We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 3 Discussion Thread....SPOILERS allowed...

jfsredhead16

[1201]Sep 1, 2010
    • level: 4

i didnt automatically belive it i just wanted to know if anyone actually heard what it said

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lastmarshmallow

[1202]Sep 1, 2010

I'm a bit torn about whether or not I even want a fifth season. On the one hand, I think it would be best for TDR to be the last season so they can end the series before it starts to seriously decline. On the other hand, if TDR really is going to be all new contestants, then I definitely don't want the series to end like that. IMO, the final season should have at least some of the original cast.

imverybasic

[1203]Sep 1, 2010
    • level: 16

Lionheart08 wrote:

Well....that was anti-climatic. Alejandro's downfall was actually quite disappointing to be honest. No where near as epic as Heather's in the first season or Justin's.

Really, the only part I liked was Zeke popping up at the ending and causing Heather's prize money to be destroyed.

Agreed.

And yeah, I know what you all meant about the ending being a disappointment. It was. I actually expected more out of it, considering how so much happened in the course of the season. Guess that Zeke's death has been confirmed, and unfortunately, Alejandro turned out to be a robot. Either that, or he was constructed as one. Either way, this season's finale sucked. I can't believe Alejandro bought Heather's sob story. He threw his chances at the million for Heather's affections and Heather blew him off. Ah well, what are you going to do? Hopefully, the writers will have thought of something by next season.

Edited on 09/01/2010 5:09pm

Lionheart08

[1204]Sep 1, 2010
    • level: 30

imverybasic wrote:

Lionheart08 wrote:

Well....that was anti-climatic. Alejandro's downfall was actually quite disappointing to be honest. No where near as epic as Heather's in the first season or Justin's.

Really, the only part I liked was Zeke popping up at the ending and causing Heather's prize money to be destroyed.

Guess that Zeke's death has been confirmed

Zeke pops out of the lava after things start going to hell.Tongue out

dannyranger8

[1205]Sep 2, 2010

Well the ending sucked,it just felt really rushed. And wtf, was Alejandro a robot all along ?

lastmarshmallow

[1206]Sep 2, 2010

I loved the finale up until the post-credits scene. I was actually fine with Heather exploiting Alejandro's crush on her to get the million. I honestly saw it coming and I just assumed that they would offically hook up sometime after the finale. But nope, Alejandro is now Darth Vader. I usually love how this show tends to be unpredictable when it comes to relationships(i.e. GwenxDuncan), but that's just crossing the line.

That makes me wonder though. Will there be an alternate ending where Alejandro wins?

imverybasic

[1207]Sep 2, 2010

If Alejandro hadn't confessed his love for Heather, I would have never expected for her to kick him in the groin. But since that did happen, it made the ending predictable. And things got a little more cliche in the post credits scene. I mean, Alejandro as a robot? Lame. This downfall is/was probably the worst I've seen in Total Drama History, I mean, even worse than Courtney's.

Edited on 09/02/2010 10:15am

HaydenAvery

[1208]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 21
    Yea, the finale got a tad sloppy at the end. But this season was still great.

DC-Dude

[1209]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 26

I think that Ezekiel, especially since his elimination, has been OOC. What happened to that "I'm winning, eh!" attitude that we all love? It might have been better if Ezekiel didn't come back as a mortified zombie, but rather a happy-go-lucky "I told you I'd be back!"

So now everyone hates Zeke, and now he's dead. (But knowing Zeke's survival skills, he'll probably be back...)

And Alejandro- a robot? What the ****.

lastmarshmallow

[1210]Sep 2, 2010

I disagree. Zeke/Gollum and his many cameo appearances was one of the biggest highlights of this season for me. And he's not dead; He flies out of the volcano at the end and crashes into Chris's boat.

DC-Dude

[1211]Sep 2, 2010

I may be the only one who doesn't like the Gollum references... I think the writers overdid it a little bit. But that's just me.

imverybasic

[1212]Sep 2, 2010

On an unrelated note, I'm not too fond of the new season having brand new cast members. I don't think the writers have finished with the development for the remaining characters. Still a lot of the old characters have been playing a minor role in the past two seasons, and I would like to see them come back. I think that as clever as this season was, I think that the Heather/Gwen/Owen development has been done to death.

HaydenAvery

[1213]Sep 3, 2010
    I'm sure the loose ends from TDWT will be sorted out in season 5. For now, I'm happy to see new faces for a while.

Lionheart08

[1214]Sep 3, 2010

Personally I think there is some promise/humor for the fourth season due to the fact that Chris will probably keep implying the past contestants died (considering they last thing we saw was them swimming for their lives from giant fire balls.)

As a whole, this season was kinda of a let down. On the plus side, fan-favorites like Cody, Noah, and Tyler got more spotlight which was a good thing since their only real spotlight was at the beginning of Island.

On the downside Courtney, Heather, Gwen, Duncan, and Owen, as always, ended up stealing most of the spotlight. I have no qualms with those five, but making them the main focus of every season has gotten old. Personally I would've loved to see other characters, like DJ or Tyler or even Izzy, get more serious development.

DC-Dude

[1215]Sep 3, 2010

But I thought that this season's development with those characters was much better than the development they had on TDA.

doguineta

[1216]Sep 3, 2010
    • level: 20
    Okay, after the volcano erupted everything was weird. I mean: It is implied that all the ocntestaqnts die (especially Heather), Chris CHef and Zeke never came back from underwater, so it's implied they drowned, then BLainley must have sunk, dying too, and noone got the million! 3 seasons and the million is destroyed?! AGAIN?!?

On a side-note: I though the Alejando Vader scene in the end was great "Haha, spazz", and the GOllum thingy too. But as far as a toon reality goes, the last minutes pushed it a little. STILL GREAT, ]I won't let the last minute to ruin my impression of the season.

lastmarshmallow

[1217]Sep 3, 2010

Indeed. The ending sucked, but TDWT is definitely my favorite season overall. Although I think that Noah and Tyler kind of got the short end of the stick. At least Cody got the spotlight he deserves.

As far as TDR goes, I really can't see it being a good season unless they throw in some of the original cast. The only reason that Sierra and Alejandro worked is because they had a ton of interaction with the originals, so they blended right in. I am hearing rumors on YouTube though, that there will be 3 original characters competing in TDR. I'm happy about that if it's true, but 3 isn't nearly enough...

Lionheart08

[1218]Sep 3, 2010

DC-Dude wrote:

But I thought that this season's development with those characters was much better than the development they had on TDA.

I agree, I think Courtney was handled way better this season than last, my problem though is they put her and the others I mentioned, in the focus far too much.

imverybasic

[1219]Sep 3, 2010

There really isn't much for me to complain about here. This season was pretty okay overall, and I've come to enjoy the development with the Heather/Alejandro conflict a great deal. In fact, I thought that many of the characters were handled pretty nicely, and it was nice to see some of the some of the main characters sharing a bit of the spotlight for a change. All in all, a pretty nice season, although I think the musical aspect really seemed to hurt the show quite a bit. And I found the presumption of the characters' deaths to be pretty/very morbid.

Edited on 09/03/2010 10:24pm

HaydenAvery

[1220]Sep 4, 2010
    Actually imverybasic, I loved every musical number. It idn't hurt the show at all. It kept me twice as entertained. As for the RUMORS of 3 old contestants in season 4, they are definitely false.