We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iLost My Mind" Episode Discussion

83optics

[261]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 6

learned:

* EVOO + carly's skinny jeans = a good time

* sam's password: CREDDIE

* spencer's boobs, there when you need them

* sam probably finger-painted a middle finger, but this being a G rating and all...

* so who's President with carly as VP?

* gibby will be in the bathroom, don't disturb him for awhile

* what's next after that seddie kiss? waiting a whole month to find out, that's what

Edited on 08/14/2011 8:27am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Shadowswhisper

[262]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 2

I'm voting Carly in 2012.

futuramarama

[263]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 37
    liked:

-Spencer trying to get in the jeans only to find out they are Carly's.

-Jim Parsons as Caleb. never heard of him before this, but he was pretty funny, such as his Virginia/West Virginia line, Carly being the next VP, etc.

-Gibby attacking the nurse

-the ending was nice

-Spencer as Sam's mom (would have been funnier i think if they hadn't shown this in the promos)

-"we're going to a mental institution." "yes!" (the way he says 'yes!', gotta love it).

probably more i don't remember at the moment.

i didn't like this one a whole lot. not half as much as iOMG, which i found better in both humor and plot. this was a nice episode and had some pretty funny parts, but the plot didn't entertain me as much as iOMG. hopefully i will like next episode more.

oh, and having to wait another month? lame. a lot of people could easily lose focus if they have to keep waiting. of course, this is something a lot of people want to see, but they could still be losing ratings if they keep doing month gaps in between episodes

KJLwriter

[264]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 8

I LOVED this episode!!!!!! Things I liked:

- Spencer in the first scene. I knew from the beginning that they were Carly's pants. They looked like girl pants. I think it's funny that Spencer didn't know and put all of that time and effort into trying to put them on.

- Jim Parsons as Caleb. He was funny! I like Jim Parsons from The Big Bang Theory. He's a funny actor. He was great as Caleb. Carly being the future vice president of America? I'd vote for her. She should be president. She would be great.

- Sam's finger painting. She wasn't finger painting. She was painting a finger, which was funny. Plus, it was a really good painting!!! I didn't know Sam was that artsy.

- The ending with the webshow. It was sweet that Freddie was the last web chat. He did have a point. People only cared about how Sam felt. They didn't even ask him. He's the other half in the relationship. His feelings matter too. I liked how they worked that into the episode. Then, the kiss! Yup! I loved that! It was so good! Everyone seemed to love it, including Carly.

I'm very happy with this episode. It was really good. It was a good season premiere. iOMG was a great episode and this one was great too.

I don't want to wait another month to see the next episode in which they actually date. September? Why? Boo.....I wish Nick would do shows like other shows and have a new episode every week until a short hiatus for Christmas and stuff. I know it makes the season more spread out, but this is way too far spread out. You know? Well, I loved the episode and I can't wait for more of them! Good season of iCarly so far!!!!

Edited on 08/13/2011 6:09pm

Fireofnature

[265]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 13
    Hmm, the episode was alright, plenty of humor when needed. Though I really enjoyed the ending (not because of the Sam/Freddie kiss, but partially because of that.) It's like your typical moment she's talking and going on and he's just like (well probably thinking it) "Okay, aaand shut up now." Kiss. I kind of laughed at that and went "wow, okay then" at the same time.

Can't say I'm "Spazzing" out, but it's all right.

