We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Season 5 Episode 2- "iDate Sam and Freddie" Official Discussion.

pscf3

[1]Aug 18, 2011
    • level: 16

Discuss the episode here-

"iDate Sam and Freddie" #401 Season 5 Episode 2. Airs September 2011

" Sam and Freddie are officially together, but drag Carly into every fight!"

Edited on 01/05/2012 11:00pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hurr05

[2]Aug 18, 2011
    • level: 10

if i were carly, i would punch them in the face. end of story

futuramarama

[3]Aug 18, 2011
    • level: 37
    if we have to wait until october for the next one after this, i'm gonna be mad

vanillacupcakes

[4]Aug 18, 2011
    Finally someone made a thread for this!

I'm totally ready for some OOC-ness/overly affectionate attitude. Bring it! Isn't the eskimo kiss in this?? Blehh. Oh well, I doubt that will last after the arc though. I'm prepared for people to start complaining that Sam/Freddie are annoying together, just because they'll probably make it that way for this episode only(you have to be pretty darn mushy to tick off Carly haha).

Some random thoughts regarding this episode:
    -I still want to know why there will be a lawn mower in the living room for this episode
    -Miranda did tweet about eating lasagna all day. Fun job.
    - Screencap of Carly from the opening sequence at the purple restaurant http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h402/ineversaidihateyou/Screencaps/iDSAFCarly.png
    -So...I wonder what makes Mrs. Benson suspicious enough to hire Gibby as a spy??
    -I guess Mrs. Benson screaming will be towards the end of the episode?? Leading to iCan't Take It I guess.
    -Is Freddie's living room going to be shown in this episode or the next one??

MusicAddictBabe

[5]Aug 19, 2011
    • level: 18
    Futurama - That's what I was thinking!

VC - You've done your research well I wish I would think of looking this stuff up once in awhile. Actually, I do...I come on here lol (ahem...laziness).

I was watching iLMM with my cousin when the first promo for this episode came on and I remember telling her how I kind of wanted to see what Mrs. Benson thought about all this (after seeing her scream or whatever). I don't know why. I guess just cuz she really hasn't been on many episodes lately.

pscf3

[6]Aug 19, 2011
    Seems like She was there for one of dan's table read videos later in the season.

hurr05

[7]Aug 19, 2011

She's a really annoying character IMO.

@vanilla, yeah her screaming might lead up to the next episode. she better not try tosabotagetheir relationship.

but you know what sucks? their relationship might end up like Sam and Jonah--Carly getting annoyed of Sam spending too much time with him

RomanZolanski

[8]Aug 19, 2011
    • level: 12
    MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    Futurama - That's what I was thinking!

VC - You've done your research well I wish I would think of looking this stuff up once in awhile. Actually, I do...I come on here lol (ahem...laziness).

I was watching iLMM with my cousin when the first promo for this episode came on and I remember telling her how I kind of wanted to see what Mrs. Benson thought about all this (after seeing her scream or whatever). I don't know why. I guess just cuz she really hasn't been on many episodes lately.

She was in iParty with Victorious. But agreed, her reaction would be awesome.

vanillacupcakes

[9]Aug 19, 2011

@hurr: I think it's Mrs. Benson and Gibby who try to ruin their relationship. I definitely think that impacts iCan't Take It. Eh who cares, they'll get back together anyways. I kind of like breaks in relationships. I've been looking forward to iCan't Take It the most.

@MAB: Research?? Teehee, I wish. More like stalking the Bickering Sidekicks forum and reposting information. Btw, the forum found out awhile ago there is a guy named John Omohundro who formspringed, myspaced, facebooked, about being a "teenage boy" in iDSAF. Probably not a huge role, but hey that screaming boy in iOMG was the first to reveal the title(and show some bts pics). He doesn't seem to be spilling much information though.

I just love Mrs. Benson. I really hope she has a creepy rhyme in iDSAF.

Edited on 08/19/2011 9:11pm

MusicAddictBabe

[10]Aug 20, 2011
    • level: 18
    RomanZolanski - Yeah, that's true. I forgot about that.

