We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar RPG*: Create your own Bender

Dafoose

[9301]May 31, 2009
    • level: 19

Kela Dasman; Waterbender, Day 129. Fight on the Bridge to the Barracks, Midnight.

The time finally came for Kela Dasman to fight. Not only was Kela fighting for his life, but for his friends too. If he couldn't defeat Aires bodyguard, Shao Mao, Mar, Evelet and Saze would be overwhelmed. Kela knelt, then sprung up from the snow covered bridge into the air. A water whip in his hand, he was launching a forward blow. Shao jumped high into the air, whipping wind around Kela's hair. Chills fell down Kela's spine, experiencing the fight with a heightened sense of things. Shao landed behind Kela and blasted Air toward Kela. Kela began losing his footing, so he fastened his feet in the ice. The wind burned his face slightly and Kela grunted at the blisters of ice that happened to make their way across his face. A few cuts and scrapes appeared on Kela's Cheek.

Fortunately, Kela was on the other side of the bridge. He started running back towards the temple away from the barracks, away from Shao. "Oh, you're not going anywhere!" Shouted Shao. After exhaling softly, Shao took a huge breath, the air was sucking Kela backwards as he tried to run on the slippery ice. Once again, Kela twisted his feet in a steadfast position. Once the sucking ending, Kela started running. Shao Mao released the air in his lungs with a powerful force knocking Kela down face first, sliding across the icy bridge towards the temple. When Kela got up from his fall, he heard Shao exhaling softly again, and Kela knew this was his chance. Kela drew some water from his waterskin and made a small icicle. As Shao began inhaling again, Kela chucked the hand made icicle toward Shao Mao. Shao Sucked up the icicle through his mouth. It instantly impaled his throat. Shao began coughing immediately after, ridding the icicle from his throat, spitting up a ton of blood from his mouth. His eyes watered and froze in the frosty air as the soreness from the injury began to take it's course on his tense throat muscles. Shao repeatedly coughed blood and grabbed his throat. His eyes were red and floating, he punched his stomach to get him air, as he gasped for a fresh breath. After falling to his knees Kela ran up to him and froze his hands and feet. "I'll let fate decide if you live or die." Kela started running towards the temple again, hoping he would arrive in time to find his friends safely.

After Kela arrived at the temple, the halls echoed with unusual foot prints. Kela walked around the eerie hallways looking for friends. As he was walking, he detected unfamiliar voices in the Hallway of the history of the Watertribe. Among paintings of the undead, mystical beams of orange light and a picture of a buffalo, he heard the voices around the corner. He stopped walking and listened.
    "That b*tch is dead." Said a hefty voice. Another distinct voice, filled with intelligence replied, "Mar must be a great obstacle in his plans if he wants her eliminated this quickly." He heard the two grunts moving around, pacing. Kela sighed, 'Mar is still alive. That must mean they were relocated successfully.' Suddenly, the hefty voice cried, "We're being followed!" Kela panicked. Dumbfounded, he jumped into the corridor the two men were conversing in. "HAAA!!" cried Kela. Bluffing, he merely said, "So you knew?" The two men weren't paying attention to him previously. But when Kela shouted, they both turned around and looked confused. The Hefty voice made a confused sound. He was a tall black man with a grizzly beard and dreadlocks and gray armour. The other man was another tall man, with blonde hair to the shoulders, carrying a serrated sword and a water tribe disguise.

They turned around to see Kela Dasman. Kela's face went from surprise to confusion. Alamno and another barracuda jumped from the icy patches in the walls, soaking wet. They grabbed the two men from behind and began strangling them. Alamno snapped the neck of the black man, while the barracuda frosted the white man against the wall of history. "Thanks for showing up there, Kela." Said the chief. "We were waiting for them to get distracted in one direction so they couldn't see us coming. Perfect timing for ambush." The chief smiled. He pushed the dead man aside to the wall with his leg while the barracuda began interrogating the other intruder in a deep mumbling voice. The chief put his hand on Kela's shoulder, "Mar and the others are safe for now. We've counted the number of intruders to 6. According to reports, there were three airbenders, two firebenders, and one earthbender." The barracude lifted the tall white man up against the wall. The intruder spat on the barracuda's face, smearing the facepaint. Unkindly, the barracuda smacked him on the ground, pinned him, and began softly squishing his throat. "What is your name?" The man began hoarsly and coarsely replying, "Keelaf." He croaked. "What type of bender are you?" Mumbled the barracuda. Keelaf desperately tried sitting up and breathing, but he croaked still, "AirrrrRRRR!" After getting a lung full of air, Keelaf exhaled a powerful gust, knocking the barracuda down. Grabbing his throat, coughing hoarse, he began sprinting toward the barracks across the bridge. The chief looked to the barracuda, "Get reinforcements quickly and stop him.

