We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official 'iGive Away A Car' Discussion

taillow22

[1]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 11

The episode airs January 17th. According to Jennette McCurdy, Nevel will be in this episode! I, personally, am looking forward to this episode.

Discuss here.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skye2880

[2]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 5
    I think she said Mandy would also be appearing again in this episode ._.

That's gonna be interesting to see..

Ghostly Echo: ...Quack, quack...

foobacoligist

[3]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 10

I'm excited for this one I'm wondering if or how they're going to tie the seddie kiss into this, if at all- because you never know what carly might bring up.

OMG new thought- Mandy/Nevel! or mandy starts obsessing over nevel

theory: because they're giving away a car and the dealership people don't know what they're talking about (apparently) and because spencer is tied up with something- they'll have to choice but to go to Nevel for help. maybe mandy's mom/dad own the dealership?

theory on my theory?

that70sguy92

[4]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 16
    It will be interesting to see if they play the Seddie kiss into this. Dan can't just leave that untouched until season three, but, one other non-Dan Nick show did (Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide), so it could happen, unfortunately. But, knowing Dan, he won't ignore it for very long. Unless the episodes were played out of order and that was really the season finale.... There's no way to know until the 17th!
    Edited on 01/06/2009 4:13pm

cheysm1

[5]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 16
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    It will be interesting to see if they play the Seddie kiss into this. Dan can't just leave that untouched until season three, but, one other non-Dan Nick show did (Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide), so it could happen, unfortunately. But, knowing Dan, he won't ignore it for very long. Unless the episodes were played out of order and that was really the season finale.... There's no way to know until the 17th!

I saw on another site that this episode was filmed 5 episodes after ikiss

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[6]Jan 7, 2009
    cheysm1 wrote:
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    It seems as though the production codes are different then, kinda going out of order again, oh well. new episode at least, that's all that matters.

Sarah22299

[7]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 2
    Does anyone know the episode order and their airing dates?

kikimarie593

[8]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 27
    I know that if Mandy is on this episode, it's going to be awesome. Although most people hated Mandy, I loved her. I thought she was hilarious!

taillow22

[9]Jan 7, 2009

Gibby is also going to be in the episode, because iRemember Jennette saying something like 'Nevel, Mandy, AND Gibby are going to be in the same episode!'.

this episode is going to be the best

taillow22

[10]Jan 7, 2009
    iCarlyHIMYMfan wrote:
    cheysm1 wrote:
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    It seems as though the production codes are different then, kinda going out of order again, oh well. new episode at least, that's all that matters.

this is all according to wikipedia, but...
    iGo to japan was 201 - 203
    isaw him first - 204
    istage an intervention - 205
    iowe you - 206
    ihurt lewbert - 207
    ipie - 208
    then it skips 209 and goes right to 210, ichristmas. my guess is that 209 is imeet fred.
    it then skips ahead to 213, ikiss
    then 217, igive away a car.
    pretty confusing...

skye2880

[11]Jan 7, 2009
    Yeah, I don't trust wiki. Especially cause apparently, they say iGo To Japan came before iSaw Him First. But in iSaw Him First, Sam asks about why Freddie's voice is deeper. It was already deeper in iGo to Japan so...it wouldn't really make sense...

foobacoligist

[12]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 10
    skye2880 wrote:
    Yeah, I don't trust wiki. Especially cause apparently, they say iGo To Japan came before iSaw Him First. But in iSaw Him First, Sam asks about why Freddie's voice is deeper. It was already deeper in iGo to Japan so...it wouldn't really make sense...
    ya, because isaw him first is the first episode in season 2- I wouldn't trust wiki

IHeartSB

[13]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 13
    Just judging by the plot for this episode, I don't think that the kiss will be talked about or even eluded to. It will be as if it never even happened. There is no real way to fit it into any one particular scene, especially since Mandy and Nevel will be back. I know that Gibby is also supposed to be in this episode but he is such an unimportant character that he was even used in iKiss with no extra added value to the episode. I hope this episode is going to be good cause most people are curious about the impact that the kiss has on Freddie and Sam's relationship. I really don't think that the topic will be addressed again until iGirlify Sam.

skye2880

[14]Jan 7, 2009
    IHeartSB wrote:
    Just judging by the plot for this episode, I don't think that the kiss will be talked about or even eluded to. It will be as if it never even happened. There is no real way to fit it into any one particular scene, especially since Mandy and Nevel will be back. I know that Gibby is also supposed to be in this episode but he is such an unimportant character that he was even used in iKiss with no extra added value to the episode. I hope this episode is going to be good cause most people are curious about the impact that the kiss has on Freddie and Sam's relationship. I really don't think that the topic will be addressed again until iGirlify Sam.

