We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book 1: Air Discussion Thread

bbock

[21]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 1

Amon will be a spirit-bender. Taking a bender's ability to control the elements would fit his motivations.

Edited on 04/14/2012 2:27pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

UnovaChampion

[22]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 19
    Only a fully realized Avatar can take away a person's bending powers through energybending.

It was a trivia blurb that appeared on Avatar Extras during the series finale.

Sheesh, you guys need to study up before making these crazy theories.

ShagonsHeart

[23]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 4

qtwanderer wrote:

Also, there can only be one Avatar, though that rule was never stated, it was inferred. Then again, no one has ever answered my question "what if the avatar were twins, is it allowed, has it happened?". From seeing the creators' response to questions I'm sure they will just toy me along until poof, no answer.

I have a theory about that. Even if the Avatar has a twin he or she wouldn't be the Avatar as well. Twins are not born at exactly the same time, even if they are only a few moments apart one is still born first and only one would be born at exactly the same time the old Avatar dies. Also, we did see a pair of twins in the series. In the Fortuneteller episode Aang was asking for Earth Benders to help protect the village from a volcano. One of the twins was a bender and the other one wasn't. Since twin are almost biologically the same person it implied that bending, while it is something you are born with, has a more spritural nature than blood alone. As for Amon, I totally agree that since he (or she you never know) is wearing a mask they are either related to a character we know or is a character we know. People in this universe have been know to live for over 100 years old not just Avatars. I have a crazy theory on who it might be. May be Sokka, thought to have died in a battle, lost his memory, scared his face, and after suffering at the hands of benders took on the persona of Amon and is out for revenge. Like I said crazy theory. I also had a theory that Korra was Sokka granddaughter. Both are most likely going to be proven wrong. Can't wait for the new episodes.

Nerdnot

[24]Apr 14, 2012
    • level: 14
    I heard that Korra was Sokka granddaughter somewhere else, I can't remember where though.

SokkaAppa

[25]Apr 16, 2012
    • level: 11

This may be crazy but what if amon is fire lord ozi.. Zuko's dad... I know its very unlikely for him to be alive but think about it. He as the most to gain from this anti-bending movement. He got his bending removed by aang and so now he formed a resistance to stop all benders..

Nerdnot

[26]Apr 16, 2012
    SokkaAppa wrote:

This may be crazy but what if amon is fire lord ozi.. Zuko's dad... I know its very unlikely for him to be alive but think about it. He as the most to gain from this anti-bending movement. He got his bending removed by aang and so now he formed a resistance to stop all benders..

shows what type of thinking a laker fan has.

SokkaAppa

[27]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 11

uh the anything is possible kind! don't hate. The only reason it probably won't be him is because it would be relying too much on theoriginalstory of avatar and I think the writers want something new here.

Edited on 04/16/2012 11:09pm

Nerdnot

[28]Apr 17, 2012
    I'm not quite sure if the writers will go to that extreme though.

UnovaChampion

[29]Apr 17, 2012
    Their voices don't match and even if Ozai was alive he'd be in prison.

[30]Apr 17, 2012
    There was this interesting theory somewhere that Bumi was Amon. (Bumi as in Aang and Katara's older son.) At the time, it was just a joke as there was no other information on Bumi other than his name, but now we know he's a nonbender. It would admittedly be rather messed up if Aang's son turned out to be the Avatar's greatest enemy of the time. Think about it. Bumi grew up with an older sister, who we now know is named Kya, as a waterbender, and a younger brother who would have been (no doubt) gaining more attention from Aang as he was the only other airbender. He would have been the only nonbender of the household and not to mention his mother is a famous and respected waterbender and his father the Avatar. That's bound to gain some animosity.

[31]Apr 17, 2012
    One more thing:

I had a dream that the "big revelation" for the new episode coming up this Saturday would be that Amon was the one that killed Avatar Aang. I guess I could count my messed up dream as a theory to chew on.

Nerdnot

[32]Apr 17, 2012
    There was this interesting theory somewhere that Bumi was Amon. (Bumi as in Aang and Katara's older son.) At the time, it was just a joke as there was no other information on Bumi other than his name, but now we know he's a nonbender. It would admittedly be rather messed up if Aang's son turned out to be the Avatar's greatest enemy of the time. Think about it. Bumi grew up with an older sister, who we now know is named Kya, as a waterbender, and a younger brother who would have been (no doubt) gaining more attention from Aang as he was the only other airbender. He would have been the only nonbender of the household and not to mention his mother is a famous and respected waterbender and his father the Avatar. That's bound to gain some animosity.

Nah,, The bumi I saw looked crazy, like Bumi crazy not that crazy)

edmasterchaos

[33]Apr 17, 2012
    • level: 41

UnovaChampion wrote:
    And pushing 100

Nerdnot

[34]Apr 18, 2012
    edmasterchaos wrote:

UnovaChampion wrote:
    And pushing 100

He would've past hundred, think about. Zuko was at 16 when the show was going. Ozai probably had Zuko when he was about 20. Meaning in the show he was 36, and would be 106 right now. That's way to old be Amon.

AllieAllie

[35]Apr 18, 2012
    • level: 22

One more thing: I had a dream that the "big revelation" for the new episode coming up this Saturday would be that Amon was the one that killed Avatar Aang. I guess I could count my messed up dream as a theory to chew on.

I think Aang fell ill though, cause the iceberg sapped up his lifespan.

Nerdnot

[36]Apr 18, 2012
    That's what I heard too.
    AllieAllie wrote:

One more thing: I had a dream that the "big revelation" for the new episode coming up this Saturday would be that Amon was the one that killed Avatar Aang. I guess I could count my messed up dream as a theory to chew on.

I think Aang fell ill though, cause the iceberg sapped up his lifespan.

MarcolapinMar

[37]Apr 18, 2012
    • level: 4
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Only a fully realized Avatar can take away a person's bending powers through energybending.

It doesnt make Amon more powerfull by having that kind of power, it's just making his '' enemies '' normal. Plus, that kind of bending takes some time ( watch his fight agaisnt ozai ). My point of view leads to the Dai Li organisations, deep in the secret governement and well preserved. Some organisations made their way to the next seasons by having more '' modern approach '' just like the white lotus. The new serie is a lot more mature and talks about government and secrecy, I wouldnt be surprise if that AMON and his group would be related somehow to the Dai Li or even more to Long Feng, making them go on the '' dark '' path.

qtwanderer

[38]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 27
    There was this interesting theory somewhere that Bumi was Amon. (Bumi as in Aang and Katara's older son.)
    I had high hopes when I began this sentence, then they were crushed...

Nerdnot

[39]Apr 19, 2012
    MarcolapinMar wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:

It doesnt make Amon more powerfull by having that kind of power, it's just making his '' enemies '' normal. Plus, that kind of bending takes some time ( watch his fight agaisnt ozai ). My point of view leads to the Dai Li organisations, deep in the secret governement and well preserved. Some organisations made their way to the next seasons by having more '' modern approach '' just like the white lotus. The new serie is a lot more mature and talks about government and secrecy, I wouldnt be surprise if that AMON and his group would be related somehow to the Dai Li or even more to Long Feng, making them go on the '' dark '' path.

Really?!?! Well at least we know where their chi blocking skills come from Mai

UnovaChampion

[40]Apr 19, 2012
    Ty Lee >_>

And I highly doubt she taught the Equalists such methods