We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar RPG*: Create your own Bender

Kyusho-Jitsu

[121]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 5

Yeah I completely agree with the whole "overpowered" stuff.

This is supposed to be based off of Avatar, and it clearly states that there is only one Avatar, and that you can't bend more than one element unless you're the Avatar.

Be creative! You don't really have to be a bender to be cool... Remember the YuuYan Archers? They were tight, and yet they couldn't bend.

Also, I checked out the site, and boy it was great. Don't forget to use the pics of our characters

Pic of Orinth should be on page like 4 or 3 or this thread. Too lazy to look myself

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vegnegun

[124]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 11

Oh, here's thr URL for the pic that I believe best fits my vision for General Scorch, except for the fact Scorch has red eyes. Use it for my Character pic in your RPG website.

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs4/300W/i/2004/207/2/2/Reno_FF.jpg

And no, I did not make this myself.

BTW, go ahead and use "Scorch" for short when you write your stories. General is just a??title??and formality.

Edited on 11/20/2006 7:00pm

TheGreatAvatar

[125]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 4
    vegnegun wrote:
    TheGreatAvatar wrote:
    vegnegun wrote:

TheGreatAvatar wrote:
    Red death(all elements)

*leaving the govener's palace in omashu*

I noticed some flames popping everywhere, but from where i was, i thought it was just some dynamite exploding.
    It was time to go back home to rest..I slipped through the ground and came out of the ground at my temperary home in omashu
    my home was underground
    when i got home, i was about to rest on my bed, when i noticed there was a bloody fire nation general lying on my bed with a knife in his back.
    i figured this was one of the rare times i could use my waterbending healing.
    I slowly took the knife out of his back and healed him...then i left him to lie on the bed for the night while i slept on the ground

Did you read my post before yours? The two stories don't add up at all! The man that helped Scorch was a shamon and an earth bender named Kujo. And Kujo infused the spirit of flame, Pyro the great dragon, into Scorch that allowed him to heal. If you will, a Yue solution.

So, if you wouldn't mind, change it so that it makes sense with mine or that you meet me later or something, or just delete it.

...u edited ures after i posted....

Okay, that was my bad. But, I can make this work, somehow.

How about your character leaves because he thinks my character has died. My characters wounds were more than water-bending could take care of, hence, why the shamon, Kujo, that liberated your temporary home had to infuse Pyro into Scorch.

I figure this would be nuetral ground for both of us, requiring little change in either story.

Our paths might cross again, depending on the fact if we somehow meet again.

im down with that...but just so u no....im staying in omashu for another few months before i go back to ba sing se=)

Kyusho-Jitsu

[126]Nov 20, 2006

Orinth (Martial Artist)-

- The General was gone.??He had never seen an enemy like this.

"This man... was definitely not a regular Fire Nation soldier."??he thought to himself. "He is fast... we ganged up, three on one and we still couldn't take him... Why... must I always fail..."

At that moment a memory flashes in Orinth's mind. A village in flames. People and children running and shouting, and the great fire chasing it's prey. A child in the midst of it all. Baffled. Unable to move. Devastated. Finally his legs start to move and he flees his village, his family, and his past, as they are all destroyed.

Orinth stopped breathing for a second.

"........... Mom..." he whispered. ".................................................. I'm sorry." -

Kyusho-Jitsu

[127]Nov 20, 2006

Hey Leo, nice job on the story... but it's out of order

I think it's in reverse chronological order. The beginning of the RPG is at the end

ThatLostGuy

[128]Nov 20, 2006
    I updated the website...there are RULES there! Read the rules carefully, twice if you have to!

TheGreatAvatar

[129]Nov 20, 2006
    as i leave my underground home, i start following the road...
    a few miles down, i see 3 kids talking to eachother about a fire nation soldier

i walk up to the kids and ask"is everything ok?"
    they look up at me and see that im a fire nation guard

(its up for u to continue willy or ornith=))

ThatLostGuy

[130]Nov 20, 2006
    Kyusho-Jitsu wrote:

Hey Leo, nice job on the story... but it's out of order

I think it's in reverse chronological order. The beginning of the RPG is at the end

Personally, if someone wants to catch up on the RPG they should just read every page. Its not that bad! Personally, I think it will be fun...Also, I think that you should delete those twho huge posts you just made. If someone wants to catch up they can read all the pages or they can take the more general and easy way out by reading the website which will hopefully be perfect within the next couple of days...

Kyusho-Jitsu

[131]Nov 20, 2006

Orinth (Martial Artist)-

- A Fire Nation guard approached??Willy's group??as they were leaving Omashu. He asked if everything was okay. Orinth had had enough annoyances for a day. He left the decision to fight or not on Willy's and Rex's hands.-

Leodegarioiii

[132]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 6

PLEASE PUT

NAME and

STATUS on every post, so we can add that easyly to the story so far.

