We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Harold

BrainMan820

[21]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 16

Kristy101 wrote:
    Just think about it people, Courtney leaving made her relationship with Duncan stronger. They will both be thinking about each other the whole time making the next time they meet worth wild. It was obvious Courtney wasn't going to win in the end so don't hate Harold because of that, if you are going to hate Harold hate him because he did what he was against. I am upset with him that he played the Heather card, but that isn't enough for me to hate him.

Harold never said he was against playing like Heather. Only Bridgette said that. They don't like him because he cheated for revenge.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kristy101

[22]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 15
    BrainMan820 wrote:

Kristy101 wrote:
    Just think about it people, Courtney leaving made her relationship with Duncan stronger. They will both be thinking about each other the whole time making the next time they meet worth wild. It was obvious Courtney wasn't going to win in the end so don't hate Harold because of that, if you are going to hate Harold hate him because he did what he was against. I am upset with him that he played the Heather card, but that isn't enough for me to hate him.

Harold never said he was against playing like Heather. Only Bridgette said that. They don't like him because he cheated for revenge.

He didn't need to say he was against it, you could tell by his personality that he didn't like acting like that. He is a nerd, nerds don't like seeing others go threw what they have to go threw. He apparently felt that he was pushed to the edge and that he had no choice, which he did.Also nobody knew he changed the voting other then himself and Chris.
    Edited on 08/21/2008 10:04pm
    Edited 2 total times.

BrainMan820

[23]Aug 21, 2008
    Kristy101 wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

Kristy101 wrote:

He didn't need to say he was against it, you could tell by his personality that he didn't like acting like that. He is a nerd, nerds don't like seeing others go threw what they have to go threw. He apparently felt that he was pushed to the edge and that he had no choice, which he did.Also nobody knew he changed the voting other then himself and Chris.

That's a very flimsy pretext. He's clearly not against playing like Heather if he does so willingly. Just because no one knew Harold changed the votes neither excuses his actions nor does it change the situation. Harold broke the rules to boot out Courtney, nothing changes that. That's what makes him the worst player. Heather's done some awful things, but nothing she did broke the rules.

toucansquak7

[24]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 12
    i hate to see him beat up like that.

JixHedgehog

[25]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 3

What the heck happened?

I know its a cartoon but geez.. he rigged the voting ..

If I knew the players on the show were actually voting, then Heather would've been kicked off AGES ago

nate4123

[26]Aug 22, 2008
    I use to think that Harold was a pretty kewl dude after he helped the Bass win the dodgeball and talent show challenges. But through these recent episodes, I start to think differently about him. When he wore that "thong" and those PJ's at the cooking episode, it really like changed my mind about him. And when he rigged the votes in today's episode, I now really hate him! I liked Courtney and now u had to be bad to her, Harold! Dang, he's one bad dude!

Kristy101

[27]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 15
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    Kristy101 wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

Kristy101 wrote:

That's a very flimsy pretext. He's clearly not against playing like Heather if he does so willingly. Just because no one knew Harold changed the votes neither excuses his actions nor does it change the situation. Harold broke the rules to boot out Courtney, nothing changes that. That's what makes him the worst player. Heather's done some awful things, but nothing she did broke the rules.

I'm commenting to you saying they didn't like him because he cheated for revenge. They don't hate him nor do any of the campers know he did anything. What Harold did was wrong,but it is a game. He is one of the few who did anything upon the fact it was a game. Cheating is wrong, yes, but what Harold did was added for drama. Harold couldn't simply tell Duncan to stop considering he tried that and kept getting picked on. Duncan had it coming to him and seeing that there was no other way for Harold to get revenge on someone like Duncan I say he played his cards right.Please note the word I before you all go "You n00b, Harold must die! Lawl X Lmao" >.>
    Edited on 08/21/2008 11:15pm

BrainMan820

[28]Aug 22, 2008
    Kristy101 wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    Kristy101 wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

Kristy101 wrote:

I'm commenting to you saying they didn't like him because he cheated for revenge. They don't hate him nor do any of the campers know he did anything. What Harold did was wrong,but it is a game. He is one of the few who did anything upon the fact it was a game. Cheating is wrong, yes, but what Harold did was added for drama. Harold couldn't simply tell Duncan to stop considering he tried that and kept getting picked on. Duncan had it coming to him and seeing that there was no other way for Harold to get revenge on someone like Duncan I say he played his cards right.Please note the word I before you all go "You n00b, Harold must die! Lawl X Lmao" >.>

Yeah, alright. I made a mistake. They didn't hate Harold because he cheated to boot off Courtney. They hated him ages ago. Poor hygeine aside, he was on the bottom for several eliminations. However, we're discussing what to think of Harold, and he is little more then a cheater. You stated that Harold should not be reviled for doing this, as Courtney would not have won the competition; the response was that this was moot: Harold's actions were wrong whether or not Courtney had a chance to win. You've stated that Harold was against playing dirty like Heather, but that, again, cannot be proven. Harold was willing to do so, after all.