Actually the fan war's not over. Why? It's only going to get worse....Hell I even noticed some moments that those who ship creddie might try to use against everyone...

mitsukigirl13

[266]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 18
    This episode was... okay. It's just that, with such a great opener like iOMG (which I felt had more humor, a slightly better story, slightly, and the pace was better). But this one just simply wasn't as good. I really wish they would've shown us what happened right after the kiss, and then flash forward a few days later, since there are still a lot of unanswered questions (What did Sam/Freddie/Carly do, what happened with the projects, etc.) Another thing, the story just wasn't good, at least in my opinion. I think they only spent a total of seven minutes actually discussing what happened, and the rest was random filler that was supposed to be funny but really wasn't. The only things I laughed at were Gibby, the 'One big Virginia' line (My mind is in the gutters ), and the Seddie/Spaghetti guy. Back to the story, all the Seddie parts just really seemed fanfiction-y to me. Yeah, I know they were trying to make it seem serious, but it just didn't work, it didn't seem realistic or believable to me. Finally, the kiss at the end. One: It was predictable, and two: Like the iOMG kiss, it looked really fake. I know they're only seventeen or whatever but I've seen actors/actresses stage a kiss way better looking/believable. And again, this part seemed really fanfiction-y.

Overall, I feel like iKiss and iOMG were better episodes in both humor and story (even if iOMG had one or two plotholes, like why Sam just immediantly started acting nice, and not smoothly over time, and why exactly she did start to like Freddie. That's the bad thing about these teen romance shows, there's no growth between characters except for two or three seperate episodes, and then BAM! Sudden attraction). I would give iLMM a 6 out of 10 rating, and I really hope the next episode is better. BTW, I just have to mention this: The next episode isn't until September? What the H Nick? And you wonder why Disney and CN are beating you in the ratings. Because unless it's Christmas or the season break, they actually air new episodes every week or every other week! Take some notes Nick!

hurr05

[267]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 10

Well...sorry Creddie fans, but it looks like Freddie is in love with Sam WHOO GO FREDWARD!!!

I was a little disturbed at Spencer's "I'll get my boobs" line. O_o

Freddie was such a sweetie to Sam in the end. And I'm curious at why Carly said "i'm gonna kill Sam and Freddie" in the promo for the upcoming episode in September. Hmmm...

Fireofnature

[268]Aug 13, 2011
    Yeah hurr, that'll probably be the thing that Creddie's try to use, but here's my theory realistically and probably the most likely:

Third Wheel syndrome: They start dating, spend a bunch of time together and it looks like they might ignore Carly and/or just use her to try and help them if they start to fight and it may get to her. So naturally if she feels like the third wheel, she's going to be angry at them. You have to think, that's something that even the most clearminded friend is going to be a little worried about when their two best friends start dating

justanamey

[269]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 1

Hi does anyone have a download or watch link for this ep? having alot of trouble fining one

RiciSmokes2

[270]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 7
    I semi-liked this episode. Naturally I loved the seddie moments. There just didn't seem to be enough humor. I lol'd everytime Jim Parsons was on the screen. Esp when Spencer kicked him. Lol at cartoon network and Disney besting Nick in ratings, as long as re-runs of Spongebob score in the top 25 cable ratings every week, that'll never happen. Adult swim does great, but cartoon network.... But Disney is right behind Nick, and their weird schedule is less than helpful. Nick should switch to the model the others use. IDK why they haven't already.
    Edited on 08/13/2011 10:17pm

Uranium_OJ

[271]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 6

Okay, I definitely agree with MitsukiGirl. I thought that the kiss was kind of unrealistic and it also wasn't made very believable that Freddie likes her all of a sudden. (cuz we weren't given ANY reason at this point. It woulda been a little more realistic if he was like "i'm flattered, but I'm not sure I feel the same way yet" and then GROW to love her later.)

Unfortunately, I fear that this is ALL the development we're gonna get with regards to WHEN/HOW they each started liking each other (especially when Freddie started liking SAM.)

But, I totally get was Dan was going for. The "movie" kiss, where the guy, impulsive and passionate, grabs a hold of the girl and gives her a big wet one. It was very contrived and a little cliche and HONESTLY, kind of awkward for me to watch, since Nathan and Jennette are way younger than most RomCom couples.

I mean, I am a seddie shipper, but I feel like their relationship was kind of abrupt. And I REALLY don't want to make the connection, but it was a little bit like Quogan, with a smidge of more development, but just a smidge.

