We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 2 Discussion thread....SPOILERS allowed here.

iamtunk

[3421]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 13
    PintheDog wrote:
    iamtunk wrote:
    Actually, I think only Katie, Sadie, and Beth are the only 3 that aren't in it in some way, shape, or form. To be truthful, I actually don't care that they're not in it.

I'd actually have liked either Katie OR Sadie to return. (Not both, because they're more tolerable apart than they are together.) I'd be curious to see how one would compete without the other.

Haha, they are. Unfortunately, we did have Sadie for a few episodes in TDI without Katie, but they didn't do much with her. It makes me suspect that the producers don't have much going for either them other than their friendship. I think it would be interesting if they developed both characters a little more by separating them. But, they don't seem to have this in mind anytime soon. All they are is "We're best friends! EEEEEEEEEEEE!" which is why I don't mind them not coming back.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MabinogiFan

[3422]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 6
    This episode was rated TVPG-D for mild flirtatious dialogue. But I couldn't really find any flirtatious dialogue. Unless you count something Chris said in the last episode recap. He said something about Courtney and Beth "going the distance." I think you can understand how that might be a bad quote.

shishkabob999

[3423]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    MabinogiFan wrote:
    This episode was rated TVPG-D for mild flirtatious dialogue. But I couldn't really find any flirtatious dialogue. Unless you count something Chris said in the last episode recap. He said something about Courtney and Beth "going the distance." I think you can understand how that might be a bad quote.

Ehhh, it's CN, they're totally paranoid. However, they've gotten so much better at keeping "crap" and "suck" in this season, so I'm not complaining.

Brodoin15

[3424]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 20

I want Duncan to win, but I know Beth most likely will.

I don't mind if she wins, it's just that I really do not like that they made it so obvious for us. Beth and Duncan final 2, Beth a "good guy" Duncan a somewhat "bad guy." As well as Beth not being in TDM, and a guy winning TDI.

At least on TDI it wasn't obvious. People thought Gwen would win, but it wasn't completly obvious to the viewers, like this season is. I just don't like that. I'm not saying this as mindless Harold praise, but at least if he was in the final 2, even if he lost, it would not have been obvious. Same with Lindsay. I just don't think it was a good move to let Duncan and Beth be the final 2.

I'm still hoping they have a surprise and have Duncan win and do a good deed, even if it means giving the money to Beth. If Beth is to win, I, personally, would rather it be like that. But I digress.

HaydenAvery

[3425]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 21
    duncan would NEVER give beth the money. and if beth is to prove herself she has to win. im just gonna be annoyed when everyone whines about duncan losing.

shishkabob999

[3426]Nov 21, 2009
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    duncan would NEVER give beth the money. and if beth is to prove herself she has to win. im just gonna be annoyed when everyone whines about duncan losing.

Quiet, fool. You jinxed Harold because you never shut up about him winning, don't you dare do the same to Beth because you decided to flip-flop.

HaydenAvery

[3427]Nov 21, 2009
    beth is immune to jinxing.

shishkabob999

[3428]Nov 21, 2009
    HaydenAvery wrote:

Except for, you know, the curse she brought on her team during TDI?

kittiekat10105

[3429]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 18

iamtunk wrote:
    I think I don't really care either way. I'm neutral about both characters, really. I might like Duncan a little better but Beth will probably win. Kinda the same thing last season. I didn't really care who won between Gwen and Owen. (though I find Owen more annoying) I guess it's better this way. Not anxious about who's going to win. Isn't anybody else kinda sad though? This season is almost over and once the last episode airs, no new episodes until whenever TDM airs. Don't get me wrong though! I'm excited about TDM. ALL MY FAVORITES ARE IN IT! WOOOHOOO!!!

I'm with you dude. I'm neutral, unlike last year when I was totally rooting for Gwen.

lady_god

[3430]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 7

shishkabob999 wrote:
    HaydenAvery wrote:
    Except for, you know, the curse she brought on her team during TDI?
    well that was a technicality it wasnt a real curse but good point