Kela watched as the barracuda began running towards the barracks. The chief began walking towards the entry way of the temple. Kela followed and started explaining what happened to him earlier. "Chief, I fought an airbender earlier who said he was Aires bodyguard!" The chief kept walking. After a pause in talking, the chief said, "then that means Aires is here, and he knows you fought with his bodyguard." Kela looked down and realized what had happened. It was dark on that bridge, Aires could've been behind him for all he knew. But as Kela knew, Aires was a coward, and apparently did not care if people thought he was a coward or not.

"Chief, do you know where the others are being held?" Asked Kela. They began walking around around the corners of the hallways of the temple till they came to a dead end. "Yes, I know where they are, we are heading towards them through this secret passage." The Chief melted the dead end wall, which made a dark passageway, only large enough for crouching individuals. They were walking for while until they came to a glowing light of orange lamplight, showing through the ice. Before Exiting, the chief saw through the glass ice and scouted the area out. The barracks were filled with unusual types, including the man, Shao Mao. Next to Shao Mao was Aires, standing over him. Shao was on his knees, coughing hoarse and massaging his injured thorax.

Aires took his sword and dropped it on the spine of Shao. The chief and Kela could here Aires voice resonate deftly through the ice, where it had to be silent enough to hear, "Imperfection, imperfect relationships, and imperfect bodyguards are nothing but a waste of my time."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Double09nhalf

[9302]May 31, 2009
    • level: 10

Sugoi!!! kinda short battle but i always enjoy reading your posts. I enjoy them almost as much as I enjoy writing mine

But um... MAKE MORE please

Dafoose

[9303]May 31, 2009
    Double09nhalf wrote:

Sugoi!!! kinda short battle but i always enjoy reading your posts. I enjoy them almost as much as I enjoy writing mine

You got it cheif.

and there will be more fighting, I just thought it would be awkward if the first fight scene I made in my entire story was long, I would have a problem following it up.

The short fights are there because they are naturally short. Not much to say except a couple of grunts getting their asses kicked.

PIKACHU! USE THUNDERSHOCK!

Edited on 05/31/2009 11:27pm

Eman5805

[9304]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 14
    The Daf's back. Man, I just realized I hadn't posted in a good lil clip, eh?

Double09nhalf

[9305]Jun 1, 2009
    Dafoose wrote:
    Double09nhalf wrote:

You got it cheif.

and there will be more fighting, I just thought it would be awkward if the first fight scene I made in my entire story was long, I would have a problem following it up.

The short fights are there because they are naturally short. Not much to say except a couple of grunts getting their asses kicked.

PIKACHU! USE THUNDERSHOCK!

I've seen worse mice then him... her? IT?

Double09nhalf

[9307]Jun 2, 2009

I put a lot of theories into this story and I would like your input on them. Thank you...

///////////

Siam - Air bender

Mrs. Yoji - earth bender

~~Camping just outide the mountain range that surrounds the northern air temple~~

//////////////

"Siam, concentrate your attack. The strength and distance of your attack is determined by its focus."

Siam sidestepped Mrs. Yoji's next attack then swung her staff horizontally at the next one. The blade of air flew straight at the boulder and smacked it head of stopping the attack. With all its momentum gone the giant rock fell to the ground with a scar that marred its face.

Siam was surprised that she could stop the boulder dead in its tracks but was also discouraged that she had failed to split the rock. "I don't know how to form a sharp edge with a round staff, Mrs. Yoji. I'm not sure if it's even possible."

Mrs. Yoji sighed and shook her head. "It's possible but maybe you're not ready yet." Mrs. Yoji pondered for a second looking at the ground. She spotted a round rock and picked it up. "Siam... I want you to attack me with a ranged air attack. Do it with as hard as you can."

