We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official Carly Shay/Miranda Cosgrove Discussion

iMIMI37

[181]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 8
    My computer won't open the site,what did it say? If they're together...wow. I don't like it.How old is he,13? I'm miranda's age and i can't picture me with nat.Everythings not about age,but still.;0
    Edited on 11/03/2008 4:19pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EdFan101

[182]Nov 2, 2008
    • level: 21
    iMIMI37 wrote:
    It's possible she only got iCarly because she was on d&j and the writers wanted to work with her more. It's also possible for an actor to get better at acting. No one is saying she was bad they just said she's better.
    well i kinda think she is better at being a comic relief character because then she doesn't have to try so hard to be funny or dramatic but because i think that she was better off playing megan or perhaps drama just isn't her thing

iMIMI37

[183]Nov 3, 2008
    That's possible but maybe one day she'll surprise us and be in a dramatic movie and be really good. For some reason I see her as a character in a teen movie like mean girls. She did say that's like her fav. movie.

JellyFishJammer

[184]Nov 3, 2008
    • level: 29
    Well, I like Miranda MUCH more than all those other Disney stars out there right now. She is really talented, and even though Carly is not my favorite character on the show, you gotta love her!

iskabibble07

[185]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 13
    I caught miranda's "performance" in the Macy's parade this morning lip syncing a song from a float. I adore miranda but as I have said before, she should keep her day job and stay out of music.

shybaby13

[186]Nov 27, 2008
    • level: 15

iskabibble07 wrote:
    I caught miranda's "performance" in the Macy's parade this morning lip syncing a song from a float. I adore miranda but as I have said before, she should keep her day job and stay out of music.

Hey, I thought she was good!!

ycc1988

[187]Nov 28, 2008
    • level: 20
    Miranda made the TV.com front page. She was selected out of all the faces at the Macy's parade.

ycc1988

[188]Dec 6, 2008
    • level: 20
    So who's seen the "About You Now" music video? I have to say that it's weird because Miranda's songs are quite sugary and the rockish music videos don't match the lyrics or vocals at all. I had the same complaint with "Stay My Baby". But when it comes to just the vocals, I like Miranda's performance better than the original.
    Edited on 12/06/2008 1:48am

iMIMI37

[189]Dec 6, 2008
    That's what I think too. They make her look way too rockish than her sound is.I like the song though.

iCarly317

[190]Dec 6, 2008
    Its a good song. It took me a little bit to like it, but now I do like the song more. But I kinda disagree with the difference of her look and sound.

Dragonflames989

[191]Jan 13, 2009
    • level: 10

iskabibble07 wrote:

Everyone who is put in that parade lip syncs. I think she has potential as an artist but she should stop taking her songs from artists that have already done it. Also Nat and Miranda are def going out.

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[192]Jan 28, 2009
    • level: 5
    Anybody catch Jimmy Kimmel last night?? Miranda was on. She was pretty cool during her interview time with Jimmy. The only iCarly stuff she brought up was the show's concept and the upcoming episodes with her 1st boyfriend.

[193]Jan 28, 2009
    iCarlyHIMYMfan wrote:
    Anybody catch Jimmy Kimmel last night?? Miranda was on. She was pretty cool during her interview time with Jimmy. The only iCarly stuff she brought up was the show's concept and the upcoming episodes with her 1st boyfriend.

I just watched it, she was pretty cool during it

iCarlyHIMYMfan

[194]Feb 10, 2009

This was just reported on the major Hollywood trades, thought I might share it here:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117999942.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Films have acquired the comedy pitch "How Could You Do This to Me?"

Project will be developed as a potential star vehicle for Miranda Cosgrove, who stars on the popular Nickelodeon series "iCarly" and "Drake and Josh."

Andy Marx and Andrea King will write the script, and Gil Netter ("Marley and Me") will produce. Dan Halsted will be exec producer.

Cosgrove will play a teen who feels that the divorce of her parents has improved her life. When mom and dad appear to be rekindling sparks, their daughter feels threatened and tries to break them up.

The scribes most recently wrote "Tour de Frank" at Universal and "Campaign Dads" for Disney.

Par and Nick had been looking for a way to expand its relationship with Cosgrove. She toplines a show that is the top-rated program among kids 6-11; the series has also spawned a successful website and a top-selling album.

This is really great for Miranda. I can already see shades of her 'Drake and Josh' character for this, evil plotting and scheming. LOL

Edited on 02/10/2009 8:48pm

WAVY10

[195]Feb 11, 2009
    Weird premise for a movie.

sockstar

[196]Jul 15, 2009
    • level: 12
    Bumping this from page 4.

In alot of fanfics, they mention that when Carly is hurt/angry/annoyed, she stays in the shower for hours and hours. Did this come from an episode or is this made up fanon?

iCarly317

[197]Jul 15, 2009
    Its mentioned by Spencer in one episode that when she's upset, she stays in the shower for a while. She'd probably have to be pretty upset to be in the shower for long periods of time, but that's right info anyway.

marcdragicevic

[198]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 21
    iCarly317 wrote:
    Its mentioned by Spencer in one episode that when she's upset, she stays in the shower for a while. She'd probably have to be pretty upset to be in the shower for long periods of time, but that's right info anyway.

Yeah, that's correct information. Can't remember which episode it was though.

RemDiamond

[199]Mar 12, 2010
    Miranda's song "Kissin U" debuted today. She was at the Nickolodeon upfronts yesterday. She was on Ryan Seacrest today and on the Today show. She did a live chat on Facebook and she'll be on Rachel Ray on the 23rd.

Miranda also visited schools trying to promote after school activities. She is participating in a contest where she will give a private concert to the winner and friends. It is sponsored by quaker chewy bars.

Her single is pretty good. Just thought she deserved some recognition.

Girlygirl24

[200]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 28
    RemDiamond wrote:
    Miranda's song "Kissin U" debuted today. She was at the Nickolodeon upfronts yesterday. She was on Ryan Seacrest today and on the Today show. She did a live chat on Facebook and she'll be on Rachel Ray on the 23rd.

Miranda also visited schools trying to promote after school activities. She is participating in a contest where she will give a private concert to the winner and friends. It is sponsored by quaker chewy bars.

Her single is pretty good. Just thought she deserved some recognition.

i KNOW!!! i CANT stop hearing it!!!! i LOVE Miranda!!!! yeah shes not the best actress but shes getting alot better and i think shes a great singer!! im SO buying her album and im wondering why everyone hates her