We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iLost My Mind" Episode Discussion

KJLwriter

[281]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 8
    I liked this episode. It made me laugh. I was looking forward to this episode for so long. I think it lived up to its expectations. I didn't know they were going to kiss at the end. It was unexpected. I liked it. I mean, it was perfect. I really liked this episode. I do agree that it could've had a little bit more humor, but it was still a great episode. I loved it and I can't wait for more episodes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vanillacupcakes

[282]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 16

83optics wrote:

* sam probably finger-painted a middle finger, but this being a G rating and all...

* so who's President with carly as VP?

* what's next after that seddie kiss? waiting a whole month to find out, that's what

* I've thought that since the promo, haha.

* GIBBAY! Hah, well our country would be screwed if that happened. It reminds me of my first icon on tv.com though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/wecan_reheat/wtk-16/icarly_07.png

Actually I would probably vote for Freddie if he ran for president. Freddie and Carly running America. *In Gibby voice* I LOVE that!

*I really, really, really hate these gaps between episodes. Especially since this is an arc. I guess that's not too bad if it's in the beginning of September and they keep showing promos for it. The way they spread half a season over a whole year is ridiculous.

teenj12

[283]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 26
    Why do people hate the special? iCarly has always had "inappropriate" things, so that can't be an excuse anymore, its not like this is Degrassi.

I personally thought this episode was my favorite.

futuramarama

[284]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 37

it was kinda boring and wasn't that funny imo. the kiss didn't do nearly as much for me as it did with iOMG.

but yea, complaining about the 'adult' jokes is pointless. there's always 'adult' jokes in the show. they're subtle so kids won't get them. sure, some kids might ask their parents about them (like what did sam draw on gibby's forehead), but obviously parents don't have to answer if they don't want to. plus it's not like this is the only show that has innuendos and the like. i see no big deal with spencer saying he was 'going to get' his 'boobs'.

Edited on 08/14/2011 11:26am

hurr05

[285]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 10

I LOVED the special, hate how long it took to get here, and hate how long we have to wait until the continuation of it in September. Haha I thought Jim Parsons was eccentric, LOL about kicking his pants though. Never heard of the guy in my life, but I thought he was a nice random add in the episode. And Spencer WANTING to dress up as Sam's mom? Uhhh...no comment lmao. Freddie looked very hot in this episode, just saying lol. And Gibby's voice is deeper than China xD rofl that kid hit puberty big time.

As for the next episode, I really don't care about Carly's feelings, sorry. Lol my two fav characters on the show are together and I'm happy. And I agree with you PSCF about her being a third wheel. But maybe she said "I'm gonna kill them" because they blew her off. Kinda like Sam and Jonah maybe haha.

RiciSmokes2

[286]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 7
    I remember thinking when she grabbed those keys, "are they gonna drive there?" I don't need to be beat over the head with explanations as to y they are together. It's y I hate Tyler perry movies (well sometimes). I much prefer subtle to a million different "development scenes". (like tHe egg episodes on other shows where the two opposite people have to become a family to an egg, and at the end they magically realize how wonderful the other is, and they're not so bad together after all). ESP seeing as neither one is declaring their undying love for the other. They are dating, not getting married. They don't have to be in love to date. They have better groundwork than most people. Freddie knows every disgusting thing about Sam, and she knows all the "wimpy" things about Freddie. You usually have to date for a while to know those kinds of things. They have decided they like one another, and have accepted the other things. Seems like a good start to me.
    Edited on 08/14/2011 1:39pm

tigerdude22

[287]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 43
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

@pscf3: Yupp, it was a sneak peek. I watched the last scene before watching the episode. I missed it the first time it aired, but I got home in time to watch the one at 9:00. Yeah, it kind of spoiled it but idc. It was kind of like how someone got the last scene of iOMG before the episode aired(but he refused to tell us haha). Plus, everybody predicted it from the BTS video(even a few Creddie shippers), because you could tell by his hands when he was walking towards her all confident.

I guess Freddie cutting off Sam was supposed to be a parallel to when Sam cut off Freddie in a way(except opposite regarding vulnerability/confidence), but it just seems like Dan is into that cliche. Didn't Beck do that to Jade?? And then the "I guess we're both insane". Lol Freddie you're so cheesy. Except cliches are sometimes good, I guess there's a reason they are overused in the first place. I still thought it was sweet.

Uhh yeah, I looked at/analyzed Spencer's reaction too(and the extras). Good thing I'm not the only one lol.

@mitsu: There's not much to really say about iOMG. If they did, it would just be more awkwardness and showing Sam check herself into the mental institution. Then they'd get a good grade on their projects. I think all we really needed to know was that Freddie wouldn't tell Carly about the kiss and Carly was trying to get him to admit it to her. Also, the both of them were trying to find Sam and sort everything out(which was in the beginning).

