We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Another series of Avatar

aquib13

[21]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 1
    i jsut watched the last episode of avatar and it was so awesome! but im sad cuz i dont want it to end is there any proof of another series coming out. i really hope so
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libraman_92

[22]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 10
    aquib13 wrote:
    i jsut watched the last episode of avatar and it was so awesome! but im sad cuz i dont want it to end is there any proof of another series coming out. i really hope so

no proof...yet

TitanPredator

[23]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 5
    Axrendale wrote:

I agree with Jackson. I do not want to see a story that ties up the loose ends of the adventures of the gaang; I feel that those loose ends do more than their fair share of keeping a large portion of the fanbase interested in this story.

Although it is a tricky process, a prequel tale can be epic, as long as it is done right. A great example of this in Avatar would be episode 306; "The Avatar and the Firelord", that was basically a prequel in miniature, and is widely considered one of the best episodes in book 3. Granted, it is fairly easy to make a prequel very, very bad (see eps 1 and 2 of Star Wars), but it is just as easy to make it good (see ep 3 of Star Wars and pretty much any tie-in novel by Mattew W. Stover or Karen Traviss).

I (again ) don't agree with you. IF they'd make a book 4 of the gAang, it would be awesome to know what's going to happen. Like will they find Zuko's mom? Will Azula escape? All we can do now is discuss about it. But after a while there will be nothing left to discuss, because everything has been discussed. Like from the most powerfull bender to Zutara vs Kataang. (BTW do you think there is a difference between most powerfull bender and most skilled in combat bender, cause if you think there is we can discuss that couse there hasn't been made a thread about that.)

But the first avatar would be cool, but they realy should NOT make it like Aang. He should master all 4 elements ofcourse, but not on the same way as Aang did. Not from his friends while being chased by someone.

libraman_92

[24]Aug 13, 2008
    TitanPredator wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

I agree with Jackson. I do not want to see a story that ties up the loose ends of the adventures of the gaang; I feel that those loose ends do more than their fair share of keeping a large portion of the fanbase interested in this story.

Although it is a tricky process, a prequel tale can be epic, as long as it is done right. A great example of this in Avatar would be episode 306; "The Avatar and the Firelord", that was basically a prequel in miniature, and is widely considered one of the best episodes in book 3. Granted, it is fairly easy to make a prequel very, very bad (see eps 1 and 2 of Star Wars), but it is just as easy to make it good (see ep 3 of Star Wars and pretty much any tie-in novel by Mattew W. Stover or Karen Traviss).

I (again ) don't agree with you. IF they'd make a book 4 of the gAang, it would be awesome to know what's going to happen. Like will they find Zuko's mom? Will Azula escape? All we can do now is discuss about it. But after a while there will be nothing left to discuss, because everything has been discussed. Like from the most powerfull bender to Zutara vs Kataang. (BTW do you think there is a difference between most powerfull bender and most skilled in combat bender, cause if you think there is we can discuss that couse there hasn't been made a thread about that.)

But the first avatar would be cool, but they realy should NOT make it like Aang. He should master all 4 elements ofcourse, but not on the same way as Aang did. Not from his friends while being chased by someone.

sheesh, you guys with the tv.com sigs are so hard to tell apart. seriously.

1up5hr00m

[25]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    proof? how about: "Where. Is. My Mother!" - Zuko ending it open like that would not only be the most disappointing thing to happen to this entire series, but also cause such a riot that nick couldn't handle the hate (e)mail that would come pouring in.
    Edited on 08/13/2008 4:28pm

Axrendale

[26]Aug 13, 2008
    It doesn't matter how much we complain about it - we're not going to get another series of Avatar until after the Shyamalan movies, which, if they are successful, almost guarentee the creation of a spin-off series.

isabelwhatx

[27]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    TitanPredator wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

If they made a new season off of those loose ends, then it would only last a couple chapters. You can't make twenty chapters on two or three unanswered questions. It would hold no plot line, just be a jumble of loose ends that are now tied.

death_soul89

[28]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 1
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    TitanPredator wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

If they made a new season off of those loose ends, then it would only last a couple chapters. You can't make twenty chapters on two or three unanswered questions. It would hold no plot line, just be a jumble of loose ends that are now tied.