VC - Eh. Y'know. Whatever gives us our information lol.

rofl I love her creepy rhymes! Call me sadistic, but they make me laugh. She may not be my favorite character, and probably is one of the most annoying in my opinion, but I think it's her spasticness that we all grow to love...eh...something like that. It's late and I'm tired. I actually give her credit. The reason I probably wouldn't make a good actress is because there's no way I'd be able to be that serious and keep a straight face about everything in the series.

hurr05

[11]Aug 20, 2011

@vanilla, yeah you're right. they WILL end up getting back together anyway

yeah, iCan't Take It sounds like the REALLY interesting episode

teenj12

[12]Aug 21, 2011
    • level: 26
    hurr05 wrote:

@vanilla, yeah you're right. they WILL end up getting back together anyway

yeah, iCan't Take It sounds like the REALLY interesting episode

How many episodes are in the arc again?

vanillacupcakes

[13]Aug 21, 2011
    iOMG
    iLost My Mind
    iDate Sam and Freddie
    iCan't Take It
    iLove You

It would be 4, but if you count iOMG it's 5.

I really love Mrs. Benson. Even though she's crazy, I like the way she cares about Freddie. Okay, maybe she cares about Freddie TOO much. I still think it's sweet, and like the other characters she's an exaggeration. She's like a more extreme version of some protective moms I know, which I find hilarious. I find her creepiness funny too, which is why I like her rhymes and the "I soaked the flowers in bleach and pounded them with a mallet" thing. I've been surprised there hasn't been much interaction or fighting between Sam and Mrs. Benson in the past. Maybe it's because Sam doesn't care about Mrs. Benson or Mrs. Benson doesn't know how to deal with Sam, but I hope there will be some in the arc now that she finds out about Freddie and Sam. Like any other mom, she doesn't want her son to grow up and she wants to protect him from danger. At the same time, deep down she wants him to be happy and strong. Freddie dating Sam will definitely freak her out that way, but she does want Freddie to eventually get a girl so he can marry them and she have grandchildren(okay maybe that's just me). She used to be like "I can't believe you're going on a date! With a girl!" Long story short, I hope Mrs. Benson in the arc will lead to a few things
    1. A creepy rhyme
    2. A crazy reaction to Sam/Freddie
    3. Comedy between Sam/Mrs. Benson
    4. A realization from Mrs. Benson that even though she loves Freddie, she needs to not suffocate him as much and trust that he will be okay. This somehow involving a development scene between Mrs. Benson and Freddie.

Maybe it won't happen, because it IS a comedy and they don't have enough time for everything, but I'm hoping for at least 2 of those things on that list to happen eventually.

pscf3

[14]Aug 22, 2011
    I guess 2 and 3 would be the funniest.

teenj12

[15]Aug 22, 2011
    • level: 26
    Are Freddie and Sam really gonna break up at the end of the arc?

pscf3

[16]Aug 22, 2011
    I don't know. It depends on what Dan does.

THEY BREAK UP- they want to wait for later or everyone forces them to or some weird reason. Probably iSYL-like

THEY STAY TOGETHER- They overcome differences ,don't care about others think, and live happily ever after. Option 1- sad

Option 2- Over the top happy.

RiciSmokes2

[17]Aug 22, 2011
    • level: 7
    I want 1, 2, and 3. I want Sam and Mrs. Benson to get into it. She's sooo crazy. I don't want her to change, she has to keep making rhymes. Hopefully she'll make one about boys dating aggressive girls.

hurr05

[18]Aug 22, 2011

pscf3 wrote:
    I don't know. It depends on what Dan does. THEY BREAK UP- they want to wait for later or everyone forces them to or some weird reason. Probably iSYL-like THEY STAY TOGETHER- They overcome differences ,don't care about others think, and live happily ever after. Option 1- sad Option 2- Over the top happy.
    Ummm, I'll take the second option, please

KJLwriter

[19]Aug 23, 2011
    • level: 8
    I can't wait for this episode, but I don't want to wait a whole month for every episode. I hope it's not like that for every single one.