We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 2 Discussion thread....SPOILERS allowed here.

TBMSFriday

[3441]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    I don't like the winner being so obvious (*cough* Beth....) Duncan wouldn't give the money to Beth, but maybe she'll like, almost fall of a cliff or something, and he'll help her up (or something like that....) and by the forces of karma, he'll win. Or, he'll try to rig the course or something, in which the forces of bad karma come in.....*shrugs*

But yeah, if it were any other 2 (Harold v. Beth for example) it wouldn't be obvious, same if it was Duncan v. Courtney (should've happened *cough*) it wouldn't be obvious....but here we have the classic Good v. Evil thing and (as said in former post) it's either Nice Guys Finish Last, or that whole Good Always Wins thingy.....

Still rooting for Duncan though, I'm just not willing to admit that he might loose....to Beth...how embarrassing.....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Riankg

[3442]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 6
    iamtunk wrote:
    Riankg wrote:
    I think it's pretty fair this double week thing..

like the canadians had to stay idk how many weeks to watch a new episode.. and the americans have seen all the season in a row..

now is just to wait the canadians to catch up..something that will happen in two week..only two weeks...it could have been more. I dont like to wait..since i'm not american neither canadian..but i think that it's fair..and it will give plenty of time to promote the season's finale (not counting the last episode).

it's fair, I just don't want to wait, lol.

ohh ok then hehe xD

Brodoin15 wrote:

HaydenAvery wrote:
    no we thought the flipbook was messing with us. what was the point of courtney making it one episode further? im just saying duncan made it to top 4 in TDI and now top 2? harold was robbed.

Duncan getting so far in both season pretty much tells us that he will most likely be one of the first out in TDM.

I wonder why people say Harold will be among the first out as well, though.

It's because he isnt in many of the group pics.. And other things as well, but i wouldnt be sad to see him leaving early, cause imagine we will have 2 other nerds (Cody and Noah)..i know they are way to different from Harold , but who said we need Harold this season? (just kidding Harold fans)

But that's what i think..Cody and Noah will work as something to cover the space left by Harold...

shishkabob999

[3443]Nov 22, 2009
    Riankg wrote:
    It's because he isnt in many of the group pics.. And other things as well, but i wouldnt be sad to see him leaving early, cause imagine we will have 2 other nerds (Cody and Noah)..i know they are way to different from Harold , but who said we need Harold this season? (just kidding Harold fans) But that's what i think..Cody and Noah will work as something to cover the space left by Harold...
    Just because they're nerds doesn't mean they perform the same job. After all, while Cody and Noah are friends, Harold doesn't think Beth, the fourth nerd, is attractive at all, and Noah doesn't think much of Harold.

Plus, they have much different roles on the show. Cody has different girls in his love triangle, and has to worry more about starting a relationship (Gwen or Sierra) while Harold has more in continuing his with either Heather or Leshawna. Noah is snarky to Harold and Cody's optimism - and he's more popular as far as slash pairings, talking back to Chris, and obviously we've talked about his singing voice in the actual S3 discussion thread more than any other character.

And NEITHER of them have his assortment of mad skills, his deeper relationships with the Bass members (Duncan and Courtney especially), and they're both less stereotypical nerds than Harold is (how they dress, the glasses factor, and how many fangirls have a huge crush on them).

Edited on 11/22/2009 6:35am

Riankg

[3444]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 6
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    Riankg wrote:
    It's because he isnt in many of the group pics.. And other things as well, but i wouldnt be sad to see him leaving early, cause imagine we will have 2 other nerds (Cody and Noah)..i know they are way to different from Harold , but who said we need Harold this season? (just kidding Harold fans) But that's what i think..Cody and Noah will work as something to cover the space left by Harold...
    Just because they're nerds doesn't mean they perform the same job. After all, while Cody and Noah are friends, Harold doesn't think Beth, the fourth nerd, is attractive at all, and Noah doesn't think much of Harold.

Plus, they have much different roles on the show. Cody has different girls in his love triangle, and has to worry more about starting a relationship (Gwen or Sierra) while Harold has more in continuing his with either Heather or Leshawna. Noah is snarky to Harold and Cody's optimism - and he's more popular as far as slash pairings, talking back to Chris, and obviously we've talked about his singing voice in the actual S3 discussion thread more than any other character.

And NEITHER of them have his assortment of mad skills, his deeper relationships with the Bass members (Duncan and Courtney especially), and they're both less stereotypical nerds than Harold is (how they dress, the glasses factor, and how many fangirls have a huge crush on them).

Guys..then what's the point in eliminating someone?

