We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Another series of Avatar

jmdmage

[1]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 2

What would it be like? I'd say it would have to be say 10 years in the future, with Aang as the Guardian of Earth. When:A NEW villaian arises, with a bunch of past villains. (i.e, hama, azula, long feng, etc.), AND he is another Avatar also frozen solid all the while Aanga was saving the world...but this one is corrupted, and has a dark avatar state.

WHat do YOU guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

doomed_soul89

[2]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 5
    I think it should be a direct spin off and use one of the main characters as the main character instead of aang maybe soka or zuko

Pablo_808

[3]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 14
    jmdmage wrote:

AND he is another Avatar also frozen solid all the while Aanga was saving the world...but this one is corrupted, and has a dark avatar state.

WHat do YOU guys think?

You're not the only one that mentioned the idea of a "Dark Avatar" around here. If anything, a spin-off seems more possible to make than an entirely new series IMHO.

Water78

[4]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 47
    Pablo_808 wrote:
    jmdmage wrote:

AND he is another Avatar also frozen solid all the while Aanga was saving the world...but this one is corrupted, and has a dark avatar state.

WHat do YOU guys think?

You're not the only one that mentioned the idea of a "Dark Avatar" around here. If anything, a spin-off seems more possible to make than an entirely new series IMHO.

not sure about that alot people around here think momo is going to start another war so there's ur dark avatar

Pablo_808

[5]Jul 26, 2008
    Water78 wrote:
    Pablo_808 wrote:
    jmdmage wrote:

WHat do YOU guys think?

not sure about that alot people around here think momo is going to start another war so there's ur dark avatar

I guess my sig makes sense after all.

BradyBannister5

[6]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 10

Not a bad idea, very creative.

However, next time try finding a thread about this before posting, so we can save space.

azulasexxy

[7]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 3

i do not really like the "dark avatar" idea.

it just sounds weird

like saying

"a apple."

-TheSecondSign-

[8]Jul 26, 2008
    • level: 8

New characters set in the reconstruction period after the war. Reconstruction after a large scale war offers plenty of interesting opporunities for old badguys and new badguys.

jmdmage

[9]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    ahhhh, so true.

Jackson5050

[10]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    The spinoff will focus on the first Avatar's story and why the Avatar was created in the first place. It will be called: Avatar: The Legend Begins. It is not confirmed, but I would bet money on it.

TheGreatBishop

[11]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    jmdmage wrote:

What would it be like? I'd say it would have to be say 10 years in the future, with Aang as the Guardian of Earth. When:A NEW villaian arises, with a bunch of past villains. (i.e, hama, azula, long feng, etc.), AND he is another Avatar also frozen solid all the while Aanga was saving the world...but this one is corrupted, and has a dark avatar state.

WHat do YOU guys think?

If there was another Avatar frozen, that would be quite redundant. This whole "Dark Avatar" theory is also very illogical and wouldn't make too much sense.

Though I do like the idea, of a new story set 10 years into the future, with a new cast, and maybe a few appearances from the original gAang.

Jackson5050 wrote:
    The spinoff will focus on the first Avatar's story and why the Avatar was created in the first place. It will be called: Avatar: The Legend Begins. It is not confirmed, but I would bet money on it.
    God I hope not, that would be terribly lame IMO.

I think they could do more if the universe pushed forwards, and we see what happens later on, not what happened in the past. That would also ruin the lore and legend of the 1st Avatar, if they basically did an entire series on how it was created.

yogi_tulsii

[12]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 6
    jmdmage wrote:

AND he is another Avatar also frozen solid all the while Aanga was saving the world

Impossible. There can only be 1 avatar at a time.

TitanPredator

[13]Aug 13, 2008

Well, if they would make a new series, it should not be about a dark avatar. There can only be one at the time, and the idea is very lame. And about the first Avatar, that doesn't seem good to me. If they do there will be no mysteries left in the series. I just think IF they are going to make a new series, it should just be about the gAang. There are plenty of things that can happen.

Looking for Zuko's mom.