BomberFman34 wrote:
    lady_god wrote:
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    MabinogiFan wrote:
    If there's a vote to determine the winner like last season, more people will vote for Duncan for a few reasons. He's one of the most popular characters in the show. He's a boy. He's an overall better character than Beth, we've seen more of him than Beth, and more people like Duncan.
    I don't think so. First of all, Duncan being a guy is a reason he WOULDN'T win, since they need to keep genders balanced. Second, Duncan's burned a lot of bridges with the contestants - Heather and Harold might cheer for him because they don't like Beth, but she definitely has Courtney, Leshawna, Justin, Lindsay, Bridgette, and probably Owen and Trent.
    there is NO WAY that harold would vote for duncan . him and beth barely have any friction between them so hell most likely vote for her
    However I don't think Harold would want Beth to think he likes her by rooting for her... She clearly didnt get any of his previous hints, so who knows what delusions she'll conclude from that. All in all Harold is clearly between a rock and a hard place... His mortal enemy and the his obsesive fangirl
    i would chose fangirl over mortal enemy anyday. besides i think beth would probably lose her crush faster than duncan would leave harold alone

Skyancez wrote:

No Episodes for a while could be a bit boring. Although I can cope without it.

we will only skip one week its really not that long

iamtunk

[3431]Nov 21, 2009

MabinogiFan wrote:

I think they just rate it TVPG-D for mild flirtatious dialogue every episode

lady_god wrote:
    Skyancez wrote:

No Episodes for a while could be a bit boring. Although I can cope without it.

we will only skip one week its really not that long

Skyancez is talking about the time period between TDA and TDM. I'm assuming you mean the time period between Top Dog and Mutiny on the Soundstage.

Speaking of which...I don't want to wait a whole darn week for the finale! Seriously, CN has given us a new episode every week and NOW that it's on the finale we have to wait a week! blaaah. I know, I shouldn't complain since CN's been spoiling us,but seriously, why is it that the one time we have to wait a week is for the finale? yeesh! But, I suppose that's better than waiting several weeks in between episodes on a regular basis.

shishkabob999

[3432]Nov 21, 2009
    I'm actually really thankful, since I'm going to be away during Thanksgiving, and I haaaaaaate having to avoid all traces of the Internet until I can find it on YouTube or watch it on CN West. It's worth the wait, especially if we get another trailer for TDM soon.

Brodoin15

[3433]Nov 21, 2009

HaydenAvery wrote:

Well, I'm just saying that I'd rather that happen than just Beth winning. Since it seems that Duncan could only win if he does something that would make him a good guy.

If Beth wins I won't be upset that Duncan lost, I'll be upset because it was WAY too obvious. Once Harold was gone, it pretty much all went to Beth. In my opinion, being the obvious winner sucks the fun out of seeing who'll win.

shishkabob999

[3434]Nov 21, 2009
    Except, Brodin, that we pretty much knew Beth was going to win once the flipbook was released, not just when Harold was voted off.

HaydenAvery

[3435]Nov 21, 2009
    no we thought the flipbook was messing with us. what was the point of courtney making it one episode further? im just saying duncan made it to top 4 in TDI and now top 2? harold was robbed.

iamtunk

[3436]Nov 21, 2009
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    I'm actually really thankful, since I'm going to be away during Thanksgiving, and I haaaaaaate having to avoid all traces of the Internet until I can find it on YouTube or watch it on CN West. It's worth the wait, especially if we get another trailer for TDM soon.

yeah, i'm just whining. lol

Riankg

[3437]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 6
    I think it's pretty fair this double week thing..

like the canadians had to stay idk how many weeks to watch a new episode.. and the americans have seen all the season in a row..

now is just to wait the canadians to catch up..something that will happen in two week..only two weeks...it could have been more. I dont like to wait..since i'm not american neither canadian..but i think that it's fair..and it will give plenty of time to promote the season's finale (not counting the last episode).

kitendoc

[3438]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 25
    I'm guessing that when the new episode airs, my guess would be that Courtney would never live the abuse from her former friends down, especially Katie and Sadie.

Brodoin15

[3439]Nov 21, 2009

HaydenAvery wrote:
    no we thought the flipbook was messing with us. what was the point of courtney making it one episode further? im just saying duncan made it to top 4 in TDI and now top 2? harold was robbed.

Duncan getting so far in both season pretty much tells us that he will most likely be one of the first out in TDM.

I wonder why people say Harold will be among the first out as well, though.

iamtunk

[3440]Nov 21, 2009
    Riankg wrote:
    I think it's pretty fair this double week thing..

like the canadians had to stay idk how many weeks to watch a new episode.. and the americans have seen all the season in a row..

now is just to wait the canadians to catch up..something that will happen in two week..only two weeks...it could have been more. I dont like to wait..since i'm not american neither canadian..but i think that it's fair..and it will give plenty of time to promote the season's finale (not counting the last episode).

it's fair, I just don't want to wait, lol.