They would eliminate Harold for other characters development.. And I was trying to say that maybe we wont need his geek stuff in this season. We will have two other geeks..they are different from Harold..yes..they will do different things..yes.. but we dont NEED Harold.

Like Gwen..she's a really important character..she was eliminated really soon from TDA..the season was worse because of her early elimination..no..

Gwen fans would say..ahh it's the worst season..but this isnt THE GWEN SHOW or THE HAROLD SHOW..we want to see other contestants as well..

I like Lindsay..but in both TDI and TDA..i didnt want her to win one of them..same goes to Izzy..I would be happy..but what i enjoy in their characters are other things.. I know that she's probably going to be eliminated soon in TDM..but i'm not saying that it will be the worst season ever..

shishkabob999

[3445]Nov 22, 2009
    Riankg wrote:
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    Riankg wrote:

Guys..then what's the point in eliminating someone?

They would eliminate Harold for other characters development.. And I was trying to say that maybe we wont need his geek stuff in this season. We will have two other geeks..they are different from Harold..yes..they will do different things..yes.. but we dont NEED Harold.

Like Gwen..she's a really important character..she was eliminated really soon from TDA..the season was worse because of her early elimination..no..

Gwen fans would say..ahh it's the worst season..but this isnt THE GWEN SHOW or THE HAROLD SHOW..we want to see other contestants as well..

I like Lindsay..but in both TDI and TDA..i didnt want her to win one of them..same goes to Izzy..I would be happy..but what i enjoy in their characters are other things.. I know that she's probably going to be eliminated soon in TDM..but i'm not saying that it will be the worst season ever..

Okay, congrats on pulling that rant from your ass, because I never said anything like that in my post. I know Harold's going early next season, and I'm happy about it (I've had enough of him, even if he's stil one of my favorites). The only thing that I was saying is that Noah and Cody cannot take the place of Harold, which you said in your post.

alagaesian

[3446]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 12
    Yeah, I admit, I wouldn't be too upset to see Harold leave early in the next season. I WILL be upset, though, if they don't play with his LeShawna-Heather-Beth love...quadrangle? They gave him a huge set-up at the end of Space Owen, and I seriously don't want that juicy plot fodder going to waste.

As for the Gwen show and the Harold show, I'm seriously debating calling TDA the Duncan show. While I do like him as a character, I don't want him taking up space that other characters need, namely the TDA "commentors".

There is no way that Noah could really take the place of Harold as a geek. What supplies Harold's geekiness? Bad social skills, bullying, and a lot of weird talents that don't normally reside in one of his social stature. Noah has decent social skills, is nearly impossible to bully (as seen from the very first episode), and has skills expected from an antisocial guy like him: video games and reading.

HaydenAvery

[3447]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 21
    harold isnt confirmed at all to go early next season. and those who wanted duncan vs courtney..that would of screwed over their relationship even more.

shishkabob999

[3448]Nov 22, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:
    Yeah, I admit, I wouldn't be too upset to see Harold leave early in the next season. I WILL be upset, though, if they don't play with his LeShawna-Heather-Beth love...quadrangle? They gave him a huge set-up at the end of Space Owen, and I seriously don't want that juicy plot fodder going to waste. As for the Gwen show and the Harold show, I'm seriously debating calling TDA the Duncan show. While I do like him as a character, I don't want him taking up space that other characters need, namely the TDA "commentors". There is no way that Noah could really take the place of Harold as a geek. What supplies Harold's geekiness? Bad social skills, bullying, and a lot of weird talents that don't normally reside in one of his social stature. Noah has decent social skills, is nearly impossible to bully (as seen from the very first episode), and has skills expected from an antisocial guy like him: video games and reading.
    From the flip book, there might be some sort of conflict between Harold with Leshawna falling for Alejandro, so that'll be at least seen. And we might see some Harold-Heather in TDDDA, but maybe not so much in the actual season, since it appears they're on seperate teams.

I was thinking the other day that unlike most second-season fanfics, where authors consciously give all characters story arcs if they leave after, say, challenge five, TDA has given attention in intervals. First seven episodes (and the second aftermath): Gwen-Trent. Episodes ten through thirteen were high on the Duncan-Leshawna-Harold conflict, as well as focusing on Owen. Episodes thirteen and up, only slowing down with Princess Pride, were high on Courtney. The last few have been Owen-heavy, as well as giving Beth more moments than previously, although it still has a lot of D/C.

I sincerely doubt Noah would fill Harold's role, especially since he's on a team with two people who actually like him (Owen and Izzy), and the fact that he could still be a potential antagonist.

