009
    • level: 5

Dray - firebender

leader of the Outcasts (band of runaway teens from different tribes who band together in hopes of one day creating an army big enough to help stop the fire nation) stubborn, caring, aggressive, always running head first into battle, but does everything for the good of his team

his father was one of Fire Lord Ozai's most trusted soldiers who was ordered by Ozai's demands to destroy his own village to make space for a military base but when Dray tried to stop his father Ozai ordered him to kill Dray. Dray was able to fight back his father long enough to run away from the fire nation and seek refuge in the earth kingdom forests

Tea - waterbender (mainly bends plants due to trauma suffered as a child)

the voice of reason, keeps Dray in line, motherly to the younger members of the team, doesnt like to fight but will do what she must to protect the team, her bending abilites coincide with her emotions

when the fire nation once attacked the northern water tribe Tea was seperated from her parents she was only 5 years old then and not fully capable of waterbending. the little crying 5 year old was about to be captured by a fire nation soldier when she ran off and dove into the water however not knowing how to swim or waterbend she almost drown therefore she is afraid to waterbend

Glom - sandbender

oldest of the Outcasts, tall and muscular, the big tough guy of the group, but also compassionate, and a pacifist, sort of the big brother of the team looking out for them but also a chicken who many times realizes he's bitten off more than he can chew

born an orphan he lived with his aunt in a small hut in the mountains outside of ba sing se, never learned how to earthbend, and when he got older he left to find his real parents, he almost died of heat stroke in the desert till the sandbenders took him in and taught him how to sandbend then he left to continue his journey

Myra - waterbender (has developed her own form of water bending by bending the vapors in the air known as mistbending)

the rambunctious little kid of the group, always getting into trouble, taking life as one big playground, brings out the joy and childlike memories of the team, looks up to Tea, and is protected diligently by Dray as a sort of little sister to him, the bubbly happy child who takes fighting as a playground game

seperated from her family of many brothers and sisters (she being the youngest whom her brother and sisters teased would never amount to anything) when a great storm can to their docks on the outskirts of the watertribe, her village became flooded and as the adults began bending the water away she climbed into a boat and floated away herself, looking at as an adventure

Rai and Lee - earth and water benders

the two youngest of the group who are twins from different tribes (Rai being from the earth kingdom and Lee being from the water tribe) they never use their bending abilities without the other so as to never be seperated again, and remain always at each others side, although they are toddlers they are incredible earth and waterbenders capable of sort of "mudbending" although being toddlers they rarely understand when to use their powers

seperated at birth by their parents to their extremely powerful bending abilities even at such a young age, they were torn apart from one another so they would be safe, however eventually the two toddlers scurried away from their homes and were reunited once more then found by the Outcasts in the forest

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dafoose

[9342]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 19
    mmmm....no dual bending.
    but as far as I can tell, there are no dual benders in there.
    Cool profiles
    Edited on 06/26/2009 1:15am

Eman5805

[9343]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 14
    I'm cool with those profiles. But, slight bit of advice, you might wanna think about using capital letters. It helps with reading comprehension.

BaiMaoRieji

[9344]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 8
    I shall attempt to continue and/or my story by Monday.

Double09nhalf

[9345]Jun 30, 2009
    • level: 10
    Hey dafoose i just sent you an e-mail. Please let me know if you recieved it.

Double09nhalf

[9347]Jul 1, 2009

Come back people, come back. It's summer vacation sooooooo whaat. Ghaaaa.....

Oh well, i hope at least some of you come back and read my stories peroidiacally.

Anywho (sigh) a lot of talking in this one. I hope you liked the changes that I made Dafoose

////////////////

girl - airbender (Yes it's really SIAM)

mysterious boy - firebender

~~After having been kidnapped the girl with amnesia is chatting around a campfire with the boy who took her~~

///////////////

The girl's eyes focused and held life again as she shielded them from the flame's intense light. She felt light-headed as she looked around the campfire. The boy who had kept on calling her sister still sat on the opposite side of the fire. He looked like he was in deep thought and she wasn't sure if she should interrupt him or not. At last she gained the courage to speak up but he beat her to it.

"I need to tell you something," the boy announced as he clasped his hands together. "I'm not sure how you will take it or if you'll even believe me. But it has come to the point of no return and for the sake of my loved one I must choose." After finishing his sentence the boy lifted his head to look at the girl.

