We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 2 Discussion thread....SPOILERS allowed here.

PintheDog

[3381]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 29
    lady_god wrote:
    EddyBob15 wrote:

I feel bad for Owen. In the last season, things went pretty well for him (considering all the abuse he was put through), but this season showed him absolutely no love. First, he lost his original prize when he decided to go with 1 million dollars, only to have him and the others appear on this new season. Then, he was unfairly voted off by Courtney, only to brought back by Chris to cause trouble in exchange for half his original prize money. Then, after doing everything Chris wanted him to do (with regret), he gets fired and forced off again because he was discovered! Like I said, no love for Owen this season. Makes you wish he had just kept the money he won on TDI and left the show. I'm just glad he'll be back next season, and hopefully, he'll do as well as he did on Total Drama Island next year.

in the last season, owne was costing challenges and getitn people eliminated when he shouldve left. also he only won season 1 due to food.. he basically got to the final 2 out of luck. he didnt egt on anybodys side so nobody tried to get him off. this season was pretty much the same until he came back BY HIS OWN CHOICE to sabotage the team. honestly its his own fault for having any faith in the total drama island producers anyways. at least when he was actually playing fair, too many bad things werent happening to him. if he had any brains at all he shouldve kept the money instead of puttiong his trust ion the tdi producers. they already let him down last season and he trusted them again this season. aalot of the stuff that happened is his own fault and i dont liek him because he really served no purpose in part 1 or 2 except for sabotaging others. in case you didnt notice owne was actually beginning to enjoy cheating them out the prize anyways. i dont feel bad for him one bit.

In addition to all of that -- and here's where it's clear EddyBob15 and I are watching different shows -- Owen was NOT voted off "unfairly." He, Justin, Beth, and Lindsay were EXPRESSLY told not to vote for Courtney since she was immune, but they all chose not to listen and voted for her, anyway. As a result, the votes for her didn't count, and the vote bounced back onto him. It was totally, completely fair, and I hate that the show portrays it as unfair, when it wasn't. And I can't believe someone here even thought it wasn't fair, when it so was.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lady_god

[3382]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    PintheDog wrote:
    lady_god wrote:
    EddyBob15 wrote:

I feel bad for Owen. In the last season, things went pretty well for him (considering all the abuse he was put through), but this season showed him absolutely no love. First, he lost his original prize when he decided to go with 1 million dollars, only to have him and the others appear on this new season. Then, he was unfairly voted off by Courtney, only to brought back by Chris to cause trouble in exchange for half his original prize money. Then, after doing everything Chris wanted him to do (with regret), he gets fired and forced off again because he was discovered! Like I said, no love for Owen this season. Makes you wish he had just kept the money he won on TDI and left the show. I'm just glad he'll be back next season, and hopefully, he'll do as well as he did on Total Drama Island next year.

in the last season, owne was costing challenges and getitn people eliminated when he shouldve left. also he only won season 1 due to food.. he basically got to the final 2 out of luck. he didnt egt on anybodys side so nobody tried to get him off. this season was pretty much the same until he came back BY HIS OWN CHOICE to sabotage the team. honestly its his own fault for having any faith in the total drama island producers anyways. at least when he was actually playing fair, too many bad things werent happening to him. if he had any brains at all he shouldve kept the money instead of puttiong his trust ion the tdi producers. they already let him down last season and he trusted them again this season. aalot of the stuff that happened is his own fault and i dont liek him because he really served no purpose in part 1 or 2 except for sabotaging others. in case you didnt notice owne was actually beginning to enjoy cheating them out the prize anyways. i dont feel bad for him one bit.
    In addition to all of that -- and here's where it's clear EddyBob15 and I are watching different shows -- Owen was NOT voted off "unfairly." He, Justin, Beth, and Lindsay were EXPRESSLY told not to vote for Courtney since she was immune, but they all chose not to listen and voted for her, anyway. As a result, the votes for her didn't count, and the vote bounced back onto him. It was totally, completely fair, and I hate that the show portrays it as unfair, when it wasn't. And I can't believe someone here even thought it wasn't fair, when it so was.
    THANK YOU!!!! LOL and to add to that i also dont think gwen should be seen as a bad person for dumping trent since he went all weirdo on her

AcmeAcne

[3383]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 2

Really enjoyable episode, it didnt seem to lag anywhere or have me wanting them to get to elimantion ceremony sooner like few past episodes have been doing of late, it entertained throughout and had some the best gags and jokes of the season.

