We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Spin-off Ideas (Episodes): Reviews

bob_ball

[41]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 13
    66ers wrote:
    what!what!I TRY!

I know you tried but you wanted a review and I gave you one. I'm sorry, but you wanted my opinion.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

66ers

[42]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 8
    Do you have advice?

bob_ball

[43]Jan 2, 2009
    Yes actually,

1) Stop asking for reviews all the time (not really advice, but it was getting rather annoying)

2) Your episodes need to be plotted better

3) Not every idea you have has to become an episode. Try to think about what the readers would find as an entertaining episode

That's all I've got to say, I would give you more but I am really tired so I'm going to sleep. Hopefully my advice helps.

Pandamoo2

[44]Jan 2, 2009
    • level: 9

Review: Krabby Land 2
    Grade: C+
    This was actually a better episode and I see that this series could be on the way to a comeback. If more episodes were plotted better, this show could be a hit! Anyways, onto the actual episode, I can totally see parts of this as an actual Spongebob episode. Nice work and it's getting better.

Review: Pabloland
    Grade: B
    This episode was great, I like how it took time to set up the plotline and didn't just jump right into it. Pablo can be kind of a jerk! Oh well, I'm glad the others took matters into their own hands. This show keeps getting better! Please review! It benefits everyone!

clapmaster

[45]Jan 3, 2009
    • level: 20
    Plankton's Fall - B

Wow what a good episode. The whole melodramatic feeling of Plankton's life made it a little depressing at times, but its great to know that Mr Krabs has a nice side to him. I don't approve the name change of the Krusty Bucket (largely because I'm a Plankton fan, but that's just me), but its hillarious that Plankton is still evil

Spongegirl Circleskirt - A-

Another great installment! The relationship did feel a little rushed but it was such a fantastic episode that it made up for the rushed relationship. I can't praise this episode enough, so I'll just leave it at that

The_Cartoon

[46]Jan 3, 2009
    Pandamoo I loved the Livin' Like Larry crossover! A+++

clapmaster

[47]Jan 3, 2009
    Crash Dummy - B+

I see a lot of huge potential from this series. This episode is the third best IMO and thats saying something since there is only four episodes so far. The Cartoon has perfectly mixed elements of the former MTV series Jack*** into the SpongeBob world. Great job and keep up the good work!

Pandamoo2

[48]Jan 3, 2009

Review: Crash Dummy
    Grade: A
    This series is finally hitting its stride! This episode was one of the best Spongebob spinoffs I've read in a long time, with some interesting twists and suspenseful ending. The reason I love "Livin' Like Larry" is because it's not too complicated....it's easy to follow and that makes me want to read it more.

Review: The Science of Sleep
    Grade: B+
    This episode was decent. I liked all the misunderstanding that was going on between Patrick and Penny, but I was a little confused. Does Penny think Patrick loves her, but he really doesn't? It was a little unclear....and who won employee of the month?!

PokeSponge123

[49]Jan 3, 2009
    Pandamoo2 wrote:

Review: The Love War
    Let's just say that I hope Britney and Oliver Jr. DO turn into crazy desperate stalkers, because that would most likely mean they would return for more episodes. Louise was pretty boring, I hope she dies. But everyone else in this episode was spot-on, and Mercutio's and Lila's revelation at the end was like a sigh of relief. Great work!

Review: Monroe vs. the Monster
    Grade: C
    Random is becoming a regular part of my vocabulary thanks to this show. Where did a giant monster come from? Most of this show's episodes lack basic formatting. 66ers, I beg you, please return this show to the way it was in the earlier episodes. For all of our sakes.

Review: TaekwonD'oh!
    It was a bit of a fall from the last episode but it was still very good. Mercutio has a bit of a darker side again and I like it! It worked really well against the innocent nature of Perry, because in reality Perry did nothing wrong. I wonder if there's going to be a bit of a feud between the two…we'll see!

Review: Spambusters!
    Grade: B-
    Another lackluster episode (although may I say this show is better than most). In this episode, one storyline begins (the spam problem) and then is abandoned halfway through in favor of a surprise party plot line. Both of those are good ideas, but I feel like they could've been intertwined a bit better. Nice effort and better luck for the next episode!

About the dying thing..you've given me a good idea.

clapmaster

[50]Jan 3, 2009
    Pandamoo2 wrote:

Review: Crash Dummy
    This series is finally hitting its stride! This episode was one of the best Spongebob spinoffs I've read in a long time, with some interesting twists and suspenseful ending. The reason I love "Livin' Like Larry" is because it's not too complicated....it's easy to follow and that makes me want to read it more.

Review: The Science of Sleep
    This episode was decent. I liked all the misunderstanding that was going on between Patrick and Penny, but I was a little confused. Does Penny think Patrick loves her, but he really doesn't? It was a little unclear....and who won employee of the month?!

