We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Harold

typogirl

[81]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 10
    Brodoin15 wrote:

I don't get how they let Harold get away with breaking the rules, but when another person does it, like when DJ took of the blindfold to see Bunny, they don't get away with it.

Don't forget those technicality rules with the daring wheel challenge. I still don't like Heather though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NejiShikamaru

[82]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 13
    I don't like or dislike Harold, I think he got bullied into a position where he just acted upon rage. Was it smart? No, he was only prolonging his eventual leaving, but he got his revenge in some ways, only now he made an enemy in Duncan and Courtney, who is hunting him down xD

HankL

[83]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 18
    Brodoin15 wrote:

I don't get how they let Harold get away with breaking the rules, but when another person does it, like when DJ took of the blindfold to see Bunny, they don't get away with it.

As the series progresses, you will find that Chris and Chef will break and bend rules or enforce them at their own will, regardless of whether or not it's right or fair. They do this because they will do whatever makes things more interesting. They clearly decided to let this pass and let things unfold later on, which they do in the Play del Losers episode.

Brodoin15

[84]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 20
    It's a good thing it's a cartoon then, cause if it was real, and they let them get away with breaking rules and stuff, then they'd get alot of letters and e-mails saying this and that is unfair.

MonsterCreature

[85]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    if it were real there would be some really angry parents

slayr98

[86]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    If it were real they'd just get some orphans to do it. Network would buy them like The Truman Show. I can see Rupert Murdoch adopting 22 kids.

BrainMan820

[87]Aug 24, 2008
    • level: 16
    HankL wrote:

Courtney and Duncan deserved what Harold did. Since Harold couldn't beat Duncan with brawn he beat him by being sneaky. That's how smart people win--by letting people like Duncan underestimate them and then getting them in a sneaky way. Plus, other than Duncan NOBODY liked Courtney and she would have been voted off in another episode. This comes out for real in the Play del Losers episode folks. Plus, Courtney gets back at Harold anyway, so there's no point in being angry about what he did.

I say good on you Harold!

"Sneaky" was how Heather got Justin out. That was actually a masterful play by her: She knew she was on the chopping block, and, by manipulating her competitors, saved her butt. That's fine; there's no rule against bribing Owen with cake.

Harold, though, didn't do that. He tampered with the votes, which is against the rules. There's no excuse for that.

As for Courtney, the only person who says that they didn't like Courtney was Lindsay, who wasn't even on the same team, and wouldn't really be able to comment. If Courtney was reviled, then she would have been booted over Ezekiel or Tyler when she faltered. By contrast, Harold was the one who was hated; easily moreso then anyone else on the Killer Bass besides Ezekiel. Stating that Courtney "would have been" voted off is a fallacy: You can't know that for certain.

Courtney getting revenge on Harold does not excuse his actions.

MonsterCreature

[88]Aug 24, 2008
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    HankL wrote:

Courtney and Duncan deserved what Harold did. Since Harold couldn't beat Duncan with brawn he beat him by being sneaky. That's how smart people win--by letting people like Duncan underestimate them and then getting them in a sneaky way. Plus, other than Duncan NOBODY liked Courtney and she would have been voted off in another episode. This comes out for real in the Play del Losers episode folks. Plus, Courtney gets back at Harold anyway, so there's no point in being angry about what he did.

"Sneaky" was how Heather got Justin out. That was actually a masterful play by her: She knew she was on the chopping block, and, by manipulating her competitors, saved her butt. That's fine; there's no rule against bribing Owen with cake.

Harold, though, didn't do that. He tampered with the votes, which is against the rules. There's no excuse for that.

As for Courtney, the only person who says that they didn't like Courtney was Lindsay, who wasn't even on the same team, and wouldn't really be able to comment. If Courtney was reviled, then she would have been booted over Ezekiel or Tyler when she faltered. By contrast, Harold was the one who was hated; easily moreso then anyone else on the Killer Bass besides Ezekiel. Stating that Courtney "would have been" voted off is a fallacy: You can't know that for certain.

you know what,harold is not the evil of the show,you can't blame harold for finally cracking after having hot sauce in his underwear,drinking kitchen grease,getting wedgies and waking up naked in front of the whole camp,he was standing up for all the underdogs who are tormented everyday

Kristy101

[89]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 15
    MonsterCreature wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    HankL wrote:

you know what,harold is not the evil of the show,you can't blame harold for finally cracking after having hot sauce in his underwear,drinking kitchen grease,getting wedgies and waking up naked in front of the whole camp,he was standing up for all the underdogs who are tormented everyday

Let it go, Brainman has been sticking to his thoughts of Harold since this topic was made. I respect his opinions and his headstrong attitude, so before another quote war is started lets just stop and talk about something other than Harold getting Courtney voted off. Harold is Harold, everyone has different points of view on people's actions.

Edited on 08/25/2008 7:30am
    Edited 2 total times.

alagaesian

[90]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 12

Harold might have actually kept the Courtney-Duncan relationship interesting. In my opinion, once couples hook up for good, it gets boring. Even with Gwen and Trent, they had to grow apart a little and Trent had to get injured so they could keep the relationship without it getting boring over five episodes. If Courtney had stayed, there would be more kisses, but where would it go? Nowhere. They aren't the couple that's going to fight and break up.

Besides, he's done some good things for the show. Winning the Bass some victories, giving his team something to do while Heather and LeShawna face off, and making another couple. I like him, even if he did get Courtney kicked off.

I'm pretty sure Chris let him get away with cheating because it added more drama. He didn't really like it, but he still let it slide. Besides, Harold got voted off one episode later. It's not like cheating got him to the final five.

Edited on 08/25/2008 6:39am

MonsterCreature

[91]Aug 25, 2008
    Harold's skills make him a great addition to the killer bass

HankL

[92]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 18
    Oh Chris and Chef both liked it. Look at the BIG GRINS on their faces when they tossed her on her AASSSSS into the Loser boat. Chris will do ANYTHING to make more drama or spice the shows up, and he let things roll a certain way to suit how he liked it. As fas as I'm concerned, Harold did the right thing, end of story. And given how most people break the rules ALL THE DANG TIME (speeding, cheating on taxes, etc.) what Harold did was nothing to get upset about. As far as nobody else liking Courteny--it is said VERY CLEARLY TO COURTNEY in the Playa del Losers episode "Nobody really liked you that much." Noah, Eva, and a bunch of the other campers said "Missed it." "Didn't see it." "Don't Know. Don't care" DIRECTLY to Courtney, as she whined and griped about what happened and how all the others were "witnesses." On the Next Episode, Harold's gonna get Jiggy with it and I'm looking forward to seeing how the CN folks handle it. GIT IT ON HAROLD!!!

Brodoin15

[93]Aug 25, 2008
    Makes me wonder if Chris would be willing to kill someone if it ment adding drama.

TDI4ever94

[94]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 3

No, that's TOO over-the-top. To an extent, that basically is how reality shows work, they know something's askew but let it slide for a while just for ratings. You ever watch Survior or the Amazing Race?

Brodoin15

[95]Aug 25, 2008

I know it's over-the-top. I was only kidding.

And yes I watch those shows.