@FireofNature: The whole third wheel thing is going to be talked about in the next episode (iDate Sam and Freddie) and maybe a bit of iCan't Take It...right?? They take Carly with them on their dates and everything don't they...?

--------

I actually thought the whole episode was funny. I liked Jim Parsons' predictions, Spencer(although I don't understand why he's ashamed of a book club and NOT his excitement to wear fake boobs), Sam dumping her quesadillas in her bag, Goopy Gilbert(my hero! lol), and Carly/Gibby believing Caleb is from the future. I thought their more "serious" moments (the first scene, the hospital room scene, and the last scene) were very cute and sweet. They were very predictable though, but I guess I don't mind. It feels like all of the episodes are kind of predictable with all the info they leak.

I always thought Carly would freak out for a moment, THEN be happy for them later on and try to get them together. I thought there would be a Carly/Sam heart to heart conversation similar to iTTK. Ah well, I can't get everything I want.

Also, Carly grabbed keys before she left. Maybe they are house keys, but methinks they are car keys. I wish they had a "learn to drive" episode, but Carly got her license! *sniff sniff* They're growing up so fasttt!

@tiger: I respect your opinion when you say it wasn't funny, but regarding the innuendos I think they fly over kids' heads. "Boobs" usually isn't used in an inappropriate way. Dan said once that's a gray area and depends on context. It's not like a guy is commenting on somebody's boobs or someone is grabbing them. They are usually discussed in a humorous way, and I didn't find it too inappropriate for kids older than 9 or 10. They don't know what the password is, it's no different than how "icky" the neck infection video Sam showed everybody was.

@Uranium:

:
    iCarly is better than this. Your viewers are young not stupid.

Hey this might sound like a "Seddie" version of a rant that Sockstar said. Maybe I'll regret it.

Even though I don't really agree with it, I see where you're going with the rest of your argument and I respect it. I know you aren't trying to bash any shippers, but this sentence makes it seem like people who didn't like this episode are "stupid". There are many Creddie and Seddie shippers, so whether it's fan service or not, maybe there's something Seddie shippers see that is development towards this episode. The same goes for the other side. Clearly Creddie shippers see something or interpret something differently than Seddie shippers and they aren't stupid either. Even though I think Dan has been planning development before this and others' don't, the truth is nobody really knows when Dan planned what. Unless the people are Dan Schneider or crazy shippers with no sense behind what they're saying, it's better to challenge the idea rather than the people. Like I said, you aren't being mean, but there are other people who mean to insult shippers rather than what they are saying. It's just like an impulsive thing of mine to respond to things that are against people rather than ideas. Even though you didn't like the episode, some people did.

Despite that, you should really post more(maybe bring the Creddie thread back to life), because the people with similar ideas to you don't really post anymore. It will keep the forum more neutral and you put a lot of thought into what you say.

I actually rather see Carly and Freddie together but it doesn't really matter who Freddie goes with. I mean, I've never liked Sam in the show but if Freddie is having feelings for Sam then it's okay with me.

Uranium_OJ

[288]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 6

First off, thank you @TrueBeliever86 for agreeing with me. It made me feel warm inside. Second, I've always been a seddie shipper but after this episode, I'm not sure I am. Honestly, it just feels forced right now.

And what concerns me the most is that lately Dan HAS been phoning it in for iCarly. He'll finish the episodes but he'll really just give us what we want, add some half-wit humor and then leave it at that to be premiered MONTHS after filming it. It's annoying and I think Dan has just lost interest in iCarly which is really sad because I love the show and the characters and I want to see a REAL story develop on the screen not some fanservice for seddie fans.

Believe me, I'm trying really hard guys, but I can see VERY little development in the seddie story. Unless Freddie gets sexually stimulated by pain and abuse, I don't see how he could love Sam at this point. He's been waiting for Carly since iSYL. He told her. And suddenly, that plot line is thrown out, and he loves Sam all of a sudden. I call Fanservice on this one.

But someone'll say "Oh, but he loved her all along!" Really? Cuz I saw no sign of this. his reaction in iOMG was much more realistic. The awkward, "I totally did NOT expect that to happen," look.

How could he have SUDDENLY starting liking Sam between iOMG and iLost my Mind? There was NO evidence.

Ergh, maybe he's just desperate enough to have feelings for the first girl who gives him enough attention. Honestly, I've given up.