Through the flickering light the girl could make out the boy's face. He was taller than her but looked younger. At first glance the boy looked older but the girl realized that it was only because of his blank face. She also noted a thin scare that ran from the tip of his nose to the bottom of his right eye. As the girl was taking all this in she thought for a second and produced a reply. "I don't know you or what you are talking about but for your sake I will listen. And I hope I can help you in your affair."

The boy closed his eyes and squared his legs. Under his breath he muttered a few sentences then opened his eyes. When the girl looked at his face she noticed that his eyes were glazed over as if in a trance.

"During the Age of Ishi," the boy began in monotone. "Chin the Great sought to unite the four nations under one power. Many saw him an idealist but wanted that power for their own nation. A plan was contrived, by several fire nation clans living on the main land, to send spies who would infiltrate the earth nation's ranks and swear fealty to Emperor Chin. They would allow him to conquer the entire main land and once the emperor had succeeded they form a Coup d'??tat. While they waited for his assured victory they sought many different means to assist him."

"At the tip of the spear was the Tori Clan. They were a proud clan that had strength and well and cunningness. With the help of science and psychology, they were able to create soldiers with increased bending power. But the most promising soldier they ever produced was an airbender named Kuya. Through constant hypnotism they were able to manipulate him at will. But eventually his physic deteriorated because he was oblivious to the physic training. The scientist eventually found that strong emotions were needed to counteract the test-subject's deteriorating physic. Negative emotions would keep the subject under control but also would wear away albeit a slower pace. Positive emotions would increase the subject's strength but would disallow complete obedience."

"The third way is for the subject to be self aware but also in acceptance of his or her state. And while there have been several different cases most fall within these parameters. The only problem with the last case is that it rarely ever happens since most subjects' minds refuse such an existence."

As the boy paused the girl shifted her position on the hard, rocky surface. She was trying to take all this history in and suddenly a question popped him her mind.

"What does this have to do with me? Am I one of these test subjects? And what about your um... loved one?"

The boy only turned his head and stared into the burning embers of the fire. "You and I are the second generation they have created. In fact you were born just a few weeks after I was."

"How can that be? You look at least three years younger than me."

For the first time since the boy had started his speech he smiled a genuine smile. "When I say 'born', I do not mean physically but mentally." The boy then stared back into the fire and continued his story. "After Avatar Kyoshi defeated Chin the Great and split the main land many saw this as an opportunity to take over. But the when their leader died the Earth Nation was thrown into political chaos. In the end most of the clan's abandoned the plan leaving only the Tori clan and their vast amounts of spent money on research."

"Twenty-five years ago our master decided to restart the project in order to aid the fire-nation in uniting the four nations under the flaming emblem. The stage of his plan involved destroying the entire air-nation."

"But why," interrupted the girl. "Why must the air-nation be destroyed in order to unite the four nations?"

The boy face became shadowed as he turned his face away from the fire and looked up at the stars. "Because it was foretold that the next avatar would arise from the air-benders and because their race is the most sensitive to natures balance. For even though water is our opposite air is even more powerful. Our wise Master Shenq then went to the four nations and brought back orphans and abandoned kids. He had them trained in their own element as well as hypnotized them through hetero-suggestion. The only child who wasn't an orphan was a little girl whose father was Kuya, the airbender from the previous experiments. She was trained and placed under hetero-suggestion and ended up being even powerful than her father. She became our master's favorite and was given the name Kohana."

The boy got up so suddenly that it startled the girl for a second as he walked around the fire and squatted in front of her. He reached out and placed her hands in his. The girl began to blush in the awkward moment as she looked into his dull eyes.

"That person," said the boy. "Is you Kohana."

//////////////

Dafoose

[9350]Jul 3, 2009
    Exellent, I like it. I like the changes you made. The gestures. And I understood the story.

MOTSiN

[9351]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 1
    hey.............im new to this.............and my name is mohtashim..
    i am a HUGE fan of anime but mostly the avatar and final fantasy....
    i searched on google if there was gonna be a new series of avatar and your page came up.......so for starters .. ia there gonna be a new series?
    and second...........................
    heres my avatar......

