We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Another series of Avatar

isabelwhatx

[41]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 14
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    kamzts wrote:
    Proof of a new sereis: M&B said they weren't done with the avatar world yet.
    That statement from MDD is ambiguous. Continuing the Avatarverse could mean anything. It could be an indication of the mini-episodes/hour-long movies, it could mean canonical Avatar comics...it could mean just about anything.

Too true. It more than likely just meant the movies.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kamzts

[42]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 7
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    kamzts wrote:
    That statement from MDD is ambiguous. Continuing the Avatarverse could mean anything. It could be an indication of the mini-episodes/hour-long movies, it could mean canonical Avatar comics...it could mean just about anything.

the movies are based on the series not a new series.

Jackson5050

[43]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 12
    kamzts wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    kamzts wrote:
    That may be true, but MDD's statement that they were not done with the Avatarverse was ambiguous and could mean the movies. I doubt that is what MDD was refering to when he said they were not done with the Avatarverse, but it is a possibility.

libraman_92

[44]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    kamzts wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    kamzts wrote:
    That may be true, but MDD's statement that they were not done with the Avatarverse was ambiguous and could mean the movies. I doubt that is what MDD was refering to when he said they were not done with the Avatarverse, but it is a possibility.

probably changed some slight scenes, but who knows what that means? they could edit out the good parts, or change up a little bit of the parts we don't like.

isabelwhatx

[45]Aug 15, 2008
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    kamzts wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Jackson5050 wrote:
    kamzts wrote:

I think that I've been too optimistic about the whole "not done with the Avatar world yet" statement. It'll be such a depressing next few months after they announce what it really meant: Avatar trading cards -.-"

libraman_92

[46]Aug 15, 2008
    Avatar Trading Cards really wouldn't be that good. they'd make it like other anime...which'd be entirely different, and not for the better either. I like Avatar the way it is. the movie seems kind of looking forward to. But if they introduced trading cards, they'd be making Avatar fandom way down.

isabelwhatx

[47]Aug 15, 2008
    libraman_92 wrote:
    Avatar Trading Cards really wouldn't be that good. they'd make it like other anime...which'd be entirely different, and not for the better either. I like Avatar the way it is. the movie seems kind of looking forward to. But if they introduced trading cards, they'd be making Avatar fandom way down.

Ahahaha, I was kidding. All I was saying is that something ridiculous will come out of that statement that crushes my hopes and dreams. Also, Avatar isn't anime. Don't let some people catch you saying that. It'll be a slaughter.

libraman_92

[48]Aug 15, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    libraman_92 wrote:

Ahahaha, I was kidding. All I was saying is that something ridiculous will come out of that statement that crushes my hopes and dreams. Also, Avatar isn't anime. Don't let some people catch you saying that. It'll be a slaughter.

its well on its way to being. just watch what happens if Cartoon Network's Toonami gets it.

isabelwhatx

[49]Aug 15, 2008
    Anime is a different type of animation. Something doesn't become anime, it is or it isn't. Avatar isn't

libraman_92

[50]Aug 15, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Anime is a different type of animation. Something doesn't become anime, it is or it isn't. Avatar isn't

thats really true. you're a really good persuader.

isabelwhatx

[51]Aug 15, 2008
    libraman_92 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

LMAO. I feel so loved. And also like a brain washer... Maybe I should join the Dai Lee

libraman_92

[52]Aug 15, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    libraman_92 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

LMAO. I feel so loved. And also like a brain washer... Maybe I should join the Dai Lee

do that in the which nation would you want to rule forum, if you really want to.

isabelwhatx

[53]Aug 15, 2008
    I think I will for this game. That'd be much more epic. WOOT!

libraman_92

[54]Aug 15, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:

don't you mean after the actual thread's current war topic's done? and where's axrendale? again?

replay104

[55]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 5

1. There are already Avatar Upper Deck trading cards

2. In America anime refurs to Japanese animation

3. In Japan anime refurs to every time of animation (including Avatar)

4. Whats up with all these people grasping at the loose ends of Avatar? It said THE END so everyone should stop. Admire the show for what it was. Bryke created a huge world stop making these ideas for spin offs so limited! If you want another series about the gAang your focusing on 4 people instead of some other amazing people we don't know of yet

I WANT A NEW SERIES WITH NEW PEOPLE. A NEW LEGEND PLEASE BRYKE

Eman5805

[56]Aug 15, 2008
    replay104 wrote:

4. Whats up with all these people grasping at the loose ends of Avatar? It said THE END so everyone should stop. Admire the show for what it was. Bryke created a huge world stop making these ideas for spin offs so limited! If you want another series about the gAang your focusing on 4 people instead of some other amazing people we don't know of yet

I've had the "Is Avatar anime?" dicussion enough times in the past, so I won't comment on it.

But, as for the latter part, I whole heartedly agree.

Axrendale

[57]Aug 15, 2008

libraman_92 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    don't you mean after the actual thread's current war topic's done? and where's axrendale? again?

My family's on vaction at the beach, and I've only been able to come here briefly, in the evenings. I'll be back regularly on Saturday.

And I will be the new commander of the Dai Lee!

Axrendale

[58]Aug 15, 2008
    Personally, I think that it would be really cool if Avatar turned into a series of tie-in and expanded universe novels. It's unlikely that it will happen for the TV show, but if the movies succeed, it is more than possible. The best way to succeed with tie-in novels is to get original fans to do the writing, and there are plenty of Avatards who are great fanfic writers.

benerpoo

[59]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 4
    um idk about another SEASON of avatar but i wouldnt mind one or two episode epilogues to just sum things up like what happened to combustion man ( he died so lamely, falling off a cliff), zuko's mom, how sozin and azula are doing, if aang and katara got busy and made kids, same thing with soka and suki and if aang repopulated the air nomad population, ect, ect.
    Edited on 08/15/2008 7:56pm

replay104

[60]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    Eman5805 wrote:
    replay104 wrote:

I've had the "Is Avatar anime?" dicussion enough times in the past, so I won't comment on it. But, as for the latter part, I whole heartedly agree.

Lol thanks very much! I think i screwed up that shouldn't say every time it should say every type...but the message gets across.

I would love an OVA with the original characters you know? Something non-canon but uses the same characters (basically what Night is doing)