I had a feeling that Beth would win the challenge considering it involved bonding with animals and after all her and Mr Whiskers antics Im fully backing Beth now to win the finals. Win or lose I just hope we finally get to meet Brady after all this time.

AcmeAcne

[3384]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 2
    Before I forget does anyone else think that Duncan voting Courtney off will forever split the DxC shippers into two waring factions? Those supporting Duncans decision and those against it and in support of Courtney?

EddyBob15

[3385]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 30
    PintheDog wrote:
    lady_god wrote:
    EddyBob15 wrote:

Well, pardon me for feeling down that my favorite character has been removed from the game again (more viciously this time). For the record, Courtney's immunity was an unfair advantage she got as part of her lawsuit to the show. As for Owen returning to sabotage the others, he took the job because his family needed the money. Since he was forced to do the dirty work, he figured he may as well as enjoy it (besides, the way he figured it, by sabotaging everyone he was giving an unfair advantage to others, and he did seem quite relieved that the others learned his secret). Anyway, after all that, he gets fired because he was discovered and Chris left him with nothing again! I'm starting to prefer TDI to TDA. I'm just hoping that when Owen returns in TDM, things will go smoother for him.

Brodoin15

[3386]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 20

I like Owen as well, but he was voted off fairly his first time.

Granted, it was unfair that when Courtney got back she got all those perks, but Chris did say that Courtney was immune before they voted.

Had he said it after they voted, then yes, I would agree that it was unfair, and I do think others would think the same, but since Chris told them the voting itself was fair.

Edited on 11/20/2009 11:11am

lady_god

[3387]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    EddyBob15 wrote:
    PintheDog wrote:
    lady_god wrote:
    EddyBob15 wrote:
    Well, pardon me for feeling down that my favorite character has been removed from the game again (more viciously this time). For the record, Courtney's immunity was an unfair advantage she got as part of her lawsuit to the show. As for Owen returning to sabotage the others, he took the job because his family needed the money. Since he was forced to do the dirty work, he figured he may as well as enjoy it (besides, the way he figured it, by sabotaging everyone he was giving an unfair advantage to others, and he did seem quite relieved that the others learned his secret). Anyway, after all that, he gets fired because he was discovered and Chris left him with nothing again! I'm starting to prefer TDI to TDA. I'm just hoping that when Owen returns in TDM, things will go smoother for him.
    if owen had been smart and kept the money in season 1 he couldve avoided all the "vicousness" that he went through. so at the end of the day he caused his own misery and i still dont feel bad for him. not like he never gave anyone else trouble in the show. besides owen shouldve just voted for someone else and maybe things wouldve turned out differently
    Edited on 11/20/2009 11:22am

PintheDog

[3388]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 29

lady_god wrote:
    besides owen shouldve just voted for someone else and maybe things wouldve turned out differently

Precisely. All he would've had to do was get over what he felt about Courtney and voted for someone who actually cost them the challenge that week, but the only person other than himself would've been Justin. Instead, even after being told that he and the others couldn't vote for Courtney, they do it, anyway, and they all even ADMITTED they knew not to do it, but couldn't help it, which was a poor excuse. Owen has only himself (and Justin, Beth, and Lindsay) to blame for his first ouster, NOT Courtney.

As for his second elimination, yes. We could argue in favor of that being unfair since he was found out by Courtney's lawyers instead of one of the others.

Edited on 11/20/2009 6:34pm

TBMSFriday

[3389]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 9
    Didn't see this episode....going on YouTube right now....

Courtney gets voted off...right? Not cool...

Brodoin15

[3390]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 20
    It was pretty much a given that Courtney would be out eventually.

TBMSFriday

[3391]Nov 20, 2009
    Cool. Duncan v. Beth. This episode was pretty cool I guess...