Also, I could totally feel Dan Schneider making this episode for the fans (err... I guess only the seddie ones). It didn't feel like an episode with a plot that adds to the story as a natural progression from previous episodes. Rather, IT FELT LIKE FANSERVICE.

teenj12

[272]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 26

My review:

- Lol, at Carly and Freddie telling Gibby "We're going to a mental hospital" xD.

- Spencer getting pepper sprayed was hilarious!

- Jim Parsons is SO FUNNY!!!!

- Aww Sam. Her and Freddie's confrontation was hilarious!

- The lockdown was hilarious!

- What was Spencer doing with all those girls!

- Love that the main drive was getting Sam home to do iCarly.

- Wtf at Jim Parson laughing at the tv!!!

- LOL at Spencer playing as Sam/ that stupid man HAD to mess it up.

- Lockdown again xD .

- Glad they did iCarly from the Mental Hospital

- Even when the show centers on relationships it still hold strong to the webshow .

- Jim was hilarious. The ABSOLUTE best part of the episode XDDDDDDD

- The return of "SEDDDIIIEEEE"

- Aww Seddie happened!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seddiers.. we did it!!! Well Dan did it but you know what I mean. I saw no Creddie .

Edited on 08/13/2011 9:53pm

TrueBeliever86

[273]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 2

I completely agree with MitsukiGirl and Uranium_OJ, Sam and Freddie are so completely unrealistic. And so is Carly being all happy happy joy joy about them. I don't care what Dan does, he will never convince me that Sam and Freddie like each like that. And not just because I ship Carly/Freddie. It's just ridiculousness. There's no basis for it. It what universe does it make any sense that Sam would just suddenly like Freddie? And Freddie has been in love with Carly the entire series and now were supposed to believe that he suddenly has feelings for Sam? I don't think so. Did Dan just decide to ignore the events of iSYL? I'm sorry, but there is no way that boy is over Carly or that she's hunky dory about all this. They had real feelings for each other that Dan insinuated would be addressed later, but instead we get thisthis random Seddie junk. Uranium is right on the money, it's fan service. Simple as that. No doubt about it. Although I'm not sure why he was willing to stomp all over Creddiers just to please Seddiers. It's not cool to play with one group of shippers feelings and then crush them to placate the other shippers feelings, Dan. It's cheap and stupid and I won't be watching anymore, not until you come to you senses Dan. You are better than this. iCarly is better than this. Your viewers are young not stupid. Look everyone is entitled to their opinions and I am in no way trying to bash anyone or start any fights, but I just have to say this again, which is just my opinion, but Seddie is so completely unrealistic it's ridiculous. Dan obviously wasn't planning on them at all and you can't make a relationship out of nothing. I know Seddiers see it, but I don't. Even when they had their kiss to get their first kiss out of the way, did I think they'd ever be a couple. You can't just throw people together because half your fans want it that way. And I know that Seddiers will just say that about Creddie and that's fine. I would accept Seddie if I really thought that's where the story was going and it made a lick of sense, but it wasn't and it doesn't. Not to mention I can make a million arguments for Creddie as a couple, but I draw blanks about Seddie. The way I saw it was that Sam and Freddie were only friends because of Carly. Again just my opinion. I'm going to stop ranting now, but first I want to say that I don't appreciate that the Creddie relationship and history just gets forgotten and reduced to nothing just for Seddie's sake. Especially considering that we have entered some alternate universe and Seddie are going to date it will never last. Carly chaperoning them on a date just ptoves that. They already know they'll fight. Sam and Freddie can't stand each other and not in the cute I just pretend to hate you, but I really like you way, but in the actually cannot get along to save their lives way, so yeah dating makes sense. I'm sorry to be all angry and what not but I feel very disrespected not just as a Creddie fan, but as an iCarly fan. So Seddiers enjoy this while it lasts, but it's going to be Creddie in the end I just know it. Dan can't ignore them forever. He can't write an amazing episode like iSYL and expect us to believe he doesn't have big plans for them. I'll just wait for Dan's temporary insanity to pass and then I'll tune in again. Peace out.