With a confused look on her face Siam silently obeyed. She twirled her body around and swung her staff with it to create a blast of wind. The attack charged at Mrs. Yoji at an alarming rate. When it reached the woman she brought her arm out and jumped in the air while letting the attack strike her hand. The momentum spun Mrs. Yoji midair in a circle. At the last moment she released the rock she had been holding and sent it flying past Siam. The rock hit the earth hard and continued spinning where it hit.

Siam stared in awe at the force she had just witnessed. "M-Mrs. Yoji, that was amazing! But how did you do it?"

"What do you mean how did I do it? Isn't it obvious? I performed it just how you saw it. By using the momentum in your attack I was able to add my own strength to double the attacks power. Although my hand is a little numb... But to perform this feat you need to know a couple things. First of all, when you do this you need to flow with your opponents attack. If you react to slow you will receive the brunt of the force and possible lose your hand or leg. If you go too fast, you lose the majority of the momentum you wanted to use..."

Desperately trying to keep up Siam figured that it made sense but it all sounded rather complicated to her.

"...Lastly," continued Mrs. Yoji. "You need to practice controlling your spin and when to release your attack. This technique is very dangerous but is very effective when performed correctly."

For the next couple hours Mrs. Yoji showed Siam how to practice the technique by herself and how to adapt the technique to the different elements. By the end Siam found herself very worn out and exhausted. As evening approached they called it a day and sat in the hut next to the fire. Mrs. Yoji stared at the fire for a second then turned to Siam.

"Siam there is one more thing I want to teach you before we head out tonight."

"But I'm completely worn out," complained Siam.

"It is only a technique that I've hypothesized on so I don't expect you to do anything. Listen and answer this question. What does a fire bender's fire come from?"

Siam paused and stared at the fire but then shook her head.

"Fire benders are actually gathering together particles of heat released by the sun. This is why when there is a solar eclipse they can't bend fire to their will. But then they gather these particles together they use the air as fuel to actually burn. Now my theory is that what if an air bender created a vacuum of space in the path or around a fire attack. The lack of air would demolish even the largest of fire attack. The only problem is that even if one could create a vacuum that is devoid of air, the strain of maintaining it is too great." Mrs. Yoji again stared into the crackling fire as her thoughts trailed off. "In theory at least," she ended. "Anywho, I want to arrive at the temple tomorrow morning at use the cover of darkness to assist us in arriving there safely. We'll be sleeping for a couple hours then we'll pack up and leave. Good night."

"Good night," Siam replied as she recounted what Mrs. Yoji had taught her. It was very surprising how much Mrs. Yoji new that Siam had never even read or heard of. One day I'll have to interview Mrs. Yoji for more of her theories to complete my work, thought Siam as she killed the fire and fell asleep.

Meanwhile outside a couple of eyes peered through the trees and glanced at the make shift house that stood out like a sore thumb. The lone figure silently leapt to the ground and proceeded toward the small hut with harmful intent.

//////////

tHeSpArKz

[9308]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 3

amazing. you guys are still here?

8000 posts later and tlg is still the king. i'm duly impressed.

i just came to... well to check out the new tv.com. and that i have a running debt to this thread. so i'm here, and... slightly inspired to write for avatar.

but uh, i'm not gonna. so i see only two veterans in the past two pages. i don't know the rest of you guys, though many of you seem like good writers.

tlg, i'll come back when you hit 20 000 and i'll snatch that 20 000 from you. BWAHAHAHAHAHA and so forth.

tHeSpArKz

Double09nhalf

[9309]Jun 3, 2009
    tHeSpArKz wrote:

amazing. you guys are still here?

8000 posts later and tlg is still the king. i'm duly impressed.

i just came to... well to check out the new tv.com. and that i have a running debt to this thread. so i'm here, and... slightly inspired to write for avatar.

but uh, i'm not gonna. so i see only two veterans in the past two pages. i don't know the rest of you guys, though many of you seem like good writers.

tlg, i'll come back when you hit 20 000 and i'll snatch that 20 000 from you. BWAHAHAHAHAHA and so forth.

tHeSpArKz

Actually TLG left and Dafoose is the new oppointed leader. And actually there are at least 3 vets that still post they just don't do it that often. We could use all the vets we can get. And the 20000 post... TLG (aka Pervy Sage) Already said that he was going to snag that one. Hello? Sparkz hello...

(Cricket noises)

Dafoose

[9310]Jun 3, 2009
    Actually, TLG said he was going to take 10,000.

