We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book 1: Air Discussion Thread

Miista

[1]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 16

Rather than creating redundant threads for each episodes, to save space and time, maybe all discussion pertaining Book 1: Aircan be kept here, since it's more convenient. It also provides a place for people to share their thoughts about the episodes, rather than creating a new thread about a thought for a specific episode (I notice there are currently three threads like this)

Edited on 06/27/2014 7:35pm
    Edited 5 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CrazyAsian1080

[2]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 7

I kind of hope they pull a Buffy and Amon is actually another Avatar.

AllieAllie

[3]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 22

That would be interesting. Can't see that happening, though.

Nerdnot

[4]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 14
    CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

I kind of hope they pull a Buffy and Amon is actually another Avatar.

I see him being a firebender,( Ether him, or the brothers are related to Zuko) but not another Avatar.

CrazyAsian1080

[5]Apr 1, 2012

If anything I could see Amon being related to Sokka and Suki since those two were the only main characters that couldn't Bend. This is also assuming Benders produce Benders and it's not just random who can and who can't. I can even see Amon being related to Azula somehow. Of course you could take it in a total melodramatic love triangle history direction and have Amon be related to Sokka and Suki but bitter because Sokka leaves Suki and gets together with Toph and has what's her name. Regardless, the fact Amon wears a mask makes me think he might be related to a main character from The Last Airbender and we would know who if we saw his face. Or he is just going for the awesome factor.

I was just thinking who really could stand up to the Avatar. I guess the comet is coming back, but they have already done that and since Aang did technically die it would be neat if there was another Avatar running around but evil for some random reason.

Nerdnot

[6]Apr 2, 2012
    Part of its blood relation, other is spritality or something, someone else said that.

readapost

[7]Apr 2, 2012
    What would really be a twist would be if Amon is Aang. I know chances are really slim just throwing it out there before someone else does.

qtwanderer

[8]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 27

Not to crush theories and all but I think its official that Aang is dead, otherwise there would be no Korra.

Also, there can only be one Avatar, though that rule was never stated, it was inferred. Then again, no one has ever answered my question "what if the avatar were twins, is it allowed, has it happened?". From seeing the creators' response to questions I'm sure they will just toy me along until poof, no answer.

I do like the Azula-relative being Amon, thats aninteresting road to go down. I beliave its random though with the bender producing benders or non-benders. You get what got and live with it.

I think there are plenty of people that could take (could've taken)on the avatar. Especially this one not knowing air yet. The better question would be who is skilled enough to handle the avatar when they are in the avatar-state? Azula...she did kinda zapp through Aang that one time

Edited on 04/02/2012 2:35pm

CrazyAsian1080

[9]Apr 2, 2012

Remember how there could only be one Vampire Slayer, but then Buffy died for a minute and BAM we got Kendra and Faith. Same deal pretty much. Aang did technically die for a bit there at the end of Season 2 so in theory there could be another one depending on how the reincarnation works.

qtwanderer

[10]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 27
    Ah, I get what you are saying. But the difference between that situation and this is Kendra and Faith were already alive and had their slayer-abilities dormant in them. Avatars rely on the death and reborn process and thus no one is alive that can bend all four elements except the avatar.

If the line of the avatar was disturbed by Aang's momentary death then Korra should have been born as a earth-bender while another avatar is a water-bender. Since Korra is a water bender this suggests that the line was never broken. Plus I think the past avatars would know if there was a avatar that was "out of sync".

Nerdnot

[11]Apr 2, 2012
    CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

Remember how there could only be one Vampire Slayer, but then Buffy died for a minute and BAM we got Kendra and Faith. Same deal pretty much. Aang did technically die for a bit there at the end of Season 2 so in theory there could be another one depending on how the reincarnation works.

You have forgotten episode one in that very same season. That explains it all!

CrazyAsian1080

[12]Apr 2, 2012

Nerdnot wrote:
    CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

Not really... That episode explains how the Avatar State works and what it is, but it doesn't say anything about how dead you have to be to start the processes. If anything, there shouldn't be another Avatar because technically Aang was killed in the Avatar state. I don't actually think Amon is another Avatar, but Im just saying, if they wanted to do it, they could.

Nerdnot

[13]Apr 2, 2012

CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

Not really... That episode explains how the Avatar State works and what it is, but it doesn't say anything about how dead you have to be to start the processes. If anything, there shouldn't be another Avatar because technically Aang was killed in the Avatar state. I don't actually think Amon is another Avatar, but Im just saying, if they wanted to do it, they could.

it said and I quote"If you are killed in the Avatar State, the reincarnation cycle will be broken, and The Avatar will cease to exist." they dismissed that possibility early on.

Edited on 04/02/2012 7:29pm

CrazyAsian1080

[14]Apr 2, 2012

Nerdnot wrote:

CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

it said and I quote"If you are killed in the Avatar State, the reincarnation cycle will be broken, and The Avatar will cease to exist." they dismissed that possibility early on.

Im not sure what you are trying to get at... Or if you are understanding my point...

1. Aang was technically killed in the Avatar state so there shouldn't be another Avatar. This can't be true because Korra is the Avatar.

2. Aang was killed in the Avatar state but because he was brought back to life the Avatar cyclecontinues. This is probably true because, again, Korra is the Avatar.

If option 2 is true than the question become how dead do you have to be for the next Avatar to be born? For example, in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy dies for 5 minutes and another Slayer was called. Granted Slayers seem to be activated and not really reincarnated, but it would be neat if because Aang technically died for a few minutes part of his spirit/soul/essence wastransferred to the next Avatar in the cycle.

You are pointing at a statement that doesn't contradict this theory, if anything, your argument is that Avatars shouldn't exist at all any more.

Nerdnot

[15]Apr 3, 2012
    CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

when he died he was in the avatar state, thus there can't be another Avatar!

edmasterchaos

[16]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 41
    I think what she's trying to say is that, since Aang originally died in the Avatar state, the Avatar Spirit was not passed in Season 2, but his death 16 years ago, not being in the Avatar State most likely, allowed the Avatar Spirit to be passed.

Nerdnot

[17]Apr 3, 2012
    Yes! Thank You!

Miista

[18]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 16
    Non-benders + Non-benders = Bender.

Non-benders can give birth to benders. An example would be Toph. Neither of her parents are earthbenders and Toph explained that she learnt (wasn't born with) bending from badger moles.

I remember hearing something about non-bendes being able to give birth to benders somewhere, but I don't remember. If anyone wants to be a genius and find it on my behalf, I'd love you haha

Nerdnot

[19]Apr 8, 2012
    Miista wrote:
    Non-benders + Non-benders = Bender.

Non-benders can give birth to benders. An example would be Toph. Neither of her parents are earthbenders and Toph explained that she learnt (wasn't born with) bending from badger moles.

I remember hearing something about non-bendes being able to give birth to benders somewhere, but I don't remember. If anyone wants to be a genius and find it on my behalf, I'd love you haha

It's part blood, part spiritually to become a bender.

Nerdnot

[20]Apr 8, 2012
    Does anyone else think if Mako had a scar he would look like someone from the old seris!