ThatLostGuy

[133]Nov 20, 2006
    TheGreatAvatar wrote:
    as i leave my underground home, i start following the road...
    a few miles down, i see 3 kids talking to eachother about a fire nation soldier

i walk up to the kids and ask"is everything ok?"
    they look up at me and see that im a fire nation guard

(its up for u to continue willy or ornith=))

You really have to send me that message of who your character is. Go read the rules on the website and follow the instrucions. Then, send me the message after you have read the rules. Becuase personally I don't know who your character is. Are you a Dai-li, a fire bending general, a shaman? LOL...

vegnegun

[134]Nov 20, 2006

ThatLostGuy wrote:
    I updated the website...there are RULES there! Read the rules carefully, twice if you have to!

I just sent you a description, origins, mission in life, best fit pic, and list of powers and abilities for General Scorch.

Oh, just a quick rule sugguestion:

in the event that two stories follow the same characters at the same time, the creators must come to a mutual agreement to change and/or delete??one. If the creators cannot come to a peaceful agreement, or nogatiate, it will be up to the fourm leader, thatlostguy, to decide which will stay and which will go.

I will let you, thatlostguy, decide whether you want to use it as a rule or not.

Edited on 11/20/2006 7:15pm

ThatLostGuy

[135]Nov 20, 2006
    Leodegarioiii wrote:

PLEASE PUT

NAME and

STATUS on every post, so we can add that easyly to the story so far.

OOOOH, yes, good point! I will add that to the rules of the website. Also, expect character profile's on the website by tomorrow at most. I might not get to it tonight...

TheGreatAvatar

[136]Nov 20, 2006
    red death(master of earth and fire)

looks at the group of kids while they stare at eachother...
    I figured nothing was going on, so i walked slowly away, but still making sure they dont do anything suspicious

ThatLostGuy

[136]Nov 20, 2006
    vegnegun wrote:

ThatLostGuy wrote:

I just sent you a description, origins, mission in life, best fit pic, and list of powers and abilities for General Scorch.

Oh, just a quick rule sugguestion:

in the event that two stories follow the same characters at the same time, the creators must come to a mutual agreement to change and/or delete??one. If the creators cannot come to a peaceful agreement, or nogatiate, it will be up to the fourm leader, thatlostguy, to decide which will stay and which will go.

I will let you, thatlostguy, decide whether you want to use it as a rule or not.

Sounds good with me. This is an RPG guys, if people post at the same time it is very easy to simply click "Edit Message" and change/add like two sentences.

Eman5805

[138]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 14

(Okay, thanks I'm all caught up now, but if you don't mind I'll tell Rexsten's story from 3rd person)

Rexsten (Earthbender)

Rexsten rolled his eyes at??Willy Woo's insistence on refering to Rexsten as his friend and??looked at his father's old home in anger. Rexsten didn't particularly care for Omashu but to see anything of the Earth Kingdom under Fire Nation control made him sick to his stomach. But Rexsten wasn't the sort of person who put his life on the line unless there was something in it for him. And to blindly storm the city would lead to a swift and sure slaughter. But, Rexsten wasn't there to liberate Omashu, he and Willy Woo had a much simpler goal...Kill Firebenders. Rexsten cracked a grin at that thought. Rexsten didn't take enjoyment in killing normally, but with Firebenders, he took very special "care" to ensure the if an enemy stepped into his path that could shoot fire out of their arms, they would stop breathing that day. Rexsten's Ricochet Rock could cave a chest in with one strike, if he let it loose full force. He was working on using more than one boulder at once in his attack.??It's a tough manuver controlling one without accidentally hitting himself, but Rexsten was more than certain he??nearly perfected it, he just needed to practice it first. Which is part of??the reason??Rexsten??decided to??go to Omashu.??Maybe I should try it out on Willy Woo first, Rexsten thought maliciously with a chuckle.
    "Something funny, Rex? Mind filling me in on the joke?" Willy Woo asked.
    "Wouldn't you like to know."

Edited on 11/20/2006 7:39pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Leodegarioiii

[139]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 6

Also if you are going to add something it CAN'T be 2 sentences, this is an RPG not a chat.

Alsosome one will have to do the sotory so far thing. I messed up.

Edited on 11/20/2006 7:23pm

TheGreatAvatar

[140]Nov 20, 2006
    Leodegarioiii wrote:
    Also if you are going to add something it CAN'T be 2 sestences, this is an RPG not a chat.

uhhh..maybe if u want the other character(s) that ure interacting with to make the choice of what to do next..u leave it to them...
    i know we can make actions for other ppl, but what if we dont want to...