We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 2 Discussion thread....SPOILERS allowed here.

alagaesian

[3401]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 12
    Unless Duncan moralizes his conflict with Harold in the finale, he can't win. Why?

Well, let's look at the current nature of their conflict. Duncan currently hates Harold due to the Scruffy thing, which isn't exactly a good reason to dislike anyone. Meanwhile, Harold is trying to get back at Duncan for all those pranks. I'm assuming that if either of them push, the other is going to push back. They're going to antagonize each other. Therefore, they will BOTH be on the immoral side of things. Those who are immoral cannot win on a kids show.

Unless Duncan does not have any major interaction with Harold during the finale, which is somewhat possible, so that they don't have any time to resume their conflict, Duncan is going to be thrown back onto the 'bad guy' side of the spectrum before he can get a chance to win.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pixarprincess

[3402]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 13
    I am hereby starting Team Duncan vs. Team Beth for the finals. Step right up and get your team t Shirts! Did I mention they're FREE!

And good riddance to Owen. =P Still mourning the elimination of Courtney AND the demise of DXC. (It's official now- WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!)

TBMSFriday

[3403]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 9
    Already put on my TEAM DUNCAN one...

Duncan's not really on the "bad guy" spectrum...at least I don't think soo...

And if he is, then I guess the final 2 is a battle, GOOD VS. EVIL!

In which case either one can win because

1) Good always triumphs over evil (Beth wins)

or

2) Nice guys finish last (Duncan wins)

I'm listening to 'Nice Guys Finish Last' right now, while typing( and it's on shuffle...)....a sign? It better be...

AcmeAcne

[3404]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 2

Why would Harold or Heather cheer for Duncan?

Harold may of been annoyed by Beths advances but he doesnt actually dislike her hes just not intrested in her that way. He still clearly hates and holds a deep grudge against Duncan (who was one of the people responible for his elimination).

In the case of Heather its abit more in the air. True Beth beat her twice and they have a bad history but Duncan was again one of the people that actually voted her off the show. knowing Heather she unlikely to have just let that go and would more likely cheer for Beth out of spite for Duncan.

kittiekat10105

[3405]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 18

I like Courtney, but she way deserved it (yes. I admit it). Anyway, onto the subject of the final two!!!!!!!

(grabs Team Switzerland t-shirt)

In the words of Bella Swan, I AM SWITZERLAND! I like Duncan, but I like Beth too. So I'm Team Switzerland! Anyone wanna join me?!

Edited on 11/20/2009 6:23pm

Skyancez

[3406]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 14
    I might be a bit biased. I dislike Beth and I like Duncan. Although if Beth wins I wouldn't exactly mind. She wasn't that bad this season in my point of view.

PintheDog

[3407]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 29
    LordGrievous wrote:

shishkabob999 wrote:
    MabinogiFan wrote:
    If there's a vote to determine the winner like last season, more people will vote for Duncan for a few reasons. He's one of the most popular characters in the show. He's a boy. He's an overall better character than Beth, we've seen more of him than Beth, and more people like Duncan.
    I don't think so. First of all, Duncan being a guy is a reason he WOULDN'T win, since they need to keep genders balanced. Second, Duncan's burned a lot of bridges with the contestants - Heather and Harold might cheer for him because they don't like Beth, but she definitely has Courtney, Leshawna, Justin, Lindsay, Bridgette, and probably Owen and Trent.

Beth really only has LeShawna,Justin,Lindsay,and Trent on her side, while Duncan has Gwen,Heather,Geoff,DJ and possibly Courtney(since she doesn't like Beth more then Duncan plus we don't know if she truly has gotten over him) on his side with everyone else kind of neutral since there isn't any signs of them disliking either Duncan or Beth.

Courtney might feel too betrayed by Duncan to support him, though. I can see her backing Beth as a "lesser of two evils" thing just to get back at the boy who screwed her over.

PintheDog

[3408]Nov 20, 2009
    As for the F2, I'm for Beth, all the way! I like Duncan, but IMO, I think he, as a competitor, hit a steady decline a few weeks back, although I can't quite pinpoint the week, and has been getting more and more overshadowed by Beth, who's really picked up steam both as a strategist and as a challenge competitor at least since Lindsay's elimination. She's been gaining more and more momentum, and I can definitely see that momentum carrying her to the grand prize in two weeks.

AcmeAcne

[3409]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 2
    kittiekat10105 wrote:

I like Courtney, but she way deserved it (yes. I admit it). Anyway, onto the subject of the final two!!!!!!!

In the words of Bella Swan, I AM SWITZERLAND! I like Duncan, but I like Beth too. So I'm Team Switzerland! Anyone wanna join me?!

Are you sure thats from Twilight (Ive never read the books so feel free to correct me)? but I have a vague memory of someone playing the middlle/neutral guy during a arguement between friends from an epsiode of Saved By the Bell and him refering to himself as from Switzerald or something similair to make a point that he wasnt taking sides.