Meh it was meant to be a filler for my exciting final four episodes of Season 1. Looking back it was a little unclear, but yes Penny thinks that Patrick loves her and you'll see in Episode 18 what happened with the employee of the month award

bob_ball

[51]Jan 3, 2009
    Pat & Pablo In The Morning & Move Along A+++++++

Patrick's Paradise has been a great series so far. It has always been funny and entertaining. This two part episode decides to head into dramatic territory along the lines of The New Adventures of SpongeBob SquarePants and IMO succeeds. I like the idea of Patrick and Pablo hosting a radio debate show and the death of Mr Pinkel is a little depressing, but it works well into the storyline. I definitely cannot wait to see what clapmaster has in store for the season finale and the episode before that.

P.S. I know its a little early, but who thinks that we should consider pinning this thread?

PokeSponge123

[52]Jan 3, 2009
    Me. Could you review an episode of Star City Season 6, bob_ball?

This would be a really good stickied thread. Let's wait a while though.

bob_ball

[53]Jan 3, 2009
    OK. If this is still on Page 1 one month from now, I'll figure out how to sticky it. Sure I'll review an episode.

Castle Disastle - A

Great episode, I loved the plot twist of Perry becoming the villan and Mercutio saving the day. Is it a sign of foreshadowing of things to come? With Oliver, I think its definite, but what about Perry. I can't wait to find out. This is my second favorite of Season 6. My favorite? Perry vs Patrick, Pierce, and Penny

clapmaster

[54]Jan 3, 2009

I think we should get it pinned as well, but it is too early. It should go once it reachs a certain number of posts like maybe 500?

Thanks for the review bob_ball

PokeSponge it would mean a lot to me if you reviewed an eppy from my show

Edited on 01/03/2009 10:00am

PokeSponge123

[55]Jan 3, 2009
    bob_ball wrote:
    OK. If this is still on Page 1 one month from now, I'll figure out how to sticky it. Sure I'll review an episode.

Castle Disastle - A

Great episode, I loved the plot twist of Perry becoming the villan and Mercutio saving the day. Is it a sign of foreshadowing of things to come? With Oliver, I think its definite, but what about Perry. I can't wait to find out. This is my second favorite of Season 6. My favorite? Perry vs Patrick, Pierce, and Penny

PM TVTomeShadow in about a month if it's still up and running. That's what tvfan95 did.

PokeSponge123

[56]Jan 3, 2009
    OMG! Sorry, clapmaster! I just realised I haven't reviewed an episode yet.

18. Move Along

A++

Sad, but still a very good episode, and a real tearjerker. Actually, this is probably my favourite episode so far, and choosing a best episode for a show as wonderful as this is hard! Well done, clapmaster! Another well written episode! I can tell you take time to think of the ideas (like I do with SC, which is one reason why it's gone on for so long )

Pandamoo2

[57]Jan 3, 2009

Review: Castle Disastle?
    This episode was good, even if it was kind-of a filler. Maybe one of the reasons I didn't personally like it that much is because I don't like video games, but that doesn't mean the episode was bad. I like how Perry is starting to think about these things instead of just letting them happen. Good work!
    PS-I love the Sims 2 though! Sims 3 in February! Woot woot!
    PPS-I love giving people ideas. Yeah and the planned death idea is interesting...it's up to you! (Then again I have no problem causing death in my show I already killed Karen and Barnacle Boy!)

Pandamoo2

[58]Jan 3, 2009

Review: First Four Episodes of "Underwater Idol" Season Two
    A decent way to start the season! Before I get into things, let me just say...YAY YOU'RE BACK! I LOVE YOU! Now that that's over with, I like how you blended new contestants almost seamlessly with the old contestants. My favorite episode out of the bunch was the second one, (but not the part with Evelyn). I liked the love triangle that's emerging. I hope you go somewhere with this. I didn't care for the Granny episode, so I'll skip it. However, I thought the diner one was great, especially the part with Mr. Krabs. I guess it makes sense that Sam's not back, but I'll miss him! But you know, that upcoming episode "When Sam Came Back..." ooh la la!

Pandamoo2

[59]Jan 3, 2009

Review: Move Along
    A++
    There's nothing for me to say. I think everyone knows that this is just a wonderful episode.

By the way I love this reviewing thing. Before it seemed like no one paid attention to other people's shows!

Please review!

PokeSponge123

[60]Jan 3, 2009
    Pandamoo2 wrote:

Review: Castle Disastle?
    This episode was good, even if it was kind-of a filler. Maybe one of the reasons I didn't personally like it that much is because I don't like video games, but that doesn't mean the episode was bad. I like how Perry is starting to think about these things instead of just letting them happen. Good work!
    PS-I love the Sims 2 though! Sims 3 in February! Woot woot!
    PPS-I love giving people ideas. Yeah and the planned death idea is interesting...it's up to you! (Then again I have no problem causing death in my show I already killed Karen and Barnacle Boy!)

Thanks for the feedback. Y'know, I actually prefer getting B grades to A grades most of the time, because I like hearing/reading advice on how to make the episodes better.

Oh, and with the whole castle thing, I actually hate those kinds of games likr RPG's. They bore me like crazy. But I thought it would make an interesting episode where I could put some questions at the end.

BTW, Pandamoo, do you have Sims 2: Apartment Life, and if so, is it any good? I'm thinking about buying it.

(Sorry, that was very off-topic.)