And there are about 5 vets that post on a regular basis. xD
    Me, 09, (Now) FLZ, Confucious, Baimao, and moar.

Eman5805

[9311]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 14
    Dafoose wrote:
    Actually, TLG said he was going to take 10,000.

And there are about 5 vets that post on a regular basis. xD
    Me, 09, (Now) FLZ, Confucious, Baimao, and moar.

When did I change my name to moar, me wonders.

djdfire

[9312]Jun 3, 2009
    Dafoose wrote:
    Actually, TLG said he was going to take 10,000. And there are about 5 vets that post on a regular basis. xD Me, 09, (Now) FLZ, Confucious, Baimao, and moar.
    And after Baimao finishes with his finale, I soon will become a regular poster once more! =)

Dafoose

[9313]Jun 3, 2009
    Nice.

Moar = eman. xD

And we are awesome vets, there are quite few of us.

BaiMaoRieji

[9314]Jun 4, 2009
    • level: 8

I shall try to post the next chapter today.

EDIT: Never mind. Not happening.

Edited on 06/04/2009 2:12pm

Dafoose

[9315]Jun 5, 2009
    BaiMaoRieji wrote:

*sad face*

Double09nhalf

[9316]Jun 5, 2009
    Dafoose wrote:
    BaiMaoRieji wrote:

*sad face*

ditto

vegnegun

[9318]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 11
    Well well well, what have we here? Still alive, oh ho, can't say I'm surprised. One thing that's always impressed me about this place is how it never dies. Sure, the posts are looking far between, much further than when I was a regular here, but they're recent.

Ha, it's good to see this place still kicking and whatnot. And it's not all spam, another surprise. You are all still RPing strong and without zombies (God I hope so, at least). I hope the outlandish style this place had when I had to leave has... calmed itself into a more avatar-realistic way.

So who's all left around here? I see Eman, Mao, Dafoose, and of course Double09nhalf....

I might come back with seriousness this time, due to the fact my last few attempts to re-enter this place were... well half-@$$ed. It being summer and all, and since I don't have the money to leave my town, I'll have a lot of time to fill.

djdfire

[9319]Jun 7, 2009
    vegnegun wrote:
    Well well well, what have we here? Still alive, oh ho, can't say I'm surprised. One thing that's always impressed me about this place is how it never dies. Sure, the posts are looking far between, much further than when I was a regular here, but they're recent. Ha, it's good to see this place still kicking and whatnot. And it's not all spam, another surprise. You are all still RPing strong and without zombies (God I hope so, at least). I hope the outlandish style this place had when I had to leave has... calmed itself into a more avatar-realistic way. So who's all left around here? I see Eman, Mao, Dafoose, and of course Double09nhalf.... I might come back with seriousness this time, due to the fact my last few attempts to re-enter this place were... well half-@$$ed. It being summer and all, and since I don't have the money to leave my town, I'll have a lot of time to fill.
    Well, it's always great to see that one of the first people of this never-ending RPG wants to return. Great to to see you Vegnegun.

vegnegun

[9320]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 11

djdfire wrote:
    vegnegun wrote:
    Well well well, what have we here? Still alive, oh ho, can't say I'm surprised. One thing that's always impressed me about this place is how it never dies. Sure, the posts are looking far between, much further than when I was a regular here, but they're recent. Ha, it's good to see this place still kicking and whatnot. And it's not all spam, another surprise. You are all still RPing strong and without zombies (God I hope so, at least). I hope the outlandish style this place had when I had to leave has... calmed itself into a more avatar-realistic way. So who's all left around here? I see Eman, Mao, Dafoose, and of course Double09nhalf.... I might come back with seriousness this time, due to the fact my last few attempts to re-enter this place were... well half-@$$ed. It being summer and all, and since I don't have the money to leave my town, I'll have a lot of time to fill.
    Well, it's always great to see that one of the first people of this never-ending RPG wants to return. Great to to see you Vegnegun.

Thanks djdfire, nice to see you again too. Yeah, the whole Thanatos saga thing TLG convinced me to do... gah, it turned me off from RPing for a while here. This is actually the only RPG that's succeeded so far that I've been a part of. TLG hosted a Heroes RPG that died a few months ago, then some other RPGs just didn't get far off the ground. I'm glad to see this one still thriving.

Mind filling me in real quick on what's going on? lol it's okay if you don't want to.