Um the show really had no episodes that were based on the plot, and the world is still rather broken and tensions are still high between nations sounds like they have plenty to me

Axrendale

[29]Aug 13, 2008
    death_soul89 wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    TitanPredator wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

Um the show really had no episodes that were based on the plot, and the world is still rather broken and tensions are still high between nations sounds like they have plenty to me

You lost me at "no episodes that were based on the plot". Every episode was tied into the plot; that's the definition of the word plot. Every chapter in Avatar was another step on the journey - sometimes a step in the wrong direction, but a step none the less. A new season needs some kind of "journey" that the heroes can take, not necessarily a literal journey, but a journey all the same, if you know what I mean.

A plot is one of the great necessities of a good story. Failing a plot, it ceases to be a story.

Edited on 08/13/2008 8:33pm

[30]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    i remember someone saying that the next series should be about the avatar that was born when aang died (if he supposedly died) in CoD.......and he tries to defeat aang to be the true avatar......so ya.....that would be pretty cool.....an evil waterbender though??? i dont know....waterbenders seem like they dont betray....or become bad...except hamah.....but....she's weird...and like the only one....or she's crazy in da head

speechless8582

[31]Aug 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    i remember someone saying that the next series should be about the avatar that was born when aang died (if he supposedly died) in CoD.......and he tries to defeat aang to be the true avatar......so ya.....that would be pretty cool.....an evil waterbender though??? i dont know....waterbenders seem like they dont betray....or become bad...except hamah.....but....she's weird...and like the only one....or she's crazy in da head
    well he would never be able to be a fully realized avatar because he would have no one to teach him air bending. And i hate that idea because it means Aang would have to die. I luvs Aang!

[32]Aug 13, 2008

speechless8582 wrote:
    well he would never be able to be a fully realized avatar because he would have no one to teach him air bending. And i hate that idea because it means Aang would have to die. I luvs Aang!

no.....i mean, if he died after the azula hit...and then came back to life...but then in that time when he was dead....another avatar was born!!! and aang would kick his a$$

speechless8582

[33]Aug 13, 2008

speechless8582 wrote:

no.....i mean, if he died after the azula hit...and then came back to life...but then in that time when he was dead....another avatar was born!!! and aang would kick his a$$

lol, so two avatars at once? i dont think thats possible XD but if it was that would be very interesting.

[34]Aug 13, 2008
    speechless8582 wrote:

speechless8582 wrote:

lol, so two avatars at once? i dont think thats possible XD but if it was that would be very interesting.

well we all know M. Night would love it..........TWEEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speechless8582

[35]Aug 13, 2008
    speechless8582 wrote:

speechless8582 wrote:

hahaha. That would be too much of a tweest! It would completely change season 3.

Lupusgirl

[36]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 5
    speechless8582 wrote:
    speechless8582 wrote:

speechless8582 wrote:

hahaha. That would be too much of a tweest! It would completely change season 3.

I know this theory but the most forget this fact: Azula killed Aang in the Avatar State. And when an Avatar dies in the Avatar State the cycle is broken and the Avatar stops existing.

kamzts

[37]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 7
    Proof of a new sereis: M&B said they weren't done with the avatar world yet.

Jackson5050

[38]Aug 14, 2008
    kamzts wrote:
    Proof of a new sereis: M&B said they weren't done with the avatar world yet.
    That statement from MDD is ambiguous. Continuing the Avatarverse could mean anything. It could be an indication of the mini-episodes/hour-long movies, it could mean canonical Avatar comics...it could mean just about anything.

rockon45

[39]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 15
    I think even though a new series spinoff would be good, will it be up to snuff? Man...I feel depressing typing this...

Comicfan1990

[40]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    i think it will take the view of iroh, cus there is loads left unanswered about him, his son, ursa's betrail, all that happened before aang came into the picture, i think its relevant to see the early stages of the war, and will show the war from another perspective? and its not too 'follow on'y" in that its not going to be a 4th series, but more a spin off!