As for it "being a game" recall that games have rules. The rule of Total Drama Island is that each camper votes as to who they want eliminated; camper with the most votes goes. Harold switched the votes, thus, he broke the rules: Each camper casts their own vote. Being picked on does not excuse breaking the rules of the game. If he wanted revenge against Duncan, he could have quite easily booted of Duncan. He was not immune, and had no qualms about switching votes.

Sorry, but none of your comments have justified Harold breaking the rules.

MonsterCreature

[29]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    Kristy101 wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    Kristy101 wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

Kristy101 wrote:

Yeah, alright. I made a mistake. They didn't hate Harold because he cheated to boot off Courtney. They hated him ages ago. Poor hygeine aside, he was on the bottom for several eliminations. However, we're discussing what to think of Harold, and he is little more then a cheater. You stated that Harold should not be reviled for doing this, as Courtney would not have won the competition; the response was that this was moot: Harold's actions were wrong whether or not Courtney had a chance to win. You've stated that Harold was against playing dirty like Heather, but that, again, cannot be proven. Harold was willing to do so, after all.

As for it "being a game" recall that games have rules. The rule of Total Drama Island is that each camper votes as to who they want eliminated; camper with the most votes goes. Harold switched the votes, thus, he broke the rules: Each camper casts their own vote. Being picked on does not excuse breaking the rules of the game. If he wanted revenge against Duncan, he could have quite easily booted of Duncan. He was not immune, and had no qualms about switching votes.

Sorry, but none of your comments have justified Harold breaking the rules.

apparently,there are no rules if the producers saw him change the votes,courtney was cool for a while,but she really didn't help the team,she didn't jump'didn't complete her phobia chalange and was stuck up,but she was allways picked for chalanges,and poor harold allways sitting on the bench,hiding all of his skills...so before you say harolds the bad guy,look at how his team treated him

Jackpot16

[30]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 4
    no..... At first I thought Harold was cool and stuff then he pissed me off when he rigged it. Watch everyone, someone is gonna know he did it.... Then they will tell Duncan and he is going to worp the f**k out of him.... but before he leaves he might try it again..... Then Chris is gonna know and maybe Courtney will come back...... or Duncan might try to get himself eliminated to see Courtney again. I just know it

BrainMan820

[31]Aug 22, 2008

I'm not sure where you get that the producers saw Harold change the votes. The only other person who knows Harold switched the votes was Chris, and Chris doesn't act on such things. If you're going to say that it isn't against the rules to alter the votes, then explain why the campers are each given one vote.

As for the team's treatment of Harold, no one is excusing it. However, as said before, the team's poor treatment of him:

A.) Is not an excuse
    B.) Is no reason to boot Courtney, whose never teased Harold. The worst she ever did was not let him play dodgeball: and Harold expressly states what his reasons were.

Jackpot16

[32]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 4
    BrainMan820 wrote:

I'm not sure where you get that the producers saw Harold change the votes. The only other person who knows Harold switched the votes was Chris, and Chris doesn't act on such things. If you're going to say that it isn't against the rules to alter the votes, then explain why the campers are each given one vote.

As for the team's treatment of Harold, no one is excusing it. However, as said before, the team's poor treatment of him:

A.) Is not an excuse
    B.) Is no reason to boot Courtney, whose never teased Harold. The worst she ever did was not let him play dodgeball: and Harold expressly states what his reasons were.

What..... I didn't say a producer..... I was talking about a camper catches him foo!!!!! Maybe some one was spying on him when he did it. So he might get caught. Plus I said Duncan might try to get himself eliminated to see courtney.

BrainMan820

[33]Aug 22, 2008
    Jackpot16 wrote:
    BrainMan820 wrote:

A.) Is not an excuse

What..... I didn't say a producer..... I was talking about a camper catches him foo!!!!! Maybe some one was spying on him when he did it. So he might get caught. Plus I said Duncan might try to get himself eliminated to see courtney.

That response wasn't directed at you, it was directedat MonsterCreature's post.

MonsterCreature

[34]Aug 22, 2008

i said the producers[including chris]saw him do it.he did it right in front of the camera,but maybe chris will get him disqualified,or he will say"that.was.AWESOME!!!" sorry if you can't see it but he did it to get back at duncan,and think about this,what did harold ever do to duncan and geoff[except the underwear thing]

BrainMan820

[35]Aug 22, 2008
    I've stated several times that Harold did it to get back at Duncan. That wasn't the point. The point was that it doesn't justify cheating.

Brodoin15

[36]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 20
    Harold has fallen to the dark-side.

MonsterCreature

[37]Aug 22, 2008
    i know that,and name one time he got back at duncan,anf we are all awaare of what he did

yacastr

[38]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 6
    I was rooting for the guy until he did this. It was a low move. Harold is a jerk.

MonsterCreature

[39]Aug 22, 2008
    yacastr wrote:
    I was rooting for the guy until he did this. It was a low move. Harold is a jerk.
    he is not a jerk,it was revenge,are you telling me none of you have ever wanted some serious revenge

BrainMan820

[40]Aug 22, 2008
    Wanting revenge does not make revenge okay.