Name: Shiaka Mureau
    Special move: Vine wrap
    Height: 5'9" Age: 19
    Weight: 65
    Eyes: brown
    Hair: Blonde/brown
    Personality: Charming..confinent, very powerfull and lives with her pet baby beison (a mini version of appa).. into flowers. and her hobbies are extracting juice from vines and bending wooden houses. very pretty and has beaten firelord azula in a match before but keeps it hidden. very spiritual and ritualistic(that means uses rituals alot).she also loves to sing (very good singer).
    also writes good poetry.
    she used to be part if a dancers tribe from Ba-Sing-Sei.

well thats it. hope you like it

Dafoose

[9352]Jul 3, 2009
    well, you can't dual bend. (bend earth and water.) If you do, nobody will rp with you becuase nobody else has a story with the law of dual bending.

Everything else is fine.

And no, they aren't releasing a fourth season, but they are making a movie in 2010 on July 2nd.

Double09nhalf

[9353]Jul 3, 2009
    It sounds to me like your character is more a water bender than anything else. But not a northern or southern watertribsmen but more of a jungle type(at least the bending vines/wood part) but just remeber that this isn't naruto---> you can't bend wood out of the ground and cause it to massivley grow. You can only well bend it. But i think that it is interesting that a waterbender has a flying bison. Can't wait to read your stuff...

Double09nhalf

[9354]Jul 4, 2009

I don't mean to own the entire page but i serisouly feel the need to continue posting and so... I WILL

I still hope that you guys read them and more or less comment. America may run on dunkin' donuts but i like comments better (mostly)

////////////////

Kohana - airbender

Brother - firebender

~~party of two about to board for northern airtemple - smoking is needed - fasten seat belt for remainder of trip - exits are everywhere but do so at your own risk~~

////////////

Kohana stared at the boy with piercing eyes and quivering lips. When she found her breath she almost choked on the bile that was rising up in her throat. Her, she thought, part of this ludicrous story, fantasy, even child's bedtime story involving ghost. But how and why don't I remember any of it.

"I don-mmgf," Kohana replied just before the boy put his hand over her mouth.

"All that I have told you is true," the boy said with unwavering eyes. "You are my sister and I have finally come to rescue... and to aid you in our mission. That is to say, our Master's mission, to destroy the airbenders."

As the boy lowered his hand from Kohana's mouth she went from confused to scared at the boy's statement. "Complete genocide? To wipe out the entire Air-nation? But I still don't understand. What have they done?"

"It's for the greater good," the boy replied in a soft tone. "Every day the people in the world starve and die from famine, pestilence, and dehydration. They live in a world that offers them very little in comforts and so they must strive and labor with little gain. The firenation has finally reached its industrial age and now it's minds are free from manual labor to advance civilization in all areas. We want to share this prosperity with the entire world so that they too might enjoy the fruits of modern civilization. No more wars, death, or hard labor but only peace, prosperity, and freedom."

Kohana logic and reasoning failed in comparison with the boys. She looked from the fire and back at him. "I believe you. I future with no misfortune and but only peace and prosperity is a future worth living for... worth even... dying for." Suddenly Kohana cried out in a sharp pain as her head felt like something had pricked it.

"But at what cost?"

The pain suddenly dimmed then altogether disappeared. Kohana shook her head and looked back at the boy confused. "What did you say?"

It was the boy's turn to look confused as he replied. "I didn't say anything. But what happened to your head? Did the swelling from the hit come back? Tilt your head into the fire light and let me look."

The girl nodded and tilted her head. She felt his warm hand embracing the side of her face while the other one probed through her hair for the bruise. After a moment the boy discontinue searching her scalp lowered his hands. Upon his face he held a look of surprise and relief.

"I can't even feel the bruise anymore. The swelling seems to have receded even quicker than I expected. But you really..."

Kohana immediately shook her head and proceeded to clasp his hands in her and raise them up. "A few moments ago I didn't even know my name. No I not just know my name but my purpose in life: to usher forth the age of peace and prosperity."

A tear welled up and rolled down the boy's cheek. He unclasped his hand and hugged her with all his might. "My little sister, you've finally come back to me. I was almost thought you forsaken. And now that you are ready in mind let us make you presentable for our master. Tomorrow morning we are to meet him at the northern air-temple."

The rest of the evening Kohana spent bathing in a shallow spring that her brother had heated up. She washed the dirt from her hair and the grime from her skin. After her bath Kohana brushed her hair using a gem studded comb that her brother said once belonged to her. As she finished braiding her hair she placed the comb down and noticed a white strand that had caught itself on the bristles. She took one look at her hair and dismissed the white strand.

