We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book 1: Air Discussion Thread

MajLorne

[41]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 21
    AllieAllie wrote:

One more thing: I had a dream that the "big revelation" for the new episode coming up this Saturday would be that Amon was the one that killed Avatar Aang. I guess I could count my messed up dream as a theory to chew on.

I think Aang fell ill though, cause the iceberg sapped up his lifespan.

Yes, I'm glad I wasn't alone thinking that. Sure he was 12 when he was frozen, but he was really 112 when he was freed. So that could probably make the most sense on why he didn't live till 90 or 100.

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Ty Lee >_>

And I highly doubt she taught the Equalists such methods
    Maybe not her, but perhaps students that learned her skills and used them for their own selfish purposes. From the promos it showed some of them using lightening, maybe they have some connections to Azula? They never said she was imprisoned for life did they? Couldn't she have been released and banished or even escaped?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AllieAllie

[42]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 22

MajLorne wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

One more thing: I had a dream that the "big revelation" for the new episode coming up this Saturday would be that Amon was the one that killed Avatar Aang. I guess I could count my messed up dream as a theory to chew on.

Yes, I'm glad I wasn't alone thinking that. Sure he was 12 when he was frozen, but he was really 112 when he was freed. So that could probably make the most sense on why he didn't live till 90 or 100.
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Ty Lee >_> And I highly doubt she taught the Equalists such methods
    Maybe not her, but perhaps students that learned her skills and used them for their own selfish purposes. From the promos it showed some of them using lightening, maybe they have some connections to Azula? They never said she was imprisoned for life did they? Couldn't she have been released and banished or even escaped?

Maybe, but that would mean they were benders? And they're part of the nonbending movement right?

UnovaChampion

[43]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 19
    That "lightning" looked like a weapon of some sort to electricute Bolin.

Not actual bending.

MarcolapinMar

[44]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 4
    AllieAllie wrote:

MajLorne wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Ty Lee >_> And I highly doubt she taught the Equalists such methods

Maybe, but that would mean they were benders? And they're part of the nonbending movement right?

We will know about the fate of Azula in the next dark horse comics this automn, otherwise, we know that the fire nation colonies nealy started a new war between Zuko and Aang. Maybe this is one of the source why the equalist exist.

mi4si

[45]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 9

I like it so far.

MarcolapinMar

[46]Apr 21, 2012
    I just saw the episode 3, I must say that AMON '' taking away bending power '' isnt really energy bending, like Aang was able to do. I think it doesnt have anything to do with spirit world either, like he wants to make it believe. It just look like chi blocking movement.

Nerdnot

[47]Apr 21, 2012
    • level: 14
    WOh, That episode was I guess this is the best word Heavy.

Nerdnot

[48]Apr 21, 2012
    There's No way he could make it perm., only delay for a while

MarcolapinMar

[49]Apr 21, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:

You must admit it wasnt like the chi blocking, he is losing his power gradually to nothing left.

Nerdnot

[50]Apr 21, 2012
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

You must admit it wasnt like the chi blocking, he is losing his power gradually to nothing left.

I hope it's just advance Chi-blocking. If he really could take it away, I think I have an idea how he can do it.

MarcolapinMar

[51]Apr 21, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

I hope it's just advance Chi-blocking. If he really could take it away, I think I have an idea how he can do it.

I just heard a rumor that would be called spirit-bending ? I never heard that. If it was really from the spirit world I would expect more -flashy- effects.

MarcolapinMar

[52]Apr 21, 2012
    Wait, spirit-bending is only energy bending, O.o

MarcolapinMar

[53]Apr 21, 2012
    They uploaded the wiki page, with those who can '' energy bending '' saying : Possibly Amon.

My first though, his story can be all fake, making his history deeper that what we though or true if all he said is what happened. If it's all true, then he is a not a former avatar like the comments I can read above. There is also 2 other possibilities, maybe he is a lot older that he pretends, he survived different ages and period of times, etc ( that would be cooler ) using knowledge of the spirit world to survive and gain powers. But, there is also something else, the past story could have been true and his face burned, but maybe he wasnt trying to defend his family, but instead attacking a firebender or the family of that firebender.

Nerdnot

[54]Apr 21, 2012
    Im so confused. I need to watch that episode again. What's the difference between Energy/Spirt bending anyway? I think Amon can take a persons bending for a time. He kills them before it comes back, thus they think it's permement.

MarcolapinMar

[55]Apr 21, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Im so confused. I need to watch that episode again. What's the difference between Energy/Spirt bending anyway? I think Amon can take a persons bending for a time. He kills them before it comes back, thus they think it's permement.

Why would he kill anyone ? Remember that there is no killing in avatar, except for Jet, but that's fair. The thing is that they are loosing power, we don't know for how long and if it is really energy bending ( I doubt it is ). But, for that time, everyone thinks that their leader can't bend anymore, so he is losing his position in his organisation. He might be like Batman, but as an agent of chaos. ( if you know what I mean )

Nerdnot

[56]Apr 21, 2012

MarcolapinMar wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Why would he kill anyone ? Remember that there is no killing in avatar, except for Jet
    Well Korra is suppose to be more mature.
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    , but that's fair. The thing is that they are loosing power, we don't know for how long and if it is really energy bending ( I doubt it is ).
    I'm half and half. Amon can do it, but its not perment.
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    But, for that time, everyone thinks that their leader can't bend anymore, so he is losing his position in his organisation. He might be like Batman, but as an agent of chaos. ( if you know what I mean )
    I think I would rather refer to him as the Joker.

MarcolapinMar

[57]Apr 21, 2012

MarcolapinMar wrote:
    But, for that time, everyone thinks that their leader can't bend anymore, so he is losing his position in his organisation. He might be like Batman, but as an agent of chaos. ( if you know what I mean )
    I think I would rather refer to him as the Joker.[/QUOTE]

The joker but, he doesnt kill anyone, he is just using his power to improve his influence. I think he is smart enough to use Korra has a weapon of propaganda and showing AMON like a real threat.

Nerdnot

[58]Apr 21, 2012
    MarcolapinMar wrote:

MarcolapinMar wrote:

The joker but, he doesnt kill anyone, he is just using his power to improve his influence. I think he is smart enough to use Korra has a weapon of propaganda and showing AMON like a real threat.

[/QUOTE] that's not true the joker killed people for power.

MarcolapinMar

[59]Apr 21, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    MarcolapinMar wrote:

MarcolapinMar wrote:

that's not true the joker killed people for power.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about AMON, not the joker ...

Nerdnot

[60]Apr 21, 2012

Oh, sorry I misunderstood you. I hope Amon doesn't kill

How the crap did I miss up the quoten thing?

Edited on 04/21/2012 9:46am