We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iCarly has officially finished filming for the final time. 20th of June 2012.

Fireofnature

[101]Jul 27, 2012
    • level: 13
    I didn't see a cuss word in my post *blinks*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BrookeParker

[102]Jul 27, 2012
    • level: 12
    Lol?

vanillacupcakes

[103]Jul 27, 2012
    • level: 16

I didn't either...I had to read it over again. I guess you meant "damn". I mean, I wouldn't let a little kid say it, but I never considered it a profane word...my bad.

(back on topic) I know I sounded really negative about iCarly, but I do actually enjoy season 6 more than other kids shows. I mean, I've tried finding another guilty pleasure show and I can't even bear to watch a full episode. I'm pretty sure it's funnier than any show on the Disney Channel and the lesser shows like How to Rock, even though iCarly is at it's lowest point of quality right now. They definitely could have kept it going if they distributed the episodes right, but I think people forget when these episodes are on or that iCarly is still running at all. I'm an iCarly fan and even I forget if there is a new episode on or not. Also, I noticed they don't really show reruns anymore. Remember when iCarly was so "in your face", there were promos every second and all they showed were old iCarly reruns?

Edited on 07/27/2012 10:22pm

BrookeParker

[104]Jul 28, 2012
    I thought about when@vanillacupcakes said about 'back on topic". Anyway, last thing about that: @Fireofnature, I'm not saying it was a HORRIBLE thing you did, and I figured u were thankful about what I said about your metaphor.

Fireofnature

[105]Jul 28, 2012
    Yeah, and I was glad someone got it XD

BrookeParker

[106]Jul 29, 2012
    You're glad someone got. Well SOMEONE had to. Lol. Just sayin.

stui8

[107]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 30

Im going to miss it. But,truthfullyI think its time for it to go. They cut the seasons too short anddraggedthem on to long. Season four had only thirteen episodes and lasted over a year. they really could have put seasons four and five together.

stui8

[108]Aug 2, 2012
    • level: 30

sorry for double posting but i forgot to put the part about Sam and Cat getting there own show and Gibby getting his own show check it out:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/02/nickelodeon-icarly-spinoff-victorious/

Diamondgrl13

[110]Aug 3, 2012
    • level: 6
    stui8 wrote:

sorry for double posting but i forgot to put the part about Sam and Cat getting there own show and Gibby getting his own show check it out:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/08/02/nickelodeon-icarly-spinoff-victorious/

Yeah, I saw their tweets about that. I'm excited to see Jennette some more, but I think the "Same & Cat" show sounds pretty lame. I mean, the two of them together, running a babysitting business?? Cuz I would TOTALLY leave my kids with child-labor dictator (ala, iSell Penny Tees) and a...whatever Cat is. lol. Yeah, I see that goin REAL well! I just don't see the show working, as much as I love Jennette! I'm sad she doesn't get to play another character. Oh well. I'll still give it a shot. Just cuz it's her. :-)

vanillacupcakes

[111]Aug 3, 2012

I guess that's the point...they're not suited to babysit kids. Although Cat acts like a 5 year old kid, so maybe she'll enjoy it...like she can reach their level. That's probably where the humor, conflict, and "adventure" comes from. They can't handle it and they aren't good at it. Over time, they will have ~character development and become responsible enough people to

1. Live on their own, support themselves with their own money

2. Tolerate each other, work together, and get along (let's be real, Sam can't tolerate people like Cat)

3. Not only take care of themselves, but take care of children(maybe Sam will grow to actually like children?).

4. College stuff? (assuming they're in college?)

Idk even though I personally haven't, I've known people who get stuck with crappy babysitters. Not Sam/Cat bad...but real life is always less ridiculous/exaggerated than Dan shows haha. It seems no different than leaving a kid with Vicky from FOP or Trina from iParty with Victorious. Parents in these shows are dumb. Where were the supervisors of the kids in this sweatshop penny tee business? Where are the parents to stop the iCarly kids from getting into shenanigans? I bet their parents will be too absent to care, and will dump their kids with anybody. Or...be really naive. They probably don't know Sam very well, or only judge her based off of the web show.

Nevertheless, the plot still sounds kinda lame. Idk why I just defended it...probably because I want to give it a chance. I remember judging iCarly a lot until season 3, and I'm happy I took the time to watch it with an open mind. The synopsis of iCarly and Victorious sounded horrible, but once they got the hang of things it turned out to be okay. I like the roommate part of it though. I'd like a female Kenan/Kel or Drake/Josh. I'd just like it better with different characters and without the babysitting part. I never like pilots of shows, and sometimes I don't like the first season (like iCarly) so I'll give it until season 2 airs before I quit watching if I don't like it. I'm looking forward to iCarly or Victorious cast members guest starring on this show (Miranda Cosgrove and Jerry Trainor I'm looking at you!)

Fireofnature

[112]Aug 4, 2012
    I'd say give it a fair shake. Granted, it seems the idea has been done before in many shows, but you have to remember, most of those shows (Such as Friends) had become very popular. I don't know what Nick's got in store, still a little skeptical that we're seeing Sam Puckett and Cat Valentine, rather than just another person entirely. But the show itself will probably be good, and it sounds like it could be a college roommate type show, which is something I like more than high school centered shows. I'd definitely enjoy seeing what happens there.

BrookeParker

[113]Aug 4, 2012
    Read about that. Also, needless to type/say, but I figured yall saw my last message.

marcdragicevic

[114]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 21
    Victorious may be ending. http://www.mmm-mag.com/2012/08/m-exclusive-victorious-will-not-be-returning-for-season-four.html

vanillacupcakes

[115]Aug 10, 2012
    That was quick....I had a feeling this would happen though. Matt Bennett just tweeted "It's true". I guess that applies to this news.

I think the show already went downhill a lot, but it's still a shame since there's still so much they could do. This cast is so freaking talented and deserve to do something better than this show imo. I hope they find something great to do. I really liked them together though.....seriously this cast is soooo freakishly talented. At least iCarly fans were given a long warning it would end...plus the show dragged out for awhile. Victorious ending is pretty sudden. Maybe they will reappear on Sam and Cat sometime, who knows.

marcdragicevic

[116]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 21
    Avan also tweeted about it. I'm trying to work out why they had ended it.

MusicAddictBabe

[117]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 18
    Victorious has been iffy. I like that show, but lately, it's been fairly predictable.

vanillacupcakes

[118]Aug 10, 2012
    http://www.danwarp.blogspot.com/2012/08/victorious.html

@MAB: IA, but for some reason it was really surprising to me. It seemed to be really successful.

MusicAddictBabe

[119]Aug 10, 2012
    • level: 18
    ^ Makes me wonder...did they already film the last 15 before they were told they had to end the show or after? Like, is there gonna be a final-final episode of this show or does it just stop at the last one they made and that's it?

vanillacupcakes

[120]Aug 10, 2012
    They found out it was ending a few days ago. That's what I think really sucks about all of this, not that it ended too soon, but it didn't end properly. They didn't have this big goodbye episode and party like iCarly did. The cast had to get together at somebody's house and had to have their own crying "I'll miss you" session (I watched Ariana's livechat today to find this out )