I dunno, I expect there might be the slightest bit of awkwardness now. Or a slight change in attitude. I don't think everything's gonna be dropped as if it hadn't happened and then picked up in like the next episode...I think there might be some very slight changes that might -progress- into iGirlify Sam. But it'd be weird if they just act like nothing happened and then suddenly, in iGirlify Sam, it's like something -did- happen...if you get my point XD

IHeartSB

[15]Jan 7, 2009
    skye2880 wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:

I dunno, I expect there might be the slightest bit of awkwardness now. Or a slight change in attitude. I don't think everything's gonna be dropped as if it hadn't happened and then picked up in like the next episode...I think there might be some very slight changes that might -progress- into iGirlify Sam. But it'd be weird if they just act like nothing happened and then suddenly, in iGirlify Sam, it's like something -did- happen...if you get my point XD

You might be right, but remember that Sam said to Freddie that no one should know that they kissed. It would be very unlikely that there would be some obvious awkwardness between them and that Carly would be oblivious to the whole thing. She seems like the kind of person who would bring it up and the next episode doesn't seem like the time or the place for that.

skye2880

[16]Jan 7, 2009
    IHeartSB wrote:
    skye2880 wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:

You might be right, but remember that Sam said to Freddie that no one should know that they kissed. It would be very unlikely that there would be some obvious awkwardness between them and that Carly would be oblivious to the whole thing. She seems like the kind of person who would bring it up and the next episode doesn't seem like the time or the place for that.

I think you're right about Carly picking it up, but I don't think there's just gonna be nothing. Even if they don't want there to be any sort of change, that kinda thing just...happens in that situation, ya know? What I think is Carly will probably pick it up, but not question it yet--just sort of eye them suspiciously or something like that.

IHeartSB

[17]Jan 7, 2009
    skye2880 wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:
    skye2880 wrote:
    IHeartSB wrote:

I think you're right about Carly picking it up, but I don't think there's just gonna be nothing. Even if they don't want there to be any sort of change, that kinda thing just...happens in that situation, ya know? What I think is Carly will probably pick it up, but not question it yet--just sort of eye them suspiciously or something like that.

The only way for there to be NOTHING going on in this episode is if it is aired out of order. While other shows (Drake and Josh seem to come to mind) have done this in the past, it gets very confusing to the viewers. If I'm correct about this then these forums will be buzzing with people wondering they acted as if nothing happened.

jjsthekid

[18]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 21

Nevel and Mandy are back for revenge! LOL

taillow22

[19]Jan 8, 2009

yeah, i seriously doubt they will mention the kiss, especially in the next episode. the only reason why they kissed was to get both of their first kisses out of the way and stop worrying about it, remember? it was NOT because they liked each other. it will almost be like nothing's changed.

and if the kiss does come up in the show again (which it will, im pretty sure) it will be later. like, maybe sam or freddie realized they liked each other, and they try to ignore it at first, but after a lot of episodes, they cant ignore it any more, leading up to iGirlify Sam.

oh, and just a little side note - i dont think that gibby's useless to the show, like people were saying! dans shows typically have funny, if a little odd characters that appear in the show a lot, like recurring characters. dj - crazy steve, craig and eric, gavin. zoey 101 - stacey. i think that gibbys point, just like all of those other characters, is to add a little bit of quirky humor.

Edited on 01/08/2009 3:59pm

taillow22

[20]Jan 8, 2009

skye2880 wrote:
    well, i think that production codes mean the order in which the episodes were filmed, not the air dates... im not sure though lol

anyway, heres a picture of the cover of the script:

http://aries.galacgallery.com/seddie/displayimage.php?album=23&pos=7

if you look closley, it will say '201, 202, and 203'

Edited on 01/08/2009 4:04pm