Edited on 08/13/2011 11:55pm

pscf3

[274]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 16

Lol, you need to join this fourm^^^^, even out the opinions. Anyway how could no one mention that Gibby is now HUGE and has a DEEP, DEEP voice.

EDIT- here's the kiss gif:

I was wondering if this was in one of the sneak peaks, because even people on the seddie site weren't acting surprised, per say.

Edited on 08/14/2011 7:16am
    Edited 2 total times.

JonathonWolf

[275]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 10
    pscf3 wrote:

Lol, you need to join this fourm^^^^, even out the opinions. Anyway how could no one mention that Gibby is now HUGE and has a DEEP, DEEP voice.

EDIT- here's the kiss gif:

I was wondering if this was in one of the sneak peaks, because even people on the seddie site weren't acting surprised, per say.

For someone reason, I find it hilarious that Spencer is in the background all nonchalant and just raises a brow like "some good kissing technique there."

RiciSmokes2

[276]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 7
    Well the kiss was completely sweet, but totally cliche and predictable. ^ lol I thought I was the only one looking at Spencer's weird reaction.

Fireofnature

[277]Aug 14, 2011
    In all honesty, I think the whole fan war thing kind of killed any actual emotion geared towards any kind of kiss whatsoever. I just wish people could just respect them as characters, you know? It's like, everyone's so hung up on the whole fan war it takes the enjoyment and fun out of a show, and even romance if there is any.

I mean normally, if people weren't so flamboyant about it all, when that kiss happened (or any kiss at all for that matter) of a relationship starting out, it should feel more whole and not the first thought be (well this happened to me, don't know if anyone else was the same) "Well, now the other side's going to start up like crazy."

nicknameless101

[278]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 25

This episode was funny, especially with Jim Parson's character Caleb, but I have to agree with some people, here. I thought that Sam and Freddie's kiss was rather sudden. I mean, Freddie has liked Carly for the whole series, but he suddenly likes Sam now? Honestly, I do think Sam is crazy for liking and hating Freddie at the same time.

tigerdude22

[279]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 43
    Sorry to the fans that love "iLost My Mind" but I seriously hated this episode and nothing made me laugh. Not even when Spencer is dressed up as Pam (mainly because it was spoiled in the credits) and when Spencer was in Carly's jeans because I found it to be lame and dumb. Maybe that only part was teensy bit funny was when that fan was saying "SEDDIE" (just the way he said it was teensy bit funny). I had to laugh at least a little in that part but even that part didn't help me enjoy this episode even more. Dan Schneider should have come up with a much better plot than Sam going to a mental hospital. I'm sorry but this episode was an awful continuation to an excellent episode called "iOMG" in my opinion. I also hated the adult humor in this episode. For Pete's sakes, children watch this show... I know a lot of teenagers watch this show but Dan Schneider needs to think about the children also. Seriously? Spencer "I'll go get my boobs". Also, when Freddie asked Carly "What's Sam's password?" and then Carly responds "I can't, it's icky". Children are gonna be asking their parents what it means. I mean, adult humor can be fine sometimes but not so much that it gets into that kid's mind. Dan needs to think about the children. That's what concerns me about this show sometimes. Anyways, I just hated this episode. I'm not even looking forward to the next special "iDate Sam and Freddie" in September because that special also looks like a total disaster.

Love "iOMG"... Hated "iLost My Mind". Also, this episode was also an awful start for Season 5.

vanillacupcakes

[280]Aug 14, 2011
    • level: 16

@pscf3: Yupp, it was a sneak peek. I watched the last scene before watching the episode. I missed it the first time it aired, but I got home in time to watch the one at 9:00. Yeah, it kind of spoiled it but idc. It was kind of like how someone got the last scene of iOMG before the episode aired(but he refused to tell us haha). Plus, everybody predicted it from the BTS video(even a few Creddie shippers), because you could tell by his hands when he was walking towards her all confident.

