We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Carly Shay/Miranda Cosgrove Discussion

iskabibble07

[161]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 13
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    I still don't believe it. Until I see some big scandolous news story and a firm person to say it exists.
    Same here. Just because Miranda is successful, no reason to go after her with rumors.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Fireofnature

[162]Oct 5, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    I still don't believe it. Until I see some big scandolous news story and a firm person to say it exists.
    Same here. Just because Miranda is successful, no reason to go after her with rumors.

I say it's just another one of those "get over it" type things. EVERY celebrity will have rumors on them, it's a fact of life. Eventually, even Jenette and Nathan will. A celebrity has no personal or private life whatsoever. Look at people like Britney Spears...

iMIMI37

[163]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    Exactly. When people see someone successful they always want to start rumors to ruin their reputation. You can't always believe what you hear.

ycc1988

[164]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 20
    Enough talk on the rumour. So, who's going to watch Miranda in the Naked Brothers Band on the 18th? I will (if Turbonick works), but not specifically for Miranda.

iMIMI37

[165]Oct 6, 2008
    I didn't know she would be on. I guess I'll watch it. NBB is more of the show I watch only cause it's on teenick. Also cause I'm curious about Nat and Rosalina. Anyways, why is she on there?

ycc1988

[166]Oct 6, 2008
    The Naked Brothers Band is shooting a feature-length movie. Rosalina is working to get herself written of the script, which confuses Nat until he finds out she won a cruise around the world and wants to leave the band temporarily so that she can go (well, no one has actually said she's quitting but that seems to follow from all the synopses out there). To further complicate the matter, Nat and his new co-star Miranda seem to be hitting it off.

iskabibble07

[167]Oct 7, 2008
    Miranda seems to be involved in a lot of "other" projects. Maybe that is why we see Nathan, Jerry and Jennette alot on the web site or through other venues like Youtube. I wish Miranda would focus on being a success with ICarly only. If she gets too distracted, that will hurt the show.

AndreaMSkate

[168]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 49
    ^ But she has to think about her career, too. iCarly is right now, but she should be getting involved in all sorts of venues in order to ensure that she still has a career after iCarly, by building her resume. It's just like anything else, really. You want to get as much experience as possible. I'm sure she has a schedule for iCarly that she has to work around anyway.

iMIMI37

[169]Oct 8, 2008
    True. Am I the only one who finds Nat and Miranda romantically weird. It doesn't sit right with me.

WAVY10

[170]Oct 8, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    iMIMI37 wrote:

For her sake (and my stomach), I hope this is fake. The thing I would do is keep it in the back of my mind in case, God forbid, that was true.

NbbRockGirl

[171]Oct 14, 2008
    • level: 22
    I can't wait to see Miranda on NBB... anyone gonna watch?

ycc1988

[172]Oct 14, 2008
    I like the NBB. I'd watch, guest star or not. Their latest song "Face in the Hall" is by far their greatest so far.

I'm not sure how this is going to work. If Miranda is guest starring in "Mystery Girl" only, yet was given the female lead in the (fake) movie, then what is going to happen after this episode?

I like Miranda on iCarly, but I don't have any idea what kind of performance she might give on this show. Hopefully it'll be good.

NbbRockGirl

[173]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 22
    Same here. I love Miranda and I know she'll be a good addition to the movie...just not as Nat's love interest... I'm voting on Rosie for that!

ycc1988

[174]Oct 21, 2008
    I finally got my hands on a complete copy of the movie (via torrent). The movie was awesome, but felt incomplete. It should have been a triple instead. Miranda was great as "Miranda" (take note of my notation), but I thought it was bad they they never really resolved the weirdness of the kiss.

I would have had a lot more to say over on the NBB forum, but things are a mess over there. Anyone care to launch a takeover bid?

Back to Miranda, since the next movie takes us right up to post-production (see clip of "Nat" in the studio in the promo), I think it's safe to assume that Miranda's role in the show is done. "Nat" and "Miranda" seemed to be getting a bit close in Mystery Girl, but judging by the Operation Mojo promo, it's going to be all about "Rosalina" next month.

iCarly317

[175]Oct 21, 2008
    I thought Miranda was great in Mystery Girl. I don't really know what it was that I liked about her in the movie, but she really stood out playing this role, which is definitely for the better. I almost wish she could be in more of any upcoming episodes/movies for NBB.

iMIMI37

[176]Oct 23, 2008
    I like Miranda in iCarly, but for some reason I liked her better in the NBB movie.She seemed related and more likeable.She did a great job playing herself in a fake documentary.
    Edited on 10/23/2008 1:24pm

chasefan100

[177]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 11
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    I like Miranda in iCarly, but for some reason I liked her better in the NBB movie.She seemed related and more likeable.She did a great job playing herself in a fake documentary.

I think Miranda's acting has improved so much in s2

She's alot more natural and used to playing Carly now.

Jenette is still my favourite though

iCarly317

[178]Oct 26, 2008
    You guys can't honestly say that Miranda's ACTING is getting better. If it was acting she was more bad at, she never would have gotten the role of Carly in the first place. Its really the writers giving her better and funnier material.

iMIMI37

[179]Oct 26, 2008
    It's possible she only got iCarly because she was on d&j and the writers wanted to work with her more. It's also possible for an actor to get better at acting. No one is saying she was bad they just said she's better.

zulaz

[180]Oct 29, 2008
    uhm'z...i read that Miranda and Nat are dating...but uhmz....i didnt believe it till it said the source was from 'People MAgazine'. lol i just checked this site out here, since im not much of a miranda fan, but i decided to check it since im sick today from school.

http://www.mirandaonline.org/

apparently the magazine said that they have been dating since Spring but...uhm...that doesnt sound right....lol....its like...Miranda and Nat?..come on....