LordGrievous

[3449]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 13

HaydenAvery wrote:
    harold isnt confirmed at all to go early next season. and those who wanted duncan vs courtney..that would of screwed over their relationship even more.

Wouldn't that be a good thing? especially if it drives Courtney nuts.

stephdumas

[3450]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 10

LordGrievous wrote:
    Wouldn't that be a good thing? especially if it drives Courtney nuts.

It can be interesting to see how Courtney will do without Duncan since Duncan menaged to do well in TDA, I guess it won't be too difficult depending on how she'll deal with Gwen, Heather and Cody (speaking of Cody, I won't be surprised to see more Courtney-Cody fics on Fanfiction.net )

alagaesian

[3451]Nov 22, 2009
    I just realized something weird:

Survived longer in TDI: Duncan, Gwen, Geoff, Owen, Lindsay, LeShawna
    Survived longer in TDA: Duncan, Gwen, Tied, Owen, Lindsay, Harold

Heh heh, most of the relationships seem biased to one particular character getting the screen time, don't they?

shishkabob999

[3452]Nov 22, 2009
    alagaesian wrote:

Survived longer in TDA: Duncan, Gwen, Tied, Owen, Lindsay, Harold

Heh heh, most of the relationships seem biased to one particular character getting the screen time, don't they?

Should be less next season, since there are more single characters (three of the four returnees, Heather, DJ, the two new contestants) and three girls competing without their boyfriends (potentially in Courtney's case).

iamtunk

[3453]Nov 22, 2009

alagaesian wrote:

Survived longer in TDA: Duncan, Gwen, Tied, Owen, Lindsay, Harold Heh heh, most of the relationships seem biased to one particular character getting the screen time, don't they?

I'm a bit confused as to your meaning.

Do you mean:

In TDI:

Duncan survived longer than Courtney,

Gwen survived longer than Trent

Geoff survived longer than Bridgette

Owen survived longer than Izzy

Lindsay survived longer than Tyler

LaShawna survived longer than Harold

And in TDA: Duncan survived longer than Courtney,

Gwen survived longer than Trent

Geoff and Bridgette tied

Owen survived longer than Izzy

Lindsay survived longer than Tyler

Harold survived longer than LaShawna

??? Just wondering

In TDM it looks like:

Courtney will probably survive longer than Duncan (if ppl's suspicions are correct about his early elimination...I'm waiting for the season myself to see)

Gwen's in it, Trent's not

Bridgette's in it, Geoff's not

Owen and Izzy?

Lindsay and Tyler?

Harold and LaShawna?

maybe they'll start developing new relationships between other characters.

Edited on 11/22/2009 6:14pm

alagaesian

[3454]Nov 22, 2009
    ^ Yeah, that's exactly what I meant.

Though, looking at who needs character development...we might get a complete reversal next season, because those who need tons of character development will get more screen time and, thus, more episodes.

On another note, I can see the writers setting Owen up for a plotline in TDM as well. He's starting to enjoy sabotaging the other contestants. This will either give him a huge moral dillema or make him into a short-term antagonist in season three.

iamtunk

[3455]Nov 22, 2009
    okay, got it!

I do hope people who need development will get more screen time. However, I still want Heather and Lindsay to stick around for a while as well. Heather's "just you wait" at the end of the trailer could indicate that she has more up her sleeve again and hopefully has a long-lasting plotline

As for Owen, I'm rooting for short-term antagonist. It's time for the guy to step aside and let others into the limelight.

PintheDog

[3456]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 29
    iamtunk wrote:
    As for Owen, I'm rooting for short-term antagonist.

So am I. I don't know about everyone else, but I LOVED his evil laugh (and his bear's!) when he pulled out the GPS in the latest episode!

tigerty101

[3457]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 15

PintheDog wrote:
    iamtunk wrote:
    As for Owen, I'm rooting for short-term antagonist.
    So am I. I don't know about everyone else, but I LOVED his evil laugh (and his bear's!) when he pulled out the GPS in the latest episode!

Same here. The only time I actually am entertained by Owen, is when he's doing evil, I hope he does atleast a little evil in season 3.

HaydenAvery

[3458]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 21
    it would be ironic for good guy owen to turn evil.

Skyancez

[3459]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 14

I really doubt Owen will turn out evil.

I expect the good old goofy Owen and who won't last long.

pixarprincess

[3460]Nov 23, 2009
    I don't really mind Owen turning "evil" (Although at most he'd the probably only acheive the level where Doofenshmirtz is at, and that ain't far...)
    But remember: Little kids are watching this show (even though they really shouldn't.) what kind of mesage would that make if the good guy that everyone loved first season became mean?