I guess Freddie cutting off Sam was supposed to be a parallel to when Sam cut off Freddie in a way(except opposite regarding vulnerability/confidence), but it just seems like Dan is into that cliche. Didn't Beck do that to Jade?? And then the "I guess we're both insane". Lol Freddie you're so cheesy. Except cliches are sometimes good, I guess there's a reason they are overused in the first place. I still thought it was sweet.

Uhh yeah, I looked at/analyzed Spencer's reaction too(and the extras). Good thing I'm not the only one lol.

@mitsu: There's not much to really say about iOMG. If they did, it would just be more awkwardness and showing Sam check herself into the mental institution. Then they'd get a good grade on their projects. I think all we really needed to know was that Freddie wouldn't tell Carly about the kiss and Carly was trying to get him to admit it to her. Also, the both of them were trying to find Sam and sort everything out(which was in the beginning).

@FireofNature: The whole third wheel thing is going to be talked about in the next episode (iDate Sam and Freddie) and maybe a bit of iCan't Take It...right?? They take Carly with them on their dates and everything don't they...?

--------

I actually thought the whole episode was funny. I liked Jim Parsons' predictions, Spencer(although I don't understand why he's ashamed of a book club and NOT his excitement to wear fake boobs), Sam dumping her quesadillas in her bag, Goopy Gilbert(my hero! lol), and Carly/Gibby believing Caleb is from the future. I thought their more "serious" moments (the first scene, the hospital room scene, and the last scene) were very cute and sweet. They were very predictable though, but I guess I don't mind. It feels like all of the episodes are kind of predictable with all the info they leak.

I always thought Carly would freak out for a moment, THEN be happy for them later on and try to get them together. I thought there would be a Carly/Sam heart to heart conversation similar to iTTK. Ah well, I can't get everything I want.

Also, Carly grabbed keys before she left. Maybe they are house keys, but methinks they are car keys. I wish they had a "learn to drive" episode, but Carly got her license! *sniff sniff* They're growing up so fasttt!

@tiger: I respect your opinion when you say it wasn't funny, but regarding the innuendos I think they fly over kids' heads. "Boobs" usually isn't used in an inappropriate way. Dan said once that's a gray area and depends on context. It's not like a guy is commenting on somebody's boobs or someone is grabbing them. They are usually discussed in a humorous way, and I didn't find it too inappropriate for kids older than 9 or 10. They don't know what the password is, it's no different than how "icky" the neck infection video Sam showed everybody was.

@Uranium:

:
    iCarly is better than this. Your viewers are young not stupid.

Hey this might sound like a "Seddie" version of a rant that Sockstar said. Maybe I'll regret it.

Even though I don't really agree with it, I see where you're going with the rest of your argument and I respect it. I know you aren't trying to bash any shippers, but this sentence makes it seem like people who didn't like this episode are "stupid". There are many Creddie and Seddie shippers, so whether it's fan service or not, maybe there's something Seddie shippers see that is development towards this episode. The same goes for the other side. Clearly Creddie shippers see something or interpret something differently than Seddie shippers and they aren't stupid either. Even though I think Dan has been planning development before this and others' don't, the truth is nobody really knows when Dan planned what. Unless the people are Dan Schneider or crazy shippers with no sense behind what they're saying, it's better to challenge the idea rather than the people. Like I said, you aren't being mean, but there are other people who mean to insult shippers rather than what they are saying. It's just like an impulsive thing of mine to respond to things that are against people rather than ideas. Even though you didn't like the episode, some people did.

Despite that, you should really post more(maybe bring the Creddie thread back to life), because the people with similar ideas to you don't really post anymore. It will keep the forum more neutral and you put a lot of thought into what you say.

Edited on 08/14/2011 10:43am
    Edited 3 total times.