Looking for Airbenders. (but if he gets children with Katara in the future, can they also become airbenders? if so, they don't need to look I guess.)

Azula escapes, and is busy terrorising people or chasing the gAang.

There are probably some Fire Nation soldiers who are still loyal to Ozai, and try to free him, or they join Azula if she escapes. Or they are just being rebels who are attacking the good soldiers or villages.

More about the OWL, and Irohs trip to the spirit world.

This could make a new series of 20 episodes I think. And maybe also a new villain.

isabelwhatx

[14]Aug 13, 2008
    Sorry, no Dark Avatar for two reasons. 1. There's only one Avatar at a time and 2. Each Avatar is good or each Avatar is bad. They all recycle the same life so if they've got a preference for darkness they would've stuck to it already. Here we go again...
    THERE WILL BE NO MORE GAANG! NO MORE AANG, KATARA, ZUKO, IROH, AZULA, SOKKA, TOPH, ANYONE! The new series, if there is one, will not contain ANY characters from the gAang. It will be based off of a new Avatar in a new time (past or future). And no, that isn't a stupid idea. It's a fabulous idea. The characters in the gAang have finished their story. There's nothing more to develop and there's no more plot to work off of. So shhh!

TitanPredator

[15]Aug 13, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:
    Sorry, no Dark Avatar for two reasons. 1. There's only one Avatar at a time and 2. Each Avatar is good or each Avatar is bad. They all recycle the same life so if they've got a preference for darkness they would've stuck to it already. Here we go again... THERE WILL BE NO MORE GAANG! NO MORE AANG, KATARA, ZUKO, IROH, AZULA, SOKKA, TOPH, ANYONE! The new series, if there is one, will not contain ANY characters from the gAang. It will be based off of a new Avatar in a new time (past or future). And no, that isn't a stupid idea. It's a fabulous idea. The characters in the gAang have finished their story. There's nothing more to develop and there's no more plot to work off of. So shhh!

There is certainly a plot to work off. The things I just said. And I know they're not going to make it about the gAang, but it's a shame. There were so many things that could have happened in a book 4. But I was just giving my opinion. Is that wrong or something? BUt realy, what could they do about a new avatar? The same as Aang? He's a child in the beginning, then he meets some friends and masters and learns the elements and then he beats the main villain in the last episode?

MajehKing

[16]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 16
    The Dark Avatar thing could be a neat spinoff. The creators could do something in the lines of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. A new avatar is chosen only after the orignal passes on. Perhaps Aang did die when he was frozen in the iceberg and somebody revived him while still trapped inside. However, that period of time when he died, the cycle moved onto the next avatar, one who was frozen in time and reborn the same as Aang.

Jackson5050

[17]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 12

"God I hope not, that would be terribly lame IMO. I think they could do more if the universe pushed forwards, and we see what happens later on, not what happened in the past. That would also ruin the lore and legend of the 1st Avatar, if they basically did an entire series on how it was created."

I vehemently disagree with you. I think the prospect of elaborating on the first Avatar would be the best route for this show. It is the one storyline that has the potential to be more epic than the legend of Aang. Ironically, the best path for Avatar's future...is its past.

Edited on 08/13/2008 7:57am

Axrendale

[18]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 10

I agree with Jackson. I do not want to see a story that ties up the loose ends of the adventures of the gaang; I feel that those loose ends do more than their fair share of keeping a large portion of the fanbase interested in this story.

Although it is a tricky process, a prequel tale can be epic, as long as it is done right. A great example of this in Avatar would be episode 306; "The Avatar and the Firelord", that was basically a prequel in miniature, and is widely considered one of the best episodes in book 3. Granted, it is fairly easy to make a prequel very, very bad (see eps 1 and 2 of Star Wars), but it is just as easy to make it good (see ep 3 of Star Wars and pretty much any tie-in novel by Mattew W. Stover or Karen Traviss).

gilvatar

[19]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 17
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    oooooOOOOOOOOooooo nice name.

Water78

[20]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 47
    l going over this - i like the idea about the first avatar and how it came to be. Even if they do that there will still be mystery