As for your question while is Duncan ok (I dont really feel all that strongly for him either way), Im afraid ill be backing Beth for the finals, mostly because I know shell have far less fan support (I always go for the underdog in these sort of things) and the fact that I can just relate to her more (quirky, kind yet socially akward and slightly weird thats me all over).

kittiekat10105

[3410]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 18
    AcmeAcne wrote:
    kittiekat10105 wrote:

Are you sure thats from Twilight (Ive never read the books so feel free to correct me)? but I have a vague memory of someone playing the middlle/neutral guy during a arguement between friends from an epsiode of Saved By the Bell and him refering to himself as from Switzerald or something similair to make a point that he wasnt taking sides.

As for your question while is Duncan ok (I dont really feel all that strongly for him either way), Im afraid ill be backing Beth for the finals, mostly because I know shell have far less fan support (I always go for the underdog in these sort of things) and the fact that I can just relate to her more (quirky, kind yet socially akward and slightly weird thats me all over).

Yes it's from the Twilight series. The third book Eclipse.

I agree, Beth will most likely win. But I'm fine with either one of them winning, because I like them both. I can relate more to Beth, but Duncan is totally kick butt! LOL!

lady_god

[3411]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    team beth all the way!!! she may be a bit of a dork but her personality is definitely better and she hasnt had an annoying past on the show. people hate her for dumb reasons and honest;ly i think most of the cast wo;; be on beths side except for gwen. courtney and a few others for obivous reasons. heck, now that she dumped him she just might root for beth.

lady_god

[3412]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    MabinogiFan wrote:
    If there's a vote to determine the winner like last season, more people will vote for Duncan for a few reasons. He's one of the most popular characters in the show. He's a boy. He's an overall better character than Beth, we've seen more of him than Beth, and more people like Duncan.
    I don't think so. First of all, Duncan being a guy is a reason he WOULDN'T win, since they need to keep genders balanced. Second, Duncan's burned a lot of bridges with the contestants - Heather and Harold might cheer for him because they don't like Beth, but she definitely has Courtney, Leshawna, Justin, Lindsay, Bridgette, and probably Owen and Trent.
    there is NO WAY that harold would vote for duncan . him and beth barely have any friction between them so hell most likely vote for her

LordGrievous

[3413]Nov 20, 2009

PintheDog wrote:
    As for the F2, I'm for Beth, all the way! I like Duncan, but IMO, I think he, as a competitor, hit a steady decline a few weeks back, although I can't quite pinpoint the week, and has been getting more and more overshadowed by Beth, who's really picked up steam both as a strategist and as a challenge competitor at least since Lindsay's elimination. She's been gaining more and more momentum, and I can definitely see that momentum carrying her to the grand prize in two weeks.

Duncan started declining as a competiter once Courtney showed up.

iamtunk

[3414]Nov 20, 2009
    I think I don't really care either way. I'm neutral about both characters, really. I might like Duncan a little better but Beth will probably win. Kinda the same thing last season. I didn't really care who won between Gwen and Owen. (though I find Owen more annoying)

I guess it's better this way. Not anxious about who's going to win.

Isn't anybody else kinda sad though? This season is almost over and once the last episode airs, no new episodes until whenever TDM airs.

Don't get me wrong though! I'm excited about TDM. ALL MY FAVORITES ARE IN IT! WOOOHOOO!!!

BomberFman34

[3415]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 5
    lady_god wrote:
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    MabinogiFan wrote:
    there is NO WAY that harold would vote for duncan . him and beth barely have any friction between them so hell most likely vote for her

However I don't think Harold would want Beth to think he likes her by rooting for her... She clearly didnt get any of his previous hints, so who knows what delusions she'll conclude from that. All in all Harold is clearly between a rock and a hard place... His mortal enemy and the his obsesive fangirl

Skyancez

[3416]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 14

No Episodes for a while could be a bit boring. Although I can cope without it.

I like TDM. I find it unique and I'm liking all of the possible prospects in it. Always nice seeing new characters and some out-of-favor characters like Tyler in it. Although Geoff (my favourite) ain't in it...Meh. I'd like to see Bridgette (my 2nd fav.) in the show WITHOUT Geoff's presence.

Plus, I like Tyler. I think he's underrated.

I think Beth wins TDA, which might be the reason she ain't in TDM. Oh well, I expected either her or Lindsay to win it. It depended on whom went the furthest. Although it would be a BIG surprise if Duncan won.

iamtunk

[3417]Nov 20, 2009
    Actually, I think only Katie, Sadie, and Beth are the only 3 that aren't in it in some way, shape, or form. To be truthful, I actually don't care that they're not in it.

shishkabob999

[3418]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 9
    kittiekat10105 wrote:

If you quote that book again, prepare to die.

PintheDog

[3419]Nov 20, 2009
    iamtunk wrote:
    Actually, I think only Katie, Sadie, and Beth are the only 3 that aren't in it in some way, shape, or form. To be truthful, I actually don't care that they're not in it.

I'd actually have liked either Katie OR Sadie to return. (Not both, because they're more tolerable apart than they are together.) I'd be curious to see how one would compete without the other.

PintheDog

[3420]Nov 20, 2009
    LordGrievous wrote:

PintheDog wrote:

Duncan started declining as a competiter once Courtney showed up.

True, but Duncan's decline didn't REALLY hit until one of the recent weeks. I suspect around either Heather, Leshawna, or Justin's elimination.