As she climbed onto the bank of the shallow spring she spotted the new clothes the boy had placed on a nearby rock. The under garments she was given consisted of silk while the mini skirt had laced short sleeves. For pants, she wore heavy pants that were tight but allowed freedom. She was given thick stockings and leather shoes that laced almost up to her knees. For rough, cold weather Kohana received leather gloves and a scarf knit from the fleece of an elephant sheep. The last thing she received was a leather strap that wrapped around her shoulder to under her other shoulder and waste. It would allow her to attain her glider or to secure it with ease.

The next two hours were spent eating a very late dinner and packing up what was left of the food and other provisions. During this time not much was said between the two. Kohana felt that the moment would last forever if she didn't spoil it with a multitude of unfinished question. They would have to wait for later, she thought as she packed her remaining gear.

"Are you all ready?"

Kohana nearly jumped as she turned around to see her brother standing behind her. "Don't do that! But yes I am ready. But why do we have to leave in such a hurry. The sun is barley up yet."

The boy strode away from her and through the tall grass. Hurrying to catch up Kohana walked beside him. Suddenly the brother pointed at a distant cliff as he stopped.

"That is where we will meet master," proclaimed the boy. "He is waiting on the outskirts of the temple. He has been waiting for a long time now but he is kind and understands the circumstances."

"But how did he know?"

"While you were bathing he came to visit and I informed him of our situation. He was most pleased and is eager for our arrival." The boy then turned toward Kohana and smiled again. "We shouldn't keep our master waiting, should we?"

With butterflies in her stomach Kohana nodded her head in agreement. She didn't know where this adventure was going to take her but she knew she could not wait to find out. "I can't wait to go but I can't help but feel as if I have forgotten something. I feel as if..."

The brother turned around and clasped his hand on her shoulder. He stared at her with eyes of reassurance and ease. "Don't worry my sister... our master will provide for you everything you need. Now climb onto my back and hold on tight."

Kohana obediently did as she was asked and hugged his shoulders as she climbed up. As the sun peeked over the mountain tops Kohana knew that this was going to be a wonderful day.

"Now hold on tight and never let go," shouted the brother as his crystal began to glow."

Kohana immediately felt her stomach leave as her brother soared towards the sky toward the Northern Air-temple with fire bleeding from his hands and feet. As the wind surged through her hair, Kohana felt a pang of regret but didn't know why.

/////////////

Double09nhalf

[9355]Jul 5, 2009

Have you guys ever had an epiphany. Your thinking about something and then suddenly your mind goes beserk.

Epiphanies are the @#!%. Anywho, i have another new character on the way. SOMEBODY ELSE POST SOMETHING MEANWHILE GHAAAA

(underbreath)

%&$#ing stupid summer vacation...

Dafoose

[9356]Jul 5, 2009
    Lol, 09 on a bad day. xD

Double09nhalf

[9357]Jul 6, 2009

Dafoose wrote:
    Lol, 09 on a bad day. xD

Hmmph, 09 on a bad day. You haven't seen 09 on a bad day. O9 will be having a very bad day if Hollywood screws up the Avatar movie.

the entire city shall crumble and blood shall flow like a Fricken river if they do... so basically death by biblical portortions

Dafoose

[9358]Jul 15, 2009
    I r planning my next post.

ThatLostGuy

[9359]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 11
    Hello Everyone!!!

I know what you're all thinking right now. Some of you are shouting in your head, "YES!! THANK GOD!! The king, the leader, the big man on campus, TLG, is baaaaaack!!!" And that's what you shoullld be thinking. *looks at Mini Pervy Sage 09*

Stop thinking opposite thoughts You know ya love me baby

I checked all the posts out up until the last time I appeared here and I've gotta say it's nice to see Vegnegun and DJ back in action. Also, it's great seeing Dafoose, 09er, BaiMao, EMAN, and everyone else still posting here. Long live this Avatar RPG!! I love it with all my heart!! Honestly, I do. Whenever I was down and depressed I'd just make Willy Woo kill some babies, maybe with his buddies Hevet or Rexsten. Or sometimes I'd just have the Fire Nation Hitmen cause some mischeif within the ranks. All in good fun my dear watson!

Anyway, to get to the point, since no one remembers Willy's story, there's no point to carry on with the life of Biff Brewster. Therefore, I am willing to create a new character and start posting once again. Perhaps, with Vegnegun??? I dunno.

As for where I've been? Passed out in a ditch, drunk and high. Working five days a week. Partying a little too much. Having an AWESOME summer!! So much fun. I'm glad to be back, still working, still busy, but nonetheless BACK. So how is everyone?