The could've chosen better animals though, since all of these we untameable (was that the point?)

HaydenAvery

[3392]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 21
    goodbye courtney. hello beth, winner of TDA! if only that shark had eaten courtneys PDA...

shishkabob999

[3393]Nov 20, 2009
    Brodoin15 wrote:

I like Owen as well, but he was voted off fairly his first time.

Granted, it was unfair that when Courtney got back she got all those perks, but Chris did say that Courtney was immune before they voted.

Had he said it after they voted, then yes, I would agree that it was unfair, and I do think others would think the same, but since Chris told them the voting itself was fair.

I think the "unfairly" part was the fact that he broke his jaw, which did contribute somehwat to the Grips losing in "Ocean's Eight - Or Nine".

MabinogiFan

[3394]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 6
    If there's a vote to determine the winner like last season, more people will vote for Duncan for a few reasons.

He's one of the most popular characters in the show.
    He's a boy.
    He's an overall better character than Beth, we've seen more of him than Beth, and more people like Duncan

Beth made it this far because she hasn't done much to make people hate her and vote her off. She's still pretty good in challenges, too.

It may have been a little biased, but I predict the ending of TDA will be surprising no matter who wins. THe producers wouldn't want to make it obvious. So either Duncan or Beth could win. We'll just have to wait until December 3rd to find out.

HaydenAvery

[3395]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 21
    no im fully confident beth wins. and duncan voted courtney off on purpose. rightfully of course.

shishkabob999

[3396]Nov 20, 2009
    MabinogiFan wrote:
    If there's a vote to determine the winner like last season, more people will vote for Duncan for a few reasons.

He's a boy.
    He's an overall better character than Beth, we've seen more of him than Beth, and more people like Duncan.

I don't think so. First of all, Duncan being a guy is a reason he WOULDN'T win, since they need to keep genders balanced. Second, Duncan's burned a lot of bridges with the contestants - Heather and Harold might cheer for him because they don't like Beth, but she definitely has Courtney, Leshawna, Justin, Lindsay, Bridgette, and probably Owen and Trent.

TBMSFriday

[3397]Nov 20, 2009
    Duncan's going to win....hopefully....because...

1) Personally, I like him better

2) I feel the need to disagree Hayden (which I do a lot...)

3) Better physically

4) Better at strategy 5) Bigger fanbase

of course he can lose because....

1) He's a guy (guy won last season)

2) People don't like him (Harold, Trent..etc...)

3) He's the "bad guy" (I use the term loosely...)

4) I don't think anyone's going to feel like helping him in the finale (This goes back to the people don't like him thing, now that Courtney kinda hates him (R.I.P. DxC) he doesn't have much going for him....)

So yeah..can go either way...

lastmarshmallow

[3398]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 4
    It seems likely that Beth could win due to her abscence in TDM, but the writers could very well throw another curve ball at us and have Duncan win. Personally, I'm hoping for that since I like Duncan more.

iamtunk

[3399]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 13
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    MabinogiFan wrote:

He's a boy.
    He's an overall better character than Beth, we've seen more of him than Beth, and more people like Duncan.

I don't think so. First of all, Duncan being a guy is a reason he WOULDN'T win, since they need to keep genders balanced. Second, Duncan's burned a lot of bridges with the contestants - Heather and Harold might cheer for him because they don't like Beth, but she definitely has Courtney, Leshawna, Justin, Lindsay, Bridgette, and probably Owen and Trent.

You sure Harold likes Duncan better than he likes Beth?

LordGrievous

[3400]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 13

shishkabob999 wrote:
    MabinogiFan wrote:
    If there's a vote to determine the winner like last season, more people will vote for Duncan for a few reasons. He's one of the most popular characters in the show. He's a boy. He's an overall better character than Beth, we've seen more of him than Beth, and more people like Duncan.

Beth really only has LeShawna,Justin,Lindsay,and Trent on her side, while Duncan has Gwen,Heather,Geoff,DJ and possibly Courtney(since she doesn't like Beth more then Duncan plus we don't know if she truly has gotten over him) on his side with everyone else kind of neutral since there isn't any signs of them disliking either Duncan or Beth.