RomanZolanski

[289]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 12
    Hehe, one HUGE Virginia.
    Anyways, LOVED this episode, loved Jim, loved the third kiss, loved everything about this episode. Definately in my top 5 favourites.

kari916

[290]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 3

I thought the episode was sweet and it had a few funny moments not a lot but a few.I liked that Freddie was worried about Sam and poor Carly kind of over reacted at the the beginning but eventually she calmed down Jim Parsons' Caleb was funny. Spencer at the beginning exchanging recipes with the woman in his book club was funny The kiss at the end was sweet andit parallels the ending of iOMG perfectly.

vanillacupcakes

[291]Aug 14, 2011

@Rici: Exactly. Usually you date before you fall in love. Usually that's how it works. Maybe it was the opposite for Sam, but for Freddie?? I assume it will be shown in iLove You. People should just wait until the arc is done with before they judge the relationship. I don't want these huge "relationship development" episodes. I do think Sam might be unsure if he actually likes her, and it may be one of the reasons they break up. I guess we'll have to see.

I'll repeat myself, the only thing standing in the way on Freddie's side of he relationship was that Sam's fake "I hate you" wall she built up. After iOMG he had 3 days to process it, she admitted she seriously does like him, why wouldn't he?? They probably didn't show him liking her until the end as a "surprise"(wasn't that surprising though imo). We just need to see later.

@Hurr: I agree(except the part about Carly, I think her feelings are the most important). It feels surreal that I waited so long for this to happen and now I have to wait even longer for the rest of it. I do think the reason she doesn't like them will be legitimate and not shallow, like the fact they are dragging her to dates to settle their arguments or they're being "annoyingly affectionate" or not themselves. Somebody should make threads for the rest of these episodes.

EDIT: Oh chiz. Freddie isn't the future president...it's Justin Bieber! :O Wtf. I'm moving out of the country.

http://origin.www.icarly.com/iBlogs/entry1234.html

Edited on 08/14/2011 6:25pm
    Edited 2 total times.

pscf3

[292]Aug 14, 2011
    Man, I feel sorry for THOSE citizens.

RiciSmokes2

[293]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 7
    Awww!!! Bieber 4 Prez!!! Well he's Canadian, so no go. I loved the "be your little girlfriend" speech Sam gave. Last ditch effort to save face, I was like awwwww. She reallly likes him and wants to be his girlfriend. I've got to go try BBT, bc Jim Parsons was hilarious. Esp after Spencer kicked him, " don't touch it ". Died laughing.
    Edited on 08/14/2011 8:42pm

vanillacupcakes

[294]Aug 14, 2011

^You should definitely watch BBT. I'm watching it right now, haha. I have the DVDs, no shame no shame. My family hates it though. I loved Jim Parsons' in almost every scene he was in, but Jim/Jerry was fghweroisdlfkj I died inside.

Edited on 08/14/2011 8:50pm

vanillacupcakes

[295]Aug 14, 2011

Every time I post it gets cut off...so I'm making another post. Maybe they disregard the entire constitution and allow non-American citizens to run for office?? Lol that would never happen...but it's weird he knows Nora would kidnap them again. Otherwise, yeahhh none of his predictions can happen.

Yes, I loved that line from Sam! I think I said this in the Seddie thread already, but Sam had her walls up until the kiss and I LOVED it. She was so vulnerable and tried to act like she didn't care.

"I wouldn't want to date you or be your little girlfriend". Oh but you do.

"Humiliate me in front of millions of people, I don't care". Yeah, you care.

"I hate you". Lieslieslies Sam.

I think Freddie definitely caught her vulnerability, leading him to want to "surprise" her in the end and walk up to kiss her. I've said this a million times even before iOMG, but I like how Sam is "tougher" than Freddie yet Freddie is so much more confident than her. And the fact that Sam thought he was going to reject her in front of everybody?? D'aww Sam you are so sweet.

Edited on 08/14/2011 8:52pm

KJLwriter

[296]Aug 14, 2011
    I liked the kiss. It was romantic and spontaneous. It was special. I loved it. I would also vote for Freddie to be president. He would be good. He will be successful with whatever he does. Carly will be great as vice president.

pscf3

[297]Aug 15, 2011
    Beaver messed it up, though.

hurr05

[298]Aug 15, 2011
    • level: 10

CALEB: Kick my thigh!

CARLY/FREDDIE: ...we don't want to...?

KJLwriter

[299]Aug 15, 2011
    Jim Parsons was, of course, great at playing this character.

vanillacupcakes

[300]Aug 15, 2011

You know Sam's phone number that shows up in the first scene?? It's real. If you call it, it will go to Sam's voicemail. (503) 664-0452

Other things I liked:

1. The fact the "SEDDIE!" Goopy Gilbert guy lives in his mothers' basement.

2. "We know tons of parents!" Oh...really Spencer?? Lol the irony of that statement.

3. When Sam said something like, "A lot of mental patients love iCarly!". That kind of sums of the fandom right there.

4. Spencer and his pants.

5. The opening credits

6. Spencer and those jeans. Ohmygosh. I love Jerry Trainor.

